March 19, 2024, 05:09:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 320596 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #760 on: February 23, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »

Good Morning Everyone, Oh yeah, Good Afternoon! 

Maybe they are not clearing Misty and Ron because if it is a SO he may slip up, think hey the LE are looking at them so I don't need to worry so much.  Just a thought. 

Also LE held the Ramsey house forever it seemed as a crime scene, of course there was a body involved here.

I still have gotten no answers or speculation on Tapes/CD's that were seized from the home, does anyone know what these could be??? 
Yes, I was wondering about the tapes/CDs also. It seems we heard a mention of them and then nothing more. I wasn't even clear on whether it was video tape or answering machine tape  or what (Altho aren't answering machine "tapes" sort of obsolete now?) .

I have talk to some people who new drug users to use the lids of the cd's tape to snort the drugs also put the drugs in cd tapes in small plactic bags....
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #761 on: February 23, 2009, 01:58:30 PM »

Maybe they are not clearing Misty and Ron because if it is a SO he may slip up, think hey the LE are looking at them so I don't need to worry so much.  Just a thought. 

Also LE held the Ramsey house forever it seemed as a crime scene, of course there was a body involved here.

I still have gotten no answers or speculation on Tapes/CD's that were seized from the home, does anyone know what these could be??? 
Yes, I was wondering about the tapes/CDs also. It seems we heard a mention of them and then nothing more. I wasn't even clear on whether it was video tape or answering machine tape  or what (Altho aren't answering machine "tapes" sort of obsolete now?) .

I have talk to some people who new drug users to use the lids of the cd's tape to snort the drugs also put the drugs in cd tapes in small plactic bags....

I could ask my brother...

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #762 on: February 23, 2009, 01:59:35 PM »

Thanks for that info, never heard that before. I also think Ron is in the tent instead of his mother's house to make him look better in the public's eye, oh look he is staying close to the trailer, he is heartbroken. And maybe he is heartbroken I have no idea, just a thought I had about being in the tent, besides the obvious of not missing any activity that may be going on around the trailer or inside by LE.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: February 23, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »

I found this on the internet...

Teens usually don’t want their parents knowing that they’re into drugs – so they come up with some crafty places to conceal a bag of weed, a bottle of vodka or Ecstasy pills, etc. Here’s a short list of some possible hiding spots:
 Dresser drawers beneath or between clothes
 Desk drawers
 CD/DVD/Tape/Video cases
 Small boxes – jewelry, pencil, etc.
 Backpacks/duffle bags
 Under a bed
 In a plant, buried in the dirt
 In between books on a bookshelf
 Inside books with pages cut out
 Makeup cases – inside fake lipstick tubes or compacts
 Under a loose plank in floor boards
 Inside over-the-counter medicine containers(Tylenol, Advil, etc)
 Inside empty candy bags such as M&Ms or Skittles
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: February 23, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »

Dr Phil ...Check your child's vehicle after a Friday or Saturday night.
If they were smoking in their vehicle, you can usually smell a strange odor coming out of it. Check for small pieces of joints — green leaf-like particles or seeds on the floorboards or seats. Look for white pasty substances on CDs, CD cases, dashboards, pictures, or mirrors, that they might be doing drugs off of.
 site...
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #765 on: February 23, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »

See, I've listened to that tape over and over and it sounded to me like he was in the house yelling, not outside, now we know he was outside in the driveway when the LE arrived, but I don't recall hearing him outside, just in the house cursing the 911 operator and Misty.

I agree about making the 911 calls and the fat the body would have to be well hidden, but when you consider we don't really know when she was last seen, that could easily have already been accomplished. I disagree with you about Misty, she had no fear on the 911 call of anything other than Ron, she didn't really sound all that worried about Haleigh IMO, it's easy to say "why didn't they take me in an interview", but that's talk so I take it FWIW.

Yes, and why did Misty seem to jump to it is Haleigh that is missing and not Jr? or both? I'm thankful that Jr is safe, of course, but it's odd that she seemed to jump right to Haleigh. There are sick people who take little boys too and upon finding a door "wide open" in the night I would be in fear for both children and wonder... is the person still in the house? Is he gone, but coming back? OMG etc.... We didn't get that according to her account.

But to leave the door open? Seems odd to me... like it was left open b/c it was meant to be seen open. Couldn't they just tell police that it was found open and she was terrified so she closed and locked it? NO, in my opinoin, they wanted LE to SEE it "wide open."

