March 18, 2024, 10:37:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320526 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1780 on: February 26, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »

My point was that WHY WAS SHE GETTING PG AGAIN when she had other children to support? I know pg can be hard - I was off work for one of mine - but I also had my bills getting paid by my husband and no child support to pay. I always think it is irresponsible to get pg with another one when you can not pay for the first.

SO MUCH WORD to that.

But if asked I'll guess that she'd say that it was unplanned, which is not impossible; but there are some really effective birth control methods out there. Jus sayin.

And then we'd get into a whole prolife anti abortion thing, and I'm not sure we want to go down that road. But I hear what you're saying. A quick aside, I cant help but think of that uber annoying Elisabeth Hasselbeck of the infamous "View" show. IMO, she's not "pro life" so much as she's "pro birth." B/c after you're born, regardless of what terrible thing befalls you that's out of your control, tough noogs; you're on your own in her version of the world. But EH is not exactly known for her compassion.

personally, I am pro life but i do not think it matters in this case. Not only are there very good methods of BC out there but there is adoption. Also, if I recall correctly, the leading cause of pg is sex - and the safest way to avoid pg is sex. When you are not in the position of being able to support a kid and are not married, is sex a good idea? My thought is no. But then again I am a bit of a stick in the mud - just ask my 16 year old . .   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1781 on: February 26, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »

i see the cadaver dogs have been brought in for a search. i wonder how big of an area they cover and how many times they will expand it if they get no new viable leads.

this is just so depressing, i pray for a positive outcome.

I heard that a dozen more would be there tomorrow if nothing is found today...odd woding in that one....

It is very depressing and sad, such a beautiful child and so young....I pray for a good outcome, but prepare for the worst case scenario

youre right, we should definitely be prepared for the worst as much as we dont want to be. it sounds so odd to say im glad to hear they will be back with even more doggies(who do amazing work!) to be as thorough as possible.

i think we all just want her found no matter what.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1782 on: February 26, 2009, 03:18:17 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

Detectives Want DNA from Haleigh's Mother  eeekkk!
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1783 on: February 26, 2009, 03:19:11 PM »

Did I hear right, the cummings are still living in a tent?
I thought someone sent a trailer down (that I did see myself) for them to use.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1784 on: February 26, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »

My point was that WHY WAS SHE GETTING PG AGAIN when she had other children to support? I know pg can be hard - I was off work for one of mine - but I also had my bills getting paid by my husband and no child support to pay. I always think it is irresponsible to get pg with another one when you can not pay for the first.

SO MUCH WORD to that.

But if asked I'll guess that she'd say that it was unplanned, which is not impossible; but there are some really effective birth control methods out there. Jus sayin.

And then we'd get into a whole prolife anti abortion thing, and I'm not sure we want to go down that road. But I hear what you're saying. A quick aside, I cant help but think of that uber annoying Elisabeth Hasselbeck of the infamous "View" show. IMO, she's not "pro life" so much as she's "pro birth." B/c after you're born, regardless of what terrible thing befalls you that's out of your control, tough noogs; you're on your own in her version of the world. But EH is not exactly known for her compassion.

personally, I am pro life but i do not think it matters in this case. Not only are there very good methods of BC out there but there is adoption. Also, if I recall correctly, the leading cause of pg is sex - and the safest way to avoid pg is sex. When you are not in the position of being able to support a kid and are not married, is sex a good idea? My thought is no. But then again I am a bit of a stick in the mud - just ask my 16 year old . .  

But it's too much fun!!!  Too bad you have to wait till your older to really get that!! Darn where did my nice hot body go... and his beautiful muscles...waaaaaa!
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1785 on: February 26, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »

whoa, and they want it fast...theyre not waiting, theyre tracking her down!

