March 19, 2024, 04:25:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320584 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »

Camper that a woman donated the use of arrived yesterday for Ronald to use:

(no point other than that.)

Not much else to say today, unfortunately.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »

As for the new details, family members said Haleigh has two brown birth marks: the larger one is on her left cheekbone and a smaller one is on the right side of her face, just above the jaw.

Also, she has strawberry blond hair with hints of red in it, not just blond hair.

Family members said her fingers and toes are chubbier than those of other children her size and age, and her left eye is a "lazy eye."

<snipped>
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090221/ARTICLES/902211010/1002?Title=Haleigh-s-relatives-keep-story-in-forefront

Perhaps this is what some of us thought was a bruise or food?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »

HLN was just talking about the fact that she has turners syndrome (?) and that she needs to be treated for it...symptoms are fatigue, lung infections, sore throats among other things...Poor little mite...hope she is brought home at any moment...Praying for her....

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2009, 02:47:15 PM »

I wonder if Jr's comments about the man dressed all in black came out of the blue or was someone asking him about the incident? Didn't LE have someone talk to the little boy when this first happened? He was in the home at the time Haleigh went missing, if he was awake when this happened, why didn't he cry out or seek out Misty or his father before hand? I know he's just a little guy, but it sounds strange that he came up with this days later.

Hey, maybe the guy dressed all in black was Leonard Padilla   
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »

As I mentioned last night, FEMA has thousands of vacant trailers.  Can a Floridian Monkey call the local office and attempt to get her one?  Sounds to me like these folks are suffering a disaster, albeit a personal one.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Foggy
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »

As I mentioned last night, FEMA has thousands of vacant trailers.  Can a Floridian Monkey call the local office and attempt to get her one?  Sounds to me like these folks are suffering a disaster, albeit a personal one.

Foggy

brilliant idea! no brainer to me as well....

FloridaKatz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

Foggy

I'm a Floridian, and I'll call FEMA.  How many trailors do you think I should ask them to send ?

Also, as much as many of us don't like Geraldo, he is supposed to be having his show from Satsuma tonight.  He did a 10 minute snippet on the O'Reilly Factor last night, and says he has a photo of Haleigh that he got from the mom's side of the family, where it's a frontal shot, and her little face is covered with bruises, her bottom lip is busted, and that the father claims those injuries happened at her school, and that it's why she's missed so much school since the start of January (over 30 days).  I'm going to reserve my feelings for the dad's side of the family until I hear more about this photo.  Bill O'Reilly said they won't release the photo on Fox until the Fox Legal Team can confirm the photo and what's on it.

Praying for Natalee's return.............
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

Foggy

Agreed, but FEMA trailers are government trailers intended for natural disaster victims. I cannot imagine the red tape involved in getting one released for this circumstance.

Good idea, but I doubt it could be implemented.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »

agreed...the government would rather have the trailers sit than to help out someone who needs them, such as in this case...

OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »

I have been on the website for awhile now and haven't caught the presser. Did anyone else know about it or catch? There are no updates that it was held yet.
www.firstcoastnews.com

LIVE WEBCAST: 3:00 News Conference on Search for Haleigh
Posted By: Michelle Jacobs     Created: 6/14/2008 10:23:50 AM    Updated: 2/21/2009 2:45:23 PM
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »

Glad I copy and pasted the headline on the presser because now it is gone from the website and the latest video is last night at 5pm form what I see. The screen actually for almost 30 min was black and now when you go to the website it has old videos.

I am in Jax and have First Coast News channel on so if anything changes I will post. Right now regular programming. I would think if they canceled they would have posted it on the web.
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2009, 03:56:01 PM »

Foggy

I'm a Floridian, and I'll call FEMA.  How many trailors do you think I should ask them to send ?

