April 30, 2024, 04:37:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #802 2/21/09 - 2/25/09  (Read 212722 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2009, 10:36:11 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Janet
7:25 AM PM

Good morning Janet!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »

Well ... early this morning (4:00 am) some loud moments ... crashing sounds ... downstairs from my youngest son's former room.  I was petrified so ... I woke my husband.  He listened for about two minutes before getting up the nerve to go down and check.  He claimed he was assessing the situation but ... I could tell he was somewhat scared too.  PRIDE!!

Anyways ... after a couple of minutes hubby called and told me to bring one of of his smaller fishing nets.  A bat had fallen down the chimney into the fireplace and was ... flying all over the room in a panic.

At the moment the creepy little creature is lying in the grass in the backyard.  I do not think it will survive the ordeal.

Hubby's project for the day.  Building a screen to block that fireplace openting.

Well ... long story short ... I could not get back to sleep and ... I do believe I am headed back to bed now to catch some shut eye.

Later, Janet
8:00 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »

Well ... early this morning (4:00 am) some loud moments ... crashing sounds ... downstairs from my youngest son's former room.  I was petrified so ... I woke my husband.  He listened for about two minutes before getting up the nerve to go down and check.  He claimed he was assessing the situation but ... I could tell he was somewhat scared too.  PRIDE!!

Anyways ... after a couple of minutes hubby called and told me to bring one of of his smaller fishing nets.  A bat had fallen down the chimney into the fireplace and was ... flying all over the room in a panic.

At the moment the creepy little creature is lying in the grass in the backyard.  I do not think it will survive the ordeal.

Hubby's project for the day.  Building a screen to block that fireplace openting.

Well ... long story short ... I could not get back to sleep and ... I do believe I am headed back to bed now to catch some shut eye.

Later, Janet

I would have been petrified too 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2009, 11:30:07 AM »

Later, Janet
Holy cow! Sounds like a job for Batman!

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2009, 11:40:21 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!

I've been in the old threads from a year ago, 2-26-08 to 3-02-08.  It's heartbreaking to read back through, really.

But, I need some help this morning...here's a quote from Silvetti posted at BFN:  "Louis Schaefer committed a very generous amount of money towards the survey and the rest of us absorbed what we could.  However, that was all based on the initial survey grid.  Once the grid tripled, obviously so did our committments."

I've not yet found any "official" explanation as to why the initial survey grid was tripled

Can anyone help me out with this?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »

Later, Janet

Wow, what a night!

See you later Janet, I hope you can get some rest.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »

I tried to sleep but ... sleep would not come.  Hubby was sawing logs which made me kindda jealous sooo .... prior to getting up again ... I gave him a shove and then ... pretended to be sleeping.  Now we are both up.  Fair is fair.

I am baaaad.  Sooo baaaad.

Anyways ... I think I will do a clean sweep of that violated room today.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!

I've been in the old threads from a year ago, 2-26-08 to 3-02-08.  It's heartbreaking to read back through, really.

But, I need some help this morning...here's a quote from Silvetti posted at BFN:  "Louis Schaefer committed a very generous amount of money towards the survey and the rest of us absorbed what we could.  However, that was all based on the initial survey grid.  Once the grid tripled, obviously so did our committments."

I've not yet found any "official" explanation as to why the initial survey grid was tripled

Can anyone help me out with this?

Wasn't there something about a statement from Deepak....and then John Silvetti and "Captain Jim Graves" went out in the dinghy to determine how far out they might have gone...?

I may have it confused.  I've been trying to look for information, but I'm backing up right now so everything is at a snail's pace.  I'm going to be out for a while, if no ones posted anything to help; I'll look more when I get back.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 12:39:20 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!Great question LifeSong.What a night Janet! Daughter had friend over so breakfast out is where it's at.As the voice of reason would say.BBL to do some searchin!

KEEPTHEFAITH

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2009, 12:41:45 PM »

I tried to sleep but ... sleep would not come.  Hubby was sawing logs which made me kindda jealous sooo .... prior to getting up again ... I gave him a shove and then ... pretended to be sleeping.  Now we are both up.  Fair is fair.

