March 18, 2024, 09:38:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320516 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1820 on: February 26, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »

If Haleigh would have been in the river, wouldn't her body have surfaced by now? still, I suppose that would be the most logical place to put a body...

Keep the faith...still hoping and praying that she is alive...

Well, one would think so, yes.  And yet, there was a cinderblock holding the screen door open.  It's possible that there was one or more cinderblocks available to weight a little body down.   

Am still praying tho that Haleigh is alive and well, perhaps just taken by a family member or friend of one of the families, because of a dispute etc. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1821 on: February 26, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »

I know a little bit about dogs from breeding them and the answer to both the questions above would be yes and yes.

LE likely used S&R dogs for the first search.

Now it would be logical to go back with cadaver dogs.

Sadly.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1822 on: February 26, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »

Well supposedly hln is showing a clip right now over and over briefly and they picked her up this morning from the trailer she and Ron are staying in?

Ronald and Crystal are not staying together. They have separate "camps." It was my understanding that Ronald is staying in the donated (loaned) travel trailer and Crystal was down the street in a tent.

I just posted a picture of the trailer, here is the tent that supposedly Crystal is staying in:

I was talking about Ron and Misty.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1823 on: February 26, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »

Well supposedly hln is showing a clip right now over and over briefly and they picked her up this morning from the trailer she and Ron are staying in?

Ronald and Crystal are not staying together. They have separate "camps." It was my understanding that Ronald is staying in the donated (loaned) travel trailer and Crystal was down the street in a tent.

I just posted a picture of the trailer, here is the tent that supposedly Crystal is staying in:

So sorry.

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1824 on: February 26, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »

Here's the DNA article:

Detectives Want DNA from Haleigh's Mother
Posted By: Gary Detman Posted By: Jackelyn Barnard     Created: 2/26/2009 9:22:37 AM    Updated: 2/26/2009 3:27:43 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- Investigators want a DNA sample from Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh Cummings, while cadaver dogs scour the woods and fields around the girl's home for any signs of the missing girl.

The five-year-old has been missing since she went to bed on the night of February 9th.

Late Thursday afternoon, detectives came looking for Sheffield, who had apparently gone to the doctor.

The detectives are trying to track her down after going to the wrong office. Investigators would not comment on what type of DNA sample they need, or why.

All morning, the cadaver dogs have been looking through and under a number of people's homes in Heleigh's neighborhood.

"They've been in my home," said neighbor James Batchelor. "They've torn it apart. All the buildings out there they've been in them twice."

The dogs are trained to specifically seek out human remains and are part of Canine South, a non-law-enforcement group specializing in canine searches.

"Today's search is not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases," said Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "This search is being conducted to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for Haleigh."

Ron Wirth, a former FBI agent who's been doing general analysis on the investigation as a representative of First Coast Crime Stoppers, says the move to get the DNA from Haleigh's mother may be about evidence.

"They may be seeking the biological mother's DNA to establish a basis for test comparisons on items that they have found, or will find, to positively identify or eliminate those items as evidence in this matter," said Wirth.

Wirth says the new search with cadaver dogs is also not unusual at this stage in the investigation.

"If a body began to deteriorate you might get some gasses that the dogs could hit on," said Wirth.

Thursday's ground search is the first major organized effort in some time.

Investigators have been chasing false leads across the First Coast and in Tennessee since shifting the search for Haleigh to more of an investigative approach in the case last week.

The family spoke briefly to the media Thursday afternoon. Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, expressed concern over the dwindling crowds of media. She also said Ronald Cummings and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, are still together as a couple.

The reward for information leading to Haleigh is up to $26,500. Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information. You will remain anonymous and could recieve a cash reward if your information leads to an arrest.

<sdnipped> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

I just remembered that Bio mom said she'd never been inside the house...the house that's still off limits and now they want mom's dna?  Hmm...

