March 19, 2024, 02:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708942 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1360 on: October 07, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »

To find a live Amber.
Here is something for the family to do..

Contact the San Diego6 news channel and identify the person that left this message..

I called SDPD this morning and reported that I saw her in back of one of the buildings in Balboa Park. She was wearing a pair of green plaid lounge-type pants. And when I asked her if she was Amber she said I'm out of here.

The message was left as a user comment on this news report at the bottom of the page.
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Investigators-Amber-Dubois-Internet-Use-Increased/BjqQI9XLB0GIw1vBrNDMRw.cspx

The person said he/she had contacted SDPD and told them that he/she had seen a possible Amber.

Follow up on it like YOU are the detective and do not depend on LE to do it for you.
I would look for video surveillance camera footage from that day in Balboa park if LE has not already done it.

This was the only reported sighting of Amber from early news reports that I came across..
SD LE should have already notified and investigated this item and informed the family of true/false

If Not then do it on your own.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1361 on: October 08, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »

Hi Edward!
Good to see you! Knowing Carrie, she followed up on this lead long ago, but I will check with her!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1362 on: October 08, 2009, 01:21:43 PM »

One of my detective friends found a 15 year old girl missing from Eureka California near Oregon.
She left voluntarily with a 34 year old white male who she had met online using her friends computer and then he drove up to get her and then they both returned to San Jose where they were found together.

He is in jail..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1363 on: October 08, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »

It just reminds me that 90 percent of the time runaways happen for all kinds of reasons..
We have no idea at this time what the 34 year olds long term intentions were for her..

Only 10 percent of missing person cases involve harm in some way and there is a victim in these cases.

Is Amber within the 10 percent or the 90 percent ?

I ask myself WHY Amber has not contacted her aunt or Grandma or dad or mom to let them know she is ok.. ?????????????????????????
That all comes down to kids today.. Kids today do some strange things. So it is still possible she is alive and any and all things have to be followed up on.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: October 09, 2009, 02:24:22 AM »

I keep hoping Amber ran away too Edward. It would mean that more than likely Amber is alive and well. The problem is that Carrie has left no stone unturned. She diligently follows leads, continuously talks to LE, has been through Amber's things, talked to Amber's friends. There has not been a single indication that Amber ran away. She was quiet, did not have a boyfriend, got great grades, was in 4-H and was not allowed a myspace. Her online activity was monitored and her computer has been gone over more than once with a fine tooth comb. Everytime I think I have a good suggestion on a possible lead, Carrie has already been there, done that. I am so frustrated and it is not my child. I cannot even imagine the frustration for the family. I still cannot believe that someone did not see something or that someone does not know something. I am begging anyone that saw something, even as small or rediculous that you think it may be, PLEASE CALL LE! You can call from a payphone and your identity would be witheld.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1365 on: October 09, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

Do you know if everyone within the 4-h group has been questioned, both adults and children?
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1366 on: October 09, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »

Do you know if everyone within the 4-h group has been questioned, both adults and children?

Hi Tracygirl,
I am sure that they have but I will double check with Carrie. Thank you so much for your interest! Amber needs to come home!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1367 on: October 16, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6296.0
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1368 on: October 16, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »

I was hoping a person close the story can answer a question for me. The red truck that was seen in the parking lot close to where Amber went missing, has that been ruled out? I ask because I don't find much on this truck or any mention of it. It just seems to me that LE should be putting it out there and maybe asking if anyone remembers seeing that truck that day or if anyone knows of a person who drives a truck like that they would like to speak to them.

I ask because for the last 3 nights I have had dreams about Amber and this truck. I just feel now and felt then, it is connected to this case.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1369 on: October 19, 2009, 11:39:54 PM »

I was hoping a person close the story can answer a question for me. The red truck that was seen in the parking lot close to where Amber went missing, has that been ruled out? I ask because I don't find much on this truck or any mention of it. It just seems to me that LE should be putting it out there and maybe asking if anyone remembers seeing that truck that day or if anyone knows of a person who drives a truck like that they would like to speak to them.

