March 18, 2024, 08:09:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708876 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »

It has been more than 2 months since 14-year-old Amber Dubois disappeared in Escondido.

The number of leads has dwindled to about six per day but her family and Escondido police have not given up hope.

Amber’s family says Amber was a model student who never talked about running away and they believe she was abducted.

Police want to talk to a young man who appeared to be walking with Amber on the west side of Broadway the morning she disappeared.

She sometimes walked with classmates on the way to school, but the boy doesn't match the description of any of those classmates, investigators said.

"That is one of the unsolved questions in the case," Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton said, noting two neighbors independently said they saw Amber at 7:10 a.m. walking on Broadway near the school's football stadium -- the last time anyone has reported seeing the girl. One of the neighbors said they saw her with the boy.

Amber's family is organizing another search for her this weekend.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Who-Was-the-Boy-With-Amber-Dubois--.html

Edward 3 minutes ago FLAG COMMENT Police could do a lot more to inform the family and the public.. A timeline of events could be in the news. Like a date and map of where the cell phone was used. A sketch of the boy she was supposedly walking with. Areas searched.. Areas Not searched. Did the police in fact take a close look at the culprit who attacked the 16 year old ? He would not allow his face on camera in the court room.. There is a reason for that.. He might just fit the profile of who was walking with Amber. If the police have looked at him they need to tell the family they have.. The family needs to know progress and people looked at and questioned.. Did the police question the prostitution ring that was noted as working in Escondido when Amber went missing ?? Not unlike them to be involved in kidnapping forced human servitude "slavery" and human trafficking.. Which would put Amber almost anywhere.. There is also the Mexican national angle that could put Amber South of the border.. Everyone is so corrupt down there.. People are being kidnapped and attacked by these people inside of the United States. The police need to do more then just waiting for the criminal to be delivered to them.. Time is passing and the police should NEVER have considered her a run away. Of course, ALL of that is just my opinion. ...
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »

Edward, your opinion is mine too! 

This is so frustrating and seems to be going nowhere.  Do you  know if the family has hired another PI?    If all the donations are going for rewards and searches, perhaps a separate account for an investigator would be useful. 

Your questions earlier about the local prostitution problem  and the possibility that a local pimp or whatever could have had a role in her disappearance need following up.     Those of us who live too far away to search might be able to donate to hire a PI.  I know I would, but they would have to approve of course.   What do think about that?

Chi-M

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »

Reader comments..
The newspaper keeps deleting this poster comments..
 I think this person should be herd..
NativeE  April 15, 2009 10:24PM PST
Please NCtimes post my message or have your reporters do some investigating. When I got the phone call that this poor little girl was missing I wanted to help the family so bad. I went to the candle light vigils I helped in the searches, I went to the fundraisers but when I started seeing their behavior I know now they are involved. Instead of "keeping all options open" EPD needs to focus on the family. I realized this listening to them and constantly refer to Amber in the past tense. When I first heard it I couldn't believe it, but they do it all the time. I then began to watch mom who has no signs of grief, instead she is always laughing and looks intoxicated. Check out Pounders any day at about 8 am and see who is in there drinking booze. The boyfriend stays in the background and seems angry or someone who is trying to hide something. Mo the dad, and Carrie the mom are both well known drug users. It would be sad if their little girl paid the price for their drug and alcohol addictions. Sex slave, I doubt it. Drug related incident YES! The family is the welcoming committee to Methcondido. I doubt the girl even walked to school that day. I think something happened at home and the family knows it. What family starts scheduling fund raisers months ahead when their little girl was only gone one week? and Where is that money going into their noses?? since the Jon Benet case, police all over are scared of looking at parents as suspects, in this case they have to. Otherwise it will go unsolved.
Report Abuse

Also this one from another perspective..

Noelle  April 16, 2009 2:51PM PST
I think the Escondido PD has done a lousy job with this case. Where is a sketch of the boy she was seen walking with? I believe the family needs to bring in another private investigator (Not Bill Garcia). This case desperately need investigators who have experience in solving missing person cases! I do not believe the family is involved. Prayers to Amber.
Report Abuse

and this one for NEW info..

