June 01, 2024, 06:45:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #109 2/22/09 - 2/25/09  (Read 384227 times)
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1060 on: February 24, 2009, 12:39:03 AM »

Evening Monkeys. I don't mean to post and run, but I need to ge to bed. I saw this post, and I may very well be wrong, but my recollection was that Des was stating that they could get DNA from the maggots and they were completing the "maggot milkshake" to try to determine the DNA. Excuse me if I'm wrong.

(Just a reminder, before anyone thinks of asking me about this maggot/DNA phone call, "Des" refers to another poster that hasn't been at SM for awhile, not to me, "Desi."  It wasn't me, I don't know anything about the phone call in question.  I promise.)

And mgoblue, your question last night about the duct tape in the JonBenet Ramsey case?  I after I replied to you, I ended up pulling an all-nighter re-hashing that whole story... all the evidence, details, etc...  Interesting but so, so sad.  And still no conclusion after all these years...  Anyway, thanks for bringing that up... even if I did lose beauty sleep over it.  Have a good evening!

Oh, just saw your comment on my sig quote.  Thanks for saying so.  Reminder to myself, in a way.

Sorry about the loss of beauty sleep, maybe there will be some results with the new investigation.  Also, you are correct, it was a different monkey to whom I'm referring. Hope my recollection is correct. Night all.

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1061 on: February 24, 2009, 12:44:34 AM »

Hey, what's the deal?? Someone asked for Jose's diagnosis, I replied, in a very refined manner, that his head was stuck up his ass, and I get no response?

People, the garden is still frozen, the worms are still frozen, and "24" is over. Newfie, you are gonna get a paycut!

Because she froze your worms??? 
Newfie is my paid straight man. She is paid with ciggies and hooch. I send it to the bridge she lives under, as she had to give up her job to follow this case full time. She's very dedicated, and I can only surmise that she's out collecting evidence...that or "drinking her pay"!

I loved your post Tevye, I even read it outloud to my hubby. 

I am gonna go along with your "drinking her pay" hunch.........

Hugs, Magic 

Glad you liked it, Magic. And Happy Birthday! I began to myself as "of a certain age" after I hit 50. That way, I figure I'm covered for any immaturities or old fogey syndromes.
HAPPY B.D. Magic eyes!!!!!!!Thought hitting 50 was hard......couple months the big Six-0 is calling me, now thats depressing.....right, GREEN EYES? 
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1062 on: February 24, 2009, 12:45:11 AM »

Turbo the issue isnt about the civil case, they are avoiding sworn deposition so they dont get implicated connected to Casey's criminal case & anthing they may have illegally done - see if they say something in the deposition in this civil matter that is connected to Casey's murder case that implicates them those statements can be brought up during their testimony at Casey's criminal trial which could lead to charges being filed against them.  Conway is pushing for full immunity in preparation for the Casey's criminal trial of which the Anthonys are on the State's witness list to testify.

I understand that, but they are not going to get full immunity and you can take that to the bank. That is VERY rarely given and usually only if the SA desperately needs the information they have and can collaborate it.  The way I see it the SA does not need anything from the Anthonys at this point.

I doubt they will get ANY immunity because if they were going to, LE would have already offered it and it has not been offered or accepted by LE.

Turbo
-- since you are here, and are speaking of immunity...

In your opinion, which crimes could the Anthonys be charged with?  Just theory, of course... is it a long list?  Different story for each family member?  What is your theory about who has possibly committed what crimes?

It is a long list, but I don't think local LE is going to prosecute them. I believe they will be eventually prosecuted under the RICO Act. I believe the feds are tying up the pieces and the players now with the FBI sitting in on all the PI interviews.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1063 on: February 24, 2009, 01:01:09 AM »

Turbo the issue isnt about the civil case, they are avoiding sworn deposition so they dont get implicated connected to Casey's criminal case & anthing they may have illegally done - see if they say something in the deposition in this civil matter that is connected to Casey's murder case that implicates them those statements can be brought up during their testimony at Casey's criminal trial which could lead to charges being filed against them.  Conway is pushing for full immunity in preparation for the Casey's criminal trial of which the Anthonys are on the State's witness list to testify.

I understand that, but they are not going to get full immunity and you can take that to the bank. That is VERY rarely given and usually only if the SA desperately needs the information they have and can collaborate it.  The way I see it the SA does not need anything from the Anthonys at this point.

I doubt they will get ANY immunity because if they were going to, LE would have already offered it and it has not been offered or accepted by LE.