I ask because for the last 3 nights I have had dreams about Amber and this truck. I just feel now and felt then, it is connected to this case.

Hi Tracy,.
We are still waiting to hear about the truck. I think the problem has been that there are so many trucks like that in this area. I count tons everytime I go anywhere. I spoke to Carrie, Amber's mom last night and there is nothing new right now except the upcoming get together to celebrate Amber's birthday. I hope a lot of people come out so that it will get some media time. Did you see Carrie on Tyra Banks? Carrie is usually so strong and when I see her cry it breaks my heart! I keep praying for Amber!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1370 on: October 20, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »

Thanks for the response Sebatian. I think what bothers me about the truck is it is not out there. Do you know if the family has considered putting the video clip on the website? Or maybe a pic of the truck on the flyer? I don't know, maybe the FBI has asked it not to be?

I know there are a lot of red trucks such as that one, but the one that was there that day belongs to no one associated with the school according to past reports. Just seem there would be more of an effort to try to find it considering the actions of the driver. 

Certain things stand out to me, the truck being the most obvious and then the workers at the school farm. Seem one of them or someone close to them would have known the kids were to come to school early that day. If only we can figure out what in the world happened that day. I feel the answer is right there....who knows though.

BTW, this was not pointed at the family, not at all. I didn't catch the tara banks show. I also could not find a link to the spot, do you have one to post?

I pray everyday for Amber and her family to be reunited one again. 
AmbersMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1371 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:36 AM »

Story in Union Tribune

Amber Dubois, 14, last seen in February
By J. Harry Jones
Union-Tribune Staff Writer
2:00 a.m. October 19, 2009

In August, police thought they had found Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old Escondido girl missing since February.
For three weeks, they had been tracking a girl who had been seen near Garberville in Humboldt County.
“Somebody saw a flier and said, ‘Wow, I'm sure that's her,’ ” said Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton.
Escondido police contacted deputies in the county 700 miles away, and more fliers were distributed.
More tips came in. The girl looked like Amber, and she had told people that was her name. She had also told people she was from Escondido.
“We thought we had it solved,” Benton said.
But like so many leads and tips since Amber disappeared, the efforts were for naught.
Deputies found the girl, whose name really is Amber. And she had run away from her home in Escondido — Escondido Lakes, Wash. She was 17.
“Talk about your coincidences,” Benton said. “We thought for sure it was her. That's been the toughest part in the emotional roller coaster of getting what we believe are very credible tips and that Amber would be coming home, to the realization that it's not her.”
Escondido police, with the assistance at one time or another of dozens of law enforcement agencies — including the FBI — continue to search for Amber. They have been able to determine to some extent what didn't happen through a process of elimination, but what did happen remains a mystery.
Tips keep coming in about possible sightings. On Friday, Benton said, a tip prompted a search for Amber in South Carolina.
“Fresh eyes” in the department are reviewing thousands of pages of transcribed interviews and tips to make sure nothing has been overlooked.
“It's very frustrating from our standpoint that for the amount of time and resources we've thrown at this thing that we have yet to locate her or find out what happened to Amber,” Benton said.