Also, as much as many of us don't like Geraldo, he is supposed to be having his show from Satsuma tonight.  He did a 10 minute snippet on the O'Reilly Factor last night, and says he has a photo of Haleigh that he got from the mom's side of the family, where it's a frontal shot, and her little face is covered with bruises, her bottom lip is busted, and that the father claims those injuries happened at her school, and that it's why she's missed so much school since the start of January (over 30 days).  I'm going to reserve my feelings for the dad's side of the family until I hear more about this photo.  Bill O'Reilly said they won't release the photo on Fox until the Fox Legal Team can confirm the photo and what's on it.

Gee, I don't know how many since I'm not up on all the relatives.  I'm mainly concerned about Haleigh's mom and grandma since they are so far from home (iirc).  And to heck w/red tape.  Anyway, its worth a shot I think.  But maybe RC is being a gentleman and letting his ex and Grandma have the one that's been offered so far. Cool
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

Glad I copy and pasted the headline on the presser because now it is gone from the website and the latest video is last night at 5pm form what I see. The screen actually for almost 30 min was black and now when you go to the website it has old videos.

I am in Jax and have First Coast News channel on so if anything changes I will post. Right now regular programming. I would think if they canceled they would have posted it on the web.

I saw it......really some old stuff over and over. The only new item I found interesting was they have interviewed the cousin and he is NOT a suspect.......so, how come they can clear him and not Misty and RC, the pressers are so frustrating because they are incredibly vague. I wouldthink they would at least put any rumors that are unfounded to bed so as not to perpetuate speculation.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »

I saw it......really some old stuff over and over. The only new item I found interesting was they have interviewed the cousin and he is NOT a suspect.......so, how come they can clear him and not Misty and RC, the pressers are so frustrating because they are incredibly vague. I wouldthink they would at least put any rumors that are unfounded to bed so as not to perpetuate speculation.
Thanks for the info. I guess I was too late. Must be why they didn't update the website yet. Well that is weird to clear the cousin like that. I think everyone is a suspect until they figure out what really happened. I know the dad was at work from 6pm that evening so I would cancel him off first as long as work records check out. Other than that I think everyone else is a suspect. THhey are very tight lipped but I guess that is good in some ways. My daughter at first thought the sheriff was upset when giving pressers but I explained to her he just took over in Jan so he is probably wasn't expecting to give pressers everyday.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »

agreed...the government would rather have the trailers sit than to help out someone who needs them, such as in this case...

You'd think the Red Cross could help.

But since Ronald got the use of that trailer, only Crystal's family needs one now.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »

O/T.Klaas.NH thread.Thanx!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131873&catid=3

Volunteers Search around Haleigh's Home
Posted By: Talia Naquin     27 mins ago

SATSUMA, FL -- While investigators are taking the weekend off from searching for Haleigh Cummings, a small group of volunteers searched the area around the little girl's home today.

About 15 people spent the day walking through the wooded area near the little girl's mobile home.

In the meantime, Haleigh's family continues to wait for any information from law enforcement.

"It's a lot of family support. It's a lot of community support," says Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves. "It's all up to God - I know that he's keeping my baby safe out there somewhere."

When asked about Misty Croslin's cousin, "Joe" in Tennessee, Neves tolf First Coast News that she does't know him.

Croslin, the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, said earlier that she doesn't trust her cousin. He is beinf questioned by law enforcement officials and has a criminal record.

"If his cousin doesn't trust him - that doesn't makes me feel good," said Neves.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »

Thanks for the info. I guess I was too late. Must be why they didn't update the website yet. Well that is weird to clear the cousin like that. I think everyone is a suspect until they figure out what really happened. I know the dad was at work from 6pm that evening so I would cancel him off first as long as work records check out. Other than that I think everyone else is a suspect. THhey are very tight lipped but I guess that is good in some ways. My daughter at first thought the sheriff was upset when giving pressers but I explained to her he just took over in Jan so he is probably wasn't expecting to give pressers everyday.

