March 19, 2024, 04:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320591 times)
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1160 on: February 24, 2009, 11:53:34 AM »

Ronald Cummings repeatedly said someone took his daughter, and according to the police report. he said, "when I find him, I'll kill him." Investigators said Cummings mentioned he had a 9 mm Beretta inside his home, and he said whomever had his child, he would "shoot them through the back window of the patrol car."

So did they ever find this gun, I thought it was found in a ditch days later, but was this prior to the night Haleigh disappeared or after because Ron sure thought it was in his house that night?

Hi again ;}  I thought the gun found in the ditch was the one supposedly stolen by one of Misty's cousins - was that Joe?  And thought I had also read Ron had 2 guns.  I haven't read much about that tho.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1161 on: February 24, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »

Interesting, yet still rumor........

Found on a yahoo message board:

"My step-daughter goes to an after school daycare with Haleigh Cummings, the girlfriend may have done it but on the other hand, you don't know how messed up a place Putnam County actually is unless you've ever lived there. It's not like Orlando, Tampa, or Miami. It's a rural, backwoods, half-wit H*ll hole infested with toothless perverts & where kids have an average of getting knocked up at 15yrs old. It's possible that Misty did it but it's just as likely someone really did snatch the kid, why is it hard to believe the girlfriend wouldn't wake up? She was probably smoking some weed, was tired after watching 2 kids, & teens are heavy sleepers anyways. If someone besides Misty did something with Haleigh, here's my scenerios:

1. She left the kids there by themselves to go across the street to do something she wasn't supposed to be doing & doesn't want her boyfriend to know about.

2. She had some people that knew her & the house that her boyfriend doesn't know about & they took the kid.

Misty may have done it but I find it more plausible that maybe she was doing some things she wasn't supposed to be doing & doesn't want people to know about that. I don't think she's smart enough to make this kinda thing up & if she accidently killed her, I would see her cracking by now."

Oh my, sure isn't helping the tourism trade, with those comments. And frankly the area that I was born and raised in Wisconsin, there was quite a bit of poorer less educated people mixed in, but by these comments it sure sounds like the whole area is like that, which I find hard to believe. I'm really lost on this case, I just don't see an intruder, and hopefully there will some resolution soon.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1162 on: February 24, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »

Interesting, yet still rumor........

Found on a yahoo message board:

"My step-daughter goes to an after school daycare with Haleigh Cummings, the girlfriend may have done it but on the other hand, you don't know how messed up a place Putnam County actually is unless you've ever lived there. It's not like Orlando, Tampa, or Miami. It's a rural, backwoods, half-wit H*ll hole infested with toothless perverts & where kids have an average of getting knocked up at 15yrs old. It's possible that Misty did it but it's just as likely someone really did snatch the kid, why is it hard to believe the girlfriend wouldn't wake up? She was probably smoking some weed, was tired after watching 2 kids, & teens are heavy sleepers anyways. If someone besides Misty did something with Haleigh, here's my scenerios:

1. She left the kids there by themselves to go across the street to do something she wasn't supposed to be doing & doesn't want her boyfriend to know about.

2. She had some people that knew her & the house that her boyfriend doesn't know about & they took the kid.

Misty may have done it but I find it more plausible that maybe she was doing some things she wasn't supposed to be doing & doesn't want people to know about that. I don't think she's smart enough to make this kinda thing up & if she accidently killed her, I would see her cracking by now."

Oh my, sure isn't helping the tourism trade, with those comments. And frankly the area that I was born and raised in Wisconsin, there was quite a bit of poorer less educated people mixed in, but by these comments it sure sounds like the whole area is like that, which I find hard to believe. I'm really lost on this case, I just don't see an intruder, and hopefully there will some resolution soon.

Hi No RCG ;}

I also have a hard time seeing the perp as a stranger, as a SO or someone who hasn't made the SO list yet.  Pedo perps don't work that way from what I learned in Madeleine's case.  They are opportunistic, see a child in the right situation then lure and grab them.  If the child dies, they don't even try to hide the body or bury it, and simply leave it somewhere by a road or in the trees.  It seems family members are ones who hide a body so it will not be found to tell the truth about what happened.

To go into a home and snatch a child is risky and not necessary for these sexual predators from what I've read.  So then that means it would have to be someone who knew the family and was very familiar with their lifestyle and the house itself.  That is what Pat Brown said on I believe a NG show a week into the case.]

Either that or she met with an accident in the home IMO, and the cover up started with the 911 call.

