March 28, 2024, 10:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 321364 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: February 23, 2009, 03:40:51 PM »

I only pointed out the situation of Kate McCann and what she did as an example of one case...everyone of course would/could react differently...there was some discussion on here about leaving the door open when Misty did not know if the perp was still around or not etc....not really doing a comparision...

Crystal said in regards to Ronald back handing Haleigh that her cousin Candace said that Haleigh either bumped into Ron or smarted off to him and she fell flat on her face...If the cousin saw it happen, wouldn't she have known which one it was, that she bumped him or smarted off to him? Also, did anyone step in at that time on behalf of the child being struck like that? Why wasn't Crystal told about this when it happened instead of recently after Haleigh went missing? When Geraldo was in Rons face about this, I think that Ron was telling the truth in that he has not back handed Haleigh...
there are too many questions on both families I think...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #781 on: February 23, 2009, 03:40:51 PM »

I have tried to think what I would do if I woke up and found a child missing....

The door was propped open....I would be terrified....is the person still in my house....or has the person left and I need to secure the place again.  I could take Jr. and run to neighbors house.  Have neighbors call 911, call dad, help look for haleigh in the area.....or if I thought the house was safe....I would close and lock door, call 911, call dad, call my family...while watching over junior.  But....I would never leave door open and wait for dad to arrive from work....how do I know when he will be home....and how do I know what is happening to that child....

This is one of the most worrisome issues to me about that first night....

Yes Mere, things just don't seem right.

yes, I here what you guys are saying about Junior, but from my perspective why would she mention Junior?  All we know is what she says on the 911 call and on this interview in regards to what took place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

If she saw Junior there and he was fine, why would she mention him in the 911 or in the interview; the missing child is Haleigh not Junior.  I guess I just see that part differently from some of you.  The focus of the call, the interview, and everything is Haleigh not Junior.

In regards to running and leaving the house, ok she says she woke up at 3 doesn't know the minutes just saw 3 on the clock, so we are merely speculating on the time she actually woke up, went towards the kitchen, saw kitchen light on back door open, went back to bedroom, saw Haleigh gone and probably w/out saying saw Junior in the bed than went and possibly checked other area's than called Ron, Ron in driveway yelling to call 911 and so on from there.

As to being terrified, I wouldn't be, my concern would be the missing child regardless of who was in the house, just as you guys are worrying about Junior's where abouts, I'd say the assumption was they knew where Junior was. There just are too many unknown's to read stuff into it at this point for me.

Maybe I work things backwards,  I do not add emotion to what I think in regards to the characters, just look at the case and what is said or done, actions taken by the people, than later add in the feelings of the characters.   Of course you see fear in all these people a 5 yr old child is missing, alledgedly taken from her bed in the middle of the night with the door left open in a locked home and you are in the spot light, under examination, talking to LE about every little thing you have done in your life, all under a microscope, stuff from your past, that you might be done with and have gone on.  Of course there is fear in everyone's eyes a little girl is gone no matter who did it, not all parties know what happened, maybe none of them do and they all have fear in their eyes,  so of course there is fear and screw ups a little girl is gone.  I would have already peed my pants, had a stomping crying jag, beat the crap out of jeraldo and misty, but hey that's where my emotions would have taken me and I'm sure you guys would of classified me as guilty from day one also. JMO

this uncut 911 call at the very beginning you can hear Ron in the background yelling for Haleigh.  There are many versions on the net, they are not all the same, some have been cut to highlight stuff.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-911-call-haleigh-cummings-mp3,0,6010039.mp3file

I don't hear it in this one....I here him telling her to tell them to come on and all the rest of it, but not yelling for her outside. Is there another one you can hear it better in?

OMG~ I just noticed he sounds robotic when he first starts talking to the 911 operator.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: February 23, 2009, 03:42:25 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/23/amber_alert__haleigh_reward_upped_to_20000.html

I don't know if this article has been posted.  So now the SO cousin Joe is a known sex offendor???  When did that come about?  I thought he didn't have a record?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #783 on: February 23, 2009, 03:49:07 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/23/amber_alert__haleigh_reward_upped_to_20000.html

I don't know if this article has been posted.  So now the SO cousin Joe is a known sex offendor???  When did that come about?  I thought he didn't have a record?

