April 24, 2024, 05:22:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA:  (Read 29996 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 18, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »

Police Follow Tip Haleigh's Dad's Girlfriend Wasn't Home

Investigators Following More Than 1,000 Tips

POSTED: Tuesday, February 17, 2009
UPDATED: 11:44 pm EST February 17, 2009

PALATKA, Fla. -- Since an Amber Alert was issued for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings one week ago, more than 1,000 tips have poured into a Crimestoppers hot line; and until Tuesday afternoon investigators have not released specific information about the leads they've received.

However, on Tuesday, new information was released that Haleigh's father's girlfriend, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, may not have been at home the night Haleigh disappeared.

Investigators in Putnam County said they are looking into the Croslin tip as a possibility.

Haleigh was reported missing just after 3 a.m. last Tuesday when Croslin told authorities she woke up and found the child missing. Within minutes, Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, placed frantic calls to 911.

A massive search was under way by first light and an Amber Alert was issued.

Since the investigation began, Croslin has told detectives and told Channel 4 that she put Haleigh and the girl's younger brother to bed at about 8 p.m., and that at 10 p.m. both children were still in bed. Misty Croslin tearfully describes waking up, finding the back door of their mobile home open and Haleigh gone.

Croslin said when she awoke at about 3 a.m. to use the bathroom she noticed Haleigh was missing.

"I didn't make it to the bathroom. I seen the kitchen light on and I walked in the kitchen and the back door is wide open," Croslin told Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo. "I go in the room and she's gone. And that's all I know. When I went to bed she was there and then when I got up and she was gone."

Croslin has been interviewed by detectives and volunteered to take a lie-detector test -- which she said she passed -- but had not spoken publicly until midday Thursday when she spoke to Mazzeo.

"I didn't hear anything at all. If I'd heard something, I would have got up and I wouldn't have let them take her," Croslin said.

Croslin said Haleigh and her 3-year-old brother "look at me like their mom."

"I love her like she's my own," she said. "I just want her to come home."

Croslin said she doesn't blame herself, but she's emotionally devastated and just want to know that Haleigh is safe.

"I wished they'd took me instead of her, because I could have fought," Croslin said. "She's only 5; she can't really do anything. What do they want with a little 5-year-old?"

Detectives said the lead that Croslin may not have been home when Haleigh went missing is just one of many tips they are looking into.

Investigators also revealed on Tuesday new information about Amber Alert that was issued last week, say they have the pink T-shirt Haleigh was originally thought to be wearing the night she disappeared.

"We obtained information through our investigation that young Haleigh was not, in fact, wearing the pink shirt at the time of her disappearance," Putnam County Chief Deputy Rick Ryan said. "What we need people to focus on (Haleigh's) face because we do not know at this time what the clothing was."

Tuesday afternoon, officials said they have received almost 1,200 leads -- double the number they had on Monday -- but there have been no confirmed sightings of Haleigh.

Still, officials said all tips are welcome and anyone with information about Haleigh's disappearance should call at 888-277-TIPS or the FDLE's Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse at 888-FL-MISSING.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18735417/detail.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

Satsuma girl wasn't wearing pink when she went missing, police say

Sarah Lundy |Sentinel Staff Writer February 18, 2009

Haleigh Cummings wasn't wearing the pink shirt she was initially described as wearing the night she disappeared, Putnam County Sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Investigators say they don't know what she was wearing when she vanished late Feb. 9 or early the 10th from her home 80 miles north of Orlando.

"What we need to focus on is the face," Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Dominick Pape said as he held up a picture of Haleigh.

Authorities were originally told the 5-year-old was last seen wearing the pink shirt. That's the information they released to the public in the Amber Alert and on missing-person fliers about the girl, who lives in the small town of Satsuma.

On Tuesday, investigators wouldn't discuss details of the pink shirt in their possession -- how they found it, where it was and whether it will be tested for any forensic evidence.

"The investigation is not going to change because the clothing is different," Pape said.

Tuesday marked day 8 in the search for Haleigh, who was last seen by her father's girlfriend when the child went to bed Feb. 9. The girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, said she woke around 3 a.m. and found the girl gone.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, returned home from work about 5 minutes later and alerted authorities.

So far, officials have received nearly 1,200 tips on the case. One tip led investigators to the St. Johns River earlier in the day but nothing was found. The ground search for the child has ended.

On Monday night, authorities stopped more than 200 vehicles at a checkpoint and questioned motorists. Another neighborhood canvass was done and officers hit around 300 homes and interviewed residents.

Officials hoped to reach people who were returning to the area and weren't questioned last week.