Last seen Feb. 13
Amber was last seen at 7:10 a.m. Feb. 13 walking to Escondido High School on North Broadway. She was walking with a tall boy who has yet to be identified.
Two video recordings made from cameras at the school show that Amber did not keep walking toward the campus.
It's possible, though police think it unlikely, that she was abducted on the street. It's also possible she walked across the football field or turned around and headed north. The cameras would have recorded her if she had walked past the football field or near the main building.
By the next day, police were very concerned. They interviewed her family and friends.
“Essentially, we found out she is a normal 14-year-old,” Benton said. “She liked to read. She was somewhat of a loner, but it was very much out of character for her to be missing, and that's why we jumped on this case early on. We realized it was very suspicious. We've been working it full time ever since.”
On average, 550 missing-person reports come into Escondido police each year. Most concern teenagers, usually runaways found within a few days.
Nationally, it is estimated that more than 1 million children go missing for at least a short while each year. The vast majority are found within a day.
It has been more than eight months since Amber disappeared.
More than 500 interviews of friends, family, sex offenders and others have been conducted during the search.
More than 1,200 tips have come in. Many are useless, like suggestions that police check her cell phone records, which was done immediately. Some are far-fetched, like those from people claiming to be psychics who report such things as, “I see her standing by a white fence.”
A $100,000 reward for information has been offered.
Amber's cell phone went dead the morning she disappeared and was activated once, for only a few seconds, the next day.
“We don't know what significance that has,” Benton said.
Experts have dug into the computers Amber used, and even today some of the Internet activity isn't fully known because servers are located out of the country. Investigators say Amber didn't have any online activity that might suggest she was thinking of running away or that she was in contact with someone who might mean her harm.
A red pickup seen in a grainy video parked in the school bus lot near the football field has been all but dismissed as a lead.
“We think we've identified it,” Benton said. “We're hoping to confirm soon that the red truck had nothing to do with the case.”
Two months ago, police thought they had another strong lead.
They were getting tips about the sighting of a girl who looked just like Amber. She had been seen in the San Francisco area, as well as in parts of Central California and even Yosemite National Park.
Sam Rubin of Holtville said he picked up a girl and boy in Yosemite on July 29 or 30 who told him that they had been camping and that a bear had eaten their food.
On his way home, Rubin saw an Amber flier in a gas station in Lake Tahoe and was “99 percent” sure it was Amber he had picked up.
Police tracked the girl for weeks, and finally authorities found her in Clearlake, about 100 miles northwest of Sacramento.
She gave a false name, and Clearlake police sent Escondido her photograph. They, too, thought it was Amber.
It wasn't. It was a 15-year-old girl who looked remarkably similar and had run away from home in Antioch in the Bay Area three months earlier. She was returned to her mother.

Upcoming birthday
Amber will turn 15 on Sunday.
Her mother, Carrie McGonigle, and father, Maurice Dubois, have been doing all they can to keep Amber's case in the spotlight in the hope of generating more tips.
They've recently appeared on two nationally syndicated television shows and made headlines last month when they criticized the police for not doing enough. They have since met with police and have softened their criticism.
“There were some miscommunications,” Maurice Dubois said. “We were not told specifics about the case at the time. It's an open investigation, so we can't be told everything. We know that.”
The search and the waiting are difficult, he said.
“Yesterday was the eight-month anniversary of her disappearance. That was rough,” Dubois said Wednesday. “Planning a candlelight vigil for her 15th birthday, that's been rougher.”
The vigil will likely be at Lake Dixon in Escondido, but plans have not yet been completed.
Where do police go from here?
Benton said detectives will follow any new leads.
“If you're sitting at home reading this article and you think you have information that is significant — call,” said Lt. Craig Carter. “It's going to be that one piece of information that's going to push us over the edge. We'd like to have that one piece of information.”

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1372 on: October 20, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »

Thanks for the response Sebatian. I think what bothers me about the truck is it is not out there. Do you know if the family has considered putting the video clip on the website? Or maybe a pic of the truck on the flyer? I don't know, maybe the FBI has asked it not to be?

I know there are a lot of red trucks such as that one, but the one that was there that day belongs to no one associated with the school according to past reports. Just seem there would be more of an effort to try to find it considering the actions of the driver. 

Certain things stand out to me, the truck being the most obvious and then the workers at the school farm. Seem one of them or someone close to them would have known the kids were to come to school early that day. If only we can figure out what in the world happened that day. I feel the answer is right there....who knows though.

BTW, this was not pointed at the family, not at all. I didn't catch the tara banks show. I also could not find a link to the spot, do you have one to post?