Also, the lock is too high for the kids, right?  And Haleigh is afraid of the dark, so her wondering out by herself is unlikely to me; so upon  arriving on that scene in the home at night, it seems like "intruder" is the first likely thought to race thru the minds; Altho everyone is different. Unless Ron could be coming home and using that door; but they said that they "never" use that door except to carry out the vacuum for washing the car, not for routine coming and going.
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #766 on: February 23, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »

**snort** sorry I meant WANDERING out not wondering. Spell check doesn't catch all my goofs that are actiual words. 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #767 on: February 23, 2009, 02:18:29 PM »

I have tried to think what I would do if I woke up and found a child missing....

The door was propped open....I would be terrified....is the person still in my house....or has the person left and I need to secure the place again.  I could take Jr. and run to neighbors house.  Have neighbors call 911, call dad, help look for haleigh in the area.....or if I thought the house was safe....I would close and lock door, call 911, call dad, call my family...while watching over junior.  But....I would never leave door open and wait for dad to arrive from work....how do I know when he will be home....and how do I know what is happening to that child....

This is one of the most worrisome issues to me about that first night....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: February 23, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »

OT..
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/pharlap_9999/angel-wings-1-1.jpg

Sean Krause has passed away...
True Crime Community Mourns Loss of Writer Sean Krause

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/

I knew he was sick but I didn't realize how sick he was, may he RIP.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: February 23, 2009, 02:33:44 PM »

I have tried to think what I would do if I woke up and found a child missing....

The door was propped open....I would be terrified....is the person still in my house....or has the person left and I need to secure the place again.  I could take Jr. and run to neighbors house.  Have neighbors call 911, call dad, help look for haleigh in the area.....or if I thought the house was safe....I would close and lock door, call 911, call dad, call my family...while watching over junior.  But....I would never leave door open and wait for dad to arrive from work....how do I know when he will be home....and how do I know what is happening to that child....

Yes Mere, things just don't seem right.
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #770 on: February 23, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »

Nice job IM . May I also add something odd? At no time did Misty say she then when to check on Ronny Jr... wouldn't that only make sense?
Makes sense and should be number 15 on IM's list. .
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #771 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »

OT..
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/pharlap_9999/angel-wings-1-1.jpg

Sean Krause has passed away...
True Crime Community Mourns Loss of Writer Sean Krause

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/

I knew he was sick but I didn't realize how sick he was, may he RIP.

Gone too soon and he'll be missed. Bless his heart.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: February 23, 2009, 02:46:15 PM »

In regards to Misty's actions upon finding Haleigh missing, Remember when Kate McCann found that Madeleine was missing, she left the twins in the room and went yelling to the others that someone had taken Madeleine...she would not have known that the perp was still there and yet she left them alone...I think in fear and panic, the first impulse is to run for help?
I don't know why Misty did not call the police right away upon finding Haleigh missing and the door open...

Also, when there is a call for domestic abuse, does that always mean that there was physical attack? or could it be a threat?  I thought that I heard  on one of the cop shows...even if there is no apparent proof of abuse, someone has to get arrested when police investigate a call for domestic abuse...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #773 on: February 23, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

In regards to Misty's actions upon finding Haleigh missing, Remember when Kate McCann found that Madeleine was missing, she left the twins in the room and went yelling to the others that someone had taken Madeleine...she would not have known that the perp was still there and yet she left them alone...I think in fear and panic, the first impulse is to run for help?
I don't know why Misty did not call the police right away upon finding Haleigh missing and the door open...

Also, when there is a call for domestic abuse, does that always mean that there was physical attack? or could it be a threat?  I thought that I heard  on one of the cop shows...even if there is no apparent proof of abuse, someone has to get arrested when police investigate a call for domestic abuse...

I can address that one from personal experience....NO, I had to call the cops on my ex when I pizzed him off and I went to bed, he wanted me to stay up and fight some more with him, my daughter was at her dad's house so I went into her room and locked the door and put a chair under it, he rammed it his shoulder into it so hard it broke the chair and the lock, but when LE got there, they didn't arrest him, they just told me I needed to get a good divorce atty, and I did...........after conflicting all the others out

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »

True that; Things don't seem right.

When they finally did  call 911, the record shows that the call came in at 3:27 am - I believe it was - and the officers were dispatched at 3:28 am (even tho the actual call went on longer while waiting for officers to get there)  I can't help but think about those minutes that were lost and that those are some of the most important minutes in an abduction. They could have possibly been hot on a trail if she's indeed missing by abduction. I know Misty's "only 17," but that's so tragic that there was any delay. Those minutes keep going over and over in my head. Why wait? She's 17, not 10.

