March 19, 2024, 12:41:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320542 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1380 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »

good article Klaas...

Fatcat....did I miss a comment about Ron's guns and retribution? thought that I had read every post here...humor me and let me see what you are talking about in regards to the guns...

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1381 on: February 25, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=375142511&albumID=77694&imageID=297932

Did you guys see the post left by Misty under Amber's pic w/her baby?  Sorry if repost, I saw the one on her front page, but not the other. 

Ring on Marriage finger - I pointed this out before, but maybe this is why Ron is not paying child support if this is his child?  Does child support stop if you get remarried or is that just some states or adoption of the child?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1382 on: February 25, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »

in our state child support does not stop upon a remarriage...I would think that ron would still be responsible for support of Amber's child even if she is married...?
Do we know for sure that ron is not paying support? Is her husband's name on the birth certificate or is ron's? Perhaps if hubby's name is on there, until paternity is proven, no support is ordered? dunno....just asking

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1383 on: February 25, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

good article Klaas...

Fatcat....did I miss a comment about Ron's guns and retribution? thought that I had read every post here...humor me and let me see what you are talking about in regards to the guns...

To the police here in the police report and in the 911 call:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4552.0
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1384 on: February 25, 2009, 10:40:47 AM »

in our state child support does not stop upon a remarriage...I would think that ron would still be responsible for support of Amber's child even if she is married...?
Do we know for sure that ron is not paying support? Is her husband's name on the birth certificate or is ron's? Perhaps if hubby's name is on there, until paternity is proven, no support is ordered? dunno....just asking

I no nothing about child support, merely speculation, and I think from his stand on all these misc. children he has the right attitude let the mothers bring the court order and prove he's the father, he's probably the only one around w/a job!?!  The extent of my knowledge on child support is from 2.5 men show and now my bro is seeking divorce and wants to give 1400.00 a month for my nephew and my SIL thinks that is not enough!?!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1385 on: February 25, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »

I'm so disgusted reading the 54 page custody re-hearing........I guess I shouldn't be surpried by anything anymore, but the judge ask Crystal if she has used drugs......she admitted that she did use cocaine inthe past, then he ask Ron.....

Magistrate: Well, today's our hearing, but you're testifying that you've not used any drugs, and.......

Mr. Cummings: No sir...

When Misty tried to present evidence about the drug allegation regarding Ron driving the kids around under the influence of drugs, he wouldn't accept it because it was heresay.......BUT, this is a direct quote from Ron regarding her cocaine issue "Well, it was said that she had a bad cocaine habit. I had been gone a month to Texas---well, for 18 days, so I wasn't sure and I kept the kids from her.

So, that's was admissable and she was honest, her's was not and he was NOT honest by any stretch of the imagination........so, hell-she'd have been better off lyinmg like he did

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1386 on: February 25, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »

Sooooooo.... you are behind in your child support payments, fiance is already paying child support supposedly, probably behind in his as well, soooo....you create another child that you can't  afford? No job now....makes perfect sense to me... ::MonkeyNoNo::what the hell ....I wanted more kids than 2 but knew I couldn't afford them
do any of these people get financial aid from the state?

One more thing, does anyone remember when the little boy from Las Vegas I think...was taken from his home because his grand father owed a lot of money to drug dealers? Thank God they let him go after a few weeks....
Perhaps if Ron is an informant, someone took Haleigh for pay back  and will let her go..?
Or Misty or the bio mom owed someone money? retribution?
Hopefully we will get some answers TODAY and she will be found!

Cookie I remember this case and we can always hope!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1387 on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »

I'm so disgusted reading the 54 page custody re-hearing........I guess I shouldn't be surpried by anything anymore, but the judge ask Crystal if she has used drugs......she admitted that she did use cocaine inthe past, then he ask Ron.....

Magistrate: Well, today's our hearing, but you're testifying that you've not used any drugs, and.......

When Misty tried to present evidence about the drug allegation regarding Ron driving the kids around under the influence of drugs, he wouldn't accept it because it was heresay.......BUT, this is a direct quote from Ron regarding her cocaine issue "Well, it was said that she had a bad cocaine habit. I had been gone a month to Texas---well, for 18 days, so I wasn't sure and I kept the kids from her.

