March 28, 2024, 02:16:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #20 2/19/09 - 2/22/09  (Read 98729 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »

As I said, MT.....

I was a local moderator as a child....................

Rolling Eyes

Should I be afraid to ask??????? 

No,

I was a cute little tyke with remarkable negotiating skills...........

I decorated mudpies.

OKay, CBB, Fess up. As a child making mudpies, did you ever venture to taste one?
I made a gorgeous one once, decorated it with quince blossom petals and all,and took a BIG BITE.
AT the moment my Mother came screeching out of the house to make me spit it all out. I was devastated. 

I have the same memory!!    

ROFLMAO!!!  ANd they looked SO pretty, pretty enough to eat!!!   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »

None, thanks for the advice on my vanishing CD Rom.  It says Code 10 error that it cannot start.  HP website pretends it knows nothing because the drive is made technically by Philips.  Dutch company.  That must explain it.

I will try internet forums and see if can find anything there.

Can you go to the site for Phillips? I'll google with you, see if I can find it. Persistence usually yields results unless they want you to just upgrade your drive or..........worse if it's broken and you need to replace it. That being said most ROM's pop out easily to be replaced?

I continue to stand with the girl.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »

Mytime, I think we were all watching the webcam.....Nut didn't sound too happy at that moment.      

Yeah.....and it is hard for me to read and listen at the same time while cursing out the cam. 

Nut - what is a "Global Moderator?"  Just curious while waiting for the cam to work agian.

OH NO!!! - you found it!  Yeah, I am not sure I made a big hit!! 
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »

As I said, MT.....

I was a local moderator as a child....................

Rolling Eyes

Should I be afraid to ask??????? 

No,

I was a cute little tyke with remarkable negotiating skills...........

I decorated mudpies.

OKay, CBB, Fess up. As a child making mudpies, did you ever venture to taste one?
I made a gorgeous one once, decorated it with quince blossom petals and all,and took a BIG BITE.
AT the moment my Mother came screeching out of the house to make me spit it all out. I was devastated. 

Oh! I knew we were sistahs!!   

I preferred the buttercup flavor myself, but must say, my Mother wasn't as attentive!

She should have dewormed me along with the dogs!   Rolling Eyes

OMG< I know! I wonder what all we ate with those mudpies? lol
Buttercup..now that sounds good!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

None, thanks for the advice on my vanishing CD Rom.  It says Code 10 error that it cannot start.  HP website pretends it knows nothing because the drive is made technically by Philips.  Dutch company.  That must explain it.

I will try internet forums and see if can find anything there.

Can you go to the site for Phillips? I'll google with you, see if I can find it. Persistence usually yields results unless they want you to just upgrade your drive or..........worse if it's broken and you need to replace it. That being said most ROM's pop out easily to be replaced?

Did you check to see if it is loose?  I had one work loose and my son secured it and wala - laptop knew it had a cd rom again!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »

When I was a little kid, I must have overwhelmed my family or something.  They would let me do most anything as long as I was quiet.

When I made mudpies, I would get in the fridge and get real eggs and stuff.  They would set up like cement then, haha.

Jam on top, etc.  And used to eat butter.  Like a candy bar.

Was real skinny too for some reason.

Anyway, just remembered that when Art said she tried to eat one of her mudpies.  I had a cousin who ate dirt but his family was told was magnesium deficiency.  He would eat out of flower pots even.

Then here in the south we have clay eaters as we have pure white clay like white chocolate.  Unfortunately it is the stuff they make Kaopectate from so you can guess what that does to kids that eat it.

Just rambling.  Or musing.

I could play with whatever the older sister didn't want to play with - she didn't know Barney said caring is sharing 

We used to play a game where she was the Earth Mother, sat up on top of our front steps and we little people made our requests for her to turn us into an animal. One day she made me a buzzard and told me to go sit on top of a huge shrub as my nest?  I did it, stupid me. Sat down and fell backwards into the ditch that ran in front of the house and yes there was a foot of mud in the bottom of it. I recall my mother yanked me out by my feet and threw me under the outdoor hose 

That being said, did anyone here ever successfully bake anything to done in an Easy Bake Oven?

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2009, 03:45:26 PM »

When I was a little kid, I must have overwhelmed my family or something.  They would let me do most anything as long as I was quiet.

When I made mudpies, I would get in the fridge and get real eggs and stuff.  They would set up like cement then, haha.

