March 29, 2024, 05:13:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 321530 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1400 on: February 25, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »

You know I've been thinking about this polygraph goes to Washington Issue and I think it is only because the FBI is involved....

Also in regards to Mark Klaas statements on polygraphs he first said they came out and told him he passed with flying colors is I believe his exact wording but it still had to be sent to Washington.

Now in the missing 14 y/o girl case ongoing right now in Escondido CA, she may not meet the age level requirement for FBI involvement that is why everyone in that case is clearly stating they have already passed the poly and no need to go to Washington?

So it may be ok to accept some of people in this case stating that they were told they passed??  IDK looking further into this Poly goes to Washington issue.

Not exactly~I was paying special attn to his words:

Back to Marc Klaas, president and founder of Klaas Kids Foundation. Marc, when you took the polygraph when your daughter went missing, how many questions were you asked?

KLAAS: Well, actually, they told me the questions that they were going to ask me in advance. And if I remember correctly, they probably only asked me somewhere between about 10 and 20 questions. And at the conclusion of the polygraph -- and mind you, this was done by a very experienced FBI polygrapher. At the conclusion of the exam, one of the agents came in and said, Well, that went very well. And that basically is as close that anybody came to telling me that I had passed the exam.

Also, I posted here 2 days ago that polygraphs done by the FBI aren't OFFICIAL until cleared by Washington

another note from the show last night:

GRACE: Straight to T.J. Hart, news director with WSKY 97.3. Mr. Hart, all the family is telling me they have all taken and passed polygraphs, some of them multiple polygraphs. So why is it, T.J., that police, the lead investigator, says that nobody has been cleared?

T.J. HART, WSKY 97.3: That`s because the polygraph examinations are also sent elsewhere, too, and the results of those are never given, to my understanding, to the person who takes them. No one has been informed directly that they have passed or not passed. I don`t know why anyone would say that unless someone said, you know, We`re through here and it looks good...

So still w/all that said if the poly examiner comes out & makes a remark to the fact that I passed I would assume I passed, unless of course I had to take it multiple times and the same questions were asked repeatedly in interviews w/out the poly as in the case of Misty.  Just how I would see it and I don't plan on ever ending up in jail.  It's very interesting that this other girls family are claiming they passed also, but misconceptions going around about poly's. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1401 on: February 25, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »

How in the world of all the years of watching Geraldo did I miss the sucking of fat from his buttocks and put into his forehead, that sounds like a must see show.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1402 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »

You know I've been thinking about this polygraph goes to Washington Issue and I think it is only because the FBI is involved....

Also in regards to Mark Klaas statements on polygraphs he first said they came out and told him he passed with flying colors is I believe his exact wording but it still had to be sent to Washington.

Now in the missing 14 y/o girl case ongoing right now in Escondido CA, she may not meet the age level requirement for FBI involvement that is why everyone in that case is clearly stating they have already passed the poly and no need to go to Washington?

So it may be ok to accept some of people in this case stating that they were told they passed??  IDK looking further into this Poly goes to Washington issue.

Back to Marc Klaas, president and founder of Klaas Kids Foundation. Marc, when you took the polygraph when your daughter went missing, how many questions were you asked?

KLAAS: Well, actually, they told me the questions that they were going to ask me in advance. And if I remember correctly, they probably only asked me somewhere between about 10 and 20 questions. And at the conclusion of the polygraph -- and mind you, this was done by a very experienced FBI polygrapher. At the conclusion of the exam, one of the agents came in and said, Well, that went very well. And that basically is as close that anybody came to telling me that I had passed the exam.

Also, I posted here 2 days ago that polygraphs done by the FBI aren't OFFICIAL until cleared by Washington

GRACE: Straight to T.J. Hart, news director with WSKY 97.3. Mr. Hart, all the family is telling me they have all taken and passed polygraphs, some of them multiple polygraphs. So why is it, T.J., that police, the lead investigator, says that nobody has been cleared?

T.J. HART, WSKY 97.3: That`s because the polygraph examinations are also sent elsewhere, too, and the results of those are never given, to my understanding, to the person who takes them. No one has been informed directly that they have passed or not passed. I don`t know why anyone would say that unless someone said, you know, We`re through here and it looks good...

