March 28, 2024, 04:10:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA:  (Read 29891 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »

Haleigh: 21 days and counting

Published: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 12:59 AM EST
Palatka Daily News

Haleigh Cummings vanished from her Satsuma home three weeks ago.

Despite a massive search and criminal investigation, no sign of the 5-year-old kindergartner has been found.

Officials on Monday continued their practice of not discussing the results of the investigation by county, state and federal authorities.

"There is nothing new to report," Capt. Dick Shauland, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Monday.

Haleigh was last seen the night of Feb. 9 and reported missing from her bed the next day at 3:27 a.m.

Bloodhounds reportedly tracked Haleigh to the St. Johns River near her home in South Putnam County. Extensive searches of the river and marshland around the Cummings home came up empty.

"It appears she disappeared," Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said Monday afternoon. "My baby was here and then she wasn't."

Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, told authorities she last saw the girl sleeping. At different points in the investigation, investigators have described Haleigh as missing, abducted and endangered.

Late last week, search teams with dogs specially trained to find human remains canvassed the area around the Cummings home. Three of those dogs "alerted" at a trash container in a neighboring subdivision, but it was believed they were reacting to a personal hygiene item found inside.

Neves said she speaks with detectives every day.

"Police say they are following leads and doing the best they can," she said.

Meanwhile, there were signs the neighborhood is slowly returning to normal. It was noticeable what is no longer there.

For instance, the yellow and black crime scene tape that surrounded the Cummings home is gone, as are the nearly constant stationing of a patrol car and command post.

Even the number of television station trucks has diminished.

As relatives met with reporters, one neighbor was out walking a dog.

Haleigh's family, however, is maintaining its vigil on Tyler Street in tents and a camper parked in a home's front yard despite the chilly nights. Maternal-side relatives and friends man a second site near Buffalo Bluff Road.

"My mom and my cousin and grandpa stayed last night," Neves said.

Candlelight vigils have been held nightly.

"Ronald had a meltdown last night. I actually left him with a pastor last night," Neves said. "He broke down and it's hard."

Neves said she was unable to go back to her son's house after she saw Haleigh's bicycle parked outside.

"I went back and saw her bike and couldn't go inside," she said. "It's just too hard."

Putnam County authorities say they have received about 2,000 tips about the Haleigh Cummings case.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida at (888) 277-8477. Tips also may be submitted online at westopcrime.com or by text message at tips231 and send to crimes.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »

The Latest on the Search for Haleigh Cummings: March 04/2009

The family of Haleigh Cummings, along with father, Ronald Cummings, continue to hold vigils every night since the five year old went missing three weeks ago. It is reported that the mobile home where Haleigh went missing from is no longer considered a crime scene, but none of the family want to return to the home.

Investigators have over 2000 tips that they are investigating. Some of the tips are coming from psychics who have done some searching and reportedly found some evidence that include Easter eggs and soda cans.

Investigators combed through two dumpsters last week after three cadaver dogs, that are only supposed to hit on human remains, indicated something inside the dumpsters. Investigators did not find anything inside the dumpsters, but it is now speculated if something was in the dumpsters prior to the search.

Investigators are said to be re-questioning family, friends and neighbours in the area. The family remains hopeful that Haleigh will be found

http://readworthynews.today.com/2009...-march-042009/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »

Search For Haleigh Enters 4th Week
Family Shares Home Video Of Missing Girl

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - As the search for Haleigh Cummings entered its third week on Monday, the missing 5-year-old's family shared a home video of the girl with the public.

They said the video was recorded about six months ago. It shows the Haleigh happy and playing with her brother and a friend.

Investigators in Putnam County have followed thousands of leads, but the family told Channel 4 that authorities said they are no closer to finding Haleigh than they were the morning of Feb. 10 -- the day an Amber Alert was issued.

"What they tell me is they're working the leads that they have. I'm hoping that goes somewhere," said Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves.

On Monday, a tip led investigator to a mobile home just down the road from the home from Haleigh was last seen. The homeowner there said detectives questioned him about a doorbell.

"It was just another tip they're following up on, which is good. They have to follow up on every tip. The only thing everybody cares about is this child that's missing, so it's not any inconvenience to me or my family. They're more than welcome to come any time they need to. A tip is a tip," said neighbor Marty Hubbard.

He said the investigators were looking specifically for a doorbell that chimed like a grandfather clock, and that some tip or lead led them to his house. Hubbard said he doesn't have a doorbell.