Off to work but will stop back tonight.  xox
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1163 on: February 24, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »

My comp won't open this particular pdf link.  Someone over at InSessions has translated it, as follows.  Am wondering if someone who can open the link can confirm this is what it says? 

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

"2005

Court gave Shared parental responsibility to Ron and Crystal.

Crystal; chronic victim of domestic violence. Intimidated by Ronald

Ron used history of control and intimidation to manipulate testimony and effectively silence Crystal. Ron reputed to be a known drug dealer in the community. His chosen lifestyle in illegal business pose risk to the children. Ron is a known abuser who has threatened violence against others besides Crystal. Ron has a history of abusing others besides Crystal including those within his own family. Ron is alleged to have threatened to kill Crystal and others that attract his ill temper.

Witnesses have issued police reports against Ron have stated they are fearful of retribution. Ron does not take care of the children and leaves them with other family members. Ron has threatened to leave town with the children.

Habitually Ron has driven recklessly and endangered the lives of both the children and Crystal. Ron has had several severe wrecks and is a threat to himself and others. Ron is reputed to have wrecked his truck while high on coke and the children were with him.

If this matter and underlying and undisclosed issues are not addressed now then it’s only a matter of time before additional significant incidents occur that will demand the court’s attention.

July 2005 Ron failed to keep control and allowed Haleigh to wander off. The Mother found her floating face down in the canal behind the house. Crystal rescued and revived Haleigh.

This court has been manipulated into letting Ron Cummings have temporary custody of the children, both of whom may be considered toddlers, even though Ronald Cummings has demonstrated his inability and disinterest in caring for the children.

Ron still lives in the house by the canal and has made no effort to fence or otherwise prevent two toddlers from venturing into the canal or being at risk of alligator attack.

Since leaving Ronald Cummings, Crystal Sheffield has acquired driving skills, owns a car, now owns a residence, has succeeded in borrowing a mortgage in her own name, found employment, and is involved in a successful and loving relationship with another man.

Johnny Sheffield has witnessed Ron Cummings drive with the children while under the influence of alcohol. Witnessed him using Rx and drink at the same time as on Xanax and Loratabs. States he has observed Ron using illegal drugs. Ron has a history of violence and sell illegal drugs and illegally sell Rx pills that were not prescribed to him.

Ron has threatened retribution up to and including killing those who offend him. Because of this others and his family members are afraid of him. Witnessed Ron using and selling cocaine. Until Crystal left him he showed no interest in the children. Johnny has observed Ron and Crystal arguing and observed bruises on Crystal consistent with physical abuse.

Ron has left his children with his other family members who are also drug users and who’s habits have placed the children at risk. Over the phone Johnny has heard Ron encourage Haleigh to “drink a beer“, chase a wh@re, “roll a blunt”. Ron has denied the infant Jr. a bottle when he was six months old and before he had teeth."

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1164 on: February 24, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »

Wyks I can't open it either, but what I just read, whether it is true or not, who knows? I just feel Ron has something to do with this, felt it from the beginning and have not lost the feeling.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1165 on: February 24, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »

quote; July 2005 Ron failed to keep control and allowed Haleigh to wander off. The Mother found her floating face down in the canal behind the house. Crystal rescued and revived Haleigh.

This court has been manipulated into letting Ron Cummings have temporary custody of the children, both of whom may be considered toddlers, even though Ronald Cummings has demonstrated his inability and disinterest in caring for the children.

Ron still lives in the house by the canal and has made no effort to fence or otherwise prevent two toddlers from venturing into the canal or being at risk of alligator attack.

well, we know this is not true since his land lady said that he recently lived next to her in a smaller home and is now living in the larger mobile home since November....the near drowning event if it did happen would have been in 2005 when ron and crystal were still together allegedly...so is either more at fault if indeed Haleigh did wander away?
indeed, everyone in that mobile home park would be in danger of alligator attacks as well, have they fenced anything in, if the writer is speaking of this same area....

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1166 on: February 24, 2009, 12:40:06 PM »

My comp won't open this particular pdf link.  Someone over at InSessions has translated it, as follows.  Am wondering if someone who can open the link can confirm this is what it says? 

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

"2005

Ron used history of control and intimidation to manipulate testimony and effectively silence Crystal. Ron reputed to be a known drug dealer in the community. His chosen lifestyle in illegal business pose risk to the children. Ron is a known abuser who has threatened violence against others besides Crystal. Ron has a history of abusing others besides Crystal including those within his own family. Ron is alleged to have threatened to kill Crystal and others that attract his ill temper.