Several people have taken polygraph tests, including Haleigh's father and Croslin. Investigators would not release information about what those tests showed or comment on whether they still think Croslin is telling the truth.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2574631.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Missing Girl Case

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 – updated: 8:04 am EST February 18, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News discovered that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is investigating Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, who claimed that she was at home and sleeping when Haleigh Cummings was taken. But a tip puts the spot light on the 17-year-old girlfriend.The most recent information investigators got was that Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home when Haleigh disappeared from her Satusum house early last week.The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said its dealing with more than 1,200 tips in the case and plans to pursue each and every one of them."We will take any lead, any place, anytime," said Dominick Pape of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.On CNN, Tuesday night, Haleighs paternal grandmother, Terese Neves, spoke out in support of the 17-year-old's story."I believe someone went into the house and took her. I believe they either know my grandchildren and my family or Haleigh's mother's family," said Neves.Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared."What we now need people to focus on is this face because we do not know at this time what the clothing was at this point," said Pape.The massive search for Haleigh was scaled back this week. Deputies do not want to say too much in fear of jeopardizing the investigation, but confirmed they set up a road block this week and interviewed at least 300 neighbors in the area."We've got a life of a 5-year-old girl at stake," he said.Another prayer vigil was held Tuesday night, at the Dunns Creek Baptist Church in Putnam County.Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings and the little girl's mother, Crystal Sheffield sat side by side while the community came together to comfort them."I care for the people even though I don't know them," said one neighbor.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »

Tipsters: Girlfriend's
story not true

Last Edited: Wednesday, 18 Feb 2009, 7:52 AM EST
Created On: Wednesday, 18 Feb 2009, 7:41 AM EST

SATSUMA, Fla. - Putnam County Sheriff's investigators said they have receieved 1,200 tips that claim the 17-year-old girlfriend in the case of a missing Satsuma girl was not actually home at the time of the girl's disappearance, which is contrary to what she told detectives.
The girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to 5-year-old Haleigh but when she awoke, the girl was gone. "She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Palatka Daily News. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything," she added.
Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, told investigators his daughter was missing when he returned home from work around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Ronald said his girlfriend was awake and frantic that Haleigh was missing from her bed.
Croslin has responded to the allegations by the tipsters and said they are lying. Croslin is adamant that she was there at the home with Haleigh and says no one can say she wasn't there.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...story_not_true

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:07:31 PM »

www.myspace.com/chelsea_croslin

February 17, 2009
Florida Police Receive New Leads in Abduction of Haleigh Cummings

The search for Haleigh Ann Marie Cummings, a 5-year-old girl who vanished from her Putnam County, Fla., home on Feb. 10, has been significantly scaled back; however investigators say they are following up on new leads.

"We were able to come up with several good leads that we are following up on today," Capt. Steve Rose of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said at a press conference today. "At this time we cannot discuss the nature of those leads."

Sources close to the investigation have told Investigation Discovery that the new leads revolve around the timeline the girl disappeared and the initial report given to law enforcement. This information reportedly changed the focus of the investigation, which in turn resulted in the search being scaled back. Due to the sensitive nature of the information obtained by ID no further details can be provided at this time.

Among those pulling out of the search for Haleigh is Texas EquuSearch, a search and recovery group from Dickinson, Texas, who was recently involved in the search for Casey Anthony's missing daughter, Caylee Anthony.

According to Mike Ray, a Texas EquuSearch search coordinator who was on the ground during the search effort, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office asked Texas EquuSearch to pull out of the search yesterday. Ray would not discuss the specifics of that request; however he did say they had conducted a thorough search of the area.

"We had 300 searchers at our disposal," Ray told investigation Discovery. "We went out multiple times and cleared all of the wooded areas around Haleigh's home. The terrain was some of the most difficult I've seen compared to other searches I have been on. There was a lot of saw brush and a lot of volunteers came out with cuts on their forearms and legs. No one can say we did not put forth our best effort. We went out of our way to clear every area. The scale of this search could only be matched by the one we conducted for Caylee."

Ray said that while volunteers searched the woods, law enforcement personnel focused much of their attention on a nearby waterway.

"They had about 30 boats in the water," Ray said. "They were conducting sonar searches and they were also dragging the bottom."

Celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla was also present during the search effort; however Ray said he did not actively participate in the search and remained camped out with the media. Last week, Padilla offered a $25,000 reward to anyone who returned Haleigh by Feb. 14.

In related news, volunteers found one area of interest in the woods where someone had constructed a makeshift lean-to and furniture out of tree branches. A shovel and length of rope were found at the location; however it remains unclear if any of the items are of relevance.

Meanwhile, Haleigh's father, 24-year-old Ronald Cummings, reportedly told an ID source that he has a new theory on what might have happened to Haleigh.