Hi Tracy,
If you read all of the article that Carrie posted, the truck has pretty much been eliminated. It was the ONE LEAD. C
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: October 20, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

Hi Tracy,
If you read all of the article that Carrie posted, the truck has pretty much been eliminated. It was the ONE LEAD. Can you imagine the frustration now! Carrie and LE have been over the tapes at the high school and nothing!  Carrie made me watch Amber's video that she made. It is posted. It shows Amber from the time she was a baby until now. I did not want to watch it because I knew it would break my heart. It actually gave me renewed vigor to think of ANYTHING at all to bring this precious daughter home to Carrie! I have gotten to know Carrie and she is so incredibly strong! She tries to be tough but her heart of gold shines through. She is very smart and has done so much to try to find Amber. Carrie and I both tend to let our children walk on us a bit. Therefore I know the bond that she has with Amber as I have it with my daughter. Carrie is a wonderful, loving mother and whenever I try to put myself in her shoes, and imagine it is my daughter who is missing, I go insane. Yet Carrie continues to be a good mom to her other daughter and has gone back to work and continues to do everthing and anything to find Amber. I admire her more than she could ever know!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1374 on: October 20, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »

Carrie thank you for posting the article. Oh my goodness how frustrating. I was hoping the red truck was the answer, if this article is correct and LE is giving out the correct information, it is not. People don't just go poof, she has to be somewhere. She will be found, I pray it is soon.

I can't seriously believe the FBI considers the phone powering on as something insignificant. The phone never really made me go hmmm because someone could have found it and simply replaced the sims card inside. I guess though it can give an idea of where maybe she was at that day? Maybe she dropped her phone or someone dumped it and it was found by someone? Did they ever find out where the ping was at? Did they narrow down the area?

Sebastian, you are a good friend to Carrie, she needs you right now, actually, she like other mothers/parents of these kids, needs the support of everyone. You are doing good.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1375 on: October 24, 2009, 12:02:36 AM »

Carrie thank you for posting the article. Oh my goodness how frustrating. I was hoping the red truck was the answer, if this article is correct and LE is giving out the correct information, it is not. People don't just go poof, she has to be somewhere. She will be found, I pray it is soon.

I can't seriously believe the FBI considers the phone powering on as something insignificant. The phone never really made me go hmmm because someone could have found it and simply replaced the sims card inside. I guess though it can give an idea of where maybe she was at that day? Maybe she dropped her phone or someone dumped it and it was found by someone? Did they ever find out where the ping was at? Did they narrow down the area?

Sebastian, you are a good friend to Carrie, she needs you right now, actually, she like other mothers/parents of these kids, needs the support of everyone. You are doing good.

Hi Tracygirl!'
It is Amber's birthday this week-end. I am asking everyone to please say an extra prayer for Amber and Carrie and the rest of their family this week-end. It is an extremely hard time and Carrie is feeling really down. Happy Birthday Amber! We are praying for you and everyone in the family! Let God bring you home!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1376 on: October 24, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/41687/

Teen found in New York is not Amber Dubois

Saturday, October 24th, 2009.

ESCONDIDO - A teenage girl who responds to "Amber" and who mysteriously turned up in New York City two weeks ago is not Amber Dubois, the teen missing from Escondido since February, authorities said today.

The girl in New York is believed by social workers and doctors there to have a legitimate case of amnesia, and claims to have no memory of her family, home or even her own name. The coincidence prompted Escondido police to query New York police, and a watch commander today said detectives had determined that the girl in New York is not the missing Escondido teen.

Escondido police have interviewed more than 500 people, served more than 50 judicial subpoenas and followed up on more than 1,000 tips since 14-year-old Amber first went missing Feb. 13.

Amber Dubois' parents plan to reach out to the public again Sunday as they remember their daughter's birthday.

The young woman found in New York, described as between 14 and 17 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall, light-skinned, with short, straight, cropped blond hair and blue eyes, bears a resemblance to Amber and has responded to that name, though she's apparently not certain who she is.

"I just want to know who I am," the girl said in a statement from the New York City Administration for Children's Services, reported by CNN. The teen, who is being referred to as Jane Doe, continued, "I want to know who I am and what happened to me."

But Amber Dubois' parents continue to search for their daughter, whose 15th birthday is tomorrow.

At a prayer vigil in September, her family criticized Escondido police, saying not enough was being done to find her. "Our daughter is not getting what she needs to be recovered," Amber's father, Moe Dubois said at the time.

The family said police failed to act quickly on a tip received Aug. 24 from someone who may have seen the teen at a business, and the business' surveillance video has since been erased. The family also alleges that police failed to respond in timely fashion after tracking dogs brought to the region

by the family last month picked up her scent.