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1786 on: February 26, 2009, 03:24:01 PM »

The family spoke briefly to the media Thursday afternoon. Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, expressed concern over the dwindling crowds of media. She also said Ronald Cummings and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, are still together as a couple.

interesting little tidbit, still together, sorry but I would of already had a big hoe down w/one or the other, but maybe they did?!?
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1787 on: February 26, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »

Island...Crystals mom is not exactly a model citizen either...none of these family members appear to have clean hands...And just because Crystal does not have a record, does not mean that she is not also involved with unsavory things, just that she didn't/hasn't gotten caught...

I see your point here. It's like they say that on average a typical (not all) SO offends for... what? something like 17 years (or some amazing amount of time) before he is caught.

But if we apply that logic to Crystal, it also applies to Ron and makes him look even worse.

I think the beef may be in part that.... she admitted it; he denied it; and that denial worked to a distinct advantage in how it all panned out. IOW if she had lied too she may have found herself with a better outcome from her end.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1788 on: February 26, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

Now that's interesting, I would have thought that all key players in the family would have already done this.  IM the astrology thread on Haleigh there is a lot about the SO in the area, I have to say I've not looked for a couple days, I'm so glad they explain their charts, because it is very difficult to understand, at least for me. There is also a Casey/Caylee thread, and other astrology threads as well.
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1789 on: February 26, 2009, 03:27:36 PM »

If Haleigh would have been in the river, wouldn't her body have surfaced by now? still, I suppose that would be the most logical place to put a body...

Keep the faith...still hoping and praying that she is alive...

I'm not familiar with the area and I hate to be morbid -- forgive me for asking and I hope it's not the case, but are there crocs in the river?

And yes, definitely, keep the faith...... still hoping and praying.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1790 on: February 26, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

whoa, and they want it fast...theyre not waiting, theyre tracking her down!

Wow, interesting, and if I skimmed the article right, Crystal is at the doctors.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1791 on: February 26, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »

On the other site, they are talking maybe lab results, phone records, etc has come back in ...  So they track down Crystal for DNA, take Misty off for further questioning and bring out 7 cadaver dogs, something is up that's for sure.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1792 on: February 26, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »

but Island, would you cut ron the same slack if he wasn't paying and didn't have a job? It is just as tough for a man out there to get a job...but kids still have to eat...I am sure that Crystal still eats right?
Chad has a job right? even $25 a week would help in buying groceries...at least make the effort to send something, even if it is $5 or buying some shoes or groceries for the kids...

Yes, I would.....especially now when we are in a recession headed towards even worse. I haven't seen whether or not he pays support to Amber, but if he's hurting bad now, I could cut him some slack. I don't get a dime, and I rely on myself because I have learned that my kids are too important to depend on anyone else even by court order~I step up to the plate and since my ex can't hold a job, I don't bother even wasting my time or effort because it is futile.

well, if we are going to look at it from the papers being received, Crystal, who owes the money and has no job, nor any way of paying this money,  would have also received her papers the day before Haleigh disappeared as well...that could be looked at suspiciously as well...more of a motive?
if this was reversed and Ron owed the money, would posters be more of a mind set that that is a reason or motive, since it is the man owing the money, not the woman? Or Chad not wanting to pay the money since the family is already strapped for cash?
I do not think any of these characters are involved with her disappearance...just throwing some junk out there....

You know I had this conversation w/another poster on here about it being a man vs woman thing, cause I sure get the impression sometimes.  I don't exclude Ron from this crime, but I will say time and time again he blows me away w/his actions in this whole case if he is the guilty party.  The whole family saga....Crystals & family whine, whine, whine.  Throw rocks and you know what they say about people in glass houses.  Now she leaves one dead beat supposed wife beater for another supposed dead beat child beater so go figure.  I have yet to hear the Cummings family come on and whine about the wonderful Sheffields and that leads me at times to see it as a bitch fest from Bio mom's side.  Which once again leaves me w/little sympathy for her.  And to have people constantly putting angel wings on her and her family just blows me away.  I never once thought Crystal was guilty of this crime even tho there's some issues and motive there that would lead one w/clear head to believe it.  And to totally disregard, Crystals momma's record of a drug house when Crystal was what 11, yeah, she had a well upbringing or any of the other numerous crime reports on her side to include Chad/Stepbrother new guy w/a order for child abuse yet dog every little tid bit of Ron and his family just bewilders me and leads me to believe that yeah some women really do think the man must be the bad guy regardless of the woman's past behavior.
I'm not saying it's not Ron, but damn we can't even look at this logically w/out getting defensive about little miss angel Crystal and her family drama.  Crystal is not at issue w/most.  Sorry for the Rant, Again on this Crystal vs Ronald issue that is never ending.