Anyway, just remembered that when Art said she tried to eat one of her mudpies.  I had a cousin who ate dirt but his family was told was magnesium deficiency.  He would eat out of flower pots even.

Then here in the south we have clay eaters as we have pure white clay like white chocolate.  Unfortunately it is the stuff they make Kaopectate from so you can guess what that does to kids that eat it.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: February 19, 2009, 03:45:39 PM »

OH Anna, so glad my mudpies weren't made of that white clay! ROFLMAO
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »

I could play with whatever the older sister didn't want to play with - she didn't know Barney said caring is sharing 

We used to play a game where she was the Earth Mother, sat up on top of our front steps and we little people made our requests for her to turn us into an animal. One day she made me a buzzard and told me to go sit on top of a huge shrub as my nest?  I did it, stupid me. Sat down and fell backwards into the ditch that ran in front of the house and yes there was a foot of mud in the bottom of it. I recall my mother yanked me out by my feet and threw me under the outdoor hose 

That being said, did anyone here ever successfully bake anything to done in an Easy Bake Oven?

Hmmm .I had an older sister like that too. Real PIA, lol, and I was REAL gullible.

Bet your Mother didn't appreciate that mudbath you had, lol
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2009, 03:54:19 PM »

No Art, my mother is truly OCD so she did NOT appreciate it  I may have even gotten a swat or two for being too gullible 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2009, 03:57:53 PM »

Here is my last comment on the subject!

I have complete admiration for all of you that have dedicated yourself for the Justice Of Natalee over the years!!  It has been a roll a coaster of a journey!  There has to be something good in all of you - to have your hearts be so touched by this and for that I chose to see mostly very caring, decent people!!

I pray that Natalee and her family get the jutice they so desperately deserve!!

I think your all to familiar with the way GM works.No?To continue to bash SM and the way it operates is utterly disrespectful.Then to come here and post after you badmouth SM!I can not,nor will not respect people who associate themselves with stuff like that!PERIOD....People can't have it both ways...

I am not!!  I have been trying to learn here as well!  Please look at when I joined and how many posts I have there.  I was asked to join but a close friend - whose name I have never seen mentioned in a deflamatory way - by anyone!

I have never heard her say anything bad about Klaas!  I have heard her upset how several on all sides have been attacked, because this does not help the cause for Justice for Natalee.

All this way so new to me!  I have already made one big mistake by joing CnG and fear I may being making another one -as a few there - have made it known - that they don't want me there - and I have not sure I want to get involved with all that drama, although I don't like being bullied and will usually not allow anyone to try an intimidate me!!

I am here - with no hidden agendas!  I have been as honest as humanly possible!  I have tried to make ammends for being so stupid!! So, Please don't make assumptions about me!!

Also, I too have friends still on the memebrship list of CnG!  Just because they are on there, does not mean they are still members!!  They may have joined mistakenly and have chose not to bother to have their account deleted!  I sincerely hope they are not judged too!!

It's just my own opinion mytime.I understand that you've been honest and forthright with many things and it is appreciated.As for people associating themselves with such garbage at both sites(CnG and GM).I find it appalling and disrespectful,to say the least,to come post at SM when you post at those sights.I take no issue with you mytime unless you continue to uphold those that either post,and or associate themselves with such garbage at either sight.It's just my opinion!

KEEPTHEFAITH

KTF - I 100% agree with your opinion about CnG!!  I don't want anything to do with anyone that is an active poster there!!  I will not judge anyone by the membership list though!  I made that mistake already withouth realizing it!  I did so with no malice intentions!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2009, 04:04:56 PM »

I have complete admiration for all of you that have dedicated yourself for the Justice Of Natalee over the years!!  It has been a roll a coaster of a journey!  There has to be something good in all of you - to have your hearts be so touched by this and for that I chose to see mostly very caring, decent people!!

I think your all to familiar with the way GM works.No?To continue to bash SM and the way it operates is utterly disrespectful.Then to come here and post after you badmouth SM!I can not,nor will not respect people who associate themselves with stuff like that!PERIOD....People can't have it both ways...

I am not!!  I have been trying to learn here as well!  Please look at when I joined and how many posts I have there.  I was asked to join but a close friend - whose name I have never seen mentioned in a deflamatory way - by anyone!

