April 26, 2024, 12:35:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WENDI - GET WELL SOON!  (Read 11941 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »

Wendi,you are in my thoughts and prayers.Get well soon.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »

Wendi -   

I'm praying that you'll be feeling better soon.   You have a lot of friends here that love and care about you!   Hugs.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »

Wendi~you are not alone...we are all here for you.  I hope you feel better soon!

Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »

Wendi! I just wanted to tell you how much I care about you and hope you are feeling better. For what it is worth, I am the black sheep of the family and revel in that. I found out a long time ago that you can create your own family by surrounding yourself with people who care about you and they don't necessarily have to be blood related. I feel more comfortable around them than I do my own family. Everyone is special and has something to offer the world. Your words of wisdom and your sense of humor are appreciated here as you can plainly see!!

Hugs to you!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »

Wendi you have a big heart!  You are a great person!  You encompass everything that your mother wishes she could be, which is why I feel she lashes out at you the most.  She is your mother, and forever will be regardless of how she chooses to treat you....but you do NOT have to accept her actions towards you. 
You have friends in us monkeys, internet or not, we are here for you and we want to see you achieve the very best you that you can be. Last night you had 2 monkey angels looking after you...just imagine what a cage full can do!! We are not here to judge you or critisize you, sounds to me like you deal with enough of that as it is.  You have a husband who cares for you and your family who loves you.  Do not allow the words of your mother to define who you choose to be, because you are so much greater than she gives you credit for and you DESERVE all the happiness in the world......I pray that you soon will find it.
God bless you!  Always here for you.....hugs!!
Dolce

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »

Dear Wendi!  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »

Wendi ~  I just want you to know that ALL of the MONKEYS wish you well.

So we are sending you some bananas to cheer you up. 

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »

Wendi, Just wanted to say that you are a much loved monkey and you are missed here at the cage. Please get well soon. Praying that your spirits will be lifted and for strength for you to get better. Hope you feel better real soon.

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »

Wendi,
These Monkeys all speak the truth.You are a beautiful Child of God and you are precious to so many here.We all learn from the past and do not repeat it in the future.I will pray for your recovery each day.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 01:09:33 AM »

DeDe, pls know how much you are loved, valued and needed. Never forget that you are worthy of love, patience, acceptance and healing. I pray for you every night knowing you are tired and feel like your life is out of control, pls remember that we are always here for you no matter what your worries are, and we will always be honored to help you through this difficult time.

I thought I would share two very special messages that helped me in my dark times......

Footprints in the Sand - Poem

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?”

The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.”

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 01:45:22 AM »

Hi Wendi,

I've been thinking about you for days and days...then on St. Valentine's Day morn my daughter came running in and told me that my older mare was down.

I thought about you while I struggled to help my sweet mare hold on 'til the vet came.  I wished I had someone like you with me to hug or lean on 'til the vet finally arrived after dark.  After a very lengthy exam, vet said my equine bff might not survive--esp. after my mare collapsed and refused to get back up yet again.

It was snowing on us all and I just felt so hopeless when I heard the vet tell me to call anytime during the night if my mare got worse.  The vet said I had to consider euthanasia for my heart's darling, for she wasn't responding to the best help we could provide.

Wendi, the vet left and I went inside to get on dry clothes and boots.

When I came back out into the dark I dreaded every step.  But then the snow'd stopped falling and my darling was back on her feet and nickering to me as I came around the back of the barn.

Its been touch and go since the other night, Miss Wendi.  Today though, I think my bff horsie is on the upswing. 

I wanted you to know that when I was so desperate for my aged mare's survival I was thinking of you and how much I could have used you to lean on during those many, many long hours when the vet told me to brace myself for the worst outcome.

Your sweet nature was a soft whisper in my mind to buck up and keep fighting for my mare.

Keep my voice a soft whisper in your mind too...you are needed and dearly loved. 

Someday soon, I shall figure out how to send you a pic of my pretty chestnut mare--my friend of a couple of decades that just the thought of you helped her buck up and stand again.

Thanks, Miss Wendi.