Witnesses have issued police reports against Ron have stated they are fearful of retribution. Ron does not take care of the children and leaves them with other family members. Ron has threatened to leave town with the children.

Habitually Ron has driven recklessly and endangered the lives of both the children and Crystal. Ron has had several severe wrecks and is a threat to himself and others. Ron is reputed to have wrecked his truck while high on coke and the children were with him.

If this matter and underlying and undisclosed issues are not addressed now then it’s only a matter of time before additional significant incidents occur that will demand the court’s attention.

July 2005 Ron failed to keep control and allowed Haleigh to wander off. The Mother found her floating face down in the canal behind the house. Crystal rescued and revived Haleigh.

Since leaving Ronald Cummings, Crystal Sheffield has acquired driving skills, owns a car, now owns a residence, has succeeded in borrowing a mortgage in her own name, found employment, and is involved in a successful and loving relationship with another man.

Johnny Sheffield has witnessed Ron Cummings drive with the children while under the influence of alcohol. Witnessed him using Rx and drink at the same time as on Xanax and Loratabs. States he has observed Ron using illegal drugs. Ron has a history of violence and sell illegal drugs and illegally sell Rx pills that were not prescribed to him.

Ron has threatened retribution up to and including killing those who offend him. Because of this others and his family members are afraid of him. Witnessed Ron using and selling cocaine. Until Crystal left him he showed no interest in the children. Johnny has observed Ron and Crystal arguing and observed bruises on Crystal consistent with physical abuse.

Ron has left his children with his other family members who are also drug users and who’s habits have placed the children at risk. Over the phone Johnny has heard Ron encourage Haleigh to “drink a beer“, chase a wh@re, “roll a blunt”. Ron has denied the infant Jr. a bottle when he was six months old and before he had teeth."

Adobe Acrobat Reader opens the file.  Free at http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

Yes this basically states what Crystal says about Ron and the signed affadavit from her father.

Good Find this was not attached to the custody report earlier or could not be opened for some reason.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1167 on: February 24, 2009, 12:40:23 PM »

Wyks I can't open it either, but what I just read, whether it is true or not, who knows? I just feel Ron has something to do with this, felt it from the beginning and have not lost the feeling.

I hear ya, no rose!  Seems just when I've decided that one particular person has something to do with this, one of the others does or says something that makes me go hmmmm.  Could it be that all of em are involved?   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1168 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »

quote; July 2005 Ron failed to keep control and allowed Haleigh to wander off. The Mother found her floating face down in the canal behind the house. Crystal rescued and revived Haleigh.

well, we know this is not true since his land lady said that he recently lived next to her in a smaller home and is now living in the larger mobile home since November....the near drowning event if it did happen would have been in 2005 when ron and crystal were still together allegedly...so is either more at fault if indeed Haleigh did wander away?
indeed, everyone in that mobile home park would be in danger of alligator attacks as well, have they fenced anything in, if the writer is speaking of this same area....

Good points made, cookie!   

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1169 on: February 24, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »

Again it is very interesting that she stated all this along w/her father and still the court choose to give the children to Ron.  I can only think her record is worse or we are missing some document where she relinquished custody to him: just decided not to persue it any longer.  I mean I know others are going to say well the whole domestic abuse thing, however if she had the balls to carry it this far, why not continue....makes me wonder what is up w/her.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1170 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

"2005

Adobe Acrobat Reader opens the file.  Free at http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

Yes this basically states what Crystal says about Ron and the signed affadavit from her father.

Good Find this was not attached to the custody report earlier or could not be opened for some reason.

Thanks fatcatlurker!  I do have adobe reader, it just won't open this for whatever reason.  Am going to the link you gave and update the program, maybe that's the problem. 

And thanks for letting me know what this is and that it's basically saying the same thing.  Didn't realize it was a signed affadavit from Crystal's father, but that makes sense for the way it reads. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1171 on: February 24, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »

Again it is very interesting that she stated all this along w/her father and still the court choose to give the children to Ron.  I can only think her record is worse or we are missing some document where she relinquished custody to him: just decided not to persue it any longer.  I mean I know others are going to say well the whole domestic abuse thing, however if she had the balls to carry it this far, why not continue....makes me wonder what is up w/her.

Sure seems odd to me as well!  If it's true that Ron is intimidating and that there are others who fear retribution from him as well, that would make it easier to understand if Crystal didn't fight him for the kids.  There are people who say things like 'don't try to fight me for those kids, I will get them and you'll never see em again'... Could be why it seems that Crystal backed down, who knows. 