Cummings allegedly said that it is possible that Haleigh's abduction was in retaliation for something he did in the past, but he did not clarify what that "something" could be. Cummings also allegedly said that he believes someone gained entry to his home using a "lock bumping" technique. It remains unclear if law enforcement is following up on that theory.

Regardless of how the abduction occurred, the fact remains that a beautiful 5-year-old girl is missing. It remains the hope of everyone involved that a break in the case will occur soon.

Keep checking back with Investigation Discovery for more details in the case.

Haleigh Cummings is described as three feet tall, weighing 39 pounds, with blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/02/florida-police-receive-new-leads-in-abduction-of-haleigh-cummings.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:34:17 PM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 04:17:27 PM »

Investigators In 2nd Week Of Hunt For Haleigh

Leads Pour In To Crime Stoppers Hot Line

updated 12:47 a.m. ET Feb. 18, 2009

PALATKA, Fla. - One week after an Amber Alert was issued for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, leads are pouring into a Crime Stoppers hot line but the Putnam County Sheriff's Office doesn't know how or why she disappeared from her father's mobile home.
Haleigh was reported missing just after 3 a.m. last Tuesday after her father's girlfriend woke up and found the child missing. Within minutes, 17-year-old Misty Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, placed frantic calls to 911.
Almost from the beginning, the case was treated as an abduction.
Authorities said Tuesday they have modified the Amber Alert description to remove Haleigh's clothing.
"We obtained information through our investigation that young Haleigh was not, in fact, wearing the pink shirt at the time of her disappearance," Putnam County Chief Deputy Rick Ryan said, urging people to only focus on her face.
Tuesday afternoon, officials said they have received almost 1,200 leads -- double the number they had on Monday -- but there have been no confirmed sightings of Haleigh.
"I don't know where the investigation will take us and every lead is critical," said Dominick Pape, special agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Officials Tight-Lipped, Determined
As the days have passed and the focus is less on the search and more the investigation, authorities will answer fewer questions at their daily briefings.
"We've got the life of a 5-year-old at stake," Ryan said Tuesday afternoon. "We're not going to do anything that will compromise that, period."

Monday afternoon and evening, officers contacted about 300 people in the neighborhood and other state officers make 210 contacts at checkpoint along Buffalo Bluff Road -- the only access to the home park. Ryan said one piece of information gathered in that effort resulted in a search on Tuesday, but nothing of significance was found.
Investigators said they have reinterviewed Croslin, Cummings, Haleigh's mother Crystal Sheffield, and extended family members and friends who had contact with Haleigh in the hours and days before she disappeared.
"We don't have all our questions answered and, obviously, we don't have Haleigh," Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said. "We'll interview people as many times as we feel necessary."
Even though Hardy has praised the family for cooperating over the past week, lie detector tests were administered to most of them. The sheriff's office won't discuss the results of the polygraph tests.
Family Waits, Hopes, Prays
Haleigh's family continues to spend their days and nights in a tented area near where Haleigh disappeared. Surrounded with flowers, teddy bears, candles and well-wishes, the family can just watch, hope and pray.

"We just watch the TV and pray for something to break," Teresa Neves said in an interview Tuesday morning.
She then turned to the camera and addressed her granddaughter: "We love you, baby. We're doing everything we can to bring you home. Just hang in there, sweetheart."
While candlelight vigils have been held at the site every night for the past week, the Cummings family's pastor is holding a special service Tuesday night at Dunn's Creek Baptist Church. Family, friends, Haleigh's classmates, community members and law enforcement officials are expected to attend.
Authorities ask anyone with any information to call Crimes Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS or the FDLE's Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse at 888-FL-MISSING.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29236594/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

Haleigh Cummings has Turner Syndrome

Police have also found the pink t-shirt she was supposedly wearing

February 18, 2009 - 10:21 AM

During a news conference held Tuesday, investigators indicated that details about the clothes Haleigh Ann Marie Cummings was wearing when she vanished were different from what was originally reported. Police just aren't sure what Haleigh Cummings was wearing when she disappeared, after all. At first, she was reportedly wearing a pink shirt and underwear, but now police say they've found that pink t-shirt - but they won't say where.

Haleigh's status as a missing person has also been changed - she's considered endangered. She probably always was, but police in Putnam County have pointedly changed the flyer giving details about Haleigh to read "ENDANGERED."
It has also been revealed that Haleigh has Turner Syndrome, a chromosomal condition caused by complete or partial absence of the second sex chromosome. Characteristics of Turner Syndrome include a narrow, high-arched palate, low-set ears, a low hairline, webbed neck, slight droop to eyes, flat feet, small, narrow fingernails and toenails and swelling of the hands and feet. Children with Turner Syndrome have normal intelligence but sometimes have difficulty with math, sense of direction, manual dexterity and social skills.
Investigators have re-examined a number of places they'd already covered and they still don't feel any closer to solving the mystery behind this child's disappearance. Everyone is still a suspect.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/haleigh_47..._syndrome.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 04:19:33 PM »

Police probe teen's account in case of missing Florida girl
(CNN) -- Police searching for a missing 5-year-old girl are investigating whether the woman who reported her gone was at home at the time the girl vanished, an officer working on the case said Wednesday.