Foggy

And where I might add bio mom said she saw pot plants growing around and bricks of pot inside???  Yet she claims to have never been in it?  Go figure.  Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

As most know, I've been bugged about no access to house these weeks.  So natch I'm thinking some of the evidence in secured home might be tied to Bio mom, otherwise why the rush for dna now?  I'm really spooked now/fearing the worst. 

Foggy
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1825 on: February 26, 2009, 04:09:22 PM »

whoa, and they want it fast...theyre not waiting, theyre tracking her down!

Wow, interesting, and if I skimmed the article right, Crystal is at the doctors.

Here is the entire article.......something is definitly up!!! I pray that she's alive, but if htey want DNA, sound like they may have found something ..........they would need both parents DNA for a match, I pray I'm not getting too far ahead of what's going down, but it's looking bad.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1826 on: February 26, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »

Here's the DNA article:

Posted By: Gary Detman Posted By: Jackelyn Barnard     Created: 2/26/2009 9:22:37 AM    Updated: 2/26/2009 3:27:43 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- Investigators want a DNA sample from Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh Cummings, while cadaver dogs scour the woods and fields around the girl's home for any signs of the missing girl.

The five-year-old has been missing since she went to bed on the night of February 9th.

Late Thursday afternoon, detectives came looking for Sheffield, who had apparently gone to the doctor.

The detectives are trying to track her down after going to the wrong office. Investigators would not comment on what type of DNA sample they need, or why.

All morning, the cadaver dogs have been looking through and under a number of people's homes in Heleigh's neighborhood.

"They've been in my home," said neighbor James Batchelor. "They've torn it apart. All the buildings out there they've been in them twice."

The dogs are trained to specifically seek out human remains and are part of Canine South, a non-law-enforcement group specializing in canine searches.

"Today's search is not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases," said Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "This search is being conducted to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for Haleigh."

Ron Wirth, a former FBI agent who's been doing general analysis on the investigation as a representative of First Coast Crime Stoppers, says the move to get the DNA from Haleigh's mother may be about evidence.

"They may be seeking the biological mother's DNA to establish a basis for test comparisons on items that they have found, or will find, to positively identify or eliminate those items as evidence in this matter," said Wirth.

Wirth says the new search with cadaver dogs is also not unusual at this stage in the investigation.

"If a body began to deteriorate you might get some gasses that the dogs could hit on," said Wirth.

Investigators have been chasing false leads across the First Coast and in Tennessee since shifting the search for Haleigh to more of an investigative approach in the case last week.

The family spoke briefly to the media Thursday afternoon. Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, expressed concern over the dwindling crowds of media. She also said Ronald Cummings and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, are still together as a couple.

The reward for information leading to Haleigh is up to $26,500. Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information. You will remain anonymous and could recieve a cash reward if your information leads to an arrest.

<sdnipped> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

I just remembered that Bio mom said she'd never been inside the house...the house that's still off limits and now they want mom's dna?  Hmm...

Foggy

And where I might add bio mom said she saw pot plants growing around and bricks of pot inside???  Yet she claims to have never been in it?  Go figure.  Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

As most know, I've been bugged about no access to house these weeks.  So natch I'm thinking some of the evidence in secured home might be tied to Bio mom, otherwise why the rush for dna now?  I'm really spooked now/fearing the worst. 

Foggy

Do you mean mitochondrial DNA from bio mom, Foggy Dew? like for possible remains identifcation purposes?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1827 on: February 26, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »

Oh lo.. this is from like 4 pages back, but I can't find an edit feature and "boy howdy" the likes of me sure needs one. Side note (as a preface,) one witty poster said that she (he?) can't "type for beans." **snort** Well me too. But apparently I have it far worse in that I suffer from a severe homophone problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

I meant to type - and said in my head  - "close-KNIT," as in boound together by social and cultural ties. My fingers however, decided to type, "close nit," as in the egg or young of parasitic insects such as lice. (Or alternately,  "nit" as in "minor short coming.")

My apologies all. Altho if one wanted to get unduly mean and snarky, the "nit" without the "k" could actually...... no.... no.. I'm not gonna go there.     Anyway, spellcheck doesn't fix my problem b/c in this instance, oddly, I spelled the WRONG word correctly. BWAH!

