April 27, 2024, 12:15:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 714619 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1220 on: August 12, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »

I do not think it is her, but it could be her, slimmer, and notice she is not happy in the photo, like she is being told to smile.. which hit me in the mind.. because it is close..
she looks coerced to me..
Like most of the adult adds in craigslst have pictures of girls.. smiling, laughing, inviting photos.. They used to be really nasty adds and now they are not all that bad ..but some nudity.. What if I myself or any of you come across what anyone of us thinks is her picture ..
Who we gonna call ? The ghosts busters ?
Call the F.B.I. and maybe they respond in a few days..maybe, Most likely she is gone by then..
That initial respond has to be within hours... HOW would any one of them get a possible positive id on her to run with it with sirens and light-bars from every angle ?

Only the family can give the first clue as to a possible first sight ID.
Discussing it among themselves.. IF She really is alive and not being held in some basement, which I doubt but anything is possible in this case.
Underage prostitution is big money and craigslist as a company has already been informed and deleted many what was considered underage girls offed in craigslist over the years..
Craig himself is a local to our area, San Francisco area. He supports women who do this a semi safe method of advertising..better then a bar or streets..
Craigslist recently toned down the adds after getting into some legal troubles.. I wish they would have left it alone and all moms should be looking to see if and or who is posting such adds and are they a willing participant or a victim ?
As I remember there already is a case of men taking a 14 year old girl to a motel in the San Diego area and convicted of such acts.. they were putting her up for sale on craigslist..

when I looked at that picture that I posted ..
I thought this girl has a strange look on her face ..
There is some resemblance and it has been a long time as well as a organized group that does this would make attempts to change her appearance..

I am not an advocate for stopping Craigs List as running these adds..
Let them free-flow it as it did before.
It is a private investigators free online resource of possible victims.. Craigslist themselves could gather all such postings in a data base complete with pictures and phone numbers that change all the time ..plus they get the isp and comp id.
Most of the adds appear posted out of Motels that have online access.
 Most are off laptops.. The new level of modern day pimps are high tech and online, some 24-7
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1221 on: August 13, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »

ESCONDIDO: Missing teen's family pushes forward six months later

CHRIS NICHOLS - cnichols@nctimes.com | Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Six months after Amber Dubois disappeared, pictures of the bookish, blue-eyed 14-year-old are still posted across Escondido and across Southern California.

Banners reading "Help Us Find Amber" still line fences along North Broadway near Escondido High School. Her name is still part of the family's answering machine greeting at their home, just a few blocks from the campus.

Amber was last seen Feb. 13 walking to school. No trace of how or why she disappeared has been found.

Her family, despite a tortured spring and summer of searches that turned up nothing, has not given up hope. It recently hired a new private investigator and will fly in specialized search dogs from Maine later this month.

This week, Amber's mother and father, Carrie McGonigle and Moe Dubois, traveled to New York City for a national media blitz. Her mother and father desperately hope the larger stage, including interviews on network TV shows, will make the difference in a case that has frustrated and puzzled police and left a gaping hole in the family's heart.

"All it takes is one person to crack this case open," the teen's father said. "All it takes is one pair of eyes."

Missing Amber

The door to Amber's bedroom is kept open inside the family's two-story north Escondido home. The teen's black and gray cat, Robin, often slumbers on Amber's bunk bed.

Her watercolor paintings of wolves (she adores wolves), her "Twilight" movie poster and vast array of books, including her Harry Potter collection, remain as she left them.

"I usually have panic attacks when I come up here," said McGonigle, standing in her daughter's small room, her voice breaking.

Amber's mother moved out of the home six weeks after the teen disappeared, in part, she said, because the reminders of what she's lost are all around. She now lives with a friend just a few blocks away.

McGonigle's former boyfriend, David Cave, and the couple's 6-year-old daughter, Allison, remain at the home. Amber's father lives in Orange County.

Family and the teen's close friends describe Amber as a model student, a girl who was looking forward to raising a baby lamb through her school's agriculture program and who never once spoke of running away.

Her parents are convinced she was abducted by a stranger. Police, without evidence to prove either theory, have classified Amber's disappearance as a "suspicious missing person" case.

