April 16, 2024, 06:42:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings #2 2/20/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 322466 times)
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1760 on: February 26, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »

Oh lo.. this is from like 4 pages back, but I can't find an edit feature and "boy howdy" the likes of me sure needs one. Side note (as a preface,) one witty poster said that she (he?) can't "type for beans." **snort** Well me too. But apparently I have it far worse in that I suffer from a severe homophone problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

I meant to type - and said in my head  - "close-KNIT," as in boound together by social and cultural ties. My fingers however, decided to type, "close nit," as in the egg or young of parasitic insects such as lice. (Or alternately,  "nit" as in "minor short coming.")

My apologies all. Altho if one wanted to get unduly mean and snarky, the "nit" without the "k" could actually...... no.... no.. I'm not gonna go there.     Anyway, spellcheck doesn't fix my problem b/c in this instance, oddly, I spelled the WRONG word correctly. BWAH!

[/rant] . .

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1761 on: February 26, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »

They are still holding the mobile home as a crime scene.. I wonder if they found any black light evidence.. ugh.. that sounds so wrong considering she was a 5 yr old , almost still a baby 

Just me but I feel like if LE found any serious evidence so far they would of arrested them both.
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1762 on: February 26, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »

My point was that WHY WAS SHE GETTING PG AGAIN when she had other children to support? I know pg can be hard - I was off work for one of mine - but I also had my bills getting paid by my husband and no child support to pay. I always think it is irresponsible to get pg with another one when you can not pay for the first.

SO MUCH WORD to that.

But if asked I'll guess that she'd say that it was unplanned, which is not impossible; but there are some really effective birth control methods out there. Jus sayin.

And then we'd get into a whole prolife anti abortion thing, and I'm not sure we want to go down that road. But I hear what you're saying. A quick aside, I cant help but think of that uber annoying Elisabeth Hasselbeck of the infamous "View" show. IMO, she's not "pro life" so much as she's "pro birth." B/c after you're born, regardless of what terrible thing befalls you that's out of your control, tough noogs; you're on your own in her version of the world. But EH is not exactly known for her compassion.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1763 on: February 26, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »

They are still holding the mobile home as a crime scene.. I wonder if they found any black light evidence.. ugh.. that sounds so wrong considering she was a 5 yr old , almost still a baby 

Just me but I feel like if LE found any serious evidence so far they would of arrested them both.

got any housework done yet FC?
this is so damn addicting!
I sure don't know what to make of the holding of the home...
Ron's mom said that he wouldn't go back in there anyway without Haleigh...I think that I would feel the same way...I wouldn;t be able to bear looking at her clothes, her toys and where she slept...but yet I would want the last thing that she had on close to me so that I could smell her scent on it....I could just cry for this little child and for every child who is taken against their will....She should be going to school with her class, playing outside with jr. and riding her bike and just being the sweet little child that she is...my heart breaks....

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1764 on: February 26, 2009, 02:17:26 PM »

I thought I'd bring this observation over from someone who claims to have been down to Satsuma recently.

I was in Satsuma yesterday and the first tent I saw was bio-mom's. She was not there and it had a party atmosphere. I asked where RC's tent was and I was directed down the street which was about a 5 min walk. RC's grandmother and TN were there and RC was sleeping. I spoke with TN for about 30 mins and during that time RC did come out for a moment and said hi and went back inside. I gave TN a donation for RC and Jr. He was so sad looking. He looks like he has lost so much weight since I saw him on the 13th.
It was a somber feeling.

I walked back to my car, which was parked near bio-mom's tent, and she was there with more people and she was on the phone walking around so I did not want to interrupt her..........there was a lot more people there and the "Party" atmosphere was greater...a lot of laughing, etc.

I know people act different I am just reporting what I observed and am not judging anyone.

(bolding by me) I know that came from someone else on the scene, not you, Fatcatlurker; Wow, the person giving the description sort of sounds to me like they are "judging." To call something a "party" atmosphere conveys happpiness and celebration. The connotation itself is judgmental IMO. Crystal may not be Mary Poppins or mommy of the year, but I truly doubt that she's celebrating.