"It's a tip we're following up on," Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office in Florida said.
He was responding to a question about a report that Misty Croslin was not home after Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings was last seen on the night of February 9.
Croslin, 17, is the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.
The police officer rebuffed a question about whether Croslin had changed her story about where she was when the girl disappeared, though he called the tip "a very important one."
"I don't know that you can say her story is changing," Schauland said. "I don't know if it's a true tip or not. It may not be valid."
He said Haleigh's father's alibi, that he was at work, had been confirmed.
Authorities said earlier they believe girl was abducted.
Since opening the case a week ago, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office has received more than 1,200 tips about the missing girl.

Croslin told police she was watching Haleigh when she went missing sometime before dawn last Tuesday. Cummings shares his double-wide mobile home with Croslin, daughter Haleigh and 4-year-old son in the town of Satsuma, east of Gainesville. He has said that when he returned home at 3 a.m. ET, he was surprised to see his girlfriend awake and asked her why she was up.
She told him she awoke to find the trailer door open and discovered that Haleigh was missing.
Croslin waited until Cummings came home to phone 911 about the girl's disappearance, though it's unclear how long that wait was. Police said last week that Croslin had tucked the girl and her brother into bed at 8 p.m. before going to sleep at 10 p.m. The girl, boy and Croslin usually sleep in the same bed.
Officials originally thought Haleigh may have wandered outside on her own, but are now certain that she was abducted.
Investigators are looking into various angles of the case, including finding out the location of 44 registered sexual offenders who live within a five-mile radius of the Cummings home, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
Late Tuesday police announced that they have changed the Amber Alert they originally put out for the girl.

They originally said she was wearing a pink shirt, but the shirt has since been found, Schauland said Wednesday.
"Now what we need people to focus on is the face because we do not know at this time what the clothing was at this point," said Dominick Pape, with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02....missing.girl/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »

Investigators question girlfriend's story in Haleigh case

12:31 PM EST, February 18, 2009

Investigators are now questioning whether Misty Croslin lied to law enforcement about her whereabouts the night 5-year old Haleigh Cummings disappeared. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office received a tip that Croslin, 17, left the double-wide trailer she shared with Haleigh's father and his 4-year old son, sometime late Feb. 9 or early Feb. 10. "We have received that tip, they are following up on it," Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said during a press conference this morning. Haleigh was last seen by Croslin when the child went to bed Feb. 9. Croslin said she woke around 3 a.m. and found the girl gone.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, returned home from work about 5 minutes later and alerted authorities On Tuesday, Putnam County Sheriff's officials announced that Haleigh wasn't wearing the pink shirt she was initially described as wearing the night she disappeared.

Investigators say they don't know what she was wearing when she vanished late Feb. 9 or early the 10th from her home 80 miles north of Orlando.

"What we need to focus on is the face," Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Dominick Pape said as he held up a picture of Haleigh.

Authorities were originally told the 5-year-old was last seen wearing the pink shirt. That's the information they released to the public in the Amber Alert and on missing-person fliers about the girl, who lives in the small town of Satsuma. On Tuesday, investigators wouldn't discuss details of the pink shirt in their possession -- how they found it, where it was and whether it will be tested for any forensic evidence.

"The investigation is not going to change because the clothing is different," Pape said.

So far, officials have received nearly 1,200 tips on the case. One tip led investigators to the St. Johns River earlier in the day but nothing was found. The ground search for the child has ended.

On Monday night, authorities stopped more than 200 vehicles at a checkpoint and questioned motorists. Another neighborhood canvass was done and officers hit around 300 homes and interviewed residents.

Officials hoped to reach people who were returning to the area and weren't questioned last week.

Several people have taken polygraph tests, including Haleigh's father and Croslin. Investigators would not release information about what those tests showed or comment on whether they still think Croslin is telling the truth.

Bianca Prieto of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Sarah Lundy can be reached at 407-420-6218 or slundy@orlandosentinel.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1755884.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »

Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office
Posted By: Gary Detman
Updated: 2/18/2009 2:34:47 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- The mother, father and grandmother of Haleigh Cummings are at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office right now.