I have never heard her say anything bad about Klaas!  I have heard her upset how several on all sides have been attacked, because this does not help the cause for Justice for Natalee.

All this way so new to me!  I have already made one big mistake by joing CnG and fear I may being making another one -as a few there - have made it known - that they don't want me there - and I have not sure I want to get involved with all that drama, although I don't like being bullied and will usually not allow anyone to try an intimidate me!!

I am here - with no hidden agendas!  I have been as honest as humanly possible!  I have tried to make ammends for being so stupid!! So, Please don't make assumptions about me!!

Also, I too have friends still on the memebrship list of CnG!  Just because they are on there, does not mean they are still members!!  They may have joined mistakenly and have chose not to bother to have their account deleted!  I sincerely hope they are not judged too!!

It's just my own opinion mytime.I understand that you've been honest and forthright with many things and it is appreciated.As for people associating themselves with such garbage at both sites(CnG and GM).I find it appalling and disrespectful,to say the least,to come post at SM when you post at those sights.I take no issue with you mytime unless you continue to uphold those that either post,and or associate themselves with such garbage at either sight.It's just my opinion!

KEEPTHEFAITH

KTF - I 100% agree with your opinion about CnG!!  I don't want anything to do with anyone that is an active poster there!!  I will not judge anyone by the membership list though!  I made that mistake already withouth realizing it!  I did so with no malice intentions!

I will continue to try to keep an open mind about that one!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »

No Art, my mother is truly OCD so she did NOT appreciate it  I may have even gotten a swat or two for being too gullible 

None -is she truly OCD? Is this a senstative issue for you?  The reason I am asking is because we all like to tease Jackie about having it - of course - we diagnosed her!! LOL

My husband says I have it too because I am such a neat freak!!

That is what I do!  I make jokes about things that bother me!  Right now, in my own life, I have some real serious things going on!  I have cried, I have been angry, now I joke!!  It is my way of dealing with things!!  It is not meant to hurt or disrespect anybody!! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »

KEEPTHEFAITH

Honestly, some have been invited and have no idea what is all going on still - mostly because they don't go there!!  And we are having trouble contacting some, as well.  One woman in particular husband is very sick!!  I am not going to bother her right now - with this stuff! She has more important things going on in her life right now!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhODBFQ2-bQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhODBFQ2-bQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:04 PM »

Hmmm .I had an older sister like that too. Real PIA, lol, and I was REAL gullible.

Bet your Mother didn't appreciate that mudbath you had, lol

OMG!!  I have an older sister too that was real PIA!! - 3yrs older and she still tries to boss me around!!  LOL
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:37 PM »

None -is she truly OCD? Is this a senstative issue for you?  The reason I am asking is because we all like to tease Jackie about having it - of course - we diagnosed her!! LOL

My husband says I have it too because I am such a neat freak!!

That is what I do!  I make jokes about things that bother me!  Right now, in my own life, I have some real serious things going on!  I have cried, I have been angry, now I joke!!  It is my way of dealing with things!!  It is not meant to hurt or disrespect anybody!! 

She is, it impacts in only certain ways such as washing her hands incessantly, refusing to use any public restroom, not touching door knobs, etc due to fear of germs. She tends to be a borderline hoarder too at times, but it's selective and not sweeping across all areas. She's also very noble, very proud, and very bright. I have no greater champion or critic, sword cuts both ways 

I tended to need to have control until I had kids, I've always worked so at that point, I just had to let go of any neurosis to survive  I also married the biggest slob ever but then when I divorced him, I can't say I became immaculate either. I think I am somewhere in the middle.

I know this will make you laugh being the child of a police captain, my friends as they became teens used to laugh about how we could never sneak out from my house. When they spent the night, often my mother would be up and the wee hours on a whim vacuuming 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »

KEEPTHEFAITH

Honestly, some have been invited and have no idea what is all going on still - mostly because they don't go there!!  And we are having trouble contacting some, as well.  One woman in particular husband is very sick!!  I am not going to bother her right now - with this stuff! She has more important things going on in her life right now!!

At GM you should be fully aware as it's posted for all to see.Take a gander at the way they are even talking about None's son dressing up like a cheerleader!If that's the type of company people want to keep.No friends of mine!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhODBFQ2-bQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhODBFQ2-bQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

AW...THAT was CUTE! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »

Klaas

Did you just come from the dentist - by any chance??   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.