March 18, 2024, 08:08:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320509 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: February 22, 2009, 08:34:26 PM »

but we don't have any real proof that Ron did beat his wife or anyone else...no police reports, only someone else's word for it... someone who doesn't much like him...and might have an axe to grind with him cause of the custody battle going on?
I don't even want to think about him harming Haleigh...
still holding out hope that she will be found alive...

I don't know of any custody battle going on~but I believe he is an abuser and a drug user, sometimes they go hand in hand.....I think it's a credible jump IMO to assume he's an abuser, CS's father issued an affadavit stating these facts, and all these women seem petrified of him~hell, the the look in his eyes and his anger issues scare me.

I think that it was Crystals mother who mentioned the custody battle...that Ron doesn't always let Crystal talk to the kids etc...
It is hard to say if he is an abuser...I agree that he does seem to have some anger and a nasty mouth on him...will have to wait and see how it all plays out...
I do agree as well that some of his crying and his wording seem contrived and not sincere in some interviews and then more sincere in other interviews...Susan Smith I felt right away that she was guilty...with Ron I don't...he and Misty know more than they are saying I think...
Hopefully she will be found soon...and we will have the answers...

Also, does anyone know if the families are out looking for Haleigh? I think that if it were me, I would have to be knocking on doors and walking up and down streets just so that I would feel like I was doing something to find her...Just sitting there waiting would drive me crazy...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #581 on: February 22, 2009, 08:37:16 PM »

Rana and Islandmonkey, I'm on the same page as you are. Again I hope I'm wrong, and happy to say I am, but Ron is frightening to me and I don't believe anything he says.

I hate it, but I can't help the way I feel......and lying on nat'l tv about his drug use was just absurd, CS admitted it and I applaud her for that, don't pull that same old BS on me. It reminds me of Cindy Anthony "a lie is not a crime", well when a child is missing-it damn well should be.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #582 on: February 22, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »

Yes, Islandmonkey, and it strikes me as significant  - in some way - that we haven't heard from AC man, Misty's visiting brother, coworkers, the boss at Ron's job, etc. I mean, everyone, their great granny, Amanda the generic neighbor, Aunty with the thing on her head bless her heart, and Adam's house cat have been heard from and questioned on the tube, but we've not gotten not word one - that I know of -  from these people (AC man, brother etc) who could possibly vouch for and support Misty and Ron's version of the story. (Of course they'd have to choose one from a myriad of versions of the story to support or refute, but still...) It seems these (IMO) very relevant folks' statements have been conspicuously absent from the media-fest. Must be a reason. I realize that someone posted that AC was cleared but still it's odd to me that he hasn't been HEARD from. (especially if he's been cleared) Jus sayin.

Great point, that along with the trailer not being release PLUS the Sheriff stating for the media that he's calling this an "abduction", because you draw more attention and get more bang for the buck .............that leads me to wnder if he truly believes it WAS an abduction because if he did, why would he even make that statement????????

I don't find it odd AC man has not put himself in spotlight for his 15 minutes of fame. He was checked out he was cleared what does he know anyhow? Now what I would like to hear from is Mistys brother. What I really want to know is how big of a lunch break did RC get and was it in the middle of his shift ( 9PM). If he lives 17 miles from job site is that expressway travel ( 15 minutes) or town 25 minutes? What kind of work was he doing besides a crane operator? Could he have carried a body back with him and dumped it in a hole that was going to be filled that night? OT that is what is rumored to have happened to a woman around here...she is under a dept store

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that hypothesis......that she would be so easy to hide at a construction site, sadly I know of other cases where this has happened.

Ok so I go to PDM Bridge website just to get a sense of what exactly they or RC would do.
http://www.pdmbridge.com/index.cfm?event=DisplayContentPieceById&contentPieceId=448
beautiful bridges btw.... then it dawned on me as I see a crane on top of an unfinished bridge....BRIDGES GO OVER WATER  Am I the only one that was not thinking that?

I had tried not to go there, thinking that he had any direct involvemnt, but now I am worried that he could have. If a man will beat his wife, he will beat his kids~sadly, it happens every day (accidents from abuse or just plain homicide)

I know I have waivered myself on his involvement but from what I have seen and know about abusers he is a classic. Whats to say he didn't come home at 9PM for lunch got mad at Misty, Haleigh woke up and got in the way and he broke her neck or something on accident when he was trying to rage on misty...sadly it happens all the time I just don't know his initial reaction seemed contrived like a Susan Smith plea and then he makes those odd statements. I guess we will see, there has got to be a lot going on behind the scenes if LE hasn't given their home back to them yet.
Yes, and poor Misty seems scared whitless. She also seems to be trying to go by a script as someone mentioned. Especially in that infamous Greta interview where Ron GLARED at Misty and seemed to be controlling her answers. That was hard to watch frankly.

And Ron and Misty seem to KNOW she's dead. "I loved her like my own. (Misty - past tense and she had JUST gone missing.)

Ron: "I"d give my life to have my child's life back."

Ron: "I'm gonna keep believing that she's alive.. until they find her."