So still w/all that said if the poly examiner comes out & makes a remark to the fact that I passed I would assume I passed, unless of course I had to take it multiple times and the same questions were asked repeatedly in interviews w/out the poly as in the case of Misty.  Just how I would see it and I don't plan on ever ending up in jail.  It's very interesting that this other girls family are claiming they passed also, but misconceptions going around about poly's. 
[/color]

I'm confoozled~what other girls family ?? Are you talking about Crystal, because she was very frank with what they told her after her interview..........who is they?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1403 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

[/color]

I'm confoozled~what other girls family ?? Are you talking about Crystal, because she was very frank with what they told her after her interview..........who is they?

Nevermind on the confoozled remark.I misread your post

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: February 25, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »

Island no, a newly missing 14y/o in Escondido California, what I am trying to get at is it seems silly to me also to say Washington DC when there are 56 field offices of the FBI in the US with several offices much closer to Florida.  I know the main headquarters is in Washington/DC - DC as I call it and Poly's are sent their on special requests from local/state police, but only at special request and mainly poly's that are in question or done by outside agencies/poly examiner's which they will not accept examples: Gary Coduit, Football player busted for dog fighting (I don't remember name).  I am just trying to understand the DC statement in general.  And not Crystals poly in particular, I just don't understand when the FBI has 56 field offices it would need to go to DC to get confirmation of pass/fail, it just seems silly to me.  The examiner who gave the test is qualified to give it and read it is my understanding..

FAQ on the FBI website:

What does the FBI do with information and evidence gathered during an investigation?

If a possible violation of federal law under the jurisdiction of the FBI has occurred, the FBI will conduct an investigation. The information and evidence gathered in the course of that investigation are then presented to the appropriate U.S. Attorney or Department of Justice official who will determine whether or not prosecution or further action is warranted. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, evidence is either returned or retained for court.

Sent because one may be guilty?

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?
Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child "of tender years" even though there is no known interstate aspect. "Tender years" is generally defined as a child twelve years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

This answers the question on the polys in the Escondido, CA missing 14 y/o where family is stating they all passed Poly's No FBI involvement she's not in her tender years.

Does the FBI Laboratory conduct examinations of evidence for anyone other than the FBI?
Yes. In addition to performing examinations for its own cases, the FBI Laboratory conducts scientific examinations of evidence, free of charge, for any duly constituted federal, state, and/or local law enforcement organization within the United States. Such services also may be made available to foreign law enforcement agencies under special agreement between the Attorney General and the Secretary of State.

Free of charge sticks out to me.  so they could be sending them there to get the Fed to cover the bill, simple as that.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/crimesmain.htm
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1405 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:52 PM »

Island no, a newly missing 14y/o in Escondido California, what I am trying to get at is it seems silly to me also to say Washington DC when there are 56 field offices of the FBI in the US with several offices much closer to Florida.  I know the main headquarters is in Washington/DC - DC as I call it and Poly's are sent their on special requests from local/state police, but only at special request and mainly poly's that are in question or done by outside agencies/poly examiner's which they will not accept examples: Gary Coduit, Football player busted for dog fighting (I don't remember name).  I am just trying to understand the DC statement in general.  And not Crystals poly in particular, I just don't understand when the FBI has 56 field offices it would need to go to DC to get confirmation of pass/fail, it just seems silly to me.  The examiner who gave the test is qualified to give it and read it is my understanding..

FAQ on the FBI website:

What does the FBI do with information and evidence gathered during an investigation?

If a possible violation of federal law under the jurisdiction of the FBI has occurred, the FBI will conduct an investigation. The information and evidence gathered in the course of that investigation are then presented to the appropriate U.S. Attorney or Department of Justice official who will determine whether or not prosecution or further action is warranted. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, evidence is either returned or retained for court.

Sent because one may be guilty?

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?
Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child "of tender years" even though there is no known interstate aspect. "Tender years" is generally defined as a child twelve years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

This answers the question on the polys in the Escondido, CA missing 14 y/o where family is stating they all passed Poly's No FBI involvement she's not in her tender years.