Moments ago, Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother, told First Coast News that deputies had told her to pick up Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and take her to the Sheriff's Office.

Griffis left in a hurry, according to First Coast News Chief Investigative reporter Jackelyn Barnard.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, was taken there by the lead detective in the case.

The flurry of activity came hours after a news conference where investigators announced little except the tip about Misty Croslin not being at the house when Haleigh vanished.

Capt. Dick Schauland said the tip is one of 1,200 under investigation.

Marie Griffis says the family is taking the tip with a grain of salt until detectives can say whether it's valid.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared a week ago from her home in rural Satsuma. Croslin put Haleigh to bed at 8 p.m. Croslin said she went to bed at 10 p.m. and when she woke up around 3 a.m. Haleigh vanished.

Investigators are pushing for tips in the case since they have no clothing description on Haleigh. Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/b...31632&catid=17

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »

Hard swallow case about to get harder?

Capt. Steve Rose, of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, declined to describe the information Tuesday in the case of Haleigh Cummings.

“”We were able to come up with several good leads that we are following up on today; at this time we cannot discuss the nature of those leads.”

Rose went on to say that police are focusing on the timeline Croslin has given them in the case.

“We’re still working on the timeline, but we’re not going to divulge (specifics) at this time,” he said. “We feel pretty confident about when the girlfriend last saw Haleigh. That’s the timeline we’re focusing on.”

Rose refused to comment on the updated events that preceded and followed Haleigh’s disappearance. Police have set up a mobile checkpoint in the area based on the revamped timeline; and the potential that they may have missed some possible witnesses on their first rounds based on it.

Sources close to the investigation are reporting a new impatience with Misty. In a conversation earlier today, it was expressed to me that they have treated her with kid gloves long enough and the strategy that she will lead them to Haleigh in her post-abduction behavior is not working. While they stop short of calling her complicit, the consensus is that she is lying about her whereabouts and her overall account of what contributed to the disappearance of 5 year old Haleigh Cummings.

UPDATE 02/18/09 3:31pm

Late this afternoon, sources inside Putnam County indicate that Ronald Cummings, father of Haleigh Cummings, 5, missing since February 10, 2009 and Haleigh’s Mother, Crystal Sheffield have been escorted seperately to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. Mr. Cummings was transported by the lead detective in the case and Ms. Sheffield was alerted when deputies phoned her Mother, Marie Griffis and asked her to bring her to the Police Department.

Attempts to locate the family of 17 year old Misty Croslin, who police announced yesterday was going to be the focus of today’s efforts were not successful at press time. It is unclear if a suspect had been located, the child had been found, or whether Ms. Croslin’s account of the evening the child was abducted has pointed the investigation into a different direction.
http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/02/18/amber-alert-haleigh-anne-marie-cummings-5-missing-from-putnam-county-florida-police-have-new-leads/#more-88

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Haleigh Case

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 – updated: 12:34 pm EST February 18, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News discovered that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is investigating Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, who claimed that she was at home and sleeping when Haleigh Cummings was taken. But a tip puts the spotlight on the 17-year-old girlfriend.

The most recent information investigators got was that Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home when Haleigh disappeared from her Satusum house early last week.

NEWS CONFERENCE: Watch Feb. 18 News Conference

"Obviously that puts a spotlight on her now, if that's the case," said Captain Dick Schauland. "We have a team of detectives that are following up on this and yes they are questioning her about that."

In a news conference Wednesday (watch news conference), Schauland said the information is one of the 1,200 tips that investigators are looking into. He says he doesn't know if it panned out. He says detectives have interviewed family members and girlfriend Misty Croslin several times.

"We have received that tip and they are following up on it. As far as a conclusion on the follow up, I don't have that," said Schauland.

On CNN, Tuesday night, Haleighs paternal grandmother, Terese Neves, spoke out in support of the 17-year-old's story.

INTERVIEW: Haleigh's Grandmother On Nancy Grace

"I believe someone went into the house and took her. I believe they either know my grandchildren and my family or Haleigh's mother's family," said Neves.

Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared. Deputies wouldn't speculate or go into detail about where or when they found what could be key evidence in the case.

"What we now need people to focus on is this face because we do not know at this time what the clothing was at this point," said Dominick Pape of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The massive search for Haleigh was scaled back this week. Deputies do not want to say too much in fear of jeopardizing the investigation, but confirmed they set up a road block this week and interviewed at least 300 neighbors in the area.

"We will take any lead, any place, anytime," said Pape. "We've got a life of a 5-year-old girl at stake."

Another prayer vigil was held Tuesday night, at the Dunns Creek Baptist Church in Putnam County.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings and the little girl's mother, Crystal Sheffield sat side by side while the community came together to comfort them.