WTH? Keep believe she's alive until they find her? Why won't they find her alive, Ron?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #583 on: February 22, 2009, 08:40:41 PM »

Also, didn't one  of you monkeys say that LE had flatout "cleared" the cousin and the AC man? Conversely, have Misty and Ron been overtly and unequivocally "cleared"?

I did hear the cousin as NOT a suspect, and that the A/C guy was in the clear - but LE refuses to state the outcome of any polygraphs............so, that in addition to the trailer still being held leads me to believe RC and MC are at least POI's whether or not the LE will admit it or not.
They must be that is the only thing that makes any sense.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: February 22, 2009, 08:41:35 PM »

but we don't have any real proof that Ron did beat his wife or anyone else...no police reports, only someone else's word for it... someone who doesn't much like him...and might have an axe to grind with him cause of the custody battle going on?

I don't know of any custody battle going on~but I believe he is an abuser and a drug user, sometimes they go hand in hand.....I think it's a credible jump IMO to assume he's an abuser, CS's father issued an affadavit stating these facts, and all these women seem petrified of him~hell, the the look in his eyes and his anger issues scare me.

Did you see one of the original interviews of RC and Misty?  She was being asked questions and he put his hand over his mike that was attached to his shirt, and said, "look at the camera when you are talking!" she said "I am", and continued to look fleeting at the camera, and then down.  that is what raised my doubt of his control factor, even on camera. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »

Rana and Islandmonkey, I'm on the same page as you are. Again I hope I'm wrong, and happy to say I am, but Ron is frightening to me and I don't believe anything he says.

I hate it, but I can't help the way I feel......and lying on nat'l tv about his drug use was just absurd, CS admitted it and I applaud her for that, don't pull that same old BS on me. It reminds me of Cindy Anthony "a lie is not a crime", well when a child is missing-it damn well should be.
I know right? Great goddess on a cracker he seemed BAKED as he was talking about not using drugs. He was slurring his words and seemed incoherent. Granted that can surely be caused by fatigue and worry, but his arm long LE record speaks for itself and says to me that where there's smoke there's fire. Your mileage may vary.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »

Island...of course you can't help the way that you feel and what your gut tells you...none of us can...we just get a feeling about someone, just natural for that to happen....We have to trust our instincts...

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »

Did you see one of the original interviews of RC and Misty?  She was being asked questions and he put his hand over his mike that was attached to his shirt, and said, "look at the camera when you are talking!" she said "I am", and continued to look fleeting at the camera, and then down.  that is what raised my doubt of his control factor, even on camera. 
YES! That's the one among several that was chilling. He seemed to be coaching her on the answer about the beds as well. She looked mortified. Of course, I'd be mortified to speak on national TV running on no sleep, but she seemed directly scared of HIM in particular.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »

That interview was very telling to me, and I said the other day it seems Misty is following a script and she is having a hard time remembering it.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »

I think that it was Crystals mother who mentioned the custody battle...that Ron doesn't always let Crystal talk to the kids etc...
It is hard to say if he is an abuser...I agree that he does seem to have some anger and a nasty mouth on him...will have to wait and see how it all plays out...
I do agree as well that some of his crying and his wording seem contrived and not sincere in some interviews and then more sincere in other interviews...Susan Smith I felt right away that she was guilty...with Ron I don't...he and Misty know more than they are saying I think...
Hopefully she will be found soon...and we will have the answers...

Also, does anyone know if the families are out looking for Haleigh? I think that if it were me, I would have to be knocking on doors and walking up and down streets just so that I would feel like I was doing something to find her...Just sitting there waiting would drive me crazy...

See, I felt that way immediately after his first interveiw with his mom (the one where he goes from whining/crying and falling on the ground) to speaking sharp in an instant.....then I thought maybe he might not be directly involved, but now I'm leaning back towards him, and maybe he's using Misty to throw under the bus by giving her a convuluted story to call 911 etc., and I think when she can't keep her story straight, he contradicts her.......just my impression at the moment.

I heard there were some searchers out yesterday around the trailer, I agree I would feel helpless-but usually they don't allow direct family to search.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »

quote::::: Did you see one of the original interviews of RC and Misty?  She was being asked questions and he put his hand over his mike that was attached to his shirt, and said, "look at the camera when you are talking!" she said "I am", and continued to look fleeting at the camera, and then down.  that is what raised my doubt of his control factor, even on camera.

did not see that one, or if I did, I missed that part!

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »

Island...of course you can't help the way that you feel and what your gut tells you...none of us can...we just get a feeling about someone, just natural for that to happen....We have to trust our instincts...
I agree about trusting instincts and gut feelings. I also think many sensitive,  compassionate people pick up on subconscious things like micro-exoressions and little subtle clues. We may not realize why we feel something, but there's a reason -  like that tiny, fraction of a second expression, a tone, the meta-message, body language that screams this or that. It all adds up.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

Thanks cookie~I appreciate your understanding of everyone's opnions......O/T cookie was my hs nickname (no idea why though )

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »

quote::::: Did you see one of the original interviews of RC and Misty?  She was being asked questions and he put his hand over his mike that was attached to his shirt, and said, "look at the camera when you are talking!" she said "I am", and continued to look fleeting at the camera, and then down.  that is what raised my doubt of his control factor, even on camera.

did not see that one, or if I did, I missed that part!