Turbo

In your opinion, which crimes could the Anthonys be charged with?  Just theory, of course... is it a long list?  Different story for each family member?  What is your theory about who has possibly committed what crimes?

It is a long list, but I don't think local LE is going to prosecute them. I believe they will be eventually prosecuted under the RICO Act. I believe the feds are tying up the pieces and the players now with the FBI sitting in on all the PI interviews.

Doing some quick research, I find that persons charged under RICO must be found to be part of an "enterprise" (defined variously) that is formed for the purpose of engaging in crime... and I believe the state of Florida can actually bring RICO charges, not just the feds... but I could be reading wrong.
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/ff38c09e-12df-4d4f-b75d-3b2b0f3a20fa/00-07--What-Constitutes-An--Enterprise--Under-Flor.aspx

So, are you saying that you don't believe the Anthonys will be charged with any crimes relating to Caylee's death or disposal,or for covering up for Casey's actions, i.e. obstruction of justice, lying to investigators, tampering with evidence, etc? 

That LE will more likely go after them for crimes related to the structures they put in place and operated to collect $$$ to find a live Caylee, when they knew Caylee was already dead?  I really am interested to know your take on this.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1064 on: February 24, 2009, 01:45:40 AM »

I think they're afraid of going "under oath".    Its been kinda hard for those them to tell the truth!   
I think that you are right.  They are afraid of the implications that their testimonies will have in comparrison to what they have been sptting out for the past 8 months.
And watch they will be not giving testimony on Thursday, they are above the law, not only do they think so, but it is obvious to me they are.

I agree with you, No Rose.  I don't wear those rose colored glasses either.  The Anthonys are coated with teflon.  The reason for which is beyond me.  If LE plans to charge them, they had better do it before the trial because the statute of limitations is running and the trial is far in the future.

I'm trying to catch up BabyBear but I think its something that bears mentionng:  sometimes that State isn't inclined to prosecute for a variety of reasons.

If the Ants are considered a threat to the greater good/society I can only hope they don't "get off".

In my world, before I let them off the hook I'd what its been proven they did, than consider that they do 10K hours of community service cleaning up the roadsides and private prop w/in a 1 mi radius of their home (if you know what I mean).  Of course I'd only visit that on 'em if they were involved in obstructed justice/impeded LE in finding Miss Caylee, God rest her soul.

I haven't a hope of catching up now, so nighty-nite and sleep well, All.

Foggy
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1065 on: February 24, 2009, 01:58:53 AM »

Hey, Searching (aka "Bruiser") --

Are you okay?  Did you see a doctor?  We've been worried about you, you know.

Hi, Not yet, My car is dead so well, I am kinda stuck,but the swelling seems to be going down a bit. The shiners are kinda well,noticeable. I kinda look like a boxer,well,kinda feel like one too. I switched to ibuprofen and think that is what is helping the swelling. My son is suppose to take me tomorrow to see a doctor, he could not do it today. Thank you for asking though.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1066 on: February 24, 2009, 02:41:54 AM »

Turbo

Turbo, I never said they would hon- if you look further back I discussed full versus use immunity and also made note that the original questions were regarding if they get subpoenaed that would give them a type of immunity-you missed part of an entire discussion.   At a state level it may be irrelevant because I believe they will be federally prosecuted starting with lying to a federal officer & more to follow is likely.

PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1067 on: February 24, 2009, 03:02:55 AM »

talking to oneself is the first sign of madness 
shh Lucinda its back on, talk in the next ad 

Good morning friend -- are you talking to yourself again?  I see that you have a sinus infection.  I am sorry, I hope you feel better.  The diary link is satire -- not real.

hey matey, thank you.  Im watching underbelly 2.  You should download it.  Yeah i always get on the odd times when most of my american monkey friends are sleeping. 

You know Lucinda and Pooky Bear, I will NEVER forget our Caylee as SIN-sin alluded to in the public service.  She is so very close to my Heart and I think so many of us really Treasure her as her birth family just can't seem to do.  It really is so so SAD.  To me it's downright SHAMEFUL.  I appreciate your comments.  I'm never caught up but every now and again I get busy in the wee hours of the night and feel so accomplished to be caught up.  Then I come back on the next day only to be even further behind.    Just know Monkeys that I think you are all the BEST!!!

Hugs,
PJ (Paula) flower
[/i]

Hi PJ!  I always love reading your sweet posts that are a reflection of your good heart.

