April 27, 2024, 07:37:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #107 2/17/09 - 2/19/09  (Read 407503 times)
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1840 on: February 19, 2009, 01:06:40 PM »

---------SNIP

I would have preferred a forensic profile as opposed to the more simple STR for such an important case. They may not consider it important enough to the case to have more extensive testing, and felt the STR was adequate. I am not a DNA expert but I do have friends who are, and I simply asked how the STR worked in incest cases and the reply I received was what I posted.  
I think that is the essence of the continued debate.  The buckle swabs were used - not the full profile - at this point.  I sure hope the next document dump shows that this was just preliminary processing and that full studies with CONCLUSIVE TO A JURY test were done. 
Again, I think anyone sitting on a jury should be looking at this and saying - is that a preliminary test - are the results conclusive - can this test show a person not to be included as a possible father or is it just one of many tests required to determine with a preponderance of evidence.  Actually, I find an open minded review of these questions interesting still.  Just like it better when kept on a cerebral level only.  The emotional discussion creeps in because we are human, but step back and say to yourself, am I using fighting words because I want casey found guilty, or because I am mad at the state of the economy and just feel like lashing and it makes it easier to stay cerebral in the spirit of constructive debate.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1841 on: February 19, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »

The duct tape is very odd to me ... it stands out in my mind like the evidence of chloroform in the trunk did. It makes me say WTF.

So if she used chloroform to knock her out why'd she need duct tape?

Was this a "punishment" method used by Casey? Had she ever used it before? Had her parents used it on her?

Was the duct tape part of the actual murder? Was it after the fact? Did she read about another case and think this would make it appear to be a kidnapping gone wrong? Why add the heart sticker then?

I'm just confused. So many if's. 

I remember you, Caylee.
LuvLeBron
Scared Monkey

The Cavs are still the best in my mind

« Reply #1842 on: February 19, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »

I am interested in the box of newspaper clippings taken from the As attic.  Has anyone come across a picture of this yet?  I am very curious if there are clues to Caylee's  paternity in it?
Oh my I didn't see that either, I must have been sleeping when I read those docs.

Maybe they're clippings from missing children???....just throwing it out there...

**Justice Is My Calling**

I stand with the brave protesters in Iran. Keep fighting. The American people are behind you %100.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1843 on: February 19, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »

About the box of newspaper clippings, too, I found it odd that they went into the attic for them.  I didn't see anything else taken from the attic.  I wonder what made them look up there?
Casey was out on bail for a bit of time.  I wonder if she was not collecting "momentos" of her kill?
Remember that big "MEDIA" notebook she used to tote to her assignations meetings with Bozo? Perhaps SinSin and she were collecting stuff for their book "The Absolutely Idiot's Guide to Life"?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1844 on: February 19, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

All we need is music, sweet music
they'll be music everywhere
they'll be swinging and swaying, records playing
dancing in the street, oh

It doesnt matter what you wear
just as long as you are there
so come on every guy grab a girl
everywhere around the world

Do No Evil 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1845 on: February 19, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »

From yesterday: 
Quote from: NewfieMonkey on February 18, 2009, 05:58:44 PM
Quote from: A_News_Junkie_Monkey on February 18, 2009, 05:55:16 PM
That heart from the scene - is it on a leaf or what?  Because wasn't the sticker residue in the shape of a heart found on the tape on the skull; and the actual sticker found in the area?
weathered duct tape ... sad
But didn't they say they only found the residue on the tape on the skull?  IE: did the sticker float off and land on more duct tape?  Or maybe there was more than one of the stickers?

---------->  I watched my dvr copy of Greta this am and someone on there said that this sticker was found on a piece of cardboard found at the scene.  Looking at the pic, the corner seems square like cardboard.  I couldn't imagine that LE would put the sticker (even for sizing) on the duct tape - as it would certainly be grounds to toss the evidence or an appeal.  Anyone see more info on this cardboard?
BUMP -------> anyone else hear this was found stuck to cardboard, not duct tape?
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1846 on: February 19, 2009, 01:10:02 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!

o/t Island I am so sorry to hear about your Dad.  May he return to good health and enjoy many years with you and your kids on your beautiful island.

All Monkeys who have been laid off, or are worrying about their job stability, my thoughts are with you and I hope you all can stay strong and find a way.

What's that song???...let's love one another RIGHT NOW!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1847 on: February 19, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »

The duct tape is very odd to me ... it stands out in my mind like the evidence of chloroform in the trunk did. It makes me say WTF.

Was this a "punishment" method used by Casey? Had she ever used it before? Had her parents used it on her?

Was the duct tape part of the actual murder? Was it after the fact? Did she read about another case and think this would make it appear to be a kidnapping gone wrong? Why add the heart sticker then?

