March 19, 2024, 07:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320633 times)
supersleuth99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1360 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27:50 AM »

SATSUMA, FL -- With every day Haleigh Cummings is missing, her family begs for help.

"Whoever has Haleigh, please take her to a place where we can find her," Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother said through tears Tuesday.

Before the five-year-old disappeared from her Satsuma home February 10th, there was tension building between her parents.

Court documents show Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.

A motion was filed by the state's Department of Revenue on Ronald Cummings' behalf against Sheffield for contempt. It was dated February 3rd, a week before Haleigh disappeared.

A hearing was set for Sheffield for March 27.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, told first Coast News he received a copy of the document about the hearing the day before Haleigh vanished. Cummings appeared frustrated about the timing of the document's arrival and his daughter's disappearance.

Sheffield's mother, Marie Griffis, said her daughter did not want to discuss the issue.

Griffis said her daughter recently stopped working when she was pregnant with her third child. She said a few months after the baby was born, Sheffield started looking for work has not found a job.

"With this economy, people cannot find a job. She's looked, even at Burger King and McDonald's and at other restaurants," Griffis explained. "People are just not quitting their jobs... and so she can't find a job. It's not that she doesn't want to pay child support, she just can't find a job to pay child support."

Last week, on February 16th, the state signed a dismissal document which cancelled the child support contempt of court hearing until Haleigh is found. The dismissal document was filed in the Putnam County Clerk of Courts office Tuesday.

Meanwhile the investigation continues into what happened to Haleigh. Five Putnam County Sheriff's detectives are assigned to the case.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1361 on: February 25, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »

Interesting. I am sure many people are thinking back and wondering if stuff they heard were normal noises or sounds that should have alerted them to trouble. I know that I got woke up by what I was sure was a gunshot night before last. never did figure out what it was but if something had happened that night I would be asking myself why I did not follow up.

I'm wondering if he meant he heard all the commotion when LE arrived, but I never realized how close the neighbor's house was which leads me back to my earlier question-if you woke up and realized a child was missing and the back door was wide opened why would you stay in the house after searching for HC, I'd grab Jr, run to the neighbors house and call 911 while begging them to help me search......I'd just be too afraid to stay there when you don't know where the perp is...........I've done it before when my daughter was 18 months old~my burglar alarm went off, I grabbed my gun, then my daughter, locked her room door and climbed out her window into the bushes and ran to a neighbors house and called 911 from there and waited for them to arrive and clear the house.......turns out the wind had blown an interior door from the garage open~I was embarrased but I'd still do things the exact same way if it happened today.

I didn't either....Good video to put things in prospective.....huh

Yes, just like everything else in this case~clear as mud

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1362 on: February 25, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »

Interesting. I am sure many people are thinking back and wondering if stuff they heard were normal noises or sounds that should have alerted them to trouble. I know that I got woke up by what I was sure was a gunshot night before last. never did figure out what it was but if something had happened that night I would be asking myself why I did not follow up.

I'm wondering if he meant he heard all the commotion when LE arrived, but I never realized how close the neighbor's house was which leads me back to my earlier question-if you woke up and realized a child was missing and the back door was wide opened why would you stay in the house after searching for HC, I'd grab Jr, run to the neighbors house and call 911 while begging them to help me search......I'd just be too afraid to stay there when you don't know where the perp is...........I've done it before when my daughter was 18 months old~my burglar alarm went off, I grabbed my gun, then my daughter, locked her room door and climbed out her window into the bushes and ran to a neighbors house and called 911 from there and waited for them to arrive and clear the house.......turns out the wind had blown an interior door from the garage open~I was embarrased but I'd still do things the exact same way if it happened today.

You mean by seeing that the houses(trailers) are so close together doesn't help you??   

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1363 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:13 AM »

You mean by seeing that the houses(trailers) are so close together doesn't help you??   

