June 16, 2024, 07:46:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #20 2/19/09 - 2/22/09  (Read 101565 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:38 PM »

Wendi just posted over in the Caylee thread! 

ya'll i'm sorry. i have posted in musings several times tonite & it keeps erasing it. will make it short & then go back to musings to finish. THANK YOU all monkeys, i am not mad at any of you! just got home from hosp. (had several seizures) i can tell you more in musings, cause this is not the place! i love all ya'll. i was mad at IM at first but not anymore. also, i am so sorry for causing anyone worry or stress. i will go back & post in musings! I AM SO SORRY! please forgive me, ya'll did not deserve what i did to ya'll.

luv, wendi
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: February 20, 2009, 10:11:09 PM »

Blurry - From my own personal experience with people like you are talking about, it's a way of life handed down through the generations.  I don't know what it would take to actually help some of them to see a better way of living.  My family & I personally tried in every way possible to help someone like that since it affected/affects someone I love with all my heart, but no help of any kind was wanted or accepted.  When they grow up in their particular family situations, it's how they think things are supposed to be and it seems like they can't - or won't - thnk outside the box.  They just keep on wallowing. 

I guess it sounds like we're both talking in riddles but I think I know who/what you're talking about.  I'm just not naming names because it sounds like you're uncomfortable with that, but I think it's ok to do that here.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #602 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »

Can I get O/T on the O/T thread? If anyone finds me annoying or thinks I'm not appropriate, I understand and apologize. I will probably get banned after this but I can't help it.

I just have to say, I have been reading a ton and it's sending me into despair. I'm too upset to phrase specifics nicely, so I won't even try.

I just get so tired of people acting manipulatively, trashy, greedy, slutty, and etc. (God forgive me, please, for being judgmental), and having things go their way. We can all decide who I might be referring to (NOT fellow posters).

I have never been married and have never had a child. This is not from lack of interest, and I have had proposals. I thought I was doing the right thing by declining those I knew I'd divorce, but maybe I was wrong. It is not too late for me, but the more I read, the more I feel that there is something fundamentally flawed with me, if the folks I'm reading about are breeding like rabbits all over Florida.

I do have the smidgen of self-esteem left to realize the ones who are troubling me so much are not smarter than me, not better educated, not in a better place to create a happy family life, not more attractive than me, etc. 

Sorry--I'm being wordy and mean. I pray for good resolutions to all these problems. Maybe I'm just not a nice enough monkey to be of any help.
Blurry. There is nothing flawed with you. You will find someone, don't look for him. He will pop out of thin air and sweep you off your little blurry monkey feet.

Now when you get as old as I am, it may get harder, but I am older than the hills. But I have a lady at work from Haiti that prays that the right man will drop out of the sky and land on top of me. I told her I just hope it is Santa Claus because Santa brings presents! Cheer up, email me if you want.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: February 20, 2009, 10:23:00 PM »

Blurry. There is nothing flawed with you. You will find someone, don't look for him. He will pop out of thin air and sweep you off your little blurry monkey feet.

Now when you get as old as I am, it may get harder, but I am older than the hills. But I have a lady at work from Haiti that prays that the right man will drop out of the sky and land on top of me. I told her I just hope it is Santa Claus because Santa brings presents! Cheer up, email me if you want.
[/quote]

Then again, maybe I have no idea what Blurry is talking about since I seem to be on a different page from this post.   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »

Can I get O/T on the O/T thread? If anyone finds me annoying or thinks I'm not appropriate, I understand and apologize. I will probably get banned after this but I can't help it.

I just have to say, I have been reading a ton and it's sending me into despair. I'm too upset to phrase specifics nicely, so I won't even try.

I just get so tired of people acting manipulatively, trashy, greedy, slutty, and etc. (God forgive me, please, for being judgmental), and having things go their way. We can all decide who I might be referring to (NOT fellow posters).