So, that's was admissable and she was honest, her's was not and he was NOT honest by any stretch of the imagination........so, hell-she'd have been better off lyinmg like he did

Island,  I agree something is up w/ the way Ron was treated vs Crystal I would love to see records on her to kind of give us a reason why?  But she appears to have not had representation in the custody case IIRC it says something about defense being assigned to her?  And I assume Ron did (get lawyered up)in criminal cases as well as custody?  With his mom working for the Sheriffs office she knows you don't go to court w/out a lawyer. In my state for criminal offenses if you go w/out lawyer you are Fooked!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1388 on: February 25, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »

Yes, she would have been better off lying. Following cases, and you know with the Anthonys, it doesn't matter if you lie, there seems to be no consequences, so why not lie? I'm beyond frustrated with all of this.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1389 on: February 25, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »

Island,  I agree something is up w/ the way Ron was treated vs Crystal I would love to see records on her to kind of give us a reason why?  But she appears to have not had representation in the custody case IIRC it says something about defense being assigned to her?  And I assume Ron did (get lawyered up)in criminal cases as well as custody?  With his mom working for the Sheriffs office she knows you don't go to court w/out a lawyer. In my state for criminal offenses if you go w/out lawyer you are Fooked!

And to further go into this...Your testifying that you've not used drugs?  Well no not today could be the response to this.  Refute that one, your honor?! 

Also in Geraldo confrontation Ron states "I do not do drugs"  Not "I have not done drugs" or saying that I have past drug usage law problems well only if I was convicted of past drug usage problems, which I'd say according to his record he was not?  So to me he could be stating the truth to both of those issues, sad but true. People who play around w/law know it's all in how you say the words.  Not fair, but true to the best of my knowledge.  I mean w/could go on forever w/ how one states something, but really does not.   I hate law and lawyers sometimes.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1390 on: February 25, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »

I woke up this morning with two questions. If Ron is 75% sure who took Haleigh, I'm going to assume maybe threats or other reasons why he feels that way. So Ron why didn't you leave the kids with your mother or other family members when you went to work, instead of Misty? Makes no sense to me. Also Ron's mother on NG is worried about Ron Jr and the person he described that took his sissy, that this person could harm the child because he could identify him. Fine, if this is true why isn't Ron Jr in protective custody instead of living with dad in that motor home? Doesn't add up, does not make sense to me.

Going to throw this in the mix.....
This was re released, that Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.
I've not seen this person cry at all....
Wonder if she and her friends had anything to do with it.
That's a lot of money and why isn't she in jail for back payments?

I have, maybe she doesn't on tv...but here ya go~she looks sad to me

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1391 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:24 AM »

Also to go back to this one again, Ron would be subject to random drug tests for the work that he does...Perhaps in different times in his life, he has done drugs but is clean now...have to give him that benefit of the doubt...
agree with Fatcat that at the time asked, he may have been telling the truth...no one would want to be on national tv with your child missing and have to admit to the whole world that you may or may not have taken drugs...Can Geraldo or others honestly say that they have never dabbled? would anyone want that confrontation when your child is missing...words fail me in regards to Geraldo sometimes...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1392 on: February 25, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »

WhenCrystal tried to present evidence about the drug allegation regarding Ron driving the kids around under the influence of drugs, he wouldn't accept it because it was heresay.......BUT, this is a direct quote from Ron regarding her cocaine issue "Well, it was said that she had a bad cocaine habit. I had been gone a month to Texas---well, for 18 days, so I wasn't sure and I kept the kids from her.

WTH??? My mind is mush, sorry fot the edit.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1393 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

I've searched 8 counites for any records on her and only came up with the two I stated earlier .....no, she had no legal representation and the judge admitted at the beginning of the re-hearing that her adress where the original court case hearing being incorrect HAD MERIT, and that is why they were re-hearing the case.

Fooked is right......in my custody case, I'd have never shown up without a lawyer, in fact I conflicted out the top 8 best divorce atty's in town...but, maybe she couldn't afford one. Who knows, it's all so sad - I feel for all the kids brought into these dysfunction families....it is almost like they don't stand a chance

[
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1394 on: February 25, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/columnists/mark_woods/2009-02-25/story/geraldo_faces_his_nightmare

Geraldo faces his nightmare
Story updated at 6:58 AM on Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2009

It's hard to pick a single favorite Geraldo moment.

I'm sure some of you will point to Al Capone's empty vault or the diagram in the Iraq sand. And it's always tempting to go with the show on plastic surgery where Geraldo had fat sucked from his buttocks implanted in his forehead.