IIRC, it was with GVS and she was asking tough questions, it was the one where Misty goes from saying the bed was 4 inches to Ron correcting her over and over and finally he says it was 4 feetin betwee the two beds.

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2009, 09:05:23 PM »

Island...thanks .... I did not see that interview  with GVS...I usually watch her too...
Funny that your nickname used to be Cookie....

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »

O/T...

Alot of women don't call the police when they have been abused over and over again. You tip

toe around trying to make everthing perfect everything is in place but guess what it will

never be perfect because they find something else.. Someone told me it will never be enough

because thats how they want it. Mind control.. They start out calling you names-Then they

start breaking shit up, cutting  phone line so you can't call anyone and you can't go to a

neighbors house you look a mess you have bruises and boy are you embarrest..

Thats right embarrest.. And again he would walk out of the house..Last but not least the

physcial abuse start.. Its funny in front of family and freinds he would treat me like gold until

we got into the car to go home..The neighbors know you through the public work you do in

the area so you keep it hush hush.. He would tell my kids your mother is nuts.. All the

breaking up stuff and physical abuse was during the day when the kids  were in school.. So I

got smart I started putting my commissions in a seperated bank account but he found my visa

card in my purse in the evening and h&ll broke through in front of the kids glass all over

breaking everything he could see and then went to go after me but my sons broke it up.

Thats when I finally called the police got a restraining order and finally got a divorce and

moved ..The things I could tell ya would make your head spin...
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »

Island...thanks .... I did not see that interview  with GVS...I usually watch her too...
Funny that your nickname used to be Cookie....

I always wanted to know why though.....it's not like I ate cookies all day, funny how you get pegged with a nic and it stays with you forever

[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »

Yes, Islandmonkey, and it strikes me as significant  - in some way - that we haven't heard from AC man, Misty's visiting brother, coworkers, the boss at Ron's job, etc. I mean, everyone, their great granny, Amanda the generic neighbor, Aunty with the thing on her head bless her heart, and Adam's house cat have been heard from and questioned on the tube, but we've not gotten not word one - that I know of -  from these people (AC man, brother etc) who could possibly vouch for and support Misty and Ron's version of the story. (Of course they'd have to choose one from a myriad of versions of the story to support or refute, but still...) It seems these (IMO) very relevant folks' statements have been conspicuously absent from the media-fest. Must be a reason. I realize that someone posted that AC was cleared but still it's odd to me that he hasn't been HEARD from. (especially if he's been cleared) Jus sayin.

Great point, that along with the trailer not being release PLUS the Sheriff stating for the media that he's calling this an "abduction", because you draw more attention and get more bang for the buck .............that leads me to wnder if he truly believes it WAS an abduction because if he did, why would he even make that statement????????

Good catch. That one got past me. But yeah, why even say that...... like that?

Curious-er and curious-er....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »

Jersey...you were very brave indeed!
Of course abuse is usually hidden....for fear that the abuse will be worse if you tell anyone. a police report is of course not always filed...

In the case of Ron and Crystal, my point is that it could have happened, maybe not...we don't know all the facts yet...
I still find it strange that a mom would leave the abuse herself but leave her children there with the abuser.. in this case Haleigh and Ronnie Jr.....who would protect them then if she is gone? Not judging her or anyone else in these situations, I just don't have any respect for her to leave little ones alone with him if she was that afraid of him...And also with the court case with custody..she didn't even show up at the court room from what I read/heard...Wouldn't the abuse of her been public record when trying to win the kids back with her?

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

I am glad to see I am not the only one who thinks Geraldo is B-rated show at best. Ever notice that he never gets clips in the right place and sound is always off. His technical crew stinks. Probably a family member. LE should really get on HIS case if he comes back.

About the spanking thing. In trying to be to up-front can sink your ship, that is for sure. You can bet Ron has been under the microscope since winning custody. Social services follows up and makes home visits and make reports. At least in NY they do. I am sure he took parent classes.

I have to tell you this. I spanked!! At about 10 my son told me to F myself. Without ANY thought at all I back-handed him across the lips hard. We do not speak that way and it threw me. I still feel guilty BUT....he has never spoke to me like that again. He is 27.
Wonder what Geraldo would say about that?

At the end and no rise from Ron, He pushes past Geraldo and gets to the camera and begins to beg for his child. This is very telling to me and I believe he does not know where she is and wants her home desperately.    Sorry Geraldo..He didn't snap and we all know that's what you wanted.

I'm not so sure about Florida.  Their child services have a poor history.  There was a huge scandal a few years ago about kids missing from the foster care system--lost completely, with nobody the wiser for years.

Or how bout this story..
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41493

I need a barf and hanky warning for stories like that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.