She had been briefly hospitalized earlier for (they reported) dehydration. Too much crying, not enough water, sleeping, eating, etc.  So whatever she and Ron do to keep themselves going  - and as long as it hurts no one else -  seems to me like the right thing to do... whatever that is. I mean if they're forced by onlookers into a contest of who is more pathetic, that can't end well and they have other kids who need them.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: February 26, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »

Rana...agreed...I think that all of them are suffering horribly...

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1766 on: February 26, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »

It wouldn't be fair w/out posting Ron's response to this document here too.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, told First Coast News he received a copy of the document about the hearing the day before Haleigh vanished. Cummings appeared frustrated about the timing of the document's arrival and his daughter's disappearance.

That was a RESPONSE to the article about the child support........I think he's trying to get the eyes off of him by saying he's frustrated about the timing etc....he filed the paperwork, so he KNEW this document would be coming down soon....so, what is he alluding too in this stmt........??

I know right? What could he possibly mean? What are the logical options? Surely he's not suggesting that due to the timing this implicates Crsytal and that she would commit such a horror and put their daughter through that, as well as both families, local LE, FBI, Equisearch et al, and the whole country who's looking for Haleigh sightings for $4100 which would still be owed anyway in arrears. Yikes.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1767 on: February 26, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »

I thought I'd bring this observation over from someone who claims to have been down to Satsuma recently.

I was in Satsuma yesterday and the first tent I saw was bio-mom's. She was not there and it had a party atmosphere. I asked where RC's tent was and I was directed down the street which was about a 5 min walk. RC's grandmother and TN were there and RC was sleeping. I spoke with TN for about 30 mins and during that time RC did come out for a moment and said hi and went back inside. I gave TN a donation for RC and Jr. He was so sad looking. He looks like he has lost so much weight since I saw him on the 13th.
It was a somber feeling.

I walked back to my car, which was parked near bio-mom's tent, and she was there with more people and she was on the phone walking around so I did not want to interrupt her..........there was a lot more people there and the "Party" atmosphere was greater...a lot of laughing, etc.

I know people act different I am just reporting what I observed and am not judging anyone.

(bolding by me) I know that came from someone else on the scene, not you, Fatcatlurker; Wow, the person giving the description sort of sounds to me like they are "judging." To call something a "party" atmosphere conveys happpiness and celebration. The connotation itself is judgmental IMO. Crystal may not be Mary Poppins or mommy of the year, but I truly doubt that she's celebrating.

She had been briefly hospitalized earlier for (they reported) dehydration. Too much crying, not enough water, sleeping, eating, etc.  So whatever she and Ron do to keep themselves going  - and as long as it hurts no one else -  seems to me like the right thing to do... whatever that is. I mean if they're forced by onlookers into a contest of who is more pathetic, that can't end well and they have other kids who need them.

Well doesn't sound right to be thou.
I keep going back to the bio-mom, she had the most to gain if Haleigh went missing...........JMO

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1768 on: February 26, 2009, 02:43:05 PM »

I didn't relize he filed this motion the week before Haleigh disappeared.  So sad. 

Court documents show Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.
A motion was filed by the state's Department of Revenue on Ronald Cummings' behalf against Sheffield for contempt. It was dated February 3rd, a week before Haleigh disappeared. A hearing was set for Sheffield for March 27.
Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, told First Coast News he received a copy of the document about the hearing the day before Haleigh vanished. Cummings appeared frustrated about the timing of the document's arrival and his daughter's disappearance.

And let's go ahead and add this to it.  Now it's all together.

Last week, on February 16th, the state signed a dismissal document which cancelled the child support contempt of court hearing until Haleigh is found. The dismissal document was filed in the Putnam County Clerk of Courts office Tuesday.

Well, that is something that actually makes some since, first priority is too find Haleigh, not a contempt of court charge regarding child support.

It still all goes together:  It shows he does have an interest in Haleigh's welfare and his getting that child support money from Crystal could make alot of difference to the lives of these children.  Just like you yourself tried to correct your support issues so is he.  To me that shows a sign of a caring parent not a dead beat who does not care: someone who takes no action for the welfare of their children imo Crystal.  Besides the in also points to the fact that he was pursuing getting the money the week prior to Haleigh's disappearance which makes me feel that he expected Haleigh to be there the following week alive and well to receive that support money she was due.  That's the way I see and that's all I'll say.