I've said before I've got wonderful men in my life, Daddy's, uncles, brothers, nephews, cuz's, etc. and to see some of the things picked out about Ron's behavior is just ridiculous to me.  And I see any number of Ron's emotions and actions in these men I know and I just don't find it all odd.

And see that right there....who cares about Amber?  If she has not come forward to get child support from him she's either ok or the paternity is in question, but who cares, do we know how many of these other characters have misc.  children?  Does Chad have 4 more that are going to jump out of the wood work to up his part in the motive game?  As it stands he has 2 and Crystal has 2 that's alot of pay out in my book.  Lets be fair is all I ask.

I agree fatcatlurker.  With what we have found out about Ron/family, Misty/family, and Crystal/family, am thinking that none of them have any room to talk about any other.  Plus the fact that all three of these families seem entwined with connecting cousins and/or marriage ties.  Nearly everyone (young and old alike) has a record of some sort as well, except the small children.  So knowing what we know at this point, the fact that the Cummings family and the Croslin family have not been throwing stones at the Sheffield family, somehow gives them each a bit more character, IMO. 

Listening to what the Sheffields have to say does concern me, yes.  Ron is no angel, yet neither is Crystal, but Ron isn't in front of every camera pointing that out, the way Crystal and family is doing.  Gets me to wondering.... Is what the Sheffields have to say.... true..... and this is the first chance they've had to let the world know?  Heck if I know! 

But I can still see the bigger picture, even tho it isn't pretty on any of the three sides.  Still trying to look at each of the players and decide who is being the more honest in the situation with Caylee.  It's very hard to do, because IMO, none of them have been entirely honest.  sigh. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1793 on: February 26, 2009, 03:32:24 PM »

If Haleigh would have been in the river, wouldn't her body have surfaced by now? still, I suppose that would be the most logical place to put a body...

Keep the faith...still hoping and praying that she is alive...

I'm not familiar with the area and I hate to be morbid -- forgive me for asking and I hope it's not the case, but are there crocs in the river?

And yes, definitely, keep the faith...... still hoping and praying.

Gators I saw one in the first pic I google of this river.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1794 on: February 26, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »

Island...Crystals mom is not exactly a model citizen either...none of these family members appear to have clean hands...And just because Crystal does not have a record, does not mean that she is not also involved with unsavory things, just that she didn't/hasn't gotten caught...

I see your point here. It's like they say that on average a typical (not all) SO offends for... what? something like 17 years (or some amazing amount of time) before he is caught.

But if we apply that logic to Crystal, it also applies to Ron and makes him look even worse.

I think the beef may be in part that.... she admitted it; he denied it; and that denial worked to a distinct advantage in how it all panned out. IOW if she had lied too she may have found herself with a better outcome from her end.

i think one can go back and forth between the two of them til the cows come home.

like,

hes in the media focusing on only haleigh and shes making news show appearances trashing him and disclosing stuff that needlessly puts one of her other young children in the media and public spotlight. why??

dollars to donuts, imo.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1795 on: February 26, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

I agree fatcatlurker.  With what we have found out about Ron/family, Misty/family, and Crystal/family, am thinking that none of them have any room to talk about any other.  Plus the fact that all three of these families seem entwined with connecting cousins and/or marriage ties.  Nearly everyone (young and old alike) has a record of some sort as well, except the small children.  So knowing what we know at this point, the fact that the Cummings family and the Croslin family have not been throwing stones at the Sheffield family, somehow gives them each a bit more character, IMO. 