I have never been married and have never had a child. This is not from lack of interest, and I have had proposals. I thought I was doing the right thing by declining those I knew I'd divorce, but maybe I was wrong. It is not too late for me, but the more I read, the more I feel that there is something fundamentally flawed with me, if the folks I'm reading about are breeding like rabbits all over Florida.

I do have the smidgen of self-esteem left to realize the ones who are troubling me so much are not smarter than me, not better educated, not in a better place to create a happy family life, not more attractive than me, etc. 

Sorry--I'm being wordy and mean. I pray for good resolutions to all these problems. Maybe I'm just not a nice enough monkey to be of any help.

Blurry I know how you feel.  I was only able to have one child but always wanted another.  I get furious at the Casey Anthony's of the world or the women who throw their babies away in the trash.  I will never understand how people can be so monsterous.

Thank you, Klaas. I'm not trying to have my whiny post repeated a million times, but it really does matter to me when monkeys respond.

I am sorry for your disappointment at not having more children. We monkeys know your nurturing spirit. God works in His own ways.

I am probably grouchier than usual this evening from reading about a local case. Long story short--11 wk. old boy, finally brought into the doctor with 30 broken bones, died. His daddy's daddy has TONS of $ and influence, so now convicted abusive daddy is out on $1.5 mil. bond until 4/20. I really hope the judge yanked his passport.

In any case, I feel that KC and say, MC, are automatically desirable as they're "young." I am older than them, but I'm not old, I'm not ugly, I do have some accomplishments, and what difference does it make?

Enough. I won't touch on this again. I just feel bad but still feel I have something to offer. If I keep feeling this bad, I'll need to leave (again, NONE of this is directed at posters here, and if I do need to bail, I'll miss you guys).

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »

Blurry, I think when we spend too much time in the truly troubling threads it can wear on us, I have had to take a step back a few times in the last few days, was too much and startin to wear on me emotionally. I had to do it for like a week after caylee was found, i was way too upset, and needed to find my bearings again.

YOU ARE a good and nice monkey, or these things would NOT effect you. Just take a step back for maybe a day or more. Do stuff you truly enjoy that makes YOU happy.

as far as help goes, not much any of us can do, thats what makes it so frustrating.

BUT there is one great thing we all can do that helps..and thats pray. pray justice will be done as it should be. Pray little ones will be found unharmed. Just pray..ITS a big thing and it HELPS.

Thanks, Seamonkey. Prayer is amazingly strong. It just hurts that when I would like to help, I feel hurt at the core of who I thought I would be and who I still want to be. But I guess a jolt to my soul would be much less potent if I were crying over my softball skills (the point being, I SUCK!, and I couldn't care less!) Continued prayer will restore me, I know.
Blurry, I can help you with your softball if we are talking the great sport of softball. Played from the time I was 6 until two years ago. Fastpitch or slowpitch? I'm not making light of you, I just want you to cheer up!

Is there anything that you have ever wanted to do in your life, that you were told you couldn't do? You so remind me of myself. Try something new and different.  I was always told that I would never learn to figure skate. I always believed that, so when I turned 40, I started skate school. I knew I could do it, but I let everyone beat me down and believed that I couldn't. I signed up one day to learn to ice skate. I sat in the parking lot, drove around the block five times, then made myself go in there and pay my money. That was one of the best things I ever did. I made friends, I have gone to skate camps, skated with olympic champions all because I decided to take that one step.

Cheer up Blurry I don't like to see you sad. Email me if you still have my email addresss. JSM will always be here for you!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »

Klaas -  you were even funny back then!  (I had to go look!!)

ONE MORE COMMENT ABOUT DARLEEN, PEARLS, TIARA'S, ETC AND I'M GOING TO MOVE ALL THOSE POSTS INTO THE MONKEY LOUNGE.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:12 PM »

Blurry I know how you feel.  I was only able to have one child but always wanted another.  I get furious at the Casey Anthony's of the world or the women who throw their babies away in the trash.  I will never understand how people can be so monsterous.

Thank you, Klaas. I'm not trying to have my whiny post repeated a million times, but it really does matter to me when monkeys respond.