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1172 on: February 24, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »

Another thing is Crystal is basically stating all hearsay crap imo not to belittle abuse again, but it seems like a easy way to try to regain custody of the children.  And if my father saw bruises on me he would personally kill my husband no questions asked.  If you got the will power and balls to start this type of thing w/a man you say beat you than you would damn well keep on for the sake of your children.  And the 3 yrs later thing leaves a lot of questions in my mind about Crystal I mean at the end of the custody document they leave it open for this women to step up again as the custodial parent and she never does. It even states she has a car, house, and job.  You know we kept saying w/Casey 31 days, well 3 yrs here applies the same to me for Crystal atleast seeking custody or atleast a better parental relationship w/the father and family.

In this day and age there just is no excuse for not making all resources available to yourself.  People in America don't give breaks to others for not to working and supporting theirselves and I don't give breaks to momma's who leave there children with someone they claim to be an abuser.  There are too many public programs out there to help you get your stuff together and the poorer you are the more social services you have available to you.  Or if the programs don't fit you steal your kids and go underground in another place happens all the time.  It seems like half the missing children in the US are custodial disputes.

I'm still mad I have to pay 40 bucks to get my new kitty neutered, if I made less it would of been free.  And why can't I live in CA like Octo Mom and get 8 babies for free while unemployed, no I have to pay 40K plus for just one.  You just gotta cry out and there's probably a program out there for you.  I know I come accross like a hard a@@ but these are just my thoughts on this matter.

I have never once excluded Ron from this, I just don't give the mother a free pass either.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1173 on: February 24, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »

Ron is definatly the # 1 candidate for this.  So many options for why, where, how, this list is endless.  Between him and Misty anybodies guess could work.  From Accidental Shooting w/gun to abuse.  I just pray it is a dumb SO who is keeping her alive and will eventually let her go, thinking about the alternative is to depressing for me.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1174 on: February 24, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »

This is interesting, wasn't Jr. b-day last weekend?  Does this mean they have known this story about the man dressed in black since last weekend?  Why would they keep that quiet for a wk?

Investigators are following up a lead provided by the brother of a missing 5-year-old Putnam County girl that a man came into the room where she was sleeping and took her.

Putnam County sheriff’s Capt. Dick Schauland confirmed that officers had received the lead but didn’t provide any details except that the boy gave the report to members of a child protection team. Ronald Cummings Jr., was 3 when he was interviewed the week Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings was reported missing from her Satsuma home.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090224/ARTICLES/902240952/1002?Title=Haleigh-s-brother-Man-took-her-from-bedroom

I'm really beginning to believe they either have no freaking clue or they already do have someone in mind and it's just a matter of time now: again w/out a body.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1175 on: February 24, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »

\

This is from the 2005 custody hearing, so I believe it's referring to where Ron was living at the time.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1176 on: February 24, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »

Crystal claiming things against Ron to a reporter or NG etc which cannot be proved, does seem like a bitter ex talking.  However, for her father to have signed an affadavit claiming these things and more, makes it all seem more likely that it all did happen.  IMO anyway.     

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1177 on: February 24, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »

This is interesting, wasn't Jr. b-day last weekend?  Does this mean they have known this story about the man dressed in black since last weekend?  Why would they keep that quiet for a wk?

Investigators are following up a lead provided by the brother of a missing 5-year-old Putnam County girl that a man came into the room where she was sleeping and took her.

Putnam County sheriff’s Capt. Dick Schauland confirmed that officers had received the lead but didn’t provide any details except that the boy gave the report to members of a child protection team. Ronald Cummings Jr., was 3 when he was interviewed the week Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings was reported missing from her Satsuma home.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090224/ARTICLES/902240952/1002?Title=Haleigh-s-brother-Man-took-her-from-bedroom

I'm really beginning to believe they either have no freaking clue or they already do have someone in mind and it's just a matter of time now: again w/out a body.

From what was reported about it, they had some professionals who work with children talk with Ron Jr.  Maybe it took a week for all that to be worked out and LE to decide what Crystal and family could release to the public about it.  ???  Dunno. 

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1178 on: February 24, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »

http://crime.about.com/od/deathrow/ig/Florida-Death-Row-Inmates/Mark-Poole.htm

For those wondering how someone could go in and take her.. this case happened in my county...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1179 on: February 24, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »

An interesting comment over on InSessions, one that does have me thinking... if only!

"IMO, there is one way little Haleigh may still be alive and that is if some misguided soul took her out of that awful life and ran like the wind with her, in order to give her a good life."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.