Does the FBI Laboratory conduct examinations of evidence for anyone other than the FBI?
Yes. In addition to performing examinations for its own cases, the FBI Laboratory conducts scientific examinations of evidence, free of charge, for any duly constituted federal, state, and/or local law enforcement organization within the United States. Such services also may be made available to foreign law enforcement agencies under special agreement between the Attorney General and the Secretary of State.

Free of charge sticks out to me.  so they could be sending them there to get the Fed to cover the bill, simple as that.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/crimesmain.htm

OR, they could be just telling them that they are being sent out.........that way, they might not lawyer up......so much BS in this case is driving me nuts. That free of charge thing is odd~we all know the government doesn't really do anything free of charge, we the taxpayers cover it.

The article I pointed out never said that the examiner wasn't qualified, it just states that results weren't official under reviewed in Washington.

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1406 on: February 25, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »

FBI Laboratory Home Page in DC

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/labhome.htm  See FBI Questioned Documents under Forensic Analysis, but only do so if you are really bored!  Ha! Ha!

I just do not see polygraphs on the list or in the manual for evidence sent to the FBI for further examination from local/state agencies.  Things that make you hmmm, yet I know they do at special request as I said,  Gary Condit, Michael Vick(football player), Anthrax Dr. who mailed to Senate Hart bldg. but this is after some one does the exam and has questionable results.

State/County/Local police all give polygraphs and results if the equipment is available.  Anyway I think I helped beat this dead horse enough.  Cause if they told all of them they passed, they probably passed and for some ODD reason need to go to DC to get confirmation.

According to the various state licensing laws and the American Polygraph Association's Standards and Principles of Practice, polygraph results can be released only to authorized persons. Generally those individuals who can receive test results are the examinee, and anyone specifically designated in writing by the examinee, the person, firm, corporation or governmental agency which requested the examination, and others as may be required by due process of law.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1407 on: February 25, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »

This is cool:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=132090&catid=295

Signs for Haleigh Cover the First Coast
Posted By: Angela Williams     20 hrs ago

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- It's a picture you've seen all across the news. Now you'll see it a little more. From the backs of businesses, to the sides of trucks, Haleigh Cummings' picture will be there.

John Arwood may not be able to search the First Coast himself, but he owns and operates 4000 dumpsters and a fleet of utility trucks through Arwood Waste & Demolition. They travel all over, and now so will Haleigh's picture.

"There's thousands of people looking, but I can do one thing, is to get a picture out, all over the city, all over the county, northeast Florida, to southeast Georgia. I can do that to help find her," says Arwood.

To get the sign out there, Arwood called a friend. Steve Hunt owns Signs of All Kinds. When Arwood asked about ordering the signs, Hunt said he'd do it for free and went right to work.

"We need eyes everywhere to find this little girl. By making these stickers and putting her picture out everywhere, that's eyes looking at her. Hopefully somebody will recognize her and lead to her being found safe," says Hunt.

It's something both of these fathers and grandfathers say is a no-brainer. They want to help search for Haleigh, and they can do that by using tools of their trade.

"I've got grandkids and great-grandchildren, so I do not want this to happen to any of them if they come up missing," says Arwood.

Steve Hunt says he will print out signs and give them to anyone who wants one for free. For more information, call Signs of All Kinds at 904-707-6416.

Weeble
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1408 on: February 25, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/columnists/mark_woods/2009-02-25/story/geraldo_faces_his_nightmare

Geraldo faces his nightmare
Story updated at 6:58 AM on Wednesday, Feb. 25, 2009

It's hard to pick a single favorite Geraldo moment.

I'm sure some of you will point to Al Capone's empty vault or the diagram in the Iraq sand. And it's always tempting to go with the show on plastic surgery where Geraldo had fat sucked from his buttocks implanted in his forehead.

But if forced to choose one defining Geraldo Rivera moment, I think I'll go back to the 1990s and a confrontation at a rally with a neo-Nazi named John R. McLaughlin.

I dug up a New York Times story about it. In theory, the goal of the show was to illustrate the absurdity of the rallying skinheads and KKK members. Geraldo accomplishes this by wandering through the crowd, delivering quips like, "Neat outfits you have on." There is (surprise) a confrontation (huge surprise) in which Geraldo punches McLaughlin and ends up getting arrested.