But if forced to choose one defining Geraldo Rivera moment, I think I'll go back to the 1990s and a confrontation at a rally with a neo-Nazi named John R. McLaughlin.

I dug up a New York Times story about it. In theory, the goal of the show was to illustrate the absurdity of the rallying skinheads and KKK members. Geraldo accomplishes this by wandering through the crowd, delivering quips like, "Neat outfits you have on." There is (surprise) a confrontation (huge surprise) in which Geraldo punches McLaughlin and ends up getting arrested.

When Geraldo tells viewers about this later - describing blood and sweat dripping down his face - he looks into the camera and deadpans a line that, if delivered by Stephen Colbert today, would be comedy. Only in this case, the guy delivering it was serious.

"A professional nightmare had come true. I had become a part of the story."

Geraldo becoming a part of the story? That's like Madonna making an album that turns controversial. (Actually, that's not fair to Madonna. She likely would admit controversy was part of the plan from the start.)

In his long career, Geraldo has done good stories, important stories. But whatever the story, from war to hurricanes, The Story inevitably seems to be Geraldo.

So was anyone surprised that when Geraldo came to Putnam County, the focus of the Haleigh Cummings story shifted from a missing 5-year-old girl to an omnipresent 65-year-old TV journalist?

You've probably seen the video of Geraldo interviewing Haleigh's father outside the family's trailer. I purposefully describe it that way - Geraldo interviewing Ronald Cummings - because, of course, the video isn't just of Cummings. It is as much about Geraldo asking the questions as it is about Cummings responding to them. And it illustrates that Geraldo came to Florida and accomplished something as difficult as making skinheads look absurd.

He went to a divided, dysfunctional family, two weeks into its own nightmare, and got people to point fingers, hurl accusations and eventually call the police.

Bravo.

Beyond the questions about interview style, there are more significant ones. Like whether some of the allegations tossed out to a national television audience are even true. And whether any of this was relevant to Haleigh's disappearance. Or if it just made for good TV and further fueled message board judges and juries.

Some have defended Geraldo, saying he was getting to the bottom of the story. I'd put it a little differently.

I'd say he got in the middle of the story.

Yes, somehow it happened again. Geraldo's professional nightmare came true.

Therefore we can all call him a butt head and be correct.   

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1395 on: February 25, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »

And to further go into this...Your testifying that you've not used drugs?  Well no not today could be the response to this.  Refute that one, your honor?! 

Also in Geraldo confrontation Ron states "I do not do drugs"  Not "I have not done drugs" or saying that I have past drug usage law problems well only if I was convicted of past drug usage problems, which I'd say according to his record he was not?  So to me he could be stating the truth to both of those issues, sad but true. People who play around w/law know it's all in how you say the words.  Not fair, but true to the best of my knowledge.  I mean w/could go on forever w/ how one states something, but really does not.   I hate law and lawyers sometimes.

That's the d@mn truth, but this was DIRECTLY after his arrest in Sarasota county on multiple drug charges.

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1396 on: February 25, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »

quote:  Therefore we can all call him a butt head and be correct.   

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1397 on: February 25, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »

You know I've been thinking about this polygraph goes to Washington Issue and I think it is only because the FBI is involved....

Also in regards to Mark Klaas statements on polygraphs he first said they came out and told him he passed with flying colors is I believe his exact wording but it still had to be sent to Washington.

Now in the missing 14 y/o girl case ongoing right now in Escondido CA, she may not meet the age level requirement for FBI involvement that is why everyone in that case is clearly stating they have already passed the poly and no need to go to Washington?

So it may be ok to accept some of people in this case stating that they were told they passed??  IDK looking further into this Poly goes to Washington issue.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1398 on: February 25, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

You know I've been thinking about this polygraph goes to Washington Issue and I think it is only because the FBI is involved....

Also in regards to Mark Klaas statements on polygraphs he first said they came out and told him he passed with flying colors is I believe his exact wording but it still had to be sent to Washington.

Now in the missing 14 y/o girl case ongoing right now in Escondido CA, she may not meet the age level requirement for FBI involvement that is why everyone in that case is clearly stating they have already passed the poly and no need to go to Washington?

So it may be ok to accept some of people in this case stating that they were told they passed??  IDK looking further into this Poly goes to Washington issue.