LOl~actually it raised even more questions, I had no idea they were that close.......hmmmm

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1364 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »

I woke up this morning with two questions. If Ron is 75% sure who took Haleigh, I'm going to assume maybe threats or other reasons why he feels that way. So Ron why didn't you leave the kids with your mother or other family members when you went to work, instead of Misty? Makes no sense to me. Also Ron's mother on NG is worried about Ron Jr and the person he described that took his sissy, that this person could harm the child because he could identify him. Fine, if this is true why isn't Ron Jr in protective custody instead of living with dad in that motor home? Doesn't add up, does not make sense to me.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1365 on: February 25, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »

I woke up this morning with two questions. If Ron is 75% sure who took Haleigh, I'm going to assume maybe threats or other reasons why he feels that way. So Ron why didn't you leave the kids with your mother or other family members when you went to work, instead of Misty? Makes no sense to me. Also Ron's mother on NG is worried about Ron Jr and the person he described that took his sissy, that this person could harm the child because he could identify him. Fine, if this is true why isn't Ron Jr in protective custody instead of living with dad in that motor home? Doesn't add up, does not make sense to me.

Going to throw this in the mix.....
This was re released, that Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.
I've not seen this person cry at all....
Wonder if she and her friends had anything to do with it.
That's a lot of money and why isn't she in jail for back payments?

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1366 on: February 25, 2009, 09:58:25 AM »

This was re released, that Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.

oops forgot link......

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132134&catid=3

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1367 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »

Interesting poll results:

WHO PLAYED A ROLE IN ABDUCTING HALEIGH?

VoteResults

RON & MISTY  21%
MISTY CROSLIN  18%
OTHER FAMILY MEMBER   17%
A NON FAMILY MEMBER  16%
NOT SURE  16%
RON CUMMINGS  8%

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1368 on: February 25, 2009, 10:03:42 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=132110&provider=top

OT I just want to say "Good Job Maryland"  my state tax dollars at work again!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1369 on: February 25, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »

That is a lot of money, but for me that would be really a very desperate action to kidnap one of your kids so not to have to pay. But people certainly do desperate actions all the time, I just don't know, I have my suspicions in all of this, I'm not leaning towards Crystal, but I guess I won't be surprised if it turns out that way.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1370 on: February 25, 2009, 10:08:03 AM »

That is a lot of money, but for me that would be really a very desperate action to kidnap one of your kids so not to have to pay. But people certainly do desperate actions all the time, I just don't know, I have my suspicions in all of this, I'm not leaning towards Crystal, but I guess I won't be surprised if it turns out that way.

Oh I'm sure if they are late on payments to Ron they are probably late on the other side as well, if Chad is already making payments?   That's child support for 4 children, Ouch.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: February 25, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »

May have already been posted:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132134&catid=3

Child Support Is an Issue between Haleigh's Parents
Posted By: Jessica Clark     Created: 2/24/2009 8:58:26 PM    Updated: 2/25/2009 8:54:08 AM

SATSUMA, FL -- With every day Haleigh Cummings is missing, her family begs for help.

"Whoever has Haleigh, please take her to a place where we can find her," Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother said through tears Tuesday.

Before the five-year-old disappeared from her Satsuma home February 10th, there was tension building between her parents.

Court documents show Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.

A motion was filed by the state's Department of Revenue on Ronald Cummings' behalf against Sheffield for contempt. It was dated February 3rd, a week before Haleigh disappeared.

A hearing was set for Sheffield for March 27.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, told first Coast News he received a copy of the document about the hearing the day before Haleigh vanished. Cummings appeared frustrated about the timing of the document's arrival and his daughter's disappearance.

Sheffield's mother, Marie Griffis, said her daughter did not want to discuss the issue.

Griffis said her daughter recently stopped working when she was pregnant with her third child. She said a few months after the baby was born, Sheffield started looking for work has not found a job.