Concerned Mother  April 17, 2009 8:32PM PST
I think the 22 yr old that fended off an attacker this morning at 9:00AM on a Friday Morning in Escondido could be a lead to who took Amber! They need to find that guy a.s.a.p. I am sure that Amber was taken at Gunpoint. I just know it. And this old creep could be the guy!
Report Abuse

All from this news source..
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/04/14/news/inland/escondido/z3b74c76682d3c97f882575980062be3e.txt
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »

ESCONDIDO ---- A 22-year-old woman used a hot cup of coffee to fend off an armed assailant during a violent struggle in a parking lot Friday morning, police said.

The case is being treated as a carjacking and an attempted kidnapping, Lt. Neal Griffin said. The man responsible is considered armed and dangerous, he said.

Shortly before 9 a.m., the woman was unlocking her car in the parking lot of Albertson's grocery store on East Valley Parkway when a man approached her from behind, Lt. Neal Griffin said.

"She had a feeling that someone was behind her, and she used her window as a mirror and saw that someone was there," he said.

The attacker put a handgun to the woman's back and threatened to shoot her if she didn't get into the car, Griffin said.

The woman resisted and the carjacker struck her in the head with his gun during the ensuing struggle, Griffin said.

"He had her in the car," Griffin said. "He actually even said, 'You're going to drive,' or words to that effect."

The fight ended when the woman threw hot coffee in the carjacker's face and freed herself, he said.

The woman had dropped her keys in the fight, and the carjacker grabbed them before driving off in her car, Griffin said.

Police are asking residents to be on the lookout for a black, two-door 1995 Toyota Celica with the California license plate 4ZMR484. The car has damage on the driver's door from a previous accident.

The carjacker was described as a tanned white man about 50 years old, 5'9" tall and 160 lbs., with short graying hair.

Griffin said residents should not try to interact with or detain the man.

Anyone who sees the car or the knows the wanted man should call 911, he said.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »

reader comment..

Shirley Wednesday, Apr 22 at 1:18 PM FLAG COMMENT
 Carrie & Moe...I have heard the awful news, but only by a fluke..Why is this not in the Downey and or La Mirada area news? Afterall that is where you are all from...Anyway's I really want to talk to you Carrie. If you need anything please let me know. You can email me @ shurleegurlee@yahoo.com. I hope something comes up soon..This is something so horrible I can't even imagine the pain...Wow! The boys and I are praying for all of you.... Please don't exclude your old friends from school, we are here for you....

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Who-Was-the-Boy-With-Amber-Dubois--.html

very interesting..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »

Pounders Sports Pub
125 W. Grand Ave.
Escondido, CA 92025
Daily 7 am-2 am 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »

Survailliance Video from school parking lot showing pick up truck. !!!

http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=608551@xetv.dayport.com&navCatId=5&rss=800

Authorities are asking for the public's help in identifying the owner of a truck that was seen on a surveillance camera near the time and place where Amber Dubois vanished two months ago.

The maroon or burgundy-colored pickup was driven through a bus maintenance yard at Escondido High School, where 14-year-old Amber Dubois attended, shortly after 7 a.m. Feb. 13, minutes before she went missing, according to police.

Investigators have generated no solid leads about what has become of the girl, an exemplary student with no history of running away from home.

Numerous searches of the area by groups of volunteers have likewise found no sign of where she might have gone.

In the security-camera footage, the reddish full-sized truck can be seen entering the school lot, where it is then parked for about three minutes before being driven back out the same driveway, onto North Broadway, Lt. Bob Benton said.

The pickup, which appears to be a late-model crew-cab model with four doors, is equipped with chrome parts, including wheels, running boards and bed rails, Benton said.

"Also, it appears from the video the tailgate is either missing or (modified) to accommodate a fifth-wheel trailer," the lieutenant said. "There is no further information such as license-plate or driver description."

Police asked anyone with information about the vehicle or any other aspect of the case to call (760)743-TIPS. Callers may remain anonymous.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10240558

Also here

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Red-Truck-Spotted-Near-Amber-Dubois-School.html

Readers comments ..
Most think this is a farm worker vehicle.. !!!! 

The mother of missing Escondido teen Amber Dubois is hoping new surveillance video will help police find her daughter.

"Police are looking for a break and so are we," Carrie McGonigle said.

The video of a mysterious truck was taken from a surveillance system at Escondido High's maintenance yard.

McGonigle says for the past two months, police have been trying to determine who owns the truck and who was driving it the morning Amber disappeared.

"The police have ruled out all of the teachers and faculty associated with the school," McGonigle said.

Investigators say the truck is suspicious because it did not drop off any kids.