Maybe they are giving him (cousin) enough rope to hang himself (or reveal where Haleigh is)?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2009, 05:48:04 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090221/ARTICLES/902210953/1002?Title=Cousin-in-Tennessee-not-a-suspect-in-Haleigh-s-disappearance

Cousin in Tennessee not a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer

Published: Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 5:26 p.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 5:26 p.m.

SATSUMA -- The search for Haleigh Cummings was scaled back Saturday, but investigators continued to run down leads in hoped that one will take them to the 5-year-old who family members say was last seen Feb. 9 in her home.

A few volunteers searched near the Satsuma home in which Haleigh lived with her father, Ronald Cummings, and his girlfriend, Misty Croslin. Putnam County Sheriff’s Capt. Dick Schauland said the department had no organized searches on Saturday.

Schauland added that a cousin of Croslin who lives in Tennessee but had recently visited the area is not a suspect or “person of interest” in the case.

“We got a lead about him early on and interviewed him. He is not a suspect,” Schauland said. “At the moment, we have no searches. We are following up on leads. The investigation is going on.”

Schauland added that no searches were planned for Sunday but added that could change depending on any leads that might come in.

A few individuals searched on their own, stopping by an area down the street from the Cummings home where members of Ronald Cummings’ family have gathered since the case began.

Members of the Christian Motorcycle Association based in Putnam County also stopped by to pray with family members for Haleigh’s return.

“We’re just here to lend support,” said member Barbara Rains. “We want to pray with them.”

Barbie Squires, Haleigh’s paternal great-grandmother, said the family plans to remain camped at the site as long as the property owner allows it or until Haleigh is found.

Squires said the ordeal is wearing on the family, including Haleigh’s 3-year-old brother Ronnie Jr., who was also in the house when family members say Haleigh disappeared.

“He’s not doing well at all. He realizes what’s going on,” Squires said. “Today he went

to his granny’s house and she gave him a soda. He was pouring it in a glass. She asked him why and he said he was pouring half of it for his sister.”

Cummings said he has not worked since Haleigh vanished. Squires said an account — the Haleigh Cummings Family Relief Fund — has been established at Bank of America.

A reward of up to $20,000 is being offered in the case. Anyone with information can call a tips line at 888-227-TIPS.

Croslin, 17, said she discovered Haleigh missing about 3 a.m. Feb. 9 when she awoke to use the bathroom. Haleigh had been sleeping on one of two beds in the master bedroom, Croslin said.

Schauland said in a press conference Saturday that 4,786 man hours have been spent by law enforcement on the ground, air and water searches, while sheriff’s investigators have spent 1,626 hours investigating leads. Volunteer search hours total more than 4,000. The number of leads is now up to 1,600.

“Some of the leads end up going nowhere, but you have to run them down,” Schauland said. “Somewhere along the line is going to be the tip that will lead us to her. Sooner or later we are going to find it.”

Contact Cindy Swirko at 374-5024 or at

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »

Maybe they are giving him (cousin) enough rope to hang himself (or reveal where Haleigh is)?

I am leaning towards believing them, if he were a suspect still I think they'd be saying everybody is a suspect.....also, I asked this question last night WHO saw this cousin???? Did RC see him, the neighbors or is he someone MC is throwing under the bus to take the suspicion off of her......after all RC's mom said the gun incident was 2 weeks ago and RC said it NEVER happened. I don't trust anything these 2 say unless I have heard it in an official cpacity. I justthink Misty has changed her story way too often and is reaching to take the spotlight off of her inconsistencies. I am still wavering to with RC, I just feel something odd about the entire situation and can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the 911 call, he states over and over "I was at work", and later I don't care if you record this......he knows very well it is being recorded and I want to know if he was at work the entire time (LE never answered that uestion), because in one of his interviews he stated he was there when Haliegh was put into bed. I can find the link if I need to.......just something isn't sitting well with me. I could be wrong, but those are my gut feelings.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.