Sheila Welch, the teen's maternal grandmother, has paid for public relations help for the family and recently hired Lawrence Olmstead, a Los Angeles-based private detective. Olmstead follows San Diego-based private investigator Bill Garcia, who worked for the family early on. Welch emphasized the new investigator's work is meant to complement, not compete with, local police efforts.

Welch, an attorney who lives in Paramount, north of Long Beach, also has spent months arranging for the specialized search hounds from VK9 Scent Specific Search Recovery of Brewer, Maine. The company's canines can track a scent months after a person has disappeared, Welch said.

The grandmother, who family say inspired Amber's love for animals and reading, said she'll "never stop" looking for her granddaughter.

Case remains a mystery

Escondido police have received and investigated more than 1,100 tips in the case. They've interviewed more than 550 people, including Amber's family, friends, neighbors, sex offenders who live near the family's Escondido home and every classmate she had this past spring and fall, said Lt. Bob Benton. More than two dozen police investigators and support staff worked on the girl's case shortly after she vanished. Three full-time investigators are still assigned to it, he said.

After all their work, however, they still have no idea what happened to the shy and sheltered girl.

"We all wake up in the middle of the night just pondering, 'What did we miss?'" Benton said. "That takes a toll on us."

In most missing-person investigations, police have something to start with ---- the description of a suspect or perhaps a car involved. With Amber's, they have next to nothing.

Police are still not sure whether the driver of a maroon pickup seen on school surveillance video was involved in Amber's disappearance. The truck was seen exiting the school's maintenance yard at roughly the same time Amber was spotted walking nearby.

"In this case, we're just going down dead end after dead end," said the lieutenant, flanked by more than a dozen thick binders containing interview transcripts, photographs and other original case documents. "It's been so frustrating."

Police do not have any suspects, nor have they ruled anyone out, including family members.

Amber's parents say they want police to explore all possibilities.

"At this point, they're not looking at us as possible suspects," Amber's father said. "If something points in that direction (toward a family member), I would want them to look there."

Amber's father, mother and the mother's longtime boyfriend all voluntarily took polygraph tests shortly after the teen vanished.

Escondido police have worked with agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, investigators with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, contacted law enforcement in Canada (Amber has extended family in Montreal), Mexico and across the globe.

"It's been an important case for all of us," said Escondido police Investigator Beverly Marquez. "We want to find this girl and bring her home."

Marquez serves as a liaison between the family and the department. In her 15 years working missing-person cases, she said couldn't recall one as involved as Amber's or with so few clues.

She said that Amber's case will remain open as long as it takes.

"She's not home yet ---- it's an active case," the investigator said.

Family's anguish

The pain surrounding Amber's loss never truly subsides, family members say.

Amber's father still has not been able to resume his job at Netcom Technologies, where he's a senior estimator for the company. Her mother just returned to work last month at a local printing company, she said.

When despair hits, it's often a phone call from one of the committed volunteers that lifts them, they say. Many of the volunteers started as strangers and have become the family's closest supporters.

Outside observers say Amber's mother and father have worked diligently to find their daughter.

"I'm incredibly impressed by Moe and Carrie," said Marc Klaas, whose daughter, Polly, was kidnapped and murdered in Northern California in 1993. "As long as they can continue to be proactive and as long as they can continue to be busy, I think they can hold the fear at bay."

Klaas, through his Klaas Kids Foundation, has supported the family's efforts.

When asked why they keep searching, family members say they can't imagine doing anything else.

They want the girl who loved to collect seashells on the beach, who made her mother breakfast on Mother's Day, who would hide under the covers of her bed with a book and flashlight and read late into the night, back home.

"I know that someone out there knows something," said Amber's mother. "And I would just beg them to call anonymously. No one needs to know who they are."

Call staff writer Chris Nichols at 760-740-5426.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_446690ab-3040-5b21-b169-a91f0b633da4.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1222 on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:24 PM »

"It's been an important case for all of us," said Escondido police Investigator Beverly Marquez. "We want to find this girl and bring her home."

Marquez serves as a liaison between the family and the department. In her 15 years working missing-person cases, she said couldn't recall one as involved as Amber's or with so few clues.