When Geraldo tells viewers about this later - describing blood and sweat dripping down his face - he looks into the camera and deadpans a line that, if delivered by Stephen Colbert today, would be comedy. Only in this case, the guy delivering it was serious.

"A professional nightmare had come true. I had become a part of the story."

Geraldo becoming a part of the story? That's like Madonna making an album that turns controversial. (Actually, that's not fair to Madonna. She likely would admit controversy was part of the plan from the start.)

In his long career, Geraldo has done good stories, important stories. But whatever the story, from war to hurricanes, The Story inevitably seems to be Geraldo.

So was anyone surprised that when Geraldo came to Putnam County, the focus of the Haleigh Cummings story shifted from a missing 5-year-old girl to an omnipresent 65-year-old TV journalist?

You've probably seen the video of Geraldo interviewing Haleigh's father outside the family's trailer. I purposefully describe it that way - Geraldo interviewing Ronald Cummings - because, of course, the video isn't just of Cummings. It is as much about Geraldo asking the questions as it is about Cummings responding to them. And it illustrates that Geraldo came to Florida and accomplished something as difficult as making skinheads look absurd.

He went to a divided, dysfunctional family, two weeks into its own nightmare, and got people to point fingers, hurl accusations and eventually call the police.

Bravo.

Beyond the questions about interview style, there are more significant ones. Like whether some of the allegations tossed out to a national television audience are even true. And whether any of this was relevant to Haleigh's disappearance. Or if it just made for good TV and further fueled message board judges and juries.

Some have defended Geraldo, saying he was getting to the bottom of the story. I'd put it a little differently.

I'd say he got in the middle of the story.

Yes, somehow it happened again. Geraldo's professional nightmare came true.

Therefore we can all call him a butt head and be correct.     

Great article Klaas and super one-liner Searching!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1409 on: February 25, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/846128/week_two_in_the_search_for_haleigh

2.15 tells why they are keeping the trailer as a crime scene this long and will continue to hold it.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1410 on: February 25, 2009, 03:10:23 PM »

How in the world of all the years of watching Geraldo did I miss the sucking of fat from his buttocks and put into his forehead, that sounds like a must see show.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1411 on: February 25, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/847574/brother_s_story_inconsistent

Another video I had not seen until now, new Haleigh pic's and more info about Jr waking up to Ronald & Misty yelling for Haleigh?!  Grandmom Sykes says she was there w/20minutes of discovery of Haleigh missing?
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1412 on: February 25, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/847568/search_for_haleigh_haleigh_s_brother

They did tell Junior that Haleigh was gone and they don't know where and that they are looking for her...I know there was some question about him just coming up w/ a  story of a man in black, but it appears he was told his Sissy is missing.  Very sad. 

It seems Putnam County news puts there clips here on this site.  Just put Haleigh's name in the search and all the vid's come up.
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1413 on: February 25, 2009, 03:54:38 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted, but it's rumored (or said) that this girl has Ron's baby.  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=375142511

The comment under the picture is this:  November 14, 2008 3:52 PM
b*tch i got ur man and i will have ur baby to.

That comment is linked back to "please bring Haliegh home"--female 17 years old palatka, fl.  Any guess who it might be? JK 
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1414 on: February 25, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »

I have a question for anyone in general who knows or perhaps someone who is in LE related work.

Is it permissible for LE to state "mis-truths" (TM Cindy Anthony)    to people being questioned if it's deemed in the best interest of discovery or if it serves LE's purposes for some reason known only to them?

IOW, can LE lie directly or by omission or by implication in order to further their goal? For example, if person A failed a poly and person B, C, and D etc passed, can they tell them all that  they "don't know" and that they "have to send it to Cornhole, Wherever, for results" in order to stall for time or whatever reason that may have?

Or perhaps the purpose could be not to share the results with all of them and treat them all equally as far as info and "the story" are concerned so as not to single Person A.... by Person A being the only one not told.

Point being, could it be that maybe they don't want Person A (or whoever) to lawyer up or freak out or bolt and head for the hills b/c LE knows they have nothing concrete at the moment with which to hold this person? 