Janet

Hey, baaad is o.k.!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »

Keepthefaith ... you were missing in action last night.  Big date with your sweetie?

Next weekend hubby and I are headed down your way with three other couples from our church to see the Lion King production.  One couple is in charge of all the arrangements.  Although ... I do not know all the details ... I am excited already.

Janet
9:40 AM PT

_____

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »

Janet

Hey, baaad is o.k.!   

Janet pushing ????????

First spitting and now this??????????   

I love it ! too cute Janet, you are too cute !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »

Wasn't there something about a statement from Deepak....and then John Silvetti and "Captain Jim Graves" went out in the dinghy to determine how far out they might have gone...?

I may have it confused.  I've been trying to look for information, but I'm backing up right now so everything is at a snail's pace.  I'm going to be out for a while, if no ones posted anything to help; I'll look more when I get back.

texasmom ... is the following what you are thinking about.  Nothing about Deepak but ...

Janet

++++++

XIV. The Search Area
Fri 25-Jan 0950 hrs

Special Notice:
By John Silvetti-

The original search area surveyed by the R/V Persistence was selected based on numerous pieces of information provided by Dave Holloway, Tim Miller, investigations, interrogations, depositions and other information from local authorities. After compiling and reviewing the information, the search area was selected by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti. Upon completion of the sonar runs in this area, 65 ROV dives were performed by Offshore Innovative Solutions (OIS) on targets identified by sonar. Divers from the Aruban Police Diving Division and Underwater Expeditions made several dives and retrieved samples which were delivered for analysis. Several targets in this first survey grid yet remain to be investigated by ROV which will occur in approximately one week when ROV dive operations recommence.

Selection of the next area, the “Extended Search Area”, was based on one single piece of information, a reported confession by one of the three suspects. This confession, as relayed to the survey team, has some credence. It involves the same type of disposal scenario, but better defines the search area. This information in combination with the weather patterns observed by the survey team since our arrival on December 15th left only one boundary to define. The team needed to observe the island from offshore on a small vessel at night to determine this boundary. Sounds easy….huh?

After 2 unsuccessful attempts using a local vessel due to fuel and mechanical problems, the decision was made to utilize the R/V Persistence’s Rescue Boat, the “Avon”. The Avon is a 16’ center console inflatable vessel powered by a 70 hp Daihatsu engine. Prior to dark, the Avon was launched from the Persistence and piloted to the Holiday Inn Pier by Captain Jim Graves. Later that evening, John Silvetti boarded the vessel with Capt. Graves, transited to the start point, and commenced an offshore run documenting the time and vessel position with a WAAS enabled hand-held GPS system. At one mile out, radio communications were confirmed with the Persistence. At six miles out, radio communications were again confirmed along with spot light identification as the Avon crossed astern of the Persistence. It was somewhere shortly after this point that Murphy boarded the Avon!

The weather was very similar to the recorded weather of late May, 2005. The seas were running 4-6’ with swells of 6-8’. It was rough for an Avon! Upon reaching the final destination point while documenting the final position, the engine sputtered and stalled. It never started again! Approximately 30 minutes of effort to restart the engine was fruitless. I believe that is when we noticed that we were taking on water! HELLO HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

As we watched Aruba disappear over the horizon, contemplating our broken engine, a vessel taking on water and the fact that we are about to enact the emergency contingencies of our procedures, Capt. Graves stated, “ I am sure glad that it is so dark!” I took the bait. Why? Because I believe we would be scared to death if we could see how big these waves are! Persistence…Persistence….this is Avon on channel 16 ..over! Silence. Persistence…Persistence….this is Avon on channel 16 ..over! Five minutes of silence. Back up frequency. Persistence…Persistence….this is Avon on channel 09 ..over! Five minutes of silence. VHF comms failure. Ya gotta love Murphy.