There is quite a few cases at this moment in the same situation.. just to name a few..
Lindsey
Tracy
Brittaney
hasanni

The perps are getting away with these acts because people are not vigilant enough with themselves and or there children in my opinion..
Also the perps appear to be getting smarter.
BUT on the other side of that coin..Even when the police have photos of the perps ..
1.like the 5 year old boy taken in San bernardino "f.b.i. knows the perps names names"
2.the male in the Kmart molestation case..clear picture and his vehicle..
3.the male who puts a tie wrap around a girls neck and tries to stuff her choking into his trunk and the brother comes over and fights with him..police have vehicle description and a complete description of the perp and they still do not have ANY of these males in custody.. THAT is disturbing..
The perps make the police look bad as they appear to be able to make blatant attacks and get away with it..
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1223 on: August 13, 2009, 07:02:40 PM »

Amber's parents are going to on JVM issues tonight on HLN.  It's started here. They are up after the "drunk driving mom" story.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: August 14, 2009, 09:31:43 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0908/13/ijvm.01.html

**snipped**
POLITAN: Fourteen-year-old California girl Amber Dubois vanished exactly six months ago today on her walk to school. Amber seemingly disappeared without a trace.

Cops have no suspects, but they are not ruling anyone out. Over 500 people have been interviewed, and police have received and investigated over 1,000 tips.

Despite the frustrating lack of information, Amber`s parents are not giving up. They reportedly have hired a private investigator and are flying in dogs from Maine to help in the search for their daughter. Tonight, vigils will be held nationwide for young Amber as friends, family and strangers are hoping for her safe return.

Tonight, I`m honored to be joined by Amber`s parents, Moe Dubois and Carrie McGonigle. Thank you, both, for joining us tonight.

And I know this must be extremely difficult, but, if you could -- and Carrie, I`ll begin with you. Could you explain what happened that morning six months ago and why you believe that your daughter`s not a teenage run away?

CARRIE MCGONIGLE, MOTHER OF AMBER: Amber was very excited that day for school. It was a day she was looking forward to for over a year. She was purchasing her baby lamb for her school project. I waited until the very last day to give her the money. And she had her Valentine`s Day presents in her backpack that we took her to the store the night before.

I kissed her good-bye in the morning and told her I`d see her later that evening. We`d go do something. And she left for school.

POLITAN: There was nothing unusual about that morning?

MCGONIGLE: Except that she was so excited about purchasing the lamb.

POLITAN: Moe, what can -- what can folks do if they know anything about this? Have you set up Web sites? We`ve got numbers for folks to call?

MOE DUBOIS, FATHER OF AMBER: Absolutely. If you recognize Amber in any way, the first thing is contact the FBI, get in touch with them, let them know anything that you may know.

If you`re unaware or don`t know anything, by all means, logon to Amber`s Web site. And you can find the entire story. You can download flyers, put them up in your local areas, give them to local law enforcement, and make sure everyone is aware of Amber`s story.

POLITAN: Now, one thing that intrigues, I think, everyone in this case is that you`re looking into the presence of this suspicious dark red truck that was on the school grounds that day. Take a look at this video. It`s grainy surveillance footage that shows the truck pulling in and leaving after about four minutes. Have police been able to track this truck down?

DUBOIS: No. At this time, there has been no concrete location of the vehicle. The vehicle appeared at exactly the three-minute window that they`ve narrowed down Amber`s disappearance to, and we`d just like to find out who the owner of the vehicle is. Perhaps he may have seen something, may have a connection to this. We have no concrete evidence of who owns the vehicle or...

POLITAN: Let`s take one more look at it. And again, folks, if you know anyone that owns a vehicle like this or -- it`s dark red, and it`s in that area. And this wasn`t connected to anyone at the school, right?

MCGONIGLE: No, they`ve had no -- they checked out everything. They looked for it before they released it to the public, trying -- trying to find it.

POLITAN: Tell us about the vigil that`s going to take place.

MCGONIGLE: We`re going to have it -- where we having it?

DUBOIS: We`re having the vigil tonight in New York at Central Park at Tavern on the Green. There`s also a vigil in Orange County today in California. Back home in Escondido, we`re having a vigil. There`s also one in Arizona. We`re having a few of them, basically, nationwide.

POLITAN: Moe -- Moe and Carrie, thank you so much for coming in. And all our thoughts and prayers are with you in the search for your daughter. Thank you so much.

MCGONIGLE: OK, thank you.