I see your point, but I guess we have different ideas of what "dead beat" is. To me if a parent is healthy enough and in a condition to work and is working and simply choosing not to pay child support - that is dead beat to me. Being physically unable to work and then being unemployed for a period when the whole economy is knownto be in dire straits is different IMO. Also IIRC her payments were around $335 (?) a month so if $4100 accrued, that comes to just over of 12 months ($4020 using the $335 a month figure) that she didn't pay; and IIRC she was pregnant for 40 weeks of that time and not working which means she was paying during the period when she was working or the amount  would be far higher than $4100 unless I missed something.

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1769 on: February 26, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »

i see the cadaver dogs have been brought in for a search. i wonder how big of an area they cover and how many times they will expand it if they get no new viable leads.

this is just so depressing, i pray for a positive outcome.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1770 on: February 26, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »

I didn't relize he filed this motion the week before Haleigh disappeared.  So sad. 

Court documents show Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.
A motion was filed by the state's Department of Revenue on Ronald Cummings' behalf against Sheffield for contempt. It was dated February 3rd, a week before Haleigh disappeared. A hearing was set for Sheffield for March 27.

And let's go ahead and add this to it.  Now it's all together.

Last week, on February 16th, the state signed a dismissal document which cancelled the child support contempt of court hearing until Haleigh is found. The dismissal document was filed in the Putnam County Clerk of Courts office Tuesday.

Well, that is something that actually makes some since, first priority is too find Haleigh, not a contempt of court charge regarding child support.

It still all goes together:  It shows he does have an interest in Haleigh's welfare and his getting that child support money from Crystal could make alot of difference to the lives of these children.  Just like you yourself tried to correct your support issues so is he.  To me that shows a sign of a caring parent not a dead beat who does not care: someone who takes no action for the welfare of their children imo Crystal.  Besides the in also points to the fact that he was pursuing getting the money the week prior to Haleigh's disappearance which makes me feel that he expected Haleigh to be there the following week alive and well to receive that support money she was due.  That's the way I see and that's all I'll say.

I see your point, but I guess we have different ideas of what "dead beat" is. To me if a parent is healthy enough and in a condition to work and is working and simply choosing not to pay child support - that is dead beat to me. Being physically unable to work and then being unemployed for a period when the whole economy is knownto be in dire straits is different IMO. Also IIRC her payments were around $335 (?) a month so if $4100 accrued, that comes to just over of 12 months ($4020 using the $335 a month figure) that she didn't pay; and IIRC she was pregnant for 40 weeks of that time and not working which means she was paying during the period when she was working or the amount  would be far higher than $4100 unless I missed something.

That looks right, except I think I read where it had penalties, so it may not have been even the entire 12 months, but anyont who thinks finding a job is easy needs to read all the financial reports. For instance this was released today and non-farm payrolls are due out next Friday and the estimates are negative 680m

New Jobless Claims Climbs Higher Than Expected to 667K
The Labor Department said Thursday that first-time requests for unemployment benefits jumped to 667,000 from the previous week's figure of 631,000. 

FOXNews.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

New jobless claims rose more than expected last week and the number of Americans continuing to receive unemployment benefits has topped 5.1 million, fresh evidence the recession is increasingly forcing employers to shed jobs.The Labor Department said Thursday that first-time requests for unemployment benefits jumped to 667,000 from the previous week's figure of 631,000. Analysts had expected a slight drop in claims.

The 667,000 new claims are the most since October 1982, though the labor force has grown by about half since then. The four-week average of initial claims, which smooths out fluctuations, rose to 639,000, the highest in more than 26 years.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. added to the bad news Thursday, saying that it would eliminate about 12,000 jobs as it folds in the operations of failed savings and loan Washington Mutual Inc. In December, the bank said it would cut a total of 9,200 jobs related to the WaMu deal. The 12,000 figure includes 2,800 jobs expected to be lost through attrition.

Separately, U.S. manufacturers saw orders for big-ticket goods plunge by a larger-than-expected 5.2 percent in January as global economic troubles cut demand from customers at home and abroad.

The latest report on U.S. factory activity, released by the Commerce Department, showed orders falling for a record sixth straight month. The previous record of four months came in 1992.

And new home sales tumbled 10.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 309,000 last month, the worst showing on government records going back to 1963.

