March 19, 2024, 02:28:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708944 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1180 on: July 09, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »

checking on to see if there is anything new. As always, prayers for Amber and her family
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1181 on: July 10, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »

Just the day before Amber disappeared on her way to school,
she was at the store buying the latest in the series of books she was reading.
These brand new books remain at home, unread and waiting for Amber.

Monday, July 13th will mark six long months that she has been missing.

Please Join Us for a
Candlelight Vigil to
Light Amber's Way Home
Monday, July 13th at 8pm
in front of the
BARNES & NOBLE
810 West Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1182 on: July 10, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »

Please Join Us for a
Candlelight Vigil to
Light Amber's Way Home
Monday, July 13th at 8pm
in front of the
BARNES & NOBLE
810 West Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA

It should say five months - not six - if feels like a lot longer   

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1183 on: July 11, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »

Still hoping for the best.  God bless Amber. an angelic monkey

http://www.kidsearchnetwork.org/research-statistics.html

Missing Children Statistics
Research and Statistics involving Crimes Against Children and Teens

The Kidsearch Network believes that Immediate Response by an experienced search team is necessary. because, 1) there is typically over a two hour delay in making the initial missing child report (60%), and 2) the vast majority (74%) of the abducted children who are murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction. (Source: Attorney General of the State of Washington, who did a study of cases reported to law enforcement in 1997)

There are estimated to be about 100 cases per year in the US where a child is abducted and murdered. The victims of these cases are "average" children, leading normal lives, and living with normal families, typical low-risk victims. The vast majority of them are girls (76%), with the average age being slightly over 11 years of age. In 80% of cases, the initial contact between the victim and killer is within 1/4 mile of the victim's residence.

Over half (57%) of these child abduction murders are committed by a killer who is a stranger to the victim. Family involvement in this type of case is infrequent (9%). However, the relationship between the victim and the killer varies with the gender and age of the victim. The youngest females, 1-5 years old, tend to be killed by friends or acquaintances (64%), while the oldest females, 16-17 years old, tend to be killed by strangers (also 64%). The relationship between the killer and victim is different for the male victims. The youngest male victims (1-5 years old) are most likely to be killed by strangers (also 64%), as are the teenage males (13-15 years old, 60% and 16-17 years old, 58%).

... <snipped>

Commonly, the killers are at the initial victim-killer contact site for a legitimate reason (66%). They either lived in the area (29%) or were engaging in some normal activity. Most of the victims of child abduction murder are victims of opportunity (57%). Only in 14 percent of cases did the killer choose his victim because of some physical characteristic of the victim. The primary motivation for the child abduction murder is sexual assault.

After the victim has been killed, 52 percent of the bodies are concealed to prevent discovery. In only 9% of cases is the body openly placed to insure its discovery.

A unique pattern of distance relationships exists in child abduction murders. The initial contact site is within 1/4 mile of the victim's last known location in 80% of cases. Conversely, the distance between the initial contact site and the murder site increases to distances greater than 1/4 mile (54%). The distance from the murder site to the body recovery site again decreases, to less than 200 feet in 72 percent of cases.

It was discovered that once the murder investigation has begun, the name of the killer is known to the police within the first week in 74% of cases.

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1184 on: July 11, 2009, 04:11:09 PM »

Please Join Us for a
Candlelight Vigil to
Light Amber's Way Home
Monday, July 13th at 8pm
in front of the
BARNES & NOBLE
810 West Valley Parkway
Escondido, CA

It should say five months - not six - if feels like a lot longer   

Ampersand, I think we would all be there if we could.  Thanks for the notice.

Chi-M
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1185 on: July 13, 2009, 10:42:27 PM »

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/07/07/news/columnists/jeff_frank/za0b5d4dbc778591d882575ec0083ceb0.txt

Auction of lamb attracts bids from the heart
By JEFF FRANK - jfrank@nctimes.com | Tuesday, July 7, 2009 11:11 PM PDT ∞

Nicki Horton, from Escondido High School, shows her lamb, Nenette, during the San Diego County Fair. The auction of Nenette raised thousands of dollars for the effort to find missing teenager Amber Dubois. The bidding kept going and going.