My question, long story long, is this. Is LE obligated legally to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth to people they're questioning who may or may not be involved in a case while they're trying to determine who did what when? Or do they have to tell the truth only in a semantic sense, but can they mince their words to convey an implication?

For example like when someone says hypothetically to a presumed suspect or POI,  "What if I told you we have your DNA all over the scene?" Well, they're not technically saying that they do have their DNA b/c it was phrased as, "What if I told you;"  But someone, particularly if involved, guilty, or under stress, could theoretically "hear" it wrong and infer that their DNA is indeed "all over the scene" and think that the jig is up.

I didn't say that well, but my question is in there somewhere.   

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1415 on: February 25, 2009, 04:14:51 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted, but it's rumored (or said) that this girl has Ron's baby.  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=375142511

The comment under the picture is this:  November 14, 2008 3:52 PM
b*tch i got ur man and i will have ur baby to.

That comment is linked back to "please bring Haliegh home"--female 17 years old palatka, fl.  Any guess who it might be? JK 

Amber is the 17yr baby mama to Ron's other child, and the b!tch comment was from Misty, Ron's 17 yr old, sex partner, maid, babysitter, cook etc.......you know the one whose stories change like we change socks

[
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1416 on: February 25, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »

I have a question for anyone in general who knows or perhaps someone who is in LE related work.

Is it permissible for LE to state "mis-truths" (TM Cindy Anthony)    to people being questioned if it's deemed in the best interest of discovery or if it serves LE's purposes for some reason known only to them?

IOW, can LE lie directly or by omission or by implication in order to further their goal? For example, if person A failed a poly and person B, C, and D etc passed, can they tell them all that  they "don't know" and that they "have to send it to Cornhole, Wherever, for results" in order to stall for time or whatever reason that may have?

Or perhaps the purpose could be not to share the results with all of them and treat them all equally as far as info and "the story" are concerned so as not to single Person A.... by Person A being the only one not told.

Point being, could it be that maybe they don't want Person A (or whoever) to lawyer up or freak out or bolt and head for the hills b/c LE knows they have nothing concrete at the moment with which to hold this person? 

My question, long story long, is this. Is LE obligated legally to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth to people they're questioning who may or may not be involved in a case while they're trying to determine who did what when? Or do they have to tell the truth only in a semantic sense, but can they mince their words to convey an implication?

For example like when someone says hypothetically to a presumed suspect or POI,  "What if I told you we have your DNA all over the scene?" Well, they're not technically saying that they do have their DNA b/c it was phrased as, "What if I told you;"  But someone, particularly if involved, guilty, or under stress, could theoretically "hear" it wrong and infer that their DNA is indeed "all over the scene" and think that the jig is up.

Rana.....no, law enforcement does not have to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when questioning or dealing with suspects.  If they did, that would be laying all their cards on the table for the suspects to see.  If LE has to testify in court, then of course they have to tell the truth, but they don't when interviewing suspects or persons of interest, and I even imagine they don't have to tell people who take lie detectors tests the results.  They didn't tell Mr. Klass he had passed. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1417 on: February 25, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »

Hey girl~short answer is no.....they can mislead you when you are being questioned, it's a pretty common practice before someone lawyers up

[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1418 on: February 25, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »

Does anyone know for sure that the FBI has come in on this case?

Or if they did come in, are they still in?

I don't know what their website protocol is of course, but I cant find Haleigh here under the child cases, missing, kidnapped...etc.

Maybe it's right under my nose and I missed her, but I couldn't find her on the national site. FWIW, I believe the Putnam County (and Baker County too for that matter) are covered under the Jacksonville field office's domain. Maybe I should check there.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kidmiss.htm

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1419 on: February 25, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/847574/brother_s_story_inconsistent

Another video I had not seen until now, new Haleigh pic's and more info about Jr waking up to Ronald & Misty yelling for Haleigh?!  Grandmom Sykes says she was there w/20minutes of discovery of Haleigh missing?

Well~I take it with a grain of salt......they know people are asking questions, they even showed them in the tent looking at websites, probably just like another family out there. I'd love to hear from neighbors, LE if he was or wasn't awake

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.