I know sometimes some people have unpleasant experiences with LE so they're reluctant or even afraid to call; But Ron denies all the problems reagarding illegal activity in the home, so I don't see why Misty would hesitate unless she was possibly concerned about the implications having to do with her age and the age difference b/w them; (b/w her and Ron, I mean) But that's clearly not the priority when a child is missing and possibly in danger. Or perhaps they or she felt they had to flush something, but with a child gone.... wow.... I just can't fathom that. That would be blatantly putting yourself before the child's welfare and maybe her life... in those precious first moments when a child is taken, if she was taken by an intruder.

As a longtime lurker, I've read many threads, almost all of this thread and most of the other one onn Haleigh and I do recall the subject of a Misty and the phone being discussed, but I can't recall the conclusion everyone here came to. 

Was it decided that she had a land line? or cell phone? Did she call Ron once just as he was "driving up to the house?" I need to search for a link b/c I also read somewhere that LE was checking on possible multiple calls made to Ron in those early hours, but it was unclear (to me) whether the calls were from Misty. I know they had cell phone pings and call logs up the wazoo for Casey Anthony, but that's something I've wondered a lot about in this case too.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »

Hey guys..I havent been on much lately..been in the hospital!!

But,I have been wanting to ask yall....what do you think of the way Hayleigh's bio mom threw the dad under the bus the other night on Geraldo?

I think she's beyond frustrated at the constant lies/inconsistencies, and if RC did tell Chad and Marcus he was 75% sure who had Haleigh and didn't tell LE due to his fear of exposure to his criminal activities~I'd not only throw him under the bus, I'd drive over him, bcak up and start again.

Lets' look at the inconsistencies

1) No one can remember where anyone was sleeping, this changes more than once

2) the pink shirt she was in was found in the dirty clothes basket, but earlier Misty said she was in jammies, then a pink shirt and tan shorts, then a pink shirt and undies.

3) the blanket clusterf@ck, too detailed to go into while I'm at work

4) Ron states two different times that her saw her last, once at 3:45 getting off the bus, and another around 10pm, he states he left Misty, Jr and Haleigh with all of them in bed under Misty's care

5) the bus stop.....Teresa (ron's mom) states that she got her off the bus, Ron states that he did

6) Who was at the house-Misty says brother, a/c man and nephews, then later adds cousin, grandma says she was there at 7pm that night so why doesn't Misty mention that was there that night

7)Ron's mom states there was a fight over the gun, RC states there was not

8)Ron states back door showed forced entry, LE states NO forced entry

9) Misty says Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom and then she states that she got up to go tot the bathroom and not Haleigh, then she is up getting a drink of water.

10)Ron states he's never even seen the cinder blocks, while LE states there are a stack of them int he back yard.

11) Misty changes her story from noticing the backdoor open and then realizing Haleigh is gone to realizing Haleigh is gone and then notices the back door open

12) she states she called 911 5 minutes after she noticed Haleigh missing, which should have been around 3:05 according to police report, but the call came in at 3:27 IIRc

13) Ron's work schedule was 3am -3pm, so why did he get Haleigh off the bus, was he late for work

14)Ron denies drug abuse, when he has clearly abused them and from some of the charges looks like he was a dealer..why lie about something anyone can find out.

There is more, but I'm at work and these are just from memory, so if you need the links later - I'll get them to you.

Great list.
BTW, nikkibnurse hope your recovering ok..........

Well, I tend to believe LE's statements and records before believing Ron.  I believe the father runs loose with the truth.  No wonder LE has not ruled anyone out yet.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »

yes, I here what you guys are saying about Junior, but from my perspective why would she mention Junior?  All we know is what she says on the 911 call and on this interview in regards to what took place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

If she saw Junior there and he was fine, why would she mention him in the 911 or in the interview; the missing child is Haleigh not Junior.  I guess I just see that part differently from some of you.  The focus of the call, the interview, and everything is Haleigh not Junior.

In regards to running and leaving the house, ok she says she woke up at 3 doesn't know the minutes just saw 3 on the clock, so we are merely speculating on the time she actually woke up, went towards the kitchen, saw kitchen light on back door open, went back to bedroom, saw Haleigh gone and probably w/out saying saw Junior in the bed than went and possibly checked other area's than called Ron, Ron in driveway yelling to call 911 and so on from there.

As to being terrified, I wouldn't be, my concern would be the missing child regardless of who was in the house, just as you guys are worrying about Junior's where abouts, I'd say the assumption was they knew where Junior was. There just are too many unknown's to read stuff into it at this point for me.