Nicki Horton stood in the ring in disbelief. The price for the lamb she had devotedly raised over the past six months continued to climb.

Two dollars a pound ... $3 a pound ... $5 a pound ---- typically the top of the market for lambs at the San Diego County Fair's Junior Livestock Auction. Nine dollars a pound ... $10 a pound, beyond even the $11 a pound commanded by the grand champion, and still no end in sight.

Tears began to run down young Nicki's face as the bidding jumped into the teens, and she glanced into the crowd at two people for whom the lamb had special significance.

Maurice Dubois and Carrie McGonigle had tears in their eyes as well. For the lamb had been named by their daughter Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old Escondido High School student who disappeared Feb. 13 on her way to school.

In Amber's pocket that morning was a check to cover the deposit to obtain the lamb she planned to raise for the fair. She was going to call the lamb Nenette, which means "little animal" in French ---- Amber's heritage on her father's side.

After her disappearance, Amber's family told Marc Reyburn, the school's agricultural instructor and FFA adviser, they wanted to sponsor someone to carry on Amber's plan to raise her lamb.

Nicki didn't have the money to care for a lamb of her own, so she gladly volunteered to raise a lamb in Amber's name. She fed, watered, groomed and walked little Nenette daily at the farm on the high school grounds. Some donated supplies helped Nicki bring the lamb to a solid 135 pounds as she walked her into the ring at the fair on Saturday.

The fair auctioneer shared Amber's story with the crowd as Nicki showed off the tan and black Hampshire Cross lamb. Proceeds from the auction would go to the Amber Dubois Trust Fund, the auctioneer said, to help in the search for the missing teenager.

"As soon as people heard that, they kept bidding and bidding," said Nicki. "I was amazed."

A $12 bid was heard. Then $13. And still the total kept climbing. It wasn't until the bidding reached $16 a pound that Mary Matav, founder of Agri Service Inc. in Vista, was proclaimed the auction winner.

But it wasn't over. Members of the crowd began raising their paddles to add another dollar or two a pound to the bid. More add-ons followed. Soon fair officials couldn't keep up with the demand from spectators to contribute to the cause.

Nicki, 15, already had taken Nenette back to the barn, not knowing that contributions were still rolling in. Tears were falling as she and McGonigle said goodbye to the lamb.

"I told her to stop crying," McGonigle said. "She said, 'I can't. It's so sad.' We were both crying the whole time."

The regular auction continued while the fair's livestock office officials set up a table where people could add their donations to the price for the lamb. The fair tallied $7,365, a cool $54.55 a pound, while McGonigle said that $8,370 came in for the Amber fund.

"It's just awesome to see so much support for trying to find Amber," McGonigle said. "It was very emotional."

The funds raised will be used by the family to hire a private investigator and perhaps a public relations firm to keep up the search for Amber. But the story doesn't end there.

When Nicki returns to Escondido High School for her sophomore year in the fall, she'll have a sponsor for her next animal-raising effort.

"She wants to raise a steer, and we're going to sponsor her," McGonigle said.

Information on the Amber Dubois search and trust fund can be found at bringamberhome.com.

Contact staff columnist Jeff Frank at 760-740-5419 or jfrank@nctimes.com.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1186 on: July 13, 2009, 10:47:03 PM »

BUMPING UP FOR THE VIGIL FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT BE THERE IN PERSON...

5 months missing, God Bless Amber!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1187 on: July 14, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »

I am just going to say this one time As I understand you are looking for a Live Amber and I wish you all the best with that..

But from my research I think differently.. I am sorry. I am sticking with Patterns of behavior and I find very few live victims of abductions..