Not exactly~I was paying special attn to his words:

Back to Marc Klaas, president and founder of Klaas Kids Foundation. Marc, when you took the polygraph when your daughter went missing, how many questions were you asked?

KLAAS: Well, actually, they told me the questions that they were going to ask me in advance. And if I remember correctly, they probably only asked me somewhere between about 10 and 20 questions. And at the conclusion of the polygraph -- and mind you, this was done by a very experienced FBI polygrapher. At the conclusion of the exam, one of the agents came in and said, Well, that went very well. And that basically is as close that anybody came to telling me that I had passed the exam.

Also, I posted here 2 days ago that polygraphs done by the FBI aren't OFFICIAL until cleared by Washington

another note from the show last night:

GRACE: Straight to T.J. Hart, news director with WSKY 97.3. Mr. Hart, all the family is telling me they have all taken and passed polygraphs, some of them multiple polygraphs. So why is it, T.J., that police, the lead investigator, says that nobody has been cleared?

T.J. HART, WSKY 97.3: That`s because the polygraph examinations are also sent elsewhere, too, and the results of those are never given, to my understanding, to the person who takes them. No one has been informed directly that they have passed or not passed. I don`t know why anyone would say that unless someone said, you know, We`re through here and it looks good...

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1399 on: February 25, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/columnists/mark_woods/2009-02-25/story/geraldo_faces_his_nightmare

Geraldo faces his nightmare
Story updated at 6:58 AM on Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2009

It's hard to pick a single favorite Geraldo moment.

I'm sure some of you will point to Al Capone's empty vault or the diagram in the Iraq sand. And it's always tempting to go with the show on plastic surgery where Geraldo had fat sucked from his buttocks implanted in his forehead.

But if forced to choose one defining Geraldo Rivera moment, I think I'll go back to the 1990s and a confrontation at a rally with a neo-Nazi named John R. McLaughlin.

I dug up a New York Times story about it. In theory, the goal of the show was to illustrate the absurdity of the rallying skinheads and KKK members. Geraldo accomplishes this by wandering through the crowd, delivering quips like, "Neat outfits you have on." There is (surprise) a confrontation (huge surprise) in which Geraldo punches McLaughlin and ends up getting arrested.

When Geraldo tells viewers about this later - describing blood and sweat dripping down his face - he looks into the camera and deadpans a line that, if delivered by Stephen Colbert today, would be comedy. Only in this case, the guy delivering it was serious.

"A professional nightmare had come true. I had become a part of the story."

Geraldo becoming a part of the story? That's like Madonna making an album that turns controversial. (Actually, that's not fair to Madonna. She likely would admit controversy was part of the plan from the start.)

In his long career, Geraldo has done good stories, important stories. But whatever the story, from war to hurricanes, The Story inevitably seems to be Geraldo.

So was anyone surprised that when Geraldo came to Putnam County, the focus of the Haleigh Cummings story shifted from a missing 5-year-old girl to an omnipresent 65-year-old TV journalist?

You've probably seen the video of Geraldo interviewing Haleigh's father outside the family's trailer. I purposefully describe it that way - Geraldo interviewing Ronald Cummings - because, of course, the video isn't just of Cummings. It is as much about Geraldo asking the questions as it is about Cummings responding to them. And it illustrates that Geraldo came to Florida and accomplished something as difficult as making skinheads look absurd.

He went to a divided, dysfunctional family, two weeks into its own nightmare, and got people to point fingers, hurl accusations and eventually call the police.

Bravo.

Beyond the questions about interview style, there are more significant ones. Like whether some of the allegations tossed out to a national television audience are even true. And whether any of this was relevant to Haleigh's disappearance. Or if it just made for good TV and further fueled message board judges and juries.

Some have defended Geraldo, saying he was getting to the bottom of the story. I'd put it a little differently.

I'd say he got in the middle of the story.

Yes, somehow it happened again. Geraldo's professional nightmare came true.

Therefore we can all call him a butt head and be correct.   

To me the only bright part of this video is an unperturbed Ronald Cummings continuing ahead to the camera and us and stating that he just wanted his daughter back!  Not that I am handing out awards to any of these people, but in my eyes he has been the most persistant w/getting the message out and trying to keep the focus on Haleigh in the media.  All the other past/new crime stuff should be kept between the family and the "Detectives".  However I do so enjoy sleuthing out all their business!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.