Many of us have been profoundly affected by our love for precious little Caylee and will never, ever forget her.  Thank you for pointing this out; it really was unkind of Cindy to say that in her "eulogy" wasn't it?

Congratulations on the accomplishment of catching up!  It is nearly impossible some days, isn't it?

Desi

Hi Desi,

I was caught up last night.  Today was a whole different story and I'm almost caught up again.   Only 2-3 more pages to go.  I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring your post.  I just now got to it and it's 1:45 AM here in WI.   Nearly bedtime.  There is so much good reading with all of the smart Monkey posts.  The opinions and insight here is amazing.  I really appreciate being able to read everyone's take on any given topic.  Thank you and all Monkeys from this "lurking" Monkey.  I just hate to pass up pages so getting behind isn't really a bad thing   I'm not really convinced of that though.   

If any Monkeys are still here, I hope when you turn in for the night that you will sleep Peacefully and wake refreshed only to find a HUGE Doc, dump!!!!!

Sweet Dreams!
PJ (Paula)  flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1068 on: February 24, 2009, 04:04:29 AM »

talking to oneself is the first sign of madness 
shh Lucinda its back on, talk in the next ad 

Good morning friend -- are you talking to yourself again?  I see that you have a sinus infection.  I am sorry, I hope you feel better.  The diary link is satire -- not real.

hey matey, thank you.  Im watching underbelly 2.  You should download it.  Yeah i always get on the odd times when most of my american monkey friends are sleeping. 

You know Lucinda and Pooky Bear, I will NEVER forget our Caylee as SIN-sin alluded to in the public service.  She is so very close to my Heart and I think so many of us really Treasure her as her birth family just can't seem to do.  It really is so so SAD.  To me it's downright SHAMEFUL.  I appreciate your comments.  I'm never caught up but every now and again I get busy in the wee hours of the night and feel so accomplished to be caught up.  Then I come back on the next day only to be even further behind.    Just know Monkeys that I think you are all the BEST!!!

Hugs,
PJ (Paula) flower
[/i]

Oh PJ -- That is so sweet -- I seem to be behind all the time as well.  Although we all seek justice for little Caylee and those who have no voice, we should rest assured that Caylee is with our Lord never wanting to be here on this earth again.  ((((Monkey Hugs)))) to you, my friend. 
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1069 on: February 24, 2009, 04:53:57 AM »

hello monkeys 
pretty quiet whassupppp 

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: February 24, 2009, 05:14:46 AM »

Turbo

Turbo, I never said they would hon- if you look further back I discussed full versus use immunity and also made note that the original questions were regarding if they get subpoenaed that would give them a type of immunity-you missed part of an entire discussion.   At a state level it may be irrelevant because I believe they will be federally prosecuted starting with lying to a federal officer & more to follow is likely.

snip
"At a state level it may be irrelevant because I believe they will be federally prosecuted starting with lying to a federal officer & more to follow is likely".

I sure hope so...No one gets away with lying to the fed's in the past.   
Why would the a's get special treatment? JMO, they shouldn't period.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1071 on: February 24, 2009, 06:37:11 AM »

Hey, what's the deal?? Someone asked for Jose's diagnosis, I replied, in a very refined manner, that his head was stuck up his ass, and I get no response?

People, the garden is still frozen, the worms are still frozen, and "24" is over. Newfie, you are gonna get a paycut!

Because she froze your worms??? 
Newfie is my paid straight man. She is paid with ciggies and hooch. I send it to the bridge she lives under, as she had to give up her job to follow this case full time. She's very dedicated, and I can only surmise that she's out collecting evidence...that or "drinking her pay"!

I loved your post Tevye, I even read it outloud to my hubby. 

I am gonna go along with your "drinking her pay" hunch.........

Hugs, Magic 

Glad you liked it, Magic. And Happy Birthday! I began to myself as "of a certain age" after I hit 50. That way, I figure I'm covered for any immaturities or old fogey syndromes.
HAPPY B.D. Magic eyes!!!!!!!Thought hitting 50 was hard......couple months the big Six-0 is calling me, now thats depressing.....right, GREEN EYES? 
Happy Birthady Magic eyes. Ya Babskat is right that big Six- 0 is coming up fast. Hope you had a great day

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1072 on: February 24, 2009, 06:55:01 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 
I'm almost caught up.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: February 24, 2009, 07:02:05 AM »

Roy Kronk Threatens To Sue Leonard Padilla
Meter Reader Found Remains Of Caylee Anthony In Wooded Lot

POSTED: Monday, February 23, 2009
UPDATED: 9:00 pm EST February 23, 2009

Caylee Marie Anthony.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The meter reader who discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony has accused Leonard Padilla of making personal attacks against him and has threatened to sue the celebrity bounty hunter.