Investigators said they would continuing to do what they've done since Haleigh disappeared 21 days ago -- follow up on new tips.

Anyone who has any information that could help find Haleigh is asked to call Crimestoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29473829/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »

Missing Girl's Mom Asked To Move Campsite

Family Releases Video To Help Identify Missing Girl

POSTED: Wednesday, March 4, 2009
UPDATED: 12:39 pm EST March 4, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- As the search for Haleigh Cummings entered its fourth week on Tuesday, her mother has been asked to move the tented compound where her family has lived while waiting for any news.

For 23 days, Crystal Sheffield's family has camped out along the road leading to the mobile home where the 5-year-old disappeared in the middle of the night. They are committed to being there so she can embrace Haleigh the moment police drive up with her daughter.

"I got really upset -- I cried -- because I just want to be close," Sheffield said Wednesday morning.

Her family is hoping to relocate her tent compound about one-quarter mile up the road where the group Texas Equusearch was set up two weeks earlier while there was an active search of the area.

The family of Haleigh's father -- the girl's parents were never married and have been separated for years -- remains camped in a different place and has the property owner's permission to stay.

Both family tents have become a makeshift tributes to Haleigh -- with dozens of photos, stuffed animals and messages left by friends and strangers who have come by to show their support.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18850854/detail.html#-

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

Misty Croslin's Family Points Finger at Relative
Created: 3/4/2009 5:53:30 PM Updated: 3/4/2009 5:53:30 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Twenty-three days into their investigation, law enforcement officers are still trying to find Haleigh Cummings.

The five-year-old was last seen when her father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, says she put her to bed.

Investigators have not fingered a suspect, but today members of Croslin's family spoke out about the search.

Croslin's mom and dad, Lisa and Hank, spoke out about a 19-year-old cousin who lives in Tennessee. His name is Joe. We are not identifying his last name because police have not named him a suspect in the case.

Police confirm the FBI has talked to Joe. Croslin's father says he spoke to police about the teenager on Tuesday. "I was into the police station yesterday telling them everything. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying, but ya know. I don't know what else to do."

The First Coast News I-team has found Joe's myspace page. The last posting on his site is from February 22, 2009.

A friend by the name of Thomas told Joe, "Just go back down there and help find the lil girl it just might clear your name."

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.

A week and a half ago, when police were asked if Joe was a suspect police said, "The one in Tennessee? No, he is not at all."

But then later, police changed their comment to no one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

"The way I understand it, they're not ruling them out. I don't want to get in trouble for things I say, I don't know. The police is doing their jobs," says Hank Croslin.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...132845&catid=3

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

Investigators Say Haleigh's Case Not 'Cold'

WJXT-TV
updated 1 hour, 45 minutes ago

SATSUMA, Fla. - Twenty-three days after the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, Putnam County authorities assured the child's family the case is not cold.

"It's not a dead case or a cold case. There are all kinds of leads still coming in, and there's all kinds of information to follow up on. It will not be a cold case as long as there's investigative evidence to be followed," said Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

He said more than 2,300 tips have come in but unfortunately none have led to Haleigh.

"The piece of info that's going to come and lead us to her we haven't found it. That's all there is to it," Schauland said.

He said no one is considered a suspect or a person of interest in the case because "We don't know what the crime is. All we know is that Haleigh is missing. Let me assure you that no one is out of the mix."

On Wednesday, anyone who had been inside the Cummings' home was asked to give a DNA sample. Police called it a routine part of their investigation.

Also on Wednesday, the parents of Misty Croslin, the last person to see Haleigh before the child was reported missing, told Channel 4 they are still suspicious about a cousin in Tennessee who had been in Satsuma around the time Haleigh went missing.

When police were asked about those concerns they said again that no one is a suspect and no one has been ruled out.

As the search for Haleigh Cummings entered its fourth week on Tuesday, her mother has been asked to move the tented compound where her family has lived while waiting for any news about the girl.

For 23 days, Crystal Sheffield's family has camped out along the road leading to the mobile home where the 5-year-old disappeared in the middle of the night. They are committed to being there so she can embrace Haleigh the moment police drive up with her daughter.

"I got really upset -- I cried -- because I just want to be close," Sheffield said Wednesday morning.

Her family is hoping to relocate her tent compound about one-quarter mile up the road where the group Texas Equusearch was set up two weeks earlier while there was an active search of the area.

The family of Haleigh's father -- the girl's parents were never married and have been separated for years -- remains camped in a different place and has the property owner's permission to stay.