"I care for the people even though I don't know them," said one neighbor.

The sheriff's office will hold the next briefing Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »

Marie Griffs speaks out

2/18/09

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ect=1039576192

Search For Haleigh : Grandmother Discouraged

Updated: 2/19/2009 12:30:49 AM

SATSUMA, FL -- As day nine of the search for Haleigh Cummings comes to a close, candles still burn, tips continue to come in, and family members say they are left with even more questions.

"Nobody can make up their mind on what she was wearing, who was at home with her, where anybody was that night. It's unbelievable!" says Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother.

Griffis says it's hard to know what to believe. She just wants the truth.

"There are just so many lies going around," says Griffis.

Investigators aren't saying much when answering questions about possible leads, including talk about examining a particular vehicle as evidence.

"It was processed for evidence, but we're not going to get into that, but it was processed by FDLE," says Detective Dominick Pape with FDLE.

One thing both detectives and family want to focus on is the five- year-old's face. They hope the more people see her, the better chance she has of coming home soon.

"She has a brown mark on the left side of her face, close to her ear and it's pretty big. You would notice it if you looked at her," says Griffis.

Haleigh's grandmother also says the girl has another birthmark on the right side of her face near her mouth. She also has asthma and Turner's Syndrome.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/n...storyid=131718

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »

Ronald Cummings Makes Plea For Haleigh's Return

SATSUMA, FL -- Speaking directly to the media for the first time, the father of the missing 5-year-old girl made several pleas for his daughter's return.

The first thing Ronald Cummings said into the microphone was, "Find my daughter."

Asked about the possibility that his girlfriend, Misty Croslin, was not home at the time of Haleigh's abduction as she has said she was, Cummings said, "I believe she's telling the truth."

Cummings was also asked about reports that he got into a fight with a relative shortly before Haleigh disappeared.

"There was no fight with a cousin over a gun," he replied, adding that he doesn't know how such rumors got started.

MORE: REPORT OF FIGHT INVOLVING RONALD CUMMINGS

Cummings then wanted to shift attention back to his daughter. "Don't focus on my life," he repeatedly said. "It's not about what's going on in my life; it's about my daughter missing."

He said he has no enemies, and held the news conference for one reason. "I'm here for a plea for my daughter to come home, and that's it."

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Nebes, said the little girl has a small, brown birthmark on the side of her face, and then said through tears, "Whoever has my baby, why don't you have a heart...bring her home."

Cummings added one more statement to his daughter Haleigh. "Baby I love you and we will find you...I love you."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...131740&catid=3

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »

Girlfriend's Cousin Under Investigation In Haleigh Case

Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 9:46 am EST February 20, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.

Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin, known as "Joe" was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin.

RAW VIDEO: Misty Croslin Talks To WFTV

"You said you don't trust him, why?" asked Boyle.

"I just don't trust him," she said. "He's gotten into a lot of trouble."

Eyewitness News has confirmed that a woman called 911 in Knoxville, Tennessee a few days ago to report a possible Haliegh sighting. The woman told police she saw a man shielding a little girl's face who looked like Haleigh while getting into an SUV.

There were also reports that Croslin's cousin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings got into some type of argument hours before the 5-year-old disappeared.

Eyewitness News asked Cummings about the reported argument.

"There was no fight with a cousin over a gun. I don't know where people are getting their information from, but people say a lot of things and they don't always know what they are talking about," he said.

At noon Thursday, 17-year-old Misty was escorted to a car with two detectives. She had to put out her smoke before getting into the backseat, but didn't answer any questions.

Minutes later, her boyfriend, Ronald Cummings, spoke out about her (watch it).

"I don't have any suspicions of anybody," Ronald said of Misty. "Anybody could have done anything. Obviously, if I knew what was going on, I would have my daughter."

WFTV VIEWER DONATES CAMPER TO HALEIGH'S FATHER

An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl.

The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.

FAMILY MEMBERS LIVING IN TENT DURING SEARCH

Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15 (see images). Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

New information was released Thursday about the pink shirt Haleigh was last reported wearing. Ronald Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, told Eyewitness News earlier this week deputies allowed Misty Croslin back inside the mobile home where Haleigh was abducted.

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, Ronald Cummings pleaded for his daughter's safe return.

NEWS CONFERENCE: Haleigh's Father Speaks
THE TENT: See Images Of Tent Family Is Living In
RAW INTERVIEWS: Haleigh's Mother | Great Grandmother

"Yes, I do have a message for whoever has taken Haleigh. I would ask that you please, please bring my daughter home. She's not yours, not your property. She's not something that you just take and say, 'It's mine.' This is my daughter, this is blood and I would like to have my daughter back please. Please bring my daughter home," he pleaded.

