March 19, 2024, 02:12:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708941 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1400 on: November 04, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »

If it is the BF then, Amber please call home..

All good thoughts Chi Monkey. Anything is possible for sure as we appear to have almost nothing.
We do have an attempt to connect on a phone the next day..
Teen on teen violence is all to common these days, it could have been Amber or another person.
mo.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1401 on: November 04, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »

If we start at the beginning yet again, perhaps we could find some new clues/ideas.  My first question is this:  when Carrie told Amber good-bye and left early for work, was Amber then alone in the house?

If she was alone, burglars could have struck and caught at home.  That has happened  in  my neighborhood when the burglars don't know kids are home because they have been trained not to answer the door when alone, so the thieves break on in.   I have read the crime reports for that time and neighborhood and believe this is possible.   

I really would like to know if little sister and Dave were still home when Carrie left, and if so did they also say good-bye to Amber, and did they see her leave for school?

Please, does anyone know this answer. 

Chi-M
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1402 on: November 04, 2009, 05:55:21 PM »

All good thoughts Chi Monkey. Anything is possible for sure as we appear to have almost nothing.
Teen on teen violence is all to common these days, it could have been Amber or another person.
mo.

Edward, I remember us pleading to know the exact tower to which the cell connected but did we ever get that answer?   Also, wasn't it too brief to triangulate?   Even if so, it is something.

I still contend this is the only "hard" information we have about Amber after she disappeared. 

Chi-M

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1403 on: November 05, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »

mo.

Edward, I remember us pleading to know the exact tower to which the cell connected but did we ever get that answer?   Also, wasn't it too brief to triangulate?   Even if so, it is something.

I still contend this is the only "hard" information we have about Amber after she disappeared. 

Chi-M

Hi Chi-Monkey,
Do you know how I can get the moderators to delete lovin-life's email? Also, you have asked some really good questions. I called Carrie and she said she will come online and read them and respond to you.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: November 05, 2009, 02:06:42 AM »

mo.

Chi-M

Hi Chi-Monkey,
Do you know how I can get the moderators to delete lovin-life's email? Also, you have asked some really good questions. I called Carrie and she said she will come online and read them and respond to you.

Hi Chi-Monkey,
I just thought that you should know that I met Carrie after Amber disappeared. I too, thought that perhaps Amber left on her own, maybe with a boyfriend. I know longer feel that way for many reasons, but the biggest reason is that I met one of Amber's best friends. You would have to know what Amber and her friends are like. They are quiet, good students, very young acting for their age. They are not street smart by any means, if you know what I mean. I grilled Amber's friend and she was very open and sweet. She said that Amber just was not interested in boys yet. She said it was almost as if Amber thought "they have cooties". I believe her. You would have to know the group that she hung around with to know what I mean. They are still in that gawky stage and are book smart but not life smart. They would never be the type to wear a provacative outfit or do drugs, etc. I hope this helps somewhat.
AmbersMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1405 on: November 05, 2009, 05:18:44 AM »

Everytime I type a long msg on this site, the site times out and I lose the whole thing!!
Chi I will answer your questions in the morning when I am awake!

Carrie
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1406 on: November 05, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »

Hi Lovinglife,
Dave, Carrie's ex live in boyfriend does not have a storage space. Where are you?
I am here Sebastian.  Real life has been EXTREEMLY busy. Can you email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxx@live.com?  Thanks for checking that out.  Like I said, probably nothing. 

Chi-Monkey~I did not intentionally leave out Dave, I totally forgot about him when I asked the question. Sorry for any confusion.

No problem, I just wouldn't like to forget Dave.  As Edward could tell, I am both reading and taking notes. LOL

Chi-M

There is a link on lower right corner of each post "notifiy ...".  Just click that, or e-mail smklass@hotmail.com.  (Hope I  am remembering that right, but if not will a mod please remove this too)  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:53:47 AM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1407 on: November 05, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »

Well, I could not "report " to a mod from anything with my posting on it, so I backed way up to ask to remove the e-mail address.  Klass usually helps us with this kind of need to exchange e-mail addys off the forum.   

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1408 on: November 05, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »

Everytime I type a long msg on this site, the site times out and I lose the whole thing!!
Chi I will answer your questions in the morning when I am awake!

Carrie

We know exactly how frustrating that is.   I wonder if we can write outside in notepad or something and paste it over.  On the other hand, if I write a long post because I'm all wound up, sometimes I take it as Gods way of saying "Chi... be quiet".  I have dug many a hole with my pointy tongue. 

Carrie am so glad to see you post again.  Please know that we do really want to help you any way we can.

Chi-M   
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1409 on: November 05, 2009, 09:55:41 AM »

mo.