[/rant] . .

Not to worry rana, you're in good company! 

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1828 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »

The detectives are trying to track her down after going to the wrong office. Investigators would not comment on what type of DNA sample they need, or why
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1829 on: February 26, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »

So sorry.

thank you for the pics brandi, youre always on top of stuff!

i think ron and jr are staying in the trailer, im not sure about misty.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1830 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

Wyks I agree I enjoy reading the forensic astrology threads on WS also, that's about all I like to read over there. It is always interesting, and this is coming from someone who knows nothing about astrology.

I didn't know anything about astrology either, until reading over there.  It used to look like a bunch of little symbols, couldn't make head nor tails out of a chart.  I like their explanations of what they've found in the charts, that helps us learn.   

I'd be curious as I'm clueless as to those charts myself.......what do they say they mean in regards to this case?

Well.. they've done a lot of hard work on this case, so can't really give a short and sweet answer explaining all that they've found.  They've done the charts on the main players, and on the RSO's in the area.  And the charts seem to indicate that it's very possible that Donald Lee Sapp had something to do with this.  All I can suggest is for you to go to WS Forensic Astrology Forum and read what they've found.  I don't want to bring their reports over in case I make a mistake and say something different than what they meant.  I will say that they do report their seriously bad findings to LE, which from what I understand, they've done in this case. 

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1831 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

Here's the DNA article:

Foggy

Foggy

Do you mean mitochondrial DNA from bio mom, Foggy Dew? like for possible remains identifcation purposes?

if they take a sample from crystal they will get the full profile. they then can compare found samples, depending on their size, by mitochondrial testing if they dont already have a full dna profile on haleigh.

i would think tho that her doc, or the hospital, given her illness, would already have blood work on file. so why wouldnt they use that as a comparison sample?

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1832 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

Island...Crystals mom is not exactly a model citizen either...none of these family members appear to have clean hands...And just because Crystal does not have a record, does not mean that she is not also involved with unsavory things, just that she didn't/hasn't gotten caught...
I agree with you cookie.. you have 2 families here, both with what seems to be nominal education, on the lower end of the salary scale who may have at times subsidized their incomes in illegal activities. There are still rough feelings on both sides, and they are tossing grenades and rather than put the kids first and their own feelings aside and are using this tragedy to try and marginalize the other parent.. the kids always suffer. Neither parent is a role model, but when all is said and done, my guess is Misty snuck out, left the door open and some freakin wierdo snuck in and took Haleigh.. IMO Misty didnt want to admit she wasnt there and the guilt and fear for her must be a terrible burden...

Hello!  You know what? I just had a thought while reading this post. Let's pretend Misty DID sneak out and go somewhere else, and perhaps there was a group of people there. What if while she's there someone in that group knows the situation, and knows the kids are home alone, hears Misty talking about how she slipped out and hopes the kids stay asleep, and how she PROPPED THE BACK DOOR OPEN SO SHE COULD GET BACK IN LATER...what if this someone slips out of the gathering, or just openly says hey I gotta go, see ya later...and goes there knowing no one but the kids are home, and takes Haleigh. It's very possible at LEAST one SO from the neighborhood may have been at the "party", and that would have been like having a smorgasbord laid out. And maybe that SO had even had his eye on Haleigh before the night in question. IMO it's a good possibility that this could have happened, and that Misty and/or others have also put this together but she's afraid to say so for obvious reasons. This has never crossed my mind before, but I think it's a very feasible possibility.

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1833 on: February 26, 2009, 04:31:32 PM »

Island...Crystals mom is not exactly a model citizen either...none of these family members appear to have clean hands...And just because Crystal does not have a record, does not mean that she is not also involved with unsavory things, just that she didn't/hasn't gotten caught...
I agree with you cookie.. you have 2 families here, both with what seems to be nominal education, on the lower end of the salary scale who may have at times subsidized their incomes in illegal activities. There are still rough feelings on both sides, and they are tossing grenades and rather than put the kids first and their own feelings aside and are using this tragedy to try and marginalize the other parent.. the kids always suffer. Neither parent is a role model, but when all is said and done, my guess is Misty snuck out, left the door open and some freakin wierdo snuck in and took Haleigh.. IMO Misty didnt want to admit she wasnt there and the guilt and fear for her must be a terrible burden...