Both family tents have become a makeshift tributes to Haleigh -- with dozens of photos, stuffed animals and messages left by friends and strangers who have come by to show their support.

Family Tries To Keep Haleigh In Public Eye

As the search for Haleigh continues into a fourth week and the number of new leads in the case dwindles, her family is doing what they can to keep the public thinking about and looking for the missing girl.

"Please look around at your neighbors because somebody out there is a neighbor who has a child that does not belong to them. She is our baby girl and if you could just see her, call it in. We would really appreciate any help," said Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves.

Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI have followed thousands of leads, but the family told Channel 4 that authorities said they are no closer to finding Haleigh than they were on Feb. 10 -- the morning she was reported missing and an Amber Alert was issued.

"The piece of information that's going to lead us to her, we haven't found it," Schauland said on Wednesday.

Haleigh's family on Tuesday released more photos and home video of the kindergartner and set up a Facebook page to help get her story before more people.

While the sheriff's office released the mobile home where Haleigh disappeared back to the family earlier this week, most members of the family can't bring themselves to go inside. The missing girl's grandfather, Lester Cummings, said he went inside to get some clothes for his son, Ronald, but everybody else breaks down before they get to the porch.

Last weekend, the Hide Away Bar suspended its annual bike week events to raise money for Haleigh Cummings instead. Organizers at the Putnam County bar said that they hoped that their fundraiser would bring in more tips for investigators.

Anyone who has any information that could help find Haleigh is asked to call Crimestoppers at 888-277-TIPS. A reward of $25,500 was available for information leading to her recovery or the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29509960/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »

Caylee Anthony, Haleigh Cummings: Cases' key similarities, differences

Helen Eckinger |Sentinel Staff Writer March 5, 2009

The day everyone said goodbye to Caylee Marie Anthony, the world learned about another missing little girl.

So TV trucks rolled from the 2-year-old's memorial in Orlando to a double-wide trailer about 80 miles away in Putnam County — the place where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings was last seen alive.

"It was déjà vu all over again," said Bob Longo, news director for WESH-Channel 2.

During the following days, the pack of satellite trucks parked near Haleigh Cummings' home in tiny Satsuma rivaled the media turnout after Caylee's remains were found in December near her home in east Orange County.

But soon, reporters on the latest missing-little-girl story began leaving Satsuma.

It wasn't déjà vu after all.

Haleigh's story is fading after three weeks, but the Anthony saga has remained in the headlines for almost eight months.

The contrast between the tents and trailer in Satsuma where Haleigh's family pleaded for her return and the Anthonys' suburban home points to one of the reasons Haleigh's story is fading from the headlines, said Roy Peter Clark, senior scholar at the Poynter Institute.

"I think the greatest difference between the Caylee story and the Haleigh story is social class," said Clark, whose institute is a school for journalists in St. Petersburg. "I don't believe that working-class Americans get a very fair shake in the news media in general."

Only a handful of reporters remain in this isolated community north of the Ocala National Forest — even though investigators said Haleigh was abducted and they think she is alive.

Expect more coverage in the months leading up to October's trial for Caylee's 22-year-old mother, Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter.

"Any missing child is a tragedy and a cause for great alarm and concern," said Bob Jordan, news director for WFTV-Channel 9. "Every one of those kids is news, but that does not translate into equal news interest."

Strange twists stand out

The Anthony case has all the elements and more of the kind of stories guaranteed to draw an audience: sex, crime and general interest, said Paul Lachelier, an assistant professor of sociology at Stetson University.

Photos of a scantily clad Casey Anthony, reports about her romantic life and the stories she told about a nanny who abducted her daughter — a story investigators don't believe — are drawing readers.

So are other details, including the serious charges against the young mother, frequent courtroom battles and the behavior of her parents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The photos and videos of Caylee also captivate viewers.

The case also has provided bizarre twists and turns, beginning when Casey Anthony was arrested after claiming Caylee had been missing for 30days.

"When she was questioned about that, her effect was so flat and unemotional that it called our human experience into question," veteran Orlando defense attorney Cheney Mason said.

Then, Mason said, a "circus" ensued: California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla injected himself into the situation. Casey Anthony was in and out of jail. Protesters routinely amassed outside the Anthony home demanding justice.

"There is constant fuel for the fire," Mason said.

The Haleigh case hasn't offered as many twists and turns. News crews scrambled recently after cadaver dogs hit on a scent in a dumpster. But the container was searched and nothing was found.

Most media coverage of Haleigh's disappearance has revolved around her family's pleas for her safe return.