His name is Joe Overstreet~but, I don't see him in the TN database........

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: February 23, 2009, 03:49:12 PM »

fatcat....It is hard to keep up isnt' it???

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: February 23, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-911-call-haleigh-cummings-mp3,0,6010039.mp3file

It's at the very beginning in the background, before 911 even picks up, if you can't hear it than you probably won't hear it, no offense intended, you may not be able to hear it from your speakers?  I've heard it and hear it clearly it sounds as tho he is outside cause he is yelling Hay-lee, that's the way it sounds in his country accent.

And not to argue w/ you or anything, but Ron Cummings is anything but Robotic, he's practically vibrating w/emotion everytime I see/hear him.  Do you mean he snaps off his responses to 911 like a cadence?  A rap?  He talks country to me, nascar talk to me with a hint of black rap.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: February 23, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »

I know and is it just me or does the article make it out like LE is saying he is a known offendor?
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: February 23, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/18768154/detail.html

This article talks about why LE is still in the house/trailer.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: February 23, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »

A former FBI profiler said the search for Haleigh is a two-track investigation.

Appearing on the "Today" show Saturday morning, Clint Van Zandt said track one is taking investigators outside of the house and looking into whether a stranger took Haleigh. But Van Zandt said track two is keeping authorities inside the house.

"One family member said a fight had taken place between Ron, the biological father, and Joe, the cousin, where Ron says, 'No, that didn't take place,'" Van Zandt said. "Evidently a gun disappeared from the house and it was found in a ditch later."

Van Zandt said, typically, investigators try to rule out immediate family as suspects first before branching outside of the home. But he said, in this case, it appears that authorities are looking at both at the same time.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #789 on: February 23, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »

It's at the very beginning in the background, before 911 even picks up, if you can't hear it than you probably won't hear it, no offense intended, you may not be able to hear it from your speakers?  I've heard it and hear it clearly it sounds as tho he is outside cause he is yelling Hay-lee, that's the way it sounds in his country accent.

And not to argue w/ you or anything, but Ron Cummings is anything but Robotic, he's practically vibrating w/emotion everytime I see/hear him.  Do you mean he snaps off his responses to 911 like a cadence?  A rap?  He talks country to me, nascar talk to me with a hint of black rap.

LMAO~ I've never heard that before, Nascar with a hint of black rap....my son would love that expression I'm talking about the VERY first time he talks to the 911 operator, I Just got home etc......maybe cadence is a better word, either work for me.......

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: February 23, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »

Random thoughts on the web on Misty:

You said "misty really isn't dumb like some think"

In the article where she talked about herself to the media. She said she's a city girl and doesn't really like the country. She's a city girl and I think she might be a bit more savvy than we are giving her credit for being.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #791 on: February 23, 2009, 04:15:50 PM »

I know and is it just me or does the article make it out like LE is saying he is a known offendor?

It certainly makes it sound that way-alludes to it anyway.

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: February 23, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »

LMAO~ I've never heard that before, Nascar with a hint of black rap....my son would love that expression I'm talking about the VERY first time he talks to the 911 operator, I Just got home etc......maybe cadence is a better word, either work for me.......

I'm right outside of Washington DC and grew up in Calvert County aka "The Country part of Maryland"  so that's how I read the way he talks.  Funny I know, but a mix that fits in polite terms.  He sounds exactly like my nascar lovin brother from the country in Calvert County tryin to be DC hip.   
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #793 on: February 23, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »

In the article where she talked about herself to the media. She said she's a city girl and doesn't really like the country. She's a city girl and I think she might be a bit more savvy than we are giving her credit for being.