The median sales price fell to $201,100 in January, a record 9.9 percent drop from the previous month. The median price is the midpoint, where half sell for more and half for less. But even lower prices and low mortgage rates haven't ended the housing market slump.

All told, it points to more dismal news for an economy stuck in a negative cycle, where consumers scale back purchases as jobs vanish, home prices drop and stock portfolios shrink. Those factors fuel more job cuts by profit-starved businesses.

Companies are "becoming extremely cautious and ... shelving their capital spending plans and working with the minimal possible work force," said Zach Pandl, an economist at Nomura Securities International.

Nigel Gault, chief U.S. economist at the IHS Global Insight consulting firm, said: "We have been looking for signs that the economy's rate of decline might be slowing, but can't find any."

The stock markets were mixed after earlier posting gains on hopes the Obama administration is setting aside up to $750 billion to aid the U.S. financial services industry. The Dow Jones industrial average added about 5 points, while the Standard & Poor's 500 index and the Nasdaq composite index slid a bit in afternoon trading.

Meanwhile, the number of people receiving unemployment insurance for more than one week also increased more than expected to 5.1 million. That's the fifth straight week the figure has set a new record-high on data going back to 1967, and compared with only about 2.8 million people a year ago.

As a proportion of the work force, the number of people continuing to receive benefits has reached its highest point since July 1983.

An additional 1.4 million people were receiving benefits under an extended unemployment compensation program approved by Congress last year, as of Feb. 7, the latest data available. That brings the total number of jobless benefit recipients to roughly 6.5 million.

The increase in continuing claims is an indication that many newly laid off workers are having difficulty finding jobs.

Economists consider jobless claims a timely, if volatile, indicator of the health of the labor markets and broader economy. A year ago, initial claims stood at about 359,000.

The labor market has deteriorated rapidly in recent months. Employers cut a net total of nearly 600,000 jobs in January, the highest monthly tally since 1974, sending the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent. Many economists expect the rate to reach 9 percent by the end of this year, even with the passage of President Barack Obama's $787 billion stimulus package.

More job losses were announced this week. The NFL said Wednesday that commissioner Roger Goodell has taken a 20 percent pay cut and the league dropped 169 jobs through buyouts, layoffs and other reductions. Spartanburg, S.C.-based textile maker Milliken & Co. said it would cut 650 jobs at facilities worldwide, while jeweler Zale Corp. said it will close 115 stores and eliminate 245 positions.

On Monday, troubled flash memory maker Spansion Inc. said it will lay off about 3,000 employees and computer chip maker Micron Technology Inc. announced it will slash as many as 2,000 workers by the end of August.

Among the states, New Jersey had the biggest increase in jobless claims for the week ending Feb. 14, a jump of 2,093 that it attributed to layoffs in the service, transportation and manufacturing industries. The next largest increases were in Virginia, Rhode Island, Vermont and South Dakota.

California saw the largest drop in claims, a decline of 16,550, which it attributed to fewer layoffs in service industries. Drops of 4,000 or more also were reported in Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Illinois and New York

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1771 on: February 26, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »

but Island, would you cut ron the same slack if he wasn't paying and didn't have a job? It is just as tough for a man out there to get a job...but kids still have to eat...I am sure that Crystal still eats right?
Chad has a job right? even $25 a week would help in buying groceries...at least make the effort to send something, even if it is $5 or buying some shoes or groceries for the kids...

Not intending to sound blaming - just making an observation. If Crystal had managed somehow to meet her obligations of child support and paid those months that she missed, Ron would have had extra money to spend on child care - IOW someone who would be paid to be there i e being paid means staying awake b/c it's your job.

Not blaming Misty either for sleeping b/c she had been placed - (or had placed herself in) - (and Ron allowed it or encouraged it) - in psuedo-mommy role; But surely Ron would have taken that extra money and put it toward child care 3 nights a week when he's at work for 12 hour night shifts. Someone who is paid to be awake (like nurses who work 11 to 7 etc)  would have been up and possibly could have called for help, seen something concrete and helpful, or shot the intruder, or whatever one does when an intruder comes in.... and one is awake to deal with it.... bc you're paid to be.