Chi-M

Hi Chi-Monkey,

Hi Chi-Monkey,
I just thought that you should know that I met Carrie after Amber disappeared. I too, thought that perhaps Amber left on her own, maybe with a boyfriend. I know longer feel that way for many reasons, but the biggest reason is that I met one of Amber's best friends. You would have to know what Amber and her friends are like. They are quiet, good students, very young acting for their age. They are not street smart by any means, if you know what I mean. I grilled Amber's friend and she was very open and sweet. She said that Amber just was not interested in boys yet. She said it was almost as if Amber thought "they have cooties". I believe her. You would have to know the group that she hung around with to know what I mean. They are still in that gawky stage and are book smart but not life smart. They would never be the type to wear a provacative outfit or do drugs, etc. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks.  That's about what I thought about Amber and friends.  This is the age group I taught in the Loooooong Ago.   They are so cute and funny about then.  They can switch from child to young adult and back within one short conversation.  Sometimes within a sentence. lol

What they say and what they really think may be very different   I suspect Amber knew they did not "have cooties".   (At least not all the time.)

I don't really think she ran off with a new BF, just wishing she had.

Chi-M

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1410 on: November 05, 2009, 10:57:09 AM »

Well, I could not "report " to a mod from anything with my posting on it, so I backed way up to ask to remove the e-mail address.  Klass usually helps us with this kind of need to exchange e-mail addys off the forum.   

I believe I edited the original post with the email addy and all the quoted posts following.  I thought I had gotten them all earlier but just saw that last one.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1411 on: November 05, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »

I believe I edited the original post with the email addy and all the quoted posts following.  I thought I had gotten them all earlier but just saw that last one.

Thank you so much!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1412 on: November 05, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »

I think knowing she wasn't street smart or experienced concerns me even more. Young girls can be taken in by older wiser men/boys very easily.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1413 on: November 05, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

Edward can I have klas send you my email? I would like to discuss something with you off the board if you don't mind.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1414 on: November 05, 2009, 12:37:08 PM »

I think knowing she wasn't street smart or experienced concerns me even more. Young girls can be taken in by older wiser men/boys very easily.
I totally agree Tracygirl. 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1415 on: November 05, 2009, 12:39:20 PM »

I totally agree Tracygirl. 

It is concerning isn't it? I didn't like reading that at all.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1416 on: November 05, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »

Edward can I have klas send you my email? I would like to discuss something with you off the board if you don't mind.

Please do.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1417 on: November 05, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »

Thank you so much!

YW, sebastian.       

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1418 on: November 05, 2009, 02:23:33 PM »

Please do.

Thanks Edward I sent Klaas an email to send you my email. At your convenience of course, please drop me a line and we can discuss some stuff.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1419 on: November 07, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »

Was Amber alone in the house when she left for school?   If no then who was still there?

I realize that going back through all the posts is extremely time consuming, so here are some pertinent quotes:

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=63583

Where Is Amber Dubois?

Family of missing teen clings to hope
No new leads in case

Chris Nichols
North County Times
February 19, 2009

Amber's father and mother, along with the mother's boyfriend, all voluntarily
 took and passed polygraph tests, Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton said earlier
 this week. They have been ruled out as suspects, he said.

Garcia, the private investigator who said he has 17 years' experience, said
computers from both the mother's and father's homes are being searched by
authorities for any electronic clue the teen may have left.

He and Amber's father said the girl sent several text messages to her grandmother
and one to a friend before going to school Feb. 13. They said the messages did not
provide information about her whereabouts or seem suspicious.

The girl's cell phone was shut off shortly after the messages were sent,
Garcia added, noting police relayed information about the phone to the family.
The phone was turned back on once on Saturday afternoon when someone tried
unsuccessfully to access the phone's voicemail and then shut off again shortly
after, they said, adding no further readings from the phone have been retrieved.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_217413a6-8d0e-5cdd-a691-433ffa160967.html

Missing Escondido teen's Web activity focus of search warrants

TERI FIGUEROA - Staff Writer | Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:00 am |

In court documents obtained Friday by the North County Times, Escondido police
state that two of Amber's friends told a police detective Feb. 19 that the teenager
 had told each of them she had been spending time online talking to boys.

One of her friends told officers she tried to dissuade Amber from doing so,
"due to her type of conversations that Amber stated she was talking about and
the dangers associated with this behavior," according to the search warrant
affidavit from Escondido police Officer Damon Vander Vorst.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=6940098&pid=81
One of Amber's classmates was the last person known to speak with Amber
the morning she disappeared.

Garcia, the private investigator, likened his hunch to something not "clicking."
He also pointed to a series of phone calls that showed up on Amber's cell phone
records. When he called that number, the young man on the other line, he said,
denied knowing the teen. But Garcia said he later found out the number reportedly
belonged to a boyfriend of Amber's friend.

Benton said they have interviewed Amber's friends several times, as well as other
students at the school, and will continue to keep in contact with them as part of
the investigation.

Monkeys, please help with this?  I am very concerned about Amber's phone and friends.   It does not seem unlikely to me that a teen who drives could stop by and offer Amber a ride to school, but take her elsewhere.   We cannot learn much about underage friends, but I hope LE has been pressed about the teenagers involved.   If all this has been settled, please tell me and I'll try to drop my questions.     Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.