**snipped**

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1225 on: August 14, 2009, 09:34:15 AM »

They still have not located the truck? 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1226 on: August 14, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »

SAN DIEGO -- Police are investigating an attempted abduction in the Bay Terraces area, 10News reported.

San Diego police said a 15-year-old girl was walking home from Bell Middle School shortly before 2 p.m. when two males standing on the street approached her on Woodman Street near Bullock Drive.

The girl told police the men asked her what time it was, and then shoved her to the ground and tried to grab her.

http://www.10news.com/news/20390783/detail.html

Another abduction attempt.
There are lots of abduction attempts on young girls over the time since Amber went missing.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1227 on: August 14, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »

San Diego august 11 2009
La Mesa Man Arrested in Abduction and murder of 18 year old girl..
Dropped her body in Arizona..

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/La-Mesa-Man-Arrested-in-Abduction-and-Shooting-of/6bvi6i6m9kuxvKe94C1ncg.cspx

Many many things happen in the area.. I just quit posting all the stuff I read..

The fact that the police can't even find a man that they have a video of him and his truck at a k-mart disturbs me.

500 Witnesses interviewed and 1000 leads in Amber's case..

It is the case of the sleeping police department..
Remember the police on video proclaiming Amber's friends had seen her the next day..
He was sure she was a run away.

The Red Pick Up was clearly involved as I had pointed out months ago..
IF I can see it then I would expect that a professional detective can see it..

I know nothing.. jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1228 on: August 14, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »

Escondido - It's been six months since she disappeared, and the search still continues for Amber Dubois.
     The girl's father, Maurice Dubois, says they have not found any new information in the case.
     The Escondido Police Department is asking the state for an additional $40,000 to increase the reward for information in the teenager's disappearance.
     That would bring the total reward to $100,000.
     The police department also has three of its officers assigned to the case full time.
     They are still looking for the owner of a red pickup truck that was seen on surveillance footage near the school around the time Amber Dubois disappeared.
     The girl's family has hired a private, specialized search team from Maine, hoping they will help lead them to new information.
     Maurice Dubois says the team's search dogs have had a lot of success in other cases in picking up scents up to a year old.
     A candlelight vigil for Amber Dubois will be held tonight at 8 p.m. in front of Escondido High School.

http://www.sandiego6.com/mostpopular/story/Six-Months-Later-Search-Continues-For-Missing/SwkTbsBYF0u2v9GExdP-rg.cspx

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1229 on: August 14, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »

April 24th, 2009 that is the day LE released the video of the truck to the public but you can bet that LE knew about it long before that!  Why have they not identified the owner?  Surely the were able to get a plate?  Was it stolen, were the plates stolen?  Who knows but I bet that if the person with the truck was involved (which I completely believe that it was), the truck is no longer being used and is either in Mexico, stripped down into little pieces or burnt beyond recognition. 

I cannot believe that it has been 6 months since Amber walked off the face of the earth.  In the beginning I was very nieve and thought that she would show up after a few weeks of some missunderstanding with her parents, etc.

Since I've had time to stew about this I've gone back and forth with theories and scenarios in my head.  IMO, this is sexual in nature.  Amber was either abducted for some sadistic sexual encounter and murdered or is being held as Edward says in some sort of sexual slavery situation.  Either way the last six months have not been pleasant for Amber or her family.  I cannot even begin to comprehend their frustration with the situation.  Yet they wait six months to fly in special dogs from Maine?  That seems quite odd to me.  Are there no S&R teams qualified in & around California?  I'm betting there are.  Have any more searchs been completed since the first few months?  I believe the family closed up their search center.

And what is the deal with SanDiego and the abductions?

Sorry for the RANT.

MAca
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1230 on: August 14, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »

Hi Monkeys,  I never post on the threads but I do follow most of the cases.  I have been here since the beginning of NAH case. I live in the San Diego area.  Last night on the local channel 8 news they said the investigation was taking a new direction. They interviewed the family's PI.  Can't remember his name sorry   and he said there was a good lead that would take him into Mexico. He said that he had not been working on the case lately but that with the new lead it would be easier for him to go looking in Mexico than the LE and the family (who are in New York) agreed. They said she might have been convinced to go  willingly by people she knew but then forced to stay.  I sure hope it leads to finding her...alive.    If I hear more will let you know. Madge
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1231 on: August 14, 2009, 05:45:14 PM »

Machismo ?? taken to Mexico as a kept g/f or wife ?