Lots of questions for sure!  The duct tape seems to be something she could have picked up from watching it on TV with the different crime shows that show kidnapped victims wrapped in duct tape.
The heart stick sounds almost "Mobster" to me, like a calling card of a mafia hit.

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1848 on: February 19, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

About the box of newspaper clippings, too, I found it odd that they went into the attic for them.  I didn't see anything else taken from the attic.  I wonder what made them look up there?
Casey was out on bail for a bit of time.  I wonder if she was not collecting "momentos" of her kill?

yeah! Remember the "media binder" she or Cindy carried around?

I remember you, Caylee.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1849 on: February 19, 2009, 01:11:20 PM »

Earlier this week, someone posted a pic of a kid duct-taped to the wall. It was hilarious! One comment was "somewhere out there is a tired mom with a great sense of humor". The kid looked like maybe a year old. It was funny, it was not child abuse (just heading that discussion off before it begins.) Sorry, I can't remember which day, and don't know how to post pics here, but wanted you to know it is possible to duct tape a living person. (Oy to the vey, what I wished I knew when our boys were teenagers!)

LOL! Thanks!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
LuvLeBron
Scared Monkey

The Cavs are still the best in my mind

« Reply #1850 on: February 19, 2009, 01:12:22 PM »

Okay monkeys...someone give me some insight here....

Lee is not the father.

So why in the heck would he refuse to give his DNA, since there is no indication that he helped dispose of Caylee???? This is really bothering me...There HAS to be a reason for this....is he involved in another crime(s)? or what??
Some people consider it a big invasion of privacy.  A lot of people refuse on principle.  Could be as simple as this.

I understand that....but if my loved one was missing I'd do anything to help. And if someone knocked at my door right now asking for dna to clear me or whatever, i'd give it, b/c i have nothing to hide. I just don't think "principle" applies here b/c it was his neice.

I guess I'm saying that if I had nothing to hide, I'd gladly give up my DNA....

**Justice Is My Calling**

I stand with the brave protesters in Iran. Keep fighting. The American people are behind you %100.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1851 on: February 19, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »

Serial killers always do that.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1852 on: February 19, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »

Anthony P.I. Gave Conflicting Statements To Investigators
Thursday, February 19, 2009 – updated: 12:45 pm EST February 19, 2009

<snipped>
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The Anthony family's private eye, Dominic Casey, gave conflicting statements to investigators under oath about what he was doing at the scene a month before Caylee Anthony's remains were found there and he was being represented at the time by the Anthony family's attorney.

The Anthonys' private eye also told investigators, under oath, that he did not know he was being videotaped by another private investigator, Jim Hoover, although at times it looks as though he's being videotaped from close up. Mr. Casey called Hoover a "sneaky devil."
The statement was the first Dominic Casey gave to investigators. There's a second one that the judge hasn't decided whether to release yet.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18751052/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #1853 on: February 19, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »

Okay, I am going to put an end to this devisive debate....

I AM THE FATHER!
[/b][/size][/size][/size]

Yes, it is true.  I was in FL a few years back, and met KC for a one nighter (which wasn't all that spectacular I might add).
ShariVari
Monkey Junky

the fairness of life!

« Reply #1854 on: February 19, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

All we need is music, sweet music
they'll be music everywhere
they'll be swinging and swaying, records playing

It doesnt matter what you wear
just as long as you are there
so come on every guy grab a girl
everywhere around the world

Elaine Benes dancing=hilariousness!  thank you, CC

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1855 on: February 19, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »

----------> snip

Actually, I think this is about more than the DNA results and whether or not the are conclusive at this point.
I think it is about: Respect, group dynamics, open mindedness and gang mentality.
There was a post a few pages back that bolded one members defensive words and called them out as tossing insults - but the insults tossed by other members was not bolded.  I am not sure why on earth anyone thinks belittling, name calling and rudeness is effective in constructive debate.  98% of the time, SM is a great place for digging to the absolute bottom.  It is the 2% of the time that hurts us as a group.  I have seen this 2% several times in my short life in the cage.  It has caused me to lurk, be hurt and even feel the need to defend or at least point it out.
Again, I think that if a topic strikes a nerve in someone who has made up their mind on an aspect already - then please, for the sake of unity - just view the debate as the OT humor and talk among friends and move on.  JMHO - for what it is worth. 

Thank you for saying this, I have observed this dynamic for some time and take it with a grain of salt, but it makes me feel better that others notice it as well.

And at least I am not alone feeling this dynamic either; so thanks for validating that Casey and this case has not driven me crazy!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1856 on: February 19, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »

You're mindreading abilities are astounding. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1857 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:20 PM »

Dr. Perper (NG guest) seems to think the duct tape was used as a method to stop the baby from breathing.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1858 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1859 on: February 19, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »

Didn't Cindy or Casey (think it was her) say that they had the newspaper clipping from the fathers death?  I think that might be the reason for the search.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.