I have been getting that feeling about her for the past couple of days, something in the way she walks out of the police office, an air of defiance......crazy like a fox

[
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #794 on: February 23, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: February 23, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/02/23/missing-five-year-old-taken-by-pedophile-family-acquaintance/

Police admit that a sexual predator is in custody, and that a car was apprehended in the arrest, but they have given no further details.

where did this article come from?  Man arrested and vehicle taken?   I'm lookin further.  I think the media is screwing this story up big time.  Maybe.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #796 on: February 23, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

Appearing on the "Today" show Saturday morning, Clint Van Zandt said track one is taking investigators outside of the house and looking into whether a stranger took Haleigh. But Van Zandt said track two is keeping authorities inside the house.

"One family member said a fight had taken place between Ron, the biological father, and Joe, the cousin, where Ron says, 'No, that didn't take place,'" Van Zandt said. "Evidently a gun disappeared from the house and it was found in a ditch later."

Van Zandt said, typically, investigators try to rule out immediate family as suspects first before branching outside of the home. But he said, in this case, it appears that authorities are looking at both at the same time.
Thanks, I really like Clint Van Zandt, very interesting.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #797 on: February 23, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »

Capp over in the Caylee forum just posted that HLN is going to be talking about Ron having a press conf, because he is fuming about the allegations said about him, I'm assuming from Geraldo.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #798 on: February 23, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »

I love to hear from CVZ..have you ever read his blog, if not I just searched and he has an item on this case:

http://clintvanzandt.newsvine.com/_news/2009/02/16/2441536-update-teenage-caretaker-of-missing-5-year-old-florida-girl-says-i-didnt-do-it

"Update: Teenage Caretaker of missing 5-year-old Florida girl says: "I didn't do it"
News Type: Event — Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:47 PM ESTflorida, drugs, kidnapping, trailer, kidnapped, threats, missing-person, boyfriend, rural, haleigh-cummings, missing-florida-girl, mobile-home, ronald-cummings, misty-croslin, girl-friend, double-wide-mobile-home, live-in-girfriendClint Van Zandt
Haleigh Cummings

Misty Croslin and Ronald Cummings
Misty Croslin (17), the live-in girlfriend of Ronald Cummings (25), (the relationship is legal in Florida...) and the last person known to have custody of Cummings’ missing 5-year-old daughter Haleigh, says “I don’t care what people are saying about me, I didn’t do it.” What the definition of “it” is, however, has yet to be determined. The little Satsuma, Florida, girl allegedly disappeared on the night of 2/9-10/09 from her double-wide trailer home that sits in a rural wooded area just off of a dirt road. Croslin, whom some sources say has told conflicting stories about Haleigh’s disappearance, appears to indicate that she put Haleigh and the child’s 3-year-old brother, Ron Jr., to bed “around 8 PM” last Monday evening. It was shortly before 3:00 AM, says Croslin, when she discovered Haleigh missing. For some unknown reason the 17-year-old, whom Ronald Cummings referred to as his “dumb b**** girlfriend,” did not immediately contact the sheriff’s office, waiting instead for Ronald to return from work around 3 AM.

Missing and Murdered Florida Children

With the memories of so many missing and murdered Florida children having captured national headlines in the past few years, authorities were quick to respond with every available investigative resource. It was in 2005 that John Couey, a convicted sex offender living across the street from Jessica Lunsford, kidnapped and murdered the 9-year-old girl, initially keeping her captive in a bedroom closet for days while authorities searched the neighborhood in vain for the missing child. Many in America also fixed their attention on the reported Florida kidnapping of 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, whose mother, Casey, is now charged with her daughter’s death. For whatever the reason, Florida authorities are gaining a lot of experience in investigating the disappearance and death of missing children.

Ron Cummings indicates both he and Misty have “passed” lie detector tests concerning their knowledge of Haleigh’s disappearance, (so far unconfirmed by investigators), this while the little girl’s maternal grandmother, and many others, remain openly critical of Croslin. At least part of this criticism relates to reports that the missing child was either in bed with or sleeping in a bed in the same 10'x10' bedroom of the house trailer in which Croslin slept just four feet away in a toddler bed. The child’s grandmother said it was “ridiculous” that Haleigh, who was frightened of the dark and would never leave the home at night on her own, could disappear under these circumstances while the victim’s father indicates that he locked the doors to his home before leaving for work.