Listening to what the Sheffields have to say does concern me, yes.  Ron is no angel, yet neither is Crystal, but Ron isn't in front of every camera pointing that out, the way Crystal and family is doing.  Gets me to wondering.... Is what the Sheffields have to say.... true..... and this is the first chance they've had to let the world know?  Heck if I know! 

But I can still see the bigger picture, even tho it isn't pretty on any of the three sides.  Still trying to look at each of the players and decide who is being the more honest in the situation with Caylee.  It's very hard to do, because IMO, none of them have been entirely honest.  sigh. 

Ermmmmm... I meant Haleigh!!   

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1796 on: February 26, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »

http://www.cbs12.com/news/search_4715036___article.html/dogs_police.html

Update: The search for Haleigh
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
February 26, 2009 - 1:43 PM
Marianne Wellendorf
As police use canine dogs to search for 5-year old Haleigh Cummings, new details slowly emerge in the quest to find her. Another search began Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. when several canine search teams were sent to the area surrounding the home of Haleigh. The search is being conducted to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for the missing girl.

Police said on Thursday that so far, this has been a routine search and the protocal they are using is similar to the road block they established a week after her disappearance. Cummings has been missing more than 2 weeks now.

Police said that in most cases, something is found within half a mile of crime scene on a second search.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Office called in the K9 South unit from Georgia to search and they did bring cadaver dogs. There are seven dogs searching today and 12 dogs plan to be used tomorrow in the search for little Haleigh. The dog handlers refused to speak to media or answer questions.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said that he continues to hope that Haleigh is found alive and in good health. Thursday's search is not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proved itself in other missing child cases.

That scares me to death, why all of the sudden and why look again with more dogs unless they know something

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1797 on: February 26, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »

Such nice neighbors did you guys see the vidio clip on the side of the article, the one guy said they've been in his place and searched all around it twice and he didn't mind at all. 

It also said the dogs did not hit on their trailer.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1798 on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »

http://www.cbs12.com/news/search_4715036___article.html/dogs_police.html

Update: The search for Haleigh
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
February 26, 2009 - 1:43 PM
Marianne Wellendorf
As police use canine dogs to search for 5-year old Haleigh Cummings, new details slowly emerge in the quest to find her. Another search began Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. when several canine search teams were sent to the area surrounding the home of Haleigh. The search is being conducted to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for the missing girl.

Police said on Thursday that so far, this has been a routine search and the protocal they are using is similar to the road block they established a week after her disappearance. Cummings has been missing more than 2 weeks now.

Police said that in most cases, something is found within half a mile of crime scene on a second search.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Office called in the K9 South unit from Georgia to search and they did bring cadaver dogs. There are seven dogs searching today and 12 dogs plan to be used tomorrow in the search for little Haleigh. The dog handlers refused to speak to media or answer questions.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said that he continues to hope that Haleigh is found alive and in good health. Thursday's search is not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proved itself in other missing child cases.

That scares me to death, why all of the sudden and why look again with more dogs unless they know something

yep, same here. and they want crystals dna asap, which makes me think for id purposes. what the hell is going on we dont know about?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1799 on: February 26, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »

So if we have cadaver dogs they must think close to home and in or around the trailer.  So Ron and Misty together, Misty alone or Ron alone?  Any takers?

Neither....
where is Misty lately anyway? not staying with ron anymore?

The last article I read she was still in the trailer w/Ron....interesting huh?

I didn't see this but have heard about it... Supposedly one of Misty's family came and got her, carrying a suitcase to the car, trying to get her into the car, while Misty was being asked questions by the media. 

Whether she has come back or not, dunno.  But if she isn't being seen on the cameras, my best guess is that she is staying with her family somewhere.  That would be my recommendation for her right now, for definite sure. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.