March 18, 2024, 09:29:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708888 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »

http://www.bigcatdesigns.com/amber/amber.htm

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:11:04 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:18:17 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,496664,00.html

Family Asks for Help as Police Call Off Search for Missing California Teen
Thursday , February 19, 2009

ADVERTISEMENTThe search for a missing 14-year old California girl was called off as it entered its sixth day Thursday.

The family of Amber LeeAnne DuBois said the teen was last seen shortly after 7 a.m. Friday while walking to Escondido High School.

Investigators have learned that DuBois talked to a friend on her cell phone on her way to class that morning, San Diego radio station KFMB reported.

Witnesses claimed to have spotted her in downtown Escondido Saturday and Sunday nights.

The teen's father, Maurice DuBois, said reports of a possible sighting of his daughter Saturday were considered unreliable. He said his daughter is very structured — not the type of girl to disappear on her own.

Police have decided to wait to get better leads before resuming the search, KFMB reported.

Meanwhile, family members have set up a Web site with pictures and contact information for the missing girl, and are pushing for the search to go nationwide.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

I will pray for Amber tonight. I hope she is found safe. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:37:29 PM »

I think the sightings are unreliabe and this young lady is being held against her will or the worst has happened. This is very upsetting especially being close to home. They did a door to door search in the area she was supposedly seen (2 sightings). She does not seem like the kind of girl to just leave her parents.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »

A sight that lists some of the missing. I am sure there are many
sites, and missing

http://beonthelookoutfor.com/

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:56:19 PM »

myspace set up for Amber
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=454447308

Weekend Search Parties for Missing Escondido Teen
Last Update: 12:43 am 
ESCONDIDO - It's been one week since 14-year-old Amber LeeAnne Dubois disappeared on her way to Escondido High School last Friday around 7 AM.

All weekend long the family will be leading search parties, and are asking the public to join.

Search groups of six will meet and head out from the corner of Vista Ave. and Broadway in Escondido. Groups will begin gathering at 6 AM and finish up their searches at dusk. Groups will go out on a rotating basis, so you are encouraged to come at any time.

To participate you must be 18, bring a government issued ID, not be convicted of any felony, and wearing rugged clothing. Volunteer crews will head into rural areas of local mountains--to spots where police have not searched yet.

Friday night, hundreds of people came out for a candlelight vigil in Amber's honor at Escondido High School.

Family members say their resolve is strengthened by the community's outpouring of support.

Maurice Dubois, Amber's father, said the flames were symbolic. "Hope, little sparks of hope all over the place...Hopefully these lights will guide her home."

Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, found the night reassuring. "After a week, its hard to stay positive, but I see these people and all their love. She's got to come home, she's just got to be found!"

McGonigle does not believe reports to police that Amber was seen in Downtown Escondido last weekend. "She wouldn't be that close to home and not come home. I don't believe that!"

Amber's best friend, Jade Fidel, thinks the rumors at school that Amber is a run away are totally wrong. "People are making up stories because they can't cope with what's going on."

Jade hoped Amber could get a message from the candlelight vigil's flames. "To me, when I look at fire, it really makes me think calm...I really want that to be sent out to Amber, calm down, get your head together and come find us."

The FBI also is getting involved in Amber's search.

Escondido Police is treating the case as a possible abduction but is not ruling out the possibility she ran away.

Amber's family has maintained that running away is "completely out of character" for the teen. They said she is a good student who was excited about starting a school project that involved a lamb the Friday she disappeared.

The family has hired private detective Bill Garcia, who has been involved in a number of high-profile cases in the county.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Weekend-Search-Parties-for-Missing-Escondido-Teen/OaJ8wB1RSEyUrWTuM4z38A.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »

Missing Teen Lead 2/20/09 video
The private investigator for the family of a missing teen says a girl with similar features to Amber was almost abducted by a man in a white utility vehicle.
http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoID=580326

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »

Family, Friends, Strangers Search for Missing Teen
Updated 2:07 PM PST, Sat, Feb 21, 2009

An estimated 300 volunteers showed up to help in the search for a missing Escondido girl Saturday, private investigator Bill Garcia said.  The 14-year-old went missing on Friday February 13.  She was last seen walking to Escondido High School.

Areas being searched include:

El Norte Parkway
Interstate-15 east to Lake Wohlford
North to Palomar Mountain
West along state Route 76 to Riverside County

Mary Schmit and Raquel Suitts helped scour the Lake Wohlford area.  They don't know Amber, but said the community needs to come together and find this young girl.

The mother of Brittany Hart is also showing her support to the family.

"I just want to give the parents my moral support because I know what they're going through," said Karen Hart.

Her 24-year-old daughter Brittany went missing in 2007.  Brittany was murdered and her body was found in a rural area of East County.   The man accused of killing her is heading to trial for the murder.

Meantime, more than 200 people came out in support of the family Friday evening.  People held candles outside the school in hopes Amber would be brought safely home.

"Basically, it kind of hits home because I know how I'd feel if I'd lost a child," said Escondido resident Amy Clark.

"It's not just the county, the word is spreading across the country and everyone is praying for her and her family," said family friend Joe Peters.

Amber's parents are grateful for the large turnout and support they've gotten since Amber disappeared.

"A lot of people loved Amber and they still do, they want her home," said her mother Carrie McGonigle.  Carrie says she last saw her daughter before she headed to school.  "Someone has her, she's not just hiding from me or hiding from the house, someone has her".

The possibility of abduction scares everyone, especially parents.

"My mom doesn't even let me walk around the streets anymore, she's afraid it'll happen to me," said Amber's friend Taylor Doyle.

Amber's father believes his daughter is still alive and he vows to never stop searching for her.

"I sleep an hour or two a night, and last night I don't even know if I got that," said Maurice Dubois.