Thanks to the support of Coast Guard Curacao, Aruban Port Authority and some unbelievable cell phone coverage, the Persistence plucked us out of the water approximately 16 miles offshore Aruba. We had acquired a tremendous amount of information to determine the last boundary and learned a few lessons:

1) Never use your lower back to absorb the shock of pounding seas when you are fat and out of shape.
2) Never get fat and out of shape.
3) No matter how complete and thorough your safety procedures are, never count Murphy out!

-John Silvetti

http://www.nholloway.blogspot.com/

_____

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »

Later, Janet

Janet, burn a little damp pine straw in the fireplace.  The smell of fresh smoke will keep
the bats away.  This is the time of year that they look for a place to come in.
The house that I just moved from was brick with six chimneys and nearly 100 yrs old.
They can get in through the tinyest of places...even where just a little morter is missing.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »

Janet

Hey, baaad is o.k.!   

Janet pushing ????????

Believe me ... there is nothing cute about a 62 year old granny walking across the back property at 4:00 AM in the morning in boots and her flannel nighty to an out building that contains about a zillion fish nets.  I was thinking some very unChristian thoughts as I was attempting to determine what was a "small" net.

Janet

_____

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »

http://awemainta.com/home/

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »

texasmom ... is the following what you are thinking about.  Nothing about Deepak but ...

Janet

++++++

XIV. The Search Area
Fri 25-Jan 0950 hrs

Special Notice:
By John Silvetti-

The original search area surveyed by the R/V Persistence was selected based on numerous pieces of information provided by Dave Holloway, Tim Miller, investigations, interrogations, depositions and other information from local authorities. After compiling and reviewing the information, the search area was selected by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti. Upon completion of the sonar runs in this area, 65 ROV dives were performed by Offshore Innovative Solutions (OIS) on targets identified by sonar. Divers from the Aruban Police Diving Division and Underwater Expeditions made several dives and retrieved samples which were delivered for analysis. Several targets in this first survey grid yet remain to be investigated by ROV which will occur in approximately one week when ROV dive operations recommence.

Selection of the next area, the “Extended Search Area”, was based on one single piece of information, a reported confession by one of the three suspects. This confession, as relayed to the survey team, has some credence. It involves the same type of disposal scenario, but better defines the search area. This information in combination with the weather patterns observed by the survey team since our arrival on December 15th left only one boundary to define. The team needed to observe the island from offshore on a small vessel at night to determine this boundary. Sounds easy….huh?

After 2 unsuccessful attempts using a local vessel due to fuel and mechanical problems, the decision was made to utilize the R/V Persistence’s Rescue Boat, the “Avon”. The Avon is a 16’ center console inflatable vessel powered by a 70 hp Daihatsu engine. Prior to dark, the Avon was launched from the Persistence and piloted to the Holiday Inn Pier by Captain Jim Graves. Later that evening, John Silvetti boarded the vessel with Capt. Graves, transited to the start point, and commenced an offshore run documenting the time and vessel position with a WAAS enabled hand-held GPS system. At one mile out, radio communications were confirmed with the Persistence. At six miles out, radio communications were again confirmed along with spot light identification as the Avon crossed astern of the Persistence. It was somewhere shortly after this point that Murphy boarded the Avon!

The weather was very similar to the recorded weather of late May, 2005. The seas were running 4-6’ with swells of 6-8’. It was rough for an Avon! Upon reaching the final destination point while documenting the final position, the engine sputtered and stalled. It never started again! Approximately 30 minutes of effort to restart the engine was fruitless. I believe that is when we noticed that we were taking on water! HELLO HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

As we watched Aruba disappear over the horizon, contemplating our broken engine, a vessel taking on water and the fact that we are about to enact the emergency contingencies of our procedures, Capt. Graves stated, “ I am sure glad that it is so dark!” I took the bait. Why? Because I believe we would be scared to death if we could see how big these waves are! Persistence…Persistence….this is Avon on channel 16 ..over! Silence. Persistence…Persistence….this is Avon on channel 16 ..over! Five minutes of silence. Back up frequency. Persistence…Persistence….this is Avon on channel 09 ..over! Five minutes of silence. VHF comms failure. Ya gotta love Murphy.