What makes the video so compelling is that it shows the truck entering the parking lot and then leaving at about the same time Amber was last seen walking by the parking lot on North Broadway, McGonigle said.

She believes two people may have been inside the truck, and they may have waited for Amber to walk by before abducting her.

"Maybe one said something to Amber, had some kind of weapon and the other guy was the driver," McGonigle said.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Ambers-Mom-Has-a-Theory-About-Mystery-Truck-.html
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »

ESCONDIDO ---- Police want the public's help to identify a maroon pickup truck seen leaving Escondido High School at roughly the same time and place that 14-year-old Amber Dubois disappeared in February, officials said Thursday.

Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton described the truck as a newer full-size, four-door crew cab. It was spotted on a school surveillance camera about 7:10 a.m. Feb. 13 near the school's bus and maintenance yard on the north side of the campus, Benton said.

Police have said Dubois was last seen about 7:10 a.m. that day walking on Broadway just north of the school's football stadium, which is near the bus yard.

"We'd definitely like to contact the driver to see if they saw anything, if they know Amber or if they're connected to the investigation in any way," Benton said.

The video shows the truck entering the maintenance parking lot, stopping for about three minutes and then exiting from the same way back to Broadway.

The truck is described as burgundy or maroon and has chrome bed rails or tie-down rails with chrome running boards and wheels. It appears the tailgate is missing or the truck has a modified black tailgate to accommodate a fifth-wheel trailer.

There is no information on a license plate or driver description, police said.

Benton said police had identified nearly all other vehicles on surveillance footage in the area that morning as those of students or school employees. They have not been able to identify this truck, he said.

Police have classified Amber's case as a missing juvenile. Her parents have said they believe she was abducted by a stranger, though police have said they do not have enough information to prove whether she ran away or was abducted.

The public is asked to call Beverly Marquez at (760) 839-4752 with information about the truck. Anonymous tips can be made at (760) 743-TIPS or at www.escondido.org/police.

Contact staff writer Chris Nichols at (760) 740-5426 or cnichols@nctimes.com.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/04/24/news/inland/escondido/z0c38a6247ce8f6a5882575a200068377.txt

Somebody needs to get this license plate number 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

There is no information on a license plate or driver description, police said.

Benton said police had identified nearly all other vehicles on surveillance footage in the area that morning as those of students or school employees. They have not been able to identify this truck, he said.

Monkeys help.. 
View the videos and get that license plate number if you can !
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »

It is a newer dodge full size 4 door pick up maroon in color.

1. Farm worker

2.OR, If 5th wheel.. It could be a traveling farm worker.. migrating from Arizona to California and back..
OR
A Retired person or Traveling worker person such as a Contractor/ construction worker and his 5th wheel trailer is parked at some local trailer park OR in a state park or county park in the area.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »

This appears to be the best video out of the various news sites listed above..

http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=608551@xetv.dayport.com&navCatId=5&rss=800
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2009, 01:23:20 PM »

Edward - I can't even get close to seeing the license plate:

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »

Edward - Thank You for the New News on Amber ...
I watched the video and also chased it on the news - Klaas has the photo's from both vids posted.

IF LE can get a Blow up the Captions of Photos- on the Truck itself  (the Face of the Truck) - they will be able to determine the Make and Model by the Head Lamps.. that is for sure.
No Headlamp is the same - and it can be easily broken down within Newer Model vehicles. Being that it is a Large Truck ..even if its been modified " Headlamps" usually go untouched - If anything more " lamps" are added ...

Praying for Amber and Her Family
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »

Nope....  impossible to see

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »

You are all wonderful..thanks for trying.. maybe the police will release a better vehicle...

I wonder if there was a stolen vehicle fitting this description stolen from any city close to Escondido.
That Williams character who kidnapped the 16 year old could have been in the vehicle..
He is currently in custody for the crime against the 16 year old...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »

A better Video// not vehicle from the above post.. sorry
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2009, 01:47:41 PM »

Nope....  impossible to see
I agree, I watched several times, impossible to see. My question is why did LE wait this long to release the video?
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »

Oh  Edward, it is so good to have some new information on this case.  Wouldn't this have been more helpful 2 months ago?   Wonder why just now it is released.   It is just so frustrating watching LE do, or not do, their job.   
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »

Hard to say why they did not tell anyone sooner..

I hope they will attempt to give out a better image
I hope they get there heads thinking and send it to the F.B.I. crime lab.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.