Fewer leaks, less to say

Law enforcement has released little information about its investigation into Haleigh's disappearance, unlike the Caylee case, which was marked by frequent news conferences and leaks from insiders.

"The return of Haleigh is the most important thing, but we also have a crime involved somewhere with her disappearance," Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said.

"We're trying not to jeopardize the criminal investigation or possible future prosecution."

For Orlando media, coverage also has been hampered because Satsuma is far away — a two-hour drive for some — and because Putnam County isn't considered part of its market.

Jordan, WFTV's news director, and Steve Hyvonen, news director for WKMG-Channel 6, had different opinions about the Anthony case: Hyvonen said that the story continues to generate strong ratings and that WKMG viewers are clamoring for more coverage, while Jordan said his station is no longer seeing the rating spikes that occurred early on in the case, and that he thinks viewers might be getting sick of the story.

The directors said their stations have received little viewer feedback about the Haleigh story.

"We have been up there just because it's such a significant story," Hyvonen said.

"But as each day goes by without a new development, it get a little lower as far as where it plays in the newscast."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7504565.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2009, 03:28:19 PM »

Father: 'Please Have A Heart, Let My Daughter Come Home'

WJXT-TV
updated 1:46 a.m. ET March 5, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. - As the search for his daughter dragged on into a fourth week, Ronald Cummings said he has been pulling closer to his family as they hold onto hope.
Haleigh's father spoke out publicly Wednesday night for the first time in nearly a week. While the disappearance of the little girl has been unbelievably difficult for her entire family, it has been especially hard on her father, who said each passing day gets worse.
Cummings said dealing with the disappearance of Haleigh is too much to bear.
"I've been spending all of my time with my son and the people who care most about me," Cummings said.
He said he finds comfort in being with loved ones, especially those from his church.
On Wednesday, he said he was working on finding a new place to call home because the home where he lived with Haleigh is filled with too many happy memories.
"I have to find somewhere else to live. I don’t want to go back down there. I'm going to send someone from my family or pay somebody -- something is going to happen and they're going to move the stuff from there. I can't do it," Cummings said.
He also said he can't stand not knowing what happened to his 5-year-old daughter. The pain, he said, doesn't compare to anything else. All he wants is for Haleigh to come home.
"If I could say anything to the perpetrator or perpetrators -- please have a heart and let my daughter come home to her family. We do very much love her and miss her," Cummings said. "Baby, I love you and you'll always be with me. I pray for you every night and I believe you'll come home to me."
Investigators Say Haleigh's Case Not 'Cold'
Twenty-three days after the disappearance of Haleigh, Putnam County authorities assured the child's family the case is not cold.
"It's not a dead case or a cold case. There are all kinds of leads still coming in, and there's all kinds of information to follow up on. It will not be a cold case as long as there's investigative evidence to be followed," said Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
He said the case has generated more than 2,300 tips.
"The piece of info that's going to come and lead us to her we haven't found it. That's all there is to it," Schauland said.
He said no one is considered a suspect or a person of interest in the case because "We don't know what the crime is. All we know is that Haleigh is missing. Let me assure you that no one is out of the mix."
On Wednesday, anyone who had been inside the Cummings' home was asked to give a DNA sample. Police called it a routine part of their investigation.
Also on Wednesday, the parents of Misty Croslin, the last person to see Haleigh before the child was reported missing, told Channel 4 they are still suspicious about a cousin in Tennessee who had been in Satsuma around the time Haleigh went missing.
When police were asked about those concerns they said again that no one is a suspect and no one has been ruled out.
As the search for Haleigh Cummings entered its fourth week on Tuesday, her mother has been asked to move the tented compound where her family has lived while waiting for any news about the girl.
Family Tries To Keep Haleigh In Public Eye
As the search for Haleigh continues into a fourth week and the number of new leads in the case dwindles, her family is doing what they can to keep the public thinking about and looking for the missing girl.
"Please look around at your neighbors because somebody out there is a neighbor who has a child that does not belong to them. She is our baby girl and if you could just see her, call it in. We would really appreciate any help," said Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves.
Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI have followed thousands of leads, but the family told Channel 4 that authorities said they are no closer to finding Haleigh than they were on Feb. 10 -- the morning she was reported missing and an Amber Alert was issued.
"The piece of information that's going to lead us to her, we haven't found it," Schauland said on Wednesday.
Haleigh's family on Tuesday released more photos and home video of the kindergartner and set up a
Facebook page
to help get her story before more people.
While the sheriff's office released the mobile home where Haleigh disappeared back to the family earlier this week, most members of the family can't bring themselves to go inside. The missing girl's grandfather, Lester Cummings, said he went inside to get some clothes for his son, Ronald, but everybody else breaks down before they get to the porch.
Last weekend, the Hide Away Bar suspended its annual bike week events to raise money for Haleigh Cummings instead. Organizers at the Putnam County bar said that they hoped that their fundraiser would bring in more tips for investigators.
Anyone who has any information that could help find Haleigh is asked to call Crimestoppers at 888-277-TIPS. A reward of $25,500 was available for information leading to her recovery or the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29509960/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »

Developing Story: First Look Inside Haleigh's Home
Posted By: Jennifer Lindgren     Created: 3/6/2009 12:05:26 PM    Updated: 3/6/2009 1:53:03 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- News crews are now getting the first pictures from inside the home where Haleigh Cummings slept on the night she vanished almost four weeks ago.

The home at 202 Green Lane had been sealed since Haleigh disappeared up until February 26 when investigators released the home back to her family.

Now, we're seeing the bed where Misty Croslin said she put Haleigh down to sleep around 8 p.m. on February 9.

The tiny bed is just feet from where Croslin said she and Haleigh's younger brother slept.

Haleigh's Christmas stocking is still hanging on the wall, along with some of her baby pictures.

Last night, family members went back into the home for the first time to gather some personal belongings.

The family of Ronald Cummings wanted to show the house to keep the search for Haleigh alive.

Not far from Haleigh's home, the Spur Saloon is doing what it can to help the little girl's family.

The saloon is collecting money from patrons between Thursday and Saturday nights until Haleigh comes home.

The owners of the saloon set out several large, empty water jugs for people to drop money into. The saloon also won't charge people a cover. Several hundred people visited the saloon Thursday night and left plenty of donations.

The Spur Saloon is located at 101 10th street in Palatka, and it's open from Noon to 2 a.m.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=133019&catid=17
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:37:17 PM by Blonde » Logged

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »

Reminders of missing girl throughout home

By Chris DeVitto
Published: Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:30 AM EST
SATSUMA - Christmas toys that were never assembled still wait on the porch of the mobile home where Haleigh Cummings disappeared last month.

Inside the home Friday, the mess caused during the investigation was cleaned up. Annette Sykes, Haleigh's paternal great-grandmother, showed reporters photos of Haleigh and her father, Ronald, that were on the walls of the family room.

As she walked through Ronald Jr.'s room, she said Haleigh and her brother often played together.

"They played in both rooms depending on what they were going to play," she said. "If they were going to play girlie things they would play in Haleigh's room. If they were going to play with cars and trucks they would play in Junior's room."

In Haleigh's room, her favorite things - makeup and fingernail polish - remain on the 5-year-old girl's dresser.

"She loved Hannah Montana," she said.

Haleigh was reported missing on Feb. 10 at 3:27 a.m. Authorities say the child was last seen the night before.

A massive search and criminal investigation appear to have yielded few results. No arrests have been made, no suspects have been identified and Haleigh remains missing.

Haleigh was being cared for by Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin.

A report by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office says Croslin last saw Haleigh about 10:30 p.m. Feb. 9 when she went to bed with the children.

"Neither of the children slept in their rooms," Sykes said Friday. "They wouldn't sleep by themselves."

In Cummings' and Croslin's room, where Haleigh slept on a small mattress next to her father's bed, her favorite DVD was still in a player next to a television above her bed.

Sykes said Croslin got up to use the bathroom about 3 a.m. Feb. 10 and Haleigh was missing. Sykes walked to a door that leads from the kitchen through a laundry room and to a side door.

"This is the door, the back door where they took her out," she said. "You have to push on the door really hard because that's the way they put it in there. A block had the screen door propped open and the back door was wide open."

The side door was rarely used by Cummings, Sykes said.

"The only time this door was open was when they washed and vacuumed the car, because this door was so hard to open," she said.

Meanwhile, the tent and camper set up in front of a home on Tyler Street where the Cummings family has maintained a vigil for Haleigh will be removed by order of the county, Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said.

"You can have a 14-day permit, but campers and tents are only allowed in campgrounds," she said Friday.

"Basically they said we are breaking the law because we are not in a campground."

She said she was hoping there would be enough parking at her mother's house in Welaka so the family could move the tent there.

"I think we will have the vigil Sunday at 5:30 p.m. then move Sunday night," she said.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.