Is the PI Garcia ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1232 on: August 14, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »

Amber had a Mexican Boyfriend ?? Or she aquainted herself with a Mexican worker from around her home or somebody within her family has Mexican workers ?

You only go to Mexico, if you is Mexicano...
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1233 on: August 14, 2009, 06:12:35 PM »

New Tip in Amber's Case?

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category.asp?c=155799&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=149659&topVideoCatNoB=155712&topVideoCatNoC=155713&topVideoCatNoD=155710&topVideoCatNoE=155711&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4043296&flvUri=

Hat tip to MAca!!!!! I see you up in the rafters sometimes.  Glad you brought this here.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1234 on: August 14, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »

Thanks Lovinlife for finding that..

The PI is Garcia..

We know him from the Laci Peterson case.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1235 on: August 14, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »

Escondido police have received and investigated more than 1,100 tips in the case. They've interviewed more than 550 people, including Amber's family, friends, neighbors, sex offenders who live near the family's Escondido home and every classmate she had this past spring and fall, said Lt. Bob Benton. More than two dozen police investigators and support staff worked on the girl's case shortly after she vanished. Three full-time investigators are still assigned to it, he said.

After all their work, however, they still have no idea what happened to the shy and sheltered girl.

"We all wake up in the middle of the night just pondering, 'What did we miss?'" Benton said. "That takes a toll on us."

In most missing-person investigations, police have something to start with ---- the description of a suspect or perhaps a car involved. With Amber's, they have next to nothing.

Police are still not sure whether the driver of a maroon pickup seen on school surveillance video was involved in Amber's disappearance. The truck was seen exiting the school's maintenance yard at roughly the same time Amber was spotted walking nearby.

"In this case, we're just going down dead end after dead end," said the lieutenant, flanked by more than a dozen thick binders containing interview transcripts, photographs and other original case documents. "It's been so frustrating."

Police do not have any suspects, nor have they ruled anyone out, including family members.

Amber's parents say they want police to explore all possibilities.

"At this point, they're not looking at us as possible suspects," Amber's father said. "If something points in that direction (toward a family member), I would want them to look there."

Amber's father, mother and the mother's longtime boyfriend all voluntarily took polygraph tests shortly after the teen vanished.

Carrie McGonigle, mother of Amber Dubois

Carrie McGonigle, mother of missing teen Amber Dubois, had her daughter's name tattooed on her wrist two weeks ago.

Escondido Police Department Lt. Bob Benton looks at a map of Escondido with markings related to the Amber Dubois case. A small library of binders containing information on the case is on shelves beside the map.

A drawing of a wolf by missing teen Amber Dubois, on display in her room in Escondido.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_446690ab-3040-5b21-b169-a91f0b633da4.html
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1236 on: August 14, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »

For those that can't get the video:

Garcia has tip that suggests that Amber MAY have gone voluntarily but now MAY BE being held against her will outside of Tijuana.

My heart breaks for AmbersGrandmom, Ampersand, Carrie & Moe.  Praying for answers.

MAca
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1237 on: August 14, 2009, 06:34:38 PM »

000000000     Thanks Lovin for getting the link...that is why I never post computer challenged for sure.        Yes I am on SM every day and part of evey night.  I really have athe heart for missing children.
MAca
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1238 on: August 14, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »

Oops fouled that up good.   Sorry 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1239 on: August 14, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »

This was from may 19 2009 from Detective Benton.. The fellow with the map pictured above..

"One tipster thought they saw Amber in a semi-truck, coming across the Mexico border in Tecate.  Our investigators not only found the truck but talked to the driver and the girl who looked similar to Amber, but wasn't her,"said Benton. 

Amber's Mom Has a Theory About Mystery Truck

I thinks, Garcia is running with this one..
It kind of makes sense..
 A American girl gets in a Semi truck driven by a Mexican dribver ? and crosses the border into Mexico ?? The driver appears to admit that there was in fact a girl with him but that it was not Amber ??
How many American girls get into semi trucks and go into Mexico ?? NOT MANY.

Anyways Garcia has talked some stories before.. So Who Knows, he could be just raking down the family for money.
jmho
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.