Police said they remain viligant in the search for the Escondido High School teen.

She is described on the family's Web site, www.bringamberhome.com as 14 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen while walking to school.

Amber's case is classified as a missing person investigation because police do not know if she ran away or was kidnapped. Friends and family have described her as a studious, well-behaved adolescent who loves her home and her family and has no history of running away.

Her family asked anyone with information to call (760) 743-8477. There is a $50,000 reward for the teen's safe return and an addition $50,000 offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction in California of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1377 on: October 25, 2009, 11:50:51 PM »

Happy Birthday Amber!  Praying for your safe return! an angelic monkey
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1378 on: October 25, 2009, 11:56:20 PM »

Happy Birthday Amber! You are so loved and everyone wants you home!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: October 26, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_a6ef45ff-afeb-5700-909e-b1640af3f96c.html

ESCONDIDO: Party for missing birthday girl a somber affair

By SARAH GORDON - sgordon@nctimes.com | Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:20 pm

There was cake, balloons and a picnic lunch.

But with the birthday girl missing for more than eight months, no one really expected a happy birthday.

Still, about 50 family members, friends and a handful of well-wishers from the community attended a celebration and prayer vigil at Escondido's Dixon Lake Recreation Area on Sunday to mark Amber Dubois' 15th birthday.

"Sitting at home at a time like this is the last thing we want to do," said Maurice Dubois, Amber's father.

Dubois said the company of others who care about his daughter was some comfort during the painful birthday milestone. And although she is missing, suspending the family's tradition of a party and cake on Amber's birthday might have been more painful, he said.

"We want to try to keep things as normal as we can," Dubois said. "It's been hard enough changing everything in our lives."

Dubois, who is divorced from Amber's mother, lives in Orange County. He recently returned to work after taking eight months off to concentrate on the search for Amber, though he plans to continue his efforts, he said.

A poster and a photo album that circulated at Sunday's gathering showed pictures of Amber at her past birthday parties.

On her first birthday, Amber already had a full head of brown hair and ate cake in a high chair. On her third birthday, she wore a court jester's cap. At her 14th birthday party last year, she jumped into a swimming pool at her mom's house.

"This is a great album," said Amber's aunt, Stacy Harker.

Harker said her niece would have loved the birthday picnic, set overlooking a bright blue Lake Dixon under a clear sky. The park, along with adjacent Daily Ranch were places where search and rescue operations concentrated in the early days of Amber's disappearance. Harker couldn't help entertaining a fantasy.

"I'd love to see her come walking up here right now so we could have a happy party rather than a sad party," the Corona relative said.

Amber was last seen Feb. 13 walking near Escondido High School, on her way to class. Despite an investigation that police describe as one of the most intense they've done, her disappearance remains a mystery. Her parents believe she was abducted and is being held by a stranger.

Family friend Joe Peters said he hoped Amber would be able to see pictures of the cake and party she missed.

"Hopefully we'll share the event with her soon," he said.

Carrie McGonigle, Amber's mother, said Sunday's gathering gave her some respite from a grief that grows every day.

"I'm not crying right now," she said.

She noted that the birthday cake did not say, "Happy Birthday."

"I don't even know if she knows it's her birthday," she said, speculating that Amber may be learning a new life from whoever is holding her.

Because they think she is alive, Amber's family believes publicity is the key to finding her. Next week, the family will send a mailer to about 27,000 law enforcement agencies asking for help, McGonigle said. The mailer includes a removable poster and an introduction by Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton, she said.

Moe Dubois said the recently publicized case of a teenager with amnesia found in New York City who responded to the name of "Amber," showed him publicity is working.

While Dubois' hope when he first learned of the New York City teen was short-lived ---- a quick Web search showed pictures of a girl who was not his daughter ---- he said more than 80 people from across the country e-mailed or called him about the case.

"It's good to know there are so many people who are aware of Amber and who will actually get in touch with us," he said.

Call staff writer Sarah Gordon at 760-740-3517.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.