Sykes said the 17-year-old girlfriend found the pink shirt in the home, but the sheriff's office won't confirm where it was found. Meanwhile, the family is still camped out in the neighborhood.

"It's not home, but it's good. I mean it's dry, basically, it's out of the sun," Sykes said.

But on a rainy Thursday in Putnam County, water poured through the cracks of a tent donated by a funeral home. The fire department donated a propane tank to keep them warm on cool nights and the family is taking shifts sleeping on mattresses.

"Waiting on Haleigh to come home. This is as close to the house as we can get really and the gentleman here was nice enough to let us put this up in his yard," Sykes said.

That gentleman is also allowing Haleigh's family to run cable to the tent so they can watch a big, color, flat screen TV. There's also food, drinks, and chairs for guests.

As for the investigation into Haleigh's whereabouts, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is still following up on more than 1,300leads. Haleigh's great grandmother said she'll be sleeping under the stars until the little girl comes home.

"We'll be right here waiting," she said.

Haleigh's little brother, Junior, is sleeping at a family home about six miles away.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

Teen girlfriend of Haleigh Cummings' father appears on 'Today Show'
Helen Eckinger | Sentinel Staff Writer
11:11 AM EST, February 20, 2009

Misty Croslin, the last person to see Haleigh Cummings before the 5-year old vanished 11 days ago, appeared on the Today Show this morning and answered some questions about her involvement in the case.

In recent days, rumors have circulated about a relative of Croslin's who was in Satsuma at the time of Haleigh's disappearance, but has since return to Tennessee, and officials with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office have confirmed that they have spoken with the man. Today Show host Matt Lauer asked Croslin, 17, if she thought the relative had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

"I really don't know, I don't know if he did or not," Croslin said.

"That's an interesting way to answer the question," Lauer responded. "I think that a lot of people might say that, 'No I'm positive that person had nothing to do with Haleigh.'"

"I'm not quite sure at all. No . . . He's a criminal pretty much, he's been in trouble his whole life. I don't trust him," Croslin replied, adding that she hasn't spoken to the relative since he left Satsuma.

Lauer also asked Croslin about a pink shirt that Croslin initially told detectives Haleigh was wearing the night she vanished. Sheriff's officials now say that they have the shirt and don't know what Haleigh was wearing when she disappeared, but have not elaborated further.

Croslin told Lauer that she found the shirt when detectives took her back to the double-wide trailer she shared with Haleigh's father and his two children.

"I was looking by the dirty clothes for the clothes she was wearing earlier in the day for school, and I found that shirt and I showed the detectives," Croslin said. "If I was hiding something, why would I show the cops the shirt?

Croslin also denied that she left the trailer at some point during the night Haleigh disappeared. The Sherriff's Office has confirmed that it is investigating a tip claiming to that effect.

"I was home. I was home. I don't know where anyone come with I wasn't home. I was home," Croslin said.

Croslin, who is the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, has told investigators that she last saw Haleigh when the child went to bed Feb. 9. Croslin said she woke up about 3 a.m. and Haleigh was missing. Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, returned from work about five minutes later and told Croslin to call 911.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-b...,7668823.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »

Girlfriend's Cousin Under Investigation In Haleigh Case
updated: 11:12 am EST February 20, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin. Eyewitness News learned Thursday that Misty Croslin's cousin, known as "Joe" was in town the night Haleigh disappeared.

There are now questions about what role Joe may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin (watch it | images).

"You said you don't trust him, why?" asked Boyle.

"I just don't trust him," she said. "He's gotten into a lot of trouble."

Eyewitness News has confirmed that a woman called 911 in Knoxville, Tennessee a few days ago to report a possible Haliegh sighting. The woman told police she saw a man shielding a little girl's face who looked like Haleigh while getting into an SUV.

There were also reports that Croslin's cousin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, got into some type of argument hours before the 5-year-old disappeared.

"There was no fight with a cousin over a gun. I don't know where people are getting their information from, but people say a lot of things and they don't always know what they are talking about," he said.

At noon Thursday, 17-year-old Misty Croslin was escorted to a car with two detectives. She had to put out her smoke before getting into the backseat, but didn't answer any questions.

"I don't have any suspicions of anybody," Ronald said of Misty. "Anybody could have done anything. Obviously, if I knew what was going on, I would have my daughter."

WFTV VIEWER DONATES CAMPER TO HALEIGH'S FATHER

An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl.

The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.

FAMILY MEMBERS LIVING IN TENT DURING SEARCH

Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15 (see images). Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

New information was released Thursday about the pink shirt Haleigh was last reported wearing. Ronald Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, told Eyewitness News earlier this week deputies allowed Misty Croslin back inside the mobile home where Haleigh was abducted.