"With this economy, people cannot find a job. She's looked, even at Burger King and McDonald's and at other restaurants," Griffis explained. "People are just not quitting their jobs... and so she can't find a job. It's not that she doesn't want to pay child support, she just can't find a job to pay child support."

Last week, on February 16th, the state signed a dismissal document which cancelled the child support contempt of court hearing until Haleigh is found. The dismissal document was filed in the Putnam County Clerk of Courts office Tuesday.

Meanwhile the investigation continues into what happened to Haleigh. Five Putnam County Sheriff's detectives are assigned to the case.

If you know anything that could help find Haleigh, call 1-877-277-TIPS.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

Child support for 4 kids, and then the cost of their child together Chloe. Quite expensive.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:39 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/default.aspx

New Video of Ron at the bottom  it's at the end of the scroll bar, he's in the blue striped shirt we saw him in the first day, but w/blue hat on also.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18786578/detail.html

Tip Leads Detectives To St. Johns Co. In Search For Haleigh
Search For Missing 5-Year-Old Continues

POSTED: Tuesday, February 24, 2009
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EST February 24, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- A tip about a possible Haleigh Cummings sighting led investigators to St. Augustine on Tuesday -- day 15 in the search for the missing 5-year-old girl.

For more than two weeks, detectives have been pouring over the hundreds of leads they've received about Haleigh's disappearance.

On Tuesday morning, officers searched an area in St. Augustine near some railroad tracks around state Road 16 and U.S. Highway 1 after someone called to say he or she saw a man walking with a girl who fit Haleigh's description.

Police eventually located a man in the area who was walking his daughter to school. Still, there was no sign of Haleigh.

Other tips of possible sightings of the missing girl have led investigators on searches as far as Tennessee, where officers searched after receiving a lead that Haleigh was seen getting into a vehicle outside a restaurant. However, like many others, that turned out to be a false lead.

Nonetheless, the responses in both cases show how quickly authorities have been moving when they receive tips about Haleigh.

"They've all been checked, and we've been notified of them. So far, they've all been false sightings, but by all means if people see something they think might be it, they should call and it will be checked wherever they are by the local authorities. You never know when the right one is going to come in," said Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

"Nobody knows what that one is either, you know? They have to look at everything that comes in," said Haleigh's great-grandmother, Annett Sykes.

Haleigh's family said it believes police have been doing their best to find the missing 5-year-old, and they realize a simple tip from the public could be the key.

Another thing the family discussed on Tuesday was information released by Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, saying the girl's younger brother said he saw a man in black take his sister.

"All he said was, 'I want to find my sissy.' He said something about somebody in black took her. I don’t know if it's true," Sheffield said.

"I don’t know nothing about that. I think that those questions are questions that you should discuss with detectives," said Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

Cummings' mother said she feels the same way, and she also said Sheffield's comment will not help police and could hurt her other grandchild.

"Obviously, everybody talked to Junior when this happened. Police and law enforcement are doing their job. For somebody to go out and say that, to me you might have endangered the life of another one of my grandchildren," said Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves.

Police said they would not comment on what was discussed with Haleigh's brother. However, they ask the public to continue to call in any tips because their main focus is finding Haleigh.

Haleigh is described as having blond hair and brown eyes, is 3 feet tall and weighs 39 pounds. She was last seen in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma on Feb. 9.

The reward for information regarding Haleigh's whereabouts and/or the conviction of the perpetrator of any crimes stands at $25,500.

Anyone with information about Haleigh's disappearance should call 888-277-TIPS or the FDLE's Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse at 888-FL-MISSING.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1375 on: February 25, 2009, 10:15:30 AM »

5 children, I don't know where his marriage stands w/this woman, but it's clearly gives me motive and is interesting.  Why Haleigh?  Cause she is the expensive one, Turner Syndrome, is my assumption for any of them over the other children, probably nothing at all, but that would be motive to me.  I'm leaning towards they are all innocent and an unknown did it or Misty.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »

Sooooooo.... you are behind in your child support payments, fiance is already paying child support supposedly, probably behind in his as well, soooo....you create another child that you can't  afford? No job now....makes perfect sense to me... ::MonkeyNoNo::what the hell ....I wanted more kids than 2 but knew I couldn't afford them
do any of these people get financial aid from the state?