If your family really thinks Amber was forced into prostitution I suggest you contact Dr.Donna Hughes via the Internet or mail and educate yourself on that subject to see if there is a pattern of behavior used by these criminals that may lead you to Amber or somebody that knows of Amber..

Anyway from my research..

Search along the road highway 330 ..
Contact Cal Trans to see where they found the previous body of the kidnap victim from Redondo Beach that was drooped off in this area.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_nfoot17.2f08e17.html

Also search Guajome park and along the road of the rear entrance to that park..
Gopher canyon road

One is a pattern of behavior by a abduction..Redondo beach
The other is a pattern of behavior involving a park in Escondido.. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1188 on: July 14, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »

Hiway 330... Leading up to Running Springs is the section to search.
EverySunset
Scared Monkey

We have friends in Homeland Security!

« Reply #1189 on: July 23, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »

Does anyone know if that walmart molester was ever found? Geez, what a sicko.

"There was one, I had to look & look & look & look & look & look & look & look."-CA
GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1190 on: July 25, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »

No LE has not arrested anyone that they have a picture of or real witness too...
To busy with other things then real detective work I suppose..
The more I see the more I get disgusted..
jmho
EverySunset
Scared Monkey

We have friends in Homeland Security!

« Reply #1191 on: July 25, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »

Thanks Edward, I tried doing a search and came across so many wal mart child molesters that I became confused. I am going to barf now.

"There was one, I had to look & look & look & look & look & look & look & look."-CA
GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1192 on: July 26, 2009, 01:41:37 AM »

Voices for Justice Sunday Special - Lindsey Baum and Amber Dubois' Mothers among guests this weekend

The show will introduce four families to the listeners and will introduce their children to you and how you can be a helping hand in assisting the search teams on bringing home their loved ones.

Date / Time: 26/07/2009 7:30 PM

Category: Family

Call-in Number: (347) 838-8622

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/helpingheroes
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1193 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »

Please say a prayer and light a candle for Amber, that she will be found.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Amber

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1194 on: July 29, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »

We have not forgotten you Amber!  Praying for Amber & family & friends!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1195 on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »

I hope they search that van found in Orcutt for DNA evidence relative to Amber.
They are presently looking at the van for evidence of little Lindsey missing from Washington state. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1196 on: July 31, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »

I hope they search that van found in Orcutt for DNA evidence relative to Amber.
They are presently looking at the van for evidence of little Lindsey missing from Washington state. 

Man Tries To Lure Young Girl Into Van

Orcutt, CA-- Residents are being told to keep a lookout for a man driving a white van with possibly Washington State license plates.

Santa Barbara Sheriff deputies received a report Monday afternoon, that a man driving a white van near Hartnett and Cane tried to lure an 11-year-old girl into his van.

The girl said, the man pulled up to her and asked her to help him find a lost dog. The girl told sheriff officials that when she ran to a nearby home to call for help.

Detectives say the suspect is in his 50's and was driving a white cargo van with two rear windows covered by curtains.

If you have any information on a possible suspect, you are urged to call the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department.

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/51341337.html

Link to map of Orcutt, CA to Escondido, CA

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1197 on: August 01, 2009, 05:20:32 AM »

Hello all,

Just looking in to see if there was any new leads or anything on Amber... sadly, it does not appear so.

God watch over Amber be she in this world or in yours.  Please lead her family to her so whatever the outcome, there will be peace. an angelic monkey

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1198 on: August 01, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »

just checking in to read up to see what all is going on with amber's case. 

edward, you said they are checking the van with washington places for evidence in Lindsey case?  gee, I missed that over in the lindsey threads.  but, good, glad they are.  they need to.  they better check that van for evidence in a lot of these cases. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1199 on: August 02, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »

just checking in to read up to see what all is going on with amber's case. 

edward, you said they are checking the van with washington places for evidence in Lindsey case?  gee, I missed that over in the lindsey threads.  but, good, glad they are.  they need to.  they better check that van for evidence in a lot of these cases. 

DD~I'm not sure they have found the van, ICBW. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.