Not intending to sound blaming - just sayin that had Ron been paid the child support, he could have put that money toward night child care rather than have Misty do it for free; She is less than ideal (particulary if she wasn't there) (but we don't know that.) All we know is that she was asleep. Again, can't fault her for merely being a deep sleeper if that's what happened.

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1772 on: February 26, 2009, 03:07:09 PM »

Hi Monkeys!      Does anyone have a link for the You Tube for the sequence with Geraldo when he got in RCs face and RC fired right back at him, the interview that caused Geraldo to be banned from the property/area. It was sometime last week I believe. You Tube is the only thing that will work properly for me. I havent been able to find that particular one although I have had the pleasant experience of watching about 1000 Geraldo interviews regarding the case while searching for it.   ACKKKK 
TIA Hope you all have a great day!
Hi GabbyG,
I think this is it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_xDcKBGXb8

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1773 on: February 26, 2009, 03:08:25 PM »

i see the cadaver dogs have been brought in for a search. i wonder how big of an area they cover and how many times they will expand it if they get no new viable leads.

this is just so depressing, i pray for a positive outcome.

I heard that a dozen more would be there tomorrow if nothing is found today...odd woding in that one....

It is very depressing and sad, such a beautiful child and so young....I pray for a good outcome, but prepare for the worst case scenario

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1774 on: February 26, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

Wyks I agree I enjoy reading the forensic astrology threads on WS also, that's about all I like to read over there. It is always interesting, and this is coming from someone who knows nothing about astrology.

I didn't know anything about astrology either, until reading over there.  It used to look like a bunch of little symbols, couldn't make head nor tails out of a chart.  I like their explanations of what they've found in the charts, that helps us learn.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1775 on: February 26, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/18801629/detail.html

Cadaver dogs article.

Sheriff's Office Launches K-9 Search For Missing Girl
POSTED: 11:04 am EST February 26, 2009
UPDATED: 1:24 pm EST February 26, 2009

PALATKA, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Office sent out several K-9 search teams Thursday morning to look for Haleigh Cummings.

Haleigh, 5, has been missing from her Palatka home since Feb. 10.

According to a news release issued by Capt. Dick Schauland, "The search is being conducted to insure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for Haleigh."

Searchers resumed looking for Haleigh Cummings on Thursday morning, using dogs in woods near her home. More

The search, which Schauland described as routine, consists of several K-9 search teams from a non-law enforcement organization, Canine South. The dogs are trained specifically to seek human remains.

"Again, this search is not in response to information received, but rather as a proven protocol from other missing person cases," Schauland said in the news release.
Copyright 2009 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1776 on: February 26, 2009, 03:12:37 PM »

Wyks I agree I enjoy reading the forensic astrology threads on WS also, that's about all I like to read over there. It is always interesting, and this is coming from someone who knows nothing about astrology.

I didn't know anything about astrology either, until reading over there.  It used to look like a bunch of little symbols, couldn't make head nor tails out of a chart.  I like their explanations of what they've found in the charts, that helps us learn.   

I'd be curious as I'm clueless as to those charts myself.......what do they say they mean in regards to this case?

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1777 on: February 26, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/video/18802229/index.html

Cadaver dog video
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1778 on: February 26, 2009, 03:14:28 PM »

well, if we are going to look at it from the papers being received, Crystal, who owes the money and has no job, nor any way of paying this money,  would have also received her papers the day before Haleigh disappeared as well...that could be looked at suspiciously as well...more of a motive?
if this was reversed and Ron owed the money, would posters be more of a mind set that that is a reason or motive, since it is the man owing the money, not the woman? Or Chad not wanting to pay the money since the family is already strapped for cash?
I do not think any of these characters are involved with her disappearance...just throwing some junk out there....

that's one of my theories, cookie.  sure does seem to me to be a huge motive.  from the start, my hinky meter has been up with misty and with chad griffis, perhaps acting on behalf of crystal, the bio mom.  gosh, there's SO many different possibilities with this case, it's mind-boggling!! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1779 on: February 26, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »

Island, also by your analogy of Ron being an unfit parent, then Crystal would be as well cause she left the kids with ron and Misty too...

If the court ordered her to do so, what were her viable, attainable options then? And if there were do-able options, did she have the means to execute them? Not arguing just trying to understand the point. . 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.