Maybe I work things backwards,  I do not add emotion to what I think in regards to the characters, just look at the case and what is said or done, actions taken by the people, than later add in the feelings of the characters.   Of course you see fear in all these people a 5 yr old child is missing, alledgedly taken from her bed in the middle of the night with the door left open in a locked home and you are in the spot light, under examination, talking to LE about every little thing you have done in your life, all under a microscope, stuff from your past, that you might be done with and have gone on.  Of course there is fear in everyone's eyes a little girl is gone no matter who did it, not all parties know what happened, maybe none of them do and they all have fear in their eyes,  so of course there is fear and screw ups a little girl is gone.  I would have already peed my pants, had a stomping crying jag, beat the crap out of jeraldo and misty, but hey that's where my emotions would have taken me and I'm sure you guys would of classified me as guilty from day one also. JMO

this uncut 911 call at the very beginning you can hear Ron in the background yelling for Haleigh.  There are many versions on the net, they are not all the same, some have been cut to highlight stuff.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-911-call-haleigh-cummings-mp3,0,6010039.mp3file
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #777 on: February 23, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »

Those are both interesting points. I'm not a lawyer, but for example, I understood the threat part or attempt to cause injury as being the "assault;" and the "battery" part as being the actual touching, physical contact or injury.

Also, comparisons with other cases may not  qualify as "proof" b/c people say that there's no "right" way to panic or grieve etc, but to me, the different case comparisons are interesting and helpful and give an idea (for comparison) of what's typical or common in certain situations. Obviously I don't want to generalize b/c specific details would warrant different responses. For example, if Ron and Misty knew Haleigh to be a wanderer or a sleep walker and not afraid of the dark, seeing an open door in the night would likely make one think, "Oh there she goes again, sleep walking" and to go over and look outside for her. (I know that wasn't the case here - just an example)

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #778 on: February 23, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »

yes, I here what you guys are saying about Junior, but from my perspective why would she mention Junior?  All we know is what she says on the 911 call and on this interview in regards to what took place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

If she saw Junior there and he was fine, why would she mention him in the 911 or in the interview; the missing child is Haleigh not Junior.  I guess I just see that part differently from some of you.  The focus of the call, the interview, and everything is Haleigh not Junior.

In regards to running and leaving the house, ok she says she woke up at 3 doesn't know the minutes just saw 3 on the clock, so we are merely speculating on the time she actually woke up, went towards the kitchen, saw kitchen light on back door open, went back to bedroom, saw Haleigh gone and probably w/out saying saw Junior in the bed than went and possibly checked other area's than called Ron, Ron in driveway yelling to call 911 and so on from there.

As to being terrified, I wouldn't be, my concern would be the missing child regardless of who was in the house, just as you guys are worrying about Junior's where abouts, I'd say the assumption was they knew where Junior was. There just are too many unknown's to read stuff into it at this point for me.

Maybe I work things backwards,  I do not add emotion to what I think in regards to the characters, just look at the case and what is said or done, actions taken by the people, than later add in the feelings of the characters.   Of course you see fear in all these people a 5 yr old child is missing, alledgedly taken from her bed in the middle of the night with the door left open in a locked home and you are in the spot light, under examination, talking to LE about every little thing you have done in your life, all under a microscope, stuff from your past, that you might be done with and have gone on.  Of course there is fear in everyone's eyes a little girl is gone no matter who did it, not all parties know what happened, maybe none of them do and they all have fear in their eyes,  so of course there is fear and screw ups a little girl is gone. 

I would have already peed my pants, had a stomping crying jag, beat the crap out of jeraldo and misty, but hey that's where my emotions would have taken me and I'm sure you guys would of classified me as guilty from day one also. JMO

this uncut 911 call at the very beginning you can hear Ron in the background yelling for Haleigh.  There are many versions on the net, they are not all the same, some have been cut to highlight stuff.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-911-call-haleigh-cummings-mp3,0,6010039.mp3file
I can't speak for the others, but I'm guessing that it's not just emotion on which folks are basing their point of view. For me it's a combination of words, behavior, how the bits of the story aren't adding up  for me, the inconsistencies, the flatout lies and denials of known events or incidents, the timing, many things other than fear, or any other emotion, or isolated action by itself.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: February 23, 2009, 03:39:04 PM »

In my state an arrest is made, my neighbor did the walk of shame last yr after threatening his wife, the sheriff walked him out in cuffs and the other sheriff followed w/all his guns.  He's a verbal abuser, very nasty, he does not talk to me the way he talks to his wife gives me all the respect in the world, she says nothing to him when he curses her out right in front of god and all present, I on the other hand would give it back, he knows that, they know, these guys know who will take their crap and who won't. She's back w/him, they've been together so long now.... I don't get it.  Never any physical crap, but I've been here 10+ yrs with them and always the same old crap, talks the same way to his daughter, but she gives it back to him.  And I say good for her and cheer her on when I hear it as he just smiles and laughs cause he knows she(his daughter) will not tolerate the verbal abuse.  If you dish it out you better be prepared to take it back.  The chain has been broken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.