The case concerning Misty is further complicated when you consider media and other unnamed sources that have suggested: 1) Misty may have been outside or even away from the trailer at the time the victim disappeared, and/or 2) The pink shirt Misty indicated the victim was wearing is actually in the possession of law enforcement, 3) a relative of Misty's had recently visited, perhaps someone with a checkered criminal record, but it is up to law enforcement to separate the truth from Internet blog rumor and fiction. It is, however, evident that a 17-year-old could have a hard time caring for two young children, not as a baby sitter but as a substitute mother, and may believe she should have heard an unknown offender walking around in a type of residence (a trailer) not particularly known for being sound proof. Was Misty upset due to the loss of Haleigh, or was she upset and afraid of the reaction of Ron Cumming to Haleigh being missing? One of many questions to be answered in this case.

Ron Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, the estranged mother of both Haleigh and their younger son, Ron, Jr., have allegedly been locked in a custody battle concerning the two children. Sheffield has suggested she was victimized by legal authorities in the determination of which biological parent should have custody of the two young children, further indicating that legal notices had been sent to the wrong address, therefore precluding her from fighting for custody of her son and daughter.

Authorities are faced with at least four potential theories to explain Haleigh’s disappearance, to include:

1) She was kidnapped by some unknown child predator.

Knowing that the Cummings clan has resided in the trailer home for less than one month, it is challenging to believe that a predator was able to identify the trailer as the home of two children and was then get in and out of the home, and the common bedroom, without his presence becoming known to Croslin, and without leaving some indication of how he was able to enter the dead bolted residence.

2) She was a kidnapped due to a vendetta against the former resident of the trailer, perhaps with someone believing he was taking another person’s child as a kidnap victim.

While Phoenix, Arizona, has become the kidnap capital of America with 400 reported and perhaps another 400 unreported kidnappings in the past year, most of these are drug related crimes related to Mexican drug cartels and illegal aliens from south of the border, personal crimes such as this are not unknown to other southern states to include Florida.

3) She was the direct, targeted victim of an unknown person who had a reason to want to hurt or punish the victim’s father due to some unknown personal matter.

Like the above scenario, there are those who seek to punish or force their demands on another by taking some action against the family of their target. Ron Cummings would obviously be able to tell investigators if this could be the case.

4) She was injured and/or killed by someone within her home or visiting her home, i.e., her father, her 17-year-old female caretaker, or a person visiting the trailer and someone known to one or both of the two "adults" who resided there, with everything after her disappearance and/or death representing a cover-up.

This last scenario is, of course, what many believe to be the case with deceased Caylee Anthony, thought to have died as a result of some action by her own mother.

Missing Children = Media Circus

Missing children cases bring out the best, and sometimes the worst of society. In the case of Caylee Anthony, people would gather at the Anthony home to shout their belief that Casey Anthony had killed her own daughter and that Casey’s parents, George and Cindy Anthony, were somehow covering up their daughter’s crime. The media drama surrounding the Caylee Anthony case was further complicated when Leonard Padilla, a television bounty hunter and self-described “media whore” showed up in Florida to make Casey’s bail and insert himself up to his TV cowboy hat in the case, passing himself off on tabloid TV as some type of expert in such cases. The performers in this media circus have also appeared at the Cummings home. George Anthony, fresh from an alleged suicide cry for help when overcome with the death of his granddaughter and the overwhelming negative public response to his and his wife’s role in that case, arrived to provide moral support to Ron Cummings and, perhaps, to redeem himself, hoping beyond hope to see a positive outcome in this current case, one he had not been able to gain for his granddaughter.