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, Ronald Cummings pleaded for his daughter's safe return.

"Yes, I do have a message for whoever has taken Haleigh. I would ask that you please, please bring my daughter home. She's not yours, not your property. She's not something that you just take and say, 'It's mine.' This is my daughter, this is blood and I would like to have my daughter back please. Please bring my daughter home," he pleaded.

Sykes said the 17-year-old girlfriend found the pink shirt in the home, but the sheriff's office won't confirm where it was found. Meanwhile, the family is still camped out in the neighborhood.

"It's not home, but it's good. I mean it's dry, basically, it's out of the sun," Sykes said.

But on a rainy Thursday in Putnam County, water poured through the cracks of a tent donated by a funeral home. The fire department donated a propane tank to keep them warm on cool nights and the family is taking shifts sleeping on mattresses.

"Waiting on Haleigh to come home. This is as close to the house as we can get really and the gentleman here was nice enough to let us put this up in his yard," Sykes said.

That gentleman is also allowing Haleigh's family to run cable to the tent so they can watch a big, color, flat screen TV. There's also food, drinks, and chairs for guests.

As for the investigation into Haleigh's whereabouts, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is still following up on more than 1,300leads. Haleigh's great grandmother said she'll be sleeping under the stars until the little girl comes home.

"We'll be right here waiting," she said.

Haleigh's little brother, Junior, is sleeping at a family home about six miles away.

http://www.wftv.com/mostpopular/18757844/detail.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »

Girlfriend's cousin Joe had visited Haleigh's home
Last Modified: Friday, February 20, 2009 at 1:41 p.m.

In a televised press conference Friday afternoon, the paternal grandmother of a missing 5-year-old Putnam County girl discussed a man from Tennessee named "Joe" - a cousin of her son's girlfriend - who had been at the mobile home where the girl lived.

However, Teresa Neves said she had not met the man and did not know anything about him.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy acknowledged Thursday that investigators have been in touch with this relative of Misty Croslin's out of Tennessee who apparently had been visiting her.

"You trust your friends and family to bring in people you can trust," Neves said.

Channel 4 WJXT news reported that family members said the cousin visited the home and on Monday and left hours before Haleigh disappeared.

On Friday morning, Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend who was watching over Haleigh Cummings before she went missing, denied reports of not being home at the time.

She told NBC's "Today Show" that she was home and called police when she realized the girl was not there. She said "it was not a long period of time" after she looked around the house and called out for Haleigh when she contacted authorities.

Croslin is the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

Haleigh vanished from her father's mobile home in Satsuma during the night of Monday, Feb. 9.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...Haleigh-s-home

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/18759621/detail.html

Tip Leads To New Search For Haleigh Cummings
Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 12:33 pm EST February 20, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- A new tip led to a new ground search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings Friday and an army of deputies searched a wooded area just a few hundred yards from her home.

Putnam County sheriff's deputies stopped all physical ground searches for Haleigh Cummings last Monday, but Friday morning Eyewitness News found a search team in Satsuma in a parking lot and followed behind them.

The tip that led law enforcement to the wooded area came in overnight. Officers from all over, including Flagler County Fire Rescue, showed up early Friday morning to begin the search.

There were more than 70 searchers, some with walking sticks. Eyewitness News was the only TV news crew in the woods when the search began.

"We're going to move to the north, which will be to our right all the way down this road, double arms length apart. The go signal is going to be 'move,'" the search leader announced.

The group met briefly Friday morning and then lined up on a dirt road.

Haleigh Cummings has been missing for almost two weeks and, so far, no luck in tracking her down. There are new leads, though.

The FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin in Tennessee about his possible role in the abduction. Croslin's cousin was in Satsuma the night Haleigh vanished and then went back to Tennessee.

MISTY CROSLIN TALKS
Watch WFTV Interview | Images

Misty Croslin is Haleigh's father's girlfriend and the last one to see the 5-year-old. Friday morning, she told Eyewitness News she doesn't trust her very own family member (watch it | images).

"Why don't you trust him?" WFTV reporter Mark Boyle asked Croslin.

"I just don't," she said.

"Is their a specific reason?" Boyle asked.

"I am not going to put that on TV," she said.

"You say he's a life-time criminal. Is that true?" Boyle asked.

"He has had a lot of trouble his whole life," she replied.

There were also reports that Croslin's cousin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, got into some type of argument hours before the 5-year-old disappeared.

At noon Thursday, 17-year-old Misty Croslin was escorted to a car with two detectives. She had to put out her smoke before getting into the backseat, but didn't answer any questions.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 07:00:04 AM »

Video of tips from jr...

http://www.news4jax.com/video/18763765/index.html

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.