Hello!  You know what? I just had a thought while reading this post. Let's pretend Misty DID sneak out and go somewhere else, and perhaps there was a group of people there. What if while she's there someone in that group knows the situation, and knows the kids are home alone, hears Misty talking about how she slipped out and hopes the kids stay asleep, and how she PROPPED THE BACK DOOR OPEN SO SHE COULD GET BACK IN LATER...what if this someone slips out of the gathering, or just openly says hey I gotta go, see ya later...and goes there knowing no one but the kids are home, and takes Haleigh. It's very possible at LEAST one SO from the neighborhood may have been at the "party", and that would have been like having a smorgasbord laid out. And maybe that SO had even had his eye on Haleigh before the night in question. IMO it's a good possibility that this could have happened, and that Misty and/or others have also put this together but she's afraid to say so for obvious reasons. This has never crossed my mind before, but I think it's a very feasible possibility.

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1834 on: February 26, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »

Here's the DNA article:

Foggy

Foggy

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1835 on: February 26, 2009, 04:35:17 PM »

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1836 on: February 26, 2009, 04:39:51 PM »

Back searching at the home.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/new...aspx?storyid=132277&catid=295

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1837 on: February 26, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »

http://www.cbs12.com/news/search_4715036___article.html/dogs_police.html

Update: The search for Haleigh
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
February 26, 2009 - 1:43 PM
Marianne Wellendorf
As police use canine dogs to search for 5-year old Haleigh Cummings, new details slowly emerge in the quest to find her. Another search began Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. when several canine search teams were sent to the area surrounding the home of Haleigh. The search is being conducted to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for the missing girl.

Police said on Thursday that so far, this has been a routine search and the protocal they are using is similar to the road block they established a week after her disappearance. Cummings has been missing more than 2 weeks now.

Police said that in most cases, something is found within half a mile of crime scene on a second search.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Office called in the K9 South unit from Georgia to search and they did bring cadaver dogs. There are seven dogs searching today and 12 dogs plan to be used tomorrow in the search for little Haleigh. The dog handlers refused to speak to media or answer questions.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said that he continues to hope that Haleigh is found alive and in good health. Thursday's search is not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proved itself in other missing child cases.

That scares me to death, why all of the sudden and why look again with more dogs unless they know something

yep, same here. and they want crystals dna asap, which makes me think for id purposes. what the hell is going on we dont know about?

That is my feeling too - reading the story my heart sank. I think if it was a routine collection they would just wait until she got back.

If it was routine, why didn't they collect the dna from the get go....?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1838 on: February 26, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

O/T but for WS members.  This is horrible if true, read the comments.  Just proves sometimes you just never know:

http://beaconhell.com/blog/?p=613&cpage=1#comment-11550
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1839 on: February 26, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

Search Moves Back to Haleigh's House
Posted By: Gary Detman Posted By: Jackelyn Barnard     Created: 2/26/2009 9:22:37 AM    Updated: 2/26/2009 4:32:51 PM
Recommend Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

SATSUMA, FL -- Investigators are back in the home where Haleigh Cummings was last seen. Her mother and father are watching as vehicles and search crews came back to the house.

It's not clear exactly what the crews are doing inside, but the search for evidence and DNA has been ramped up today.

Earlier Thursday, cadaver dogs were brought in to scour the woods and fields around the girl's home for any signs of the missing girl.

All morning, the dogs looked through and under a number of people's homes in Heleigh's neighborhood.

Also, investigators want a DNA sample from Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh Cummings, the five-year-old who has been missing for over two weeks.

Thursday afternoon, detectives came looking for Sheffield, who had apparently gone to the doctor.

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.