Foggy

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

I am not very good with words, but I hope you can see through my art how much you mean to me. I made this "card" for you using your cat Oscar's picture. I love how you send me pictures of all the great furbabies you have!

I really think you are special, wendi, and I want the very best for you. You are in my thoughts.

~Brandi

GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 06:22:17 PM »

Hi Wendi    You probably wont recognize my name because although I have been a monkey since 2005 I post very seldom although I read every day without fail. I wanted to add my Best Wishes to your thread so you will know that you are very special and important to us all, even those of us you dont see often. I am sending prayers your way, praying that the Lord will wrap his arms around you and be your strength until you feel up to standing alone again. Remember Wendi that behind every cloud there is a shining sun, and after every night there is a new day. Im sorry for the sadness and weariness that you feel, I do know that sometimes things can get just too heavy to bear alone. Please remember that you are not alone, you have many, many friends right here at SM who really DO care about you.
My prayers are with you Wendi, here's wishing you a bright sun shiny day very very soon!

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 07:28:45 PM »

I am not very good with words, but I hope you can see through my art how much you mean to me. I made this "card" for you using your cat Oscar's picture. I love how you send me pictures of all the great furbabies you have!

I really think you are special, wendi, and I want the very best for you. You are in my thoughts.

~Brandi

Is there anyone that can get an update on Wendi??   It would be so very nice to hear that she is settled and working towards some progress. 

Get Well Wendi ~  I am thinking about you~~  Wish you well.

Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:15 PM »

Dear Wendi,

I was lurking the other evening when you were calling-out for help.  My heart just went-out to you as you were in so much pain.  But, I was sick and couldn't find the right words to say to you.

What was wonderful and uplifting were the monkey's, who at a moment's notice, came to help you.  You were immediately surrounded by love and caring people.

Since I don't know the circumstances surrounding your mother, I don't know if this is appropriate or not.  But, I will share that my mom was a very difficult person to deal with in a relationship during her lifetime.  From the time I was in the sixth grade, when she went thru her change, her abuse, at times, was more than just verbal.

As I got more into my mid-life and talked with some of her sisters, it became apparant that she had her own set of major problems, which began back in her childhood.  And, those deep scars inside of her never healed. 

That helped me to realize that the problems she had weren't with me, but within her self.  Even though the scenerio may be different with your mom, I would imagine that there's something inside of her that isn't right, and although she isn't aware of what she's doing, she's taking her anger or frustrations out on you.  Maybe you're the easiest target for her; I don't know. 

Wendi, just try to realize that your mom is a human being with her own faults, and you are not one of them.  I hope she gets some counseling someday.

Lots of love & prayers.
Mary

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 03:47:02 AM »

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:07 AM »

Hi Monkeys~Just a quick post to let you know that she is still in the hospital, and her husband is visiting her during the very rigid hours, I am very familiar with the hospital/recovery center and they don't allow anything to be sent in so the basket will have to wait until she is home again. I haven't talked to her hubby today as work is as wild as a sugared up toddler lately and I'm usually one 2-3 lines at a time. Hopefully after tomorrow work will slow down a bit and i can catch him at home early in the morning.

Pls continue your prayers for her recovery and that she will realize that others who are only negative don't define you, she is such a sweet and caring person and deserves to know that.

Thanks again for everyone pulling together to pray for her.

IM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 12:51:23 AM »

Hi Wendi    We miss you!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 02:12:55 AM »

Wendi,
Guess what I heard today? Only 29 more days until Spring! Just think-a new Season to celebrate life.A time for new beginnings and new birth.A time for sunshine on your face and in your heart.A time for you to grow strong and healthy.Please know that there are those who care about you deeply even if we don't know you.You brought us together the other night as some talked, others prayed.We will help you if you let us.We miss you already and are praying that you are better soon.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »

I'm thinking about you daily Wendi, and I'm excited for you. I believe that life has taken a wonderful turn for you and even though some of the steps will not come easy, my prayer is that you will catch a glimpse of what promise and hope is there for you!! With every step, hon, that glimpse will become a full vision that grows clearer. Catch up with it, Wendi! Step into your life and walk it with God who created you for wonderful things!!!

God Bless!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.