Thanks to the support of Coast Guard Curacao, Aruban Port Authority and some unbelievable cell phone coverage, the Persistence plucked us out of the water approximately 16 miles offshore Aruba. We had acquired a tremendous amount of information to determine the last boundary and learned a few lessons:

1) Never use your lower back to absorb the shock of pounding seas when you are fat and out of shape.
2) Never get fat and out of shape.
3) No matter how complete and thorough your safety procedures are, never count Murphy out!

-John Silvetti

http://www.nholloway.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much, Janet.  I do remember this now.  And it has HINKY written all over it, imo.

They start out with a defined search area/grid based upon numerous credible sources.  They survey the whole thing, but do not dive on all the targets.

Then, based on one piece of information ("a reported confession...with some credence"), they expand the search area/grid by 200% with evidently no thought of the add'l costs this will entail.

Logic dictates that all of targets in the original grid should be checked before venturing into the new, expanded area.  Especially considering that any reported confession from any of these suspects would be riddled with more lies.

Furthermore, I need to double-check this, but I believe the only confession around at this time was Joran's to Patrick re: "Daury".  There was no information there specifying where in the ocean "Daury" went - Joran said he wasn't there and didn't know.

I suspect the expanded search area (late January) was a result of a "deal" struck with Schaefer/Silvetti to map the ocean floor, in exchange for giving ALE sole access to the evidence in the cage (early January).

And...I still hope I'm wrong.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »

Janet

Hey, baaad is o.k.!   

Janet pushing ????????

Believe me ... there is nothing cute about a 62 year old granny walking across the back property at 4:00 AM in the morning in boots and her flannel nighty to an out building that contains about a zillion fish nets.  I was thinking some very unChristian thoughts as I was attempting to determine what was a "small" net.

Janet

Yes it is cute, very cute. Cute as me filling my bird feeder last night in my jammies which consisted of my thermal bootie slippers from restoration hardware, Rick's thermal shirt (which I often sleep in), and my velour warm up suit pants. It's chilly for the south this weekend and I gave up on glitz and glamour long ago! Luckily I have wonderful neighbors who forgive my bedhead when I take the doggie out at 5am in the morning too 

next time I want a photo ! YOU ARE TOO CUTE !

I continue to stand with the girl.
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2009, 01:55:31 PM »

Later, Janet

The bats in my area all have rabies. At least, the ones that can be captured. And the fleas on the squirrels around here carry plague (that's been confirmed by the Health Dept.). I worked at a Denny's restaurant that was surrounded on three sides by a grassy weedy hilly area and we had a squirrel and coyote problem. The coyotes were so aggressive that one of our big strong employees would escort customers at night to their cars if they were parked on the edge of the lot adjacent to the field. Coyotes are supposed to be afraid of people.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2009, 02:10:39 PM »

Janet

Hey, baaad is o.k.!   

Janet pushing ????????

Janet

Yes it is cute, very cute. Cute as me filling my bird feeder last night in my jammies which consisted of my thermal bootie slippers from restoration hardware, Rick's thermal shirt (which I often sleep in), and my velour warm up suit pants. It's chilly for the south this weekend and I gave up on glitz and glamour long ago! Luckily I have wonderful neighbors who forgive my bedhead when I take the doggie out at 5am in the morning too 

next time I want a photo ! YOU ARE TOO CUTE !

We live on property so ... fortunately the back of our yard is not visible to any of the neighbours.

Rick's shirt ...

I realize that hubby and I are getting on in years and ... when I attempt to comprehend life without him ... I just cannot go there.  I have a great relationship with all three of my grown kids but ... when all is said and done ... they all have their own lives and ... that is the way it should be.

None ... my heart breaks for you and ... it breaks for Peaches' hubby.  Sometimes ... life just does not seem fair.  I wish I understood the ways of our absolute God.  However ... if we mortals understood the ways of God ... He would not be God.  Does that make sense?  I realized that trust in the ways of our Heavenly Father is where it is at ... trust that He knows what is best for His precious children.

Hugs

Janet.

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.