If, by chance, Amber did runaway, Carrie McGonigle has this message for her daughter.

"Just come home, you won't be in trouble, just come home," McGonigle said.

The family is offering a $500 dollar reward for any information about her whereabouts.   Her father says the reward money will go up as more donations come in.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Family-Friends-Strangers-Search-for-Missing-Teen--.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/people/Amber-DuBois/1061850145

Is this her?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 06:11:16 PM »

I don't think so Nut

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »

I have not found a personal myspace of hers. No clue what this is all about>>
COMMENTS:
Smrt1  February 17, 2009 1:39PM PST
This girl has a 45 yr. old 'buddy'???? This would probably be on page 1 of the 'Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm' book! I find it rather coincidental that she disappeared the day before Valentine's and has a 45 year old buddy, these two appear to be linked.Time to check the kids' computer....

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/02/14/news/inland/escondido/z065d0afc140b76938825755e00216b60.txt#nctcomments

There is a myspace set up for her missing info...I can't find any personal one of hers

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »

I don't think it is same girl.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »

Hundreds Search Rugged Terrain for Missing California Girl
2/22/09

The family of a missing 14-year old California girl launched an all-out search Sunday morning that extended into the local mountains.

Hundreds of volunteers combed through rugged terrain in search for Amber LeeAnne DuBois, television news station San Diego 6 reported. DuBois was reportedly last seen shortly after 7 a.m. on Feb. 13 while walking to her high school in Escondido, Calif.

The FBI is “providing investigative assistance” to Escondido police, an agency spokesman told the San Diego Union Tribune on Saturday.

Investigators said Amber — who was last seen wearing black clothing and a backpack — talked to a friend on her cell phone as she walked to class that morning. She has not been seen or heard from since, police said.

The teen's father, Maurice DuBois, said reports of a possible sighting of his daughter Saturday were considered unreliable. He said Amber is very structured, and not the type of girl to run away.

The family is hoping that the Tour of California bicycle race — which is expected to draw thousands of spectators to Escondido on Sunday — will heighten public awareness and help in finding Amber.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498150,00.html

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »

14 Year Old Amber LeeAnne DuBois Missing Since February 13, 2009 in Escondido, CA … Runaway, Abduction?

http://missingexploited.com/2009/02/22/14-year-old-amber-leeanne-dubois-missing-since-february-13-2009-in-escondido-ca-runaway-abduction/

Here is an interesting new lead in this case ... hmm ...

UPDATE I: Investigator Explores New Lead … Was Amber DuBois Abducted?

A local investigator in the case of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois, said a woman, who looks a lot like the missing 14-year-old, told him that some men got out of a van February 2 near Escondido High School and approached her.

When the men asked her to get in the van, she said no, and they chased her, Bill Garcia said. The woman said she ran into an elementary school and escaped.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »

P.I. hired in search for missing teen
FBI Investigators continued to search for Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14, who has been missing since last Friday, February 13th.

Her father, Maurice Dubois suspects that she has been abducted. The family has made clear that it does not believe Amber ran away.

The family hired a private detective, Bill Garcia, who has been involved in a number of high-profile missing cases in the county.

"We don't believe suicide, we don't believe that runaway was an issue," Garcia said. "None of her things were missing. The little cash money that she has remains."

Garcia said that he believes Amber was abducted by a stranger, meaning that she could be anywhere.

The FBI joined the investigation this week.
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/02/22/PI-hired-in-search-for/1235359612.html

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »

Praying for Amber.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:15 AM »

I have not found a personal myspace of hers. No clue what this is all about>>
COMMENTS:
Smrt1  February 17, 2009 1:39PM PST
This girl has a 45 yr. old 'buddy'???? This would probably be on page 1 of the 'Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm' book! I find it rather coincidental that she disappeared the day before Valentine's and has a 45 year old buddy, these two appear to be linked.Time to check the kids' computer....

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/02/14/news/inland/escondido/z065d0afc140b76938825755e00216b60.txt#nctcomments

There is a myspace set up for her missing info...I can't find any personal one of hers

Forget that it was the day BEFORE Valentines.....It was FRIDAY the 13th !
Something tells me that she was abducted and did not go on her own.  She was into agriculture/farming, and not the typical student.
JMHO

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »

14 Year Old Amber LeeAnne DuBois Missing Since February 13, 2009 in Escondido, CA … Runaway, Abduction?

http://missingexploited.com/2009/02/22/14-year-old-amber-leeanne-dubois-missing-since-february-13-2009-in-escondido-ca-runaway-abduction/

Here is an interesting new lead in this case ... hmm ...

UPDATE I: Investigator Explores New Lead … Was Amber DuBois Abducted?

A local investigator in the case of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois, said a woman, who looks a lot like the missing 14-year-old, told him that some men got out of a van February 2 near Escondido High School and approached her.

When the men asked her to get in the van, she said no, and they chased her, Bill Garcia said. The woman said she ran into an elementary school and escaped.

Why is it that these creeps seem to always have a white van?  Seems to be a stereotype.
  I believe this is what happened to Amber and I pray she is found safe.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

me neither.  face is shorter,rounder and nose is a bit bigger. This isn't the same girl.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 09:55:33 AM »

snipfind it rather coincidental that she disappeared the day before Valentine's and has a 45 year old buddy

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it may be nothing.

For example.  I have a son in  college, before he left he made me a myspace and a facebook page so that I could keep in contact with him.
I am now into my 2nd year of this myspace and facebook stuff, I find that I am on many of my son's friends pages.

I use facebook way more than myspace.

And I don't find it unusual  anymore to see adults on kids friends lists.  most of them are parents or relatives.
Remember, you cant just add yourself as a buddy on someones page, you have to request it and then the person has to accept it.   

just food for thought. 

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.