The attorney representing Roy Kronk, the Orange County worker who found the remains in a wooded lot in December, sent a letter to Padilla accusing him of trying to connect his client to Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, her family and her defense team. Kronk said Padilla is using the national media to smear his name.

The letter reads, in part, "... even though your public statements are pure speculation, with absolutely no factual basis, they are taken by many who do not know better as being true."

Meanwhile, Anthony's family is set to give depositions in the civil case against her this week.

Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, and her brother, Lee Anthony, will answer questions from the attorney representing Zenaida Gonzalez, who claims that Casey Anthony accused her of kidnapping Caylee.

Casey Anthony's attorneys argue that Gonzalez has not proved her reputation has been damaged.

Casey Anthony remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter. She told investigators she left Caylee with a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez at an Orange County apartment complex in mid-June, but the pair was gone when she returned to pick up her daughter.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18780059/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1074 on: February 24, 2009, 07:06:39 AM »

Turbo

Doing some quick research, I find that persons charged under RICO must be found to be part of an "enterprise" (defined variously) that is formed for the purpose of engaging in crime... and I believe the state of Florida can actually bring RICO charges, not just the feds... but I could be reading wrong.
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/ff38c09e-12df-4d4f-b75d-3b2b0f3a20fa/00-07--What-Constitutes-An--Enterprise--Under-Flor.aspx

So, are you saying that you don't believe the Anthonys will be charged with any crimes relating to Caylee's death or disposal,or for covering up for Casey's actions, i.e. obstruction of justice, lying to investigators, tampering with evidence, etc? 

That LE will more likely go after them for crimes related to the structures they put in place and operated to collect $$$ to find a live Caylee, when they knew Caylee was already dead?  I really am interested to know your take on this.

Good point on the RICO - I had not thought of that - it is a very likely scenario. The reason I think they will use RICO or may, is that they can use it to freeze all the assets without even charging the As. I bet they will try that to get them to answer questions about the KC case. The As may not have much but imagine the pressure if the house and everything else is taken? For those of you that do not believe that the government can do that - google Liberty Dollar.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1075 on: February 24, 2009, 07:09:19 AM »

OK, sorry for this sorta OT post. You monkeys will probably think I've lost it, well maybe I have?  Here is just some of KC & G&C&LA etc., in smilies! Hope you don't all think I'm nuts!

P.S. I hope the mods don't get mad! Sorry mods!

It's all true. 

~ Peter Frampton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: February 24, 2009, 07:11:40 AM »

Turbo

Good point on the RICO - I had not thought of that - it is a very likely scenario. The reason I think they will use RICO or may, is that they can use it to freeze all the assets without even charging the As. I bet they will try that to get them to answer questions about the KC case. The As may not have much but imagine the pressure if the house and everything else is taken? For those of you that do not believe that the government can do that - google Liberty Dollar.

Good points..........
BTW anyone know how much equity the a's have in there house?
What money are the a's living off of? 

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1077 on: February 24, 2009, 07:16:18 AM »

Turbo

snip
"At a state level it may be irrelevant because I believe they will be federally prosecuted starting with lying to a federal officer & more to follow is likely".

I sure hope so...No one gets away with lying to the fed's in the past.   
Why would the a's get special treatment? JMO, they shouldn't period.

Please tell me you are kidding? Have you heard about Clinton? Lots of people get away with it. But you are correct that some do get punished for lying.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1078 on: February 24, 2009, 07:35:34 AM »

RIP Sweet Puppy
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1079 on: February 24, 2009, 07:44:53 AM »

Jose Baez Faces Florida Bar Inquiry Over Ex-Spokesman

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:32:06 AM

TALLAHASSEE -- The Florida Bar has another inquiry open into Casey Anthony's defense attorney.

A Bar spokeswoman would only tell the Orlando Sentinel it pertains to Jose Baez's relationship with his now-former media relations company.

Since last fall, Baez's law firm referred news reporters to a spokesman named Todd Black with Press Corps Media.

Black never agreed to in-person interviews with reporters, would not provide his photograph, and did not reveal his true identity.

The company later confirmed three people used the name of Todd Black, and confirmed one of those was actually Gil Cabot, who was convicted of extortion.

The Bar closed a similar investigation last fall, and Baez' new spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie, said she expects them to close this one as well.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.