Meanwhile Padilla, perhaps looking to continue his 15 minutes of tabloid fame, also showed up in the rural community and allegedly offered a reward for Haleigh’s return. When is someone going to tell him to get lost and quit promoting himself at the cost of missing and murdered children? Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch, who participated in the ill-fated search for American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba and for Caylee Anthony and other missing and not found by him people, has also showed up to participate in the search for Haleigh, and one media talk show host known for ambush interview techniques has called the overworked local sheriff over 30 times to demand a live interview. There’s a fine line, at times, between television wanting to help authorities find a victim and television personalities wanting to use one family’s tragedy to simply improve their show’s ratings, fainting concern, but ready to move on to a higher rated story in the proverbial “New York minute.”

Miracles are far and few between

While most families of a missing child hope beyond hope for a miracle like that in 2002 concerning missing Utah teenager Elizabeth Smart, kidnapped at age 14 and held by her demented assailant for almost a year before being rescued and returned to her family, others know the statistics that suggest after the first day the odds of a missing child being recovered alive are drastically reduced. This continues to be the case in the matter of missing 3-year-old Madeline McCann, allegedly taken almost 2 years ago from her hotel bedroom by an unknown child predator while her parents ate in a restaurant within view of the child’s hotel room in Portugal, where the family was vacationing. While dozens of alleged sightings have been unproductive and millions of people worldwide are aware of the case, Madeline’s parents still have no resolution in her disappearance.

Then there are reports that Haleigh’s father has been angry and abusive toward the victim’s biological mother and other reports indicating that investigators from the Florida Department of Children and Family Services have investigated the current Cummings home. These are some of the elements of the investigation that force investigators to continue to take a hard look at Ron Cummings and his teenage girlfriend in the disappearance of 3 foot tall, blond-haired, brown-eyed Haleigh, the child with the special birthmark on her left cheek. Haleigh is also thought to have a chromosomal condition called "Turner syndrome," the result of a missing x chromosome, that affects development in females. Found in one out of 2,500 female births, there is no cure for this condition, the most common feature of which is short stature which becomes evident by about age 5.

Investigators, for their part, have thrown a net over at least 45 registered sex offenders in a five mile circle around the victim’s home, (this is like Haleigh being in a swimming pool full of sharks), trying to pin down the whereabouts of each offender last Monday night. These same investigators, led by newly elected Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy, have discontinued the intensive ground search for the missing girl and are refocusing on the over 1200 tips that have come into their command post. As in most cases, at least some of these tips will likely be from so-called psychics who, in my experience, have never contributed to solving such cases. The FBI will be utilizing it's Rapid Start program to both computerize and prioritize the many tips, giving the most promising the tips investigative preference. Meanwhile, as one investigator has stated, “all the world is a suspect,” and the victim’s mother continues to plea for the return of her daughter, indicating “she ain’t done nothing wrong; please bring her back.”

Sheriff’s investigators, Florida Department of Law Enforcement officials, FBI Agents, criminal profilers and others are involved in a race against the clock to find missing Haleigh Cummings and, unfortunately, it is the clock and not the good guys that are winning the race. We can only hope for a positive conclusion to this case, but again, we know the odds are against this.

[
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #799 on: February 23, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m2d21-Haleigh-Cummings-little-brother-says-man-in-black-took-his-sister

Haleigh Cumming's little brother says man in black took his sister

According to News 4 Jax.com, Haleigh Cumming’s little brother, Ronald Cummings Jr. gave his mother a startling bit of information regarding the night his sister was abducted.

The children’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, said that 4-year-old Ronald told her that a man dressed entirely in black entered the home and took Haleigh.
Sheffield relayed this information to authorities and Ronald Jr. was immediately questioned by a team of people who deal with children.

Authorities would not comment on this tip or any other tips they have received in order to protect the integrity of the case.

Misty Croslin, 17, claims she was at home sleeping when the girl disappeared.  Croslin said that when she got up to use the bathroom, she discovered the kitchen light on, the back door propped open with a brick, and Haleigh gone.  Croslin is Haleigh's father's live-in girlfriend.

Ronald Jr. celebrated his fourth birthday without his big sister and told his mother, "I want to find my sissy.”

Haleigh has blond hair and brown eyes and is 3 feet tall.  Please call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0800 if you have any information regarding Haleigh Cummings.

ME: I received this in a google alert.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.