One more thing, does anyone remember when the little boy from Las Vegas I think...was taken from his home because his grand father owed a lot of money to drug dealers? Thank God they let him go after a few weeks....
Perhaps if Ron is an informant, someone took Haleigh for pay back  and will let her go..?
Or Misty or the bio mom owed someone money? retribution?
Hopefully we will get some answers TODAY and she will be found!

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: February 25, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/category/florida/

I want to put atleast one gun issue to bed. 

Ronald Cummings denies that claim, although authorities did later recover a gun that was found in a ditch.

Ok, now I'm very sure that if Ronald had other guns in that house LE has already bagged and tagged them, so I would say it's safe to assume any guns in house are taken care of and as the house has been in LE's hands since day one he can no longer get at his guns for retribution.  Oh my!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1378 on: February 25, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/columnists/mark_woods/2009-02-25/story/geraldo_faces_his_nightmare

Geraldo faces his nightmare
Story updated at 6:58 AM on Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2009

It's hard to pick a single favorite Geraldo moment.

I'm sure some of you will point to Al Capone's empty vault or the diagram in the Iraq sand. And it's always tempting to go with the show on plastic surgery where Geraldo had fat sucked from his buttocks implanted in his forehead.

But if forced to choose one defining Geraldo Rivera moment, I think I'll go back to the 1990s and a confrontation at a rally with a neo-Nazi named John R. McLaughlin.

I dug up a New York Times story about it. In theory, the goal of the show was to illustrate the absurdity of the rallying skinheads and KKK members. Geraldo accomplishes this by wandering through the crowd, delivering quips like, "Neat outfits you have on." There is (surprise) a confrontation (huge surprise) in which Geraldo punches McLaughlin and ends up getting arrested.

When Geraldo tells viewers about this later - describing blood and sweat dripping down his face - he looks into the camera and deadpans a line that, if delivered by Stephen Colbert today, would be comedy. Only in this case, the guy delivering it was serious.

"A professional nightmare had come true. I had become a part of the story."

Geraldo becoming a part of the story? That's like Madonna making an album that turns controversial. (Actually, that's not fair to Madonna. She likely would admit controversy was part of the plan from the start.)

In his long career, Geraldo has done good stories, important stories. But whatever the story, from war to hurricanes, The Story inevitably seems to be Geraldo.

So was anyone surprised that when Geraldo came to Putnam County, the focus of the Haleigh Cummings story shifted from a missing 5-year-old girl to an omnipresent 65-year-old TV journalist?

You've probably seen the video of Geraldo interviewing Haleigh's father outside the family's trailer. I purposefully describe it that way - Geraldo interviewing Ronald Cummings - because, of course, the video isn't just of Cummings. It is as much about Geraldo asking the questions as it is about Cummings responding to them. And it illustrates that Geraldo came to Florida and accomplished something as difficult as making skinheads look absurd.

He went to a divided, dysfunctional family, two weeks into its own nightmare, and got people to point fingers, hurl accusations and eventually call the police.

Bravo.

Beyond the questions about interview style, there are more significant ones. Like whether some of the allegations tossed out to a national television audience are even true. And whether any of this was relevant to Haleigh's disappearance. Or if it just made for good TV and further fueled message board judges and juries.

Some have defended Geraldo, saying he was getting to the bottom of the story. I'd put it a little differently.

I'd say he got in the middle of the story.

Yes, somehow it happened again. Geraldo's professional nightmare came true.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: February 25, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »

Although I've not found one actual news report saying LE found this gun in a ditch....still looking.  I do think it's safe to assume they have the rest.  With all his hunting violations he's probably got more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.