I am sorry for your disappointment at not having more children. We monkeys know your nurturing spirit. God works in His own ways.

I am probably grouchier than usual this evening from reading about a local case. Long story short--11 wk. old boy, finally brought into the doctor with 30 broken bones, died. His daddy's daddy has TONS of $ and influence, so now convicted abusive daddy is out on $1.5 mil. bond until 4/20. I really hope the judge yanked his passport.

In any case, I feel that KC and say, MC, are automatically desirable as they're "young." I am older than them, but I'm not old, I'm not ugly, I do have some accomplishments, and what difference does it make?

Enough. I won't touch on this again. I just feel bad but still feel I have something to offer. If I keep feeling this bad, I'll need to leave (again, NONE of this is directed at posters here, and if I do need to bail, I'll miss you guys).

Blurry I dont know exactly what you are saying, but you know I am one one the people who got exactly what she wished for, I mean to a T, and now, and now, after all is said and done........well let me just say there is a place in the Bible, I dont know exactly how it is worded, but it says it is better not to be married, but if you have to go ahead......  sometimes I think there is just other things planned for us that we dont know about, but if we just kept asking and asking God for what we think we need, he will give it to us and then, you know.......................................................

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: February 20, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »

ONE MORE COMMENT ABOUT DARLEEN, PEARLS, TIARA'S, ETC AND I'M GOING TO MOVE ALL THOSE POSTS INTO THE MONKEY LOUNGE.
Who is Darleen Mytime? JSM doesn't know that person. Is she related to Joy Wray? TIA JSM

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: February 20, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »

Klaas ~ Could you please check your sm email. 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #610 on: February 20, 2009, 10:43:43 PM »

Who is Darleen Mytime? JSM doesn't know that person. Is she related to Joy Wray? TIA JSM
She is an old poster from the NH thread!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:09 PM »

No she is an OLD poster from back in 2005.  She was eventually banned.

The DOA at GM may not really be her anyway, doesn't sound like her.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »

Klaas ~ Could you please check your sm email. 

Done
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »

Klaas ~  Embarassed
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: February 20, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »

Klaas ~  Embarassed

i just love what CBB did with your avatar! 
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #615 on: February 20, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »

Klaas ~  Embarassed
i just love what CBB did with your avatar! 
Thanks, I told CBB how proud I am, AND how I appreciated your posting (?) it for me.  It just looks great.
I think it's only the fourth time I've ever dressed up around here.  I might get used to it.
hee.
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #616 on: February 20, 2009, 10:56:08 PM »

Ok, I'm condensing this, b/c it's time for the night crew silliness to crank up,  and I've taken up too much space:

Thanks to EVERYMONKEY who sent nice messages. A few of you mentioned you didn't know what I was talking about--could you be more specific so I can write more clearly in the future?

Any who have responded tonight--e-mails are good with me. BUT--I'm fighting with Yahoo!, big time. I'll set up a throwaway addy tomorrow if possible or change my addy with Klaas.

JSM--If you call yourself old again you will receive a batch of from me like you have never seen. Even Joe may not be pleased. I am younger than you, but not by much. I have 5 months and <10 days before a BEEEG birthday. Nuff said.

Thanks again, everyone. You did cheer me up.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: February 20, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »

Blurry ~ I'm not a big poster, but always reading around the threads.  Taking a few minutes, please let me tell you a cool story.

My 47-year old brother (clinical psychologist) married a 46-year old woman (psychiatrist)...both for the first time, a couple of years ago.  They just never had found the right person, at the right time.  It is soooo wonderful. 
Both families are thrilled; everyone kept wondering how on earth they met.  Finally, they told DH and me.  It was one of those eHarmony-type things.  Never, ever would we have imagined.  Just saying that you never know when *it* will happen, or how.
Please don't stop posting...I enjoy reading what you have to say!   
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: February 20, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »

Where do we post Amber alerts?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: February 20, 2009, 11:08:28 PM »

Where do we post Amber alerts?

In the MP forum but go ahead and post the link here and I'll start a thread in Missing Persons
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.