March 19, 2024, 05:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 709013 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1480 on: December 11, 2009, 01:07:42 AM »

San Luis Obispo is 2 hours from my home on the west coast.. It is a tourist location of Pismo Beach and is also a college town where there is other missing unsolved missing.
This freak of nature traveled by train all the way across the country from Michigan by train !!! and stayed in a hotel with her.

She went willingly.. 

I just do not understand...

WTF ?? HE IS UGLY !!

Anyways she is safe and not disappeared.. Thank God and Good people that found her.

Hi Edward!
I agree 100%! This is one scary ugly SOB! I don't know why these young girls go off with these guys. The only thing that I can possibly think of is low self esteem or lack of a father figure. It just does not make any sense. Carrie has sent Amber's computer to many different people for analysis. They have yet to find anything that would lead to the possibility of Amber having met someone on the internet. I also spoke to her best friend and she does not think Amber was even interested in guys yet. You probably know the amount of hours Carrie spends online looking for ANYTHING! I just cannot believe Amber went poof! She must have known the person, even if it was just an acquaintance. Nothing else makes any sense at all. But who?
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1481 on: December 11, 2009, 01:09:24 AM »

Can anyone tell us if anything came from the people magazines article?

Hi Tracygirl,
I have heard that LE continues to get calls and leads. Having said this, I am not aware of any that have panned out unless LE is keeping it close to their vests.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1482 on: December 11, 2009, 01:11:48 AM »

Hi All,
I am curious about something and I am not a great internet sleuther. I try, but....... Anyways, I went back and re-read many things on different sites regarding Amber. On IS there was an article about a woman that looked like Amber that someone tried to abduct several times in Escondido prior to Amber going missing. I clicked on the link and the story is now gone. Can anyone help me find this article? Someone with a lot more know how than me?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1483 on: December 11, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »

from what i herd..notta

I hope at least one of the 6 is located although People Magazine doesn't have the longest shelf life. I think a new one comes out every week?

Can someone tell me if ambers mom has had a PI investigate every lead that came in, regardless of what it was? Let me tell you a story. Years ago I was a witness to a young girl being with her abductor, I called it in, told them what freeway I saw them on, what type of truck they were driving in along with the licence plate. I know if LE had taken me seriously they would have found this girl alive and not dead in a freezer 2 years later. So the moral of this story is, LE has theories and if it doesn't fit with the theory or if it doesn't make sense to them, they will not investigate it fully.

Somebody had to see something that day, had to see a young girl in a car/truck/van and something struck them as odd and called it in, someone, somewhere.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1484 on: December 11, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »

from what i herd..notta

I hope at least one of the 6 is located although People Magazine doesn't have the longest shelf life. I think a new one comes out every week?

Can someone tell me if ambers mom has had a PI investigate every lead that came in, regardless of what it was? Let me tell you a story. Years ago I was a witness to a young girl being with her abductor, I called it in, told them what freeway I saw them on, what type of truck they were driving in along with the licence plate. I know if LE had taken me seriously they would have found this girl alive and not dead in a freezer 2 years later. So the moral of this story is, LE has theories and if it doesn't fit with the theory or if it doesn't make sense to them, they will not investigate it fully.

Somebody had to see something that day, had to see a young girl in a car/truck/van and something struck them as odd and called it in, someone, somewhere.

Hi Tracygirl,
I know that Carrie still has a PI and her mother also has her own PI. Some of the leads come in via the website and some come in to LE. I think LE tells Carrie about some of the leads, but certainly not all of them. I don't know how she would go about getting the ones that they deem invalid. Do you? TIA
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1485 on: December 11, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »

Well I would assume she or the PI's could start by asking for a copy of all the leads that have come in? I would guess they have done that, but I suggest to also make sure there are no leads that have simply been deemed as unreliable or unrealistic.

I know in the case that I spoke of, my lead was put in a pile of unreliable leads because I didn't call in right away but rather waited 30 min until I arrived at work, this was pre cell phone. Come to find out a girl I worked with was friends with the missing girl and when I was telling my story she told me of her friend and I called in. Also when the trial started I called the DA and asked them if they got my lead and if they needed my information of what I saw that day. I told her what happened and she told me the color of the truck I said was not the same color as what they had so they didn't feel they needed my account. It sickens me to this day because the girl they claim died the night she was taken actually didn't and from the looks of her she endured much abuse. I feel her story has never  been fully told and that to me is sad.
Anyway, I digress. I know in the beginning it was believed Amber may have ran away so if a tip came in from a person who saw amber it may not have fit their profile and been given the proper attention. Maybe I am grasping at straws, but I cannot not believe to this day, there has not been nothing and all leads so far has added up to zip. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1486 on: December 12, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

Well I would assume she or the PI's could start by asking for a copy of all the leads that have come in? I would guess they have done that, but I suggest to also make sure there are no leads that have simply been deemed as unreliable or unrealistic.

I know in the case that I spoke of, my lead was put in a pile of unreliable leads because I didn't call in right away but rather waited 30 min until I arrived at work, this was pre cell phone. Come to find out a girl I worked with was friends with the missing girl and when I was telling my story she told me of her friend and I called in. Also when the trial started I called the DA and asked them if they got my lead and if they needed my information of what I saw that day. I told her what happened and she told me the color of the truck I said was not the same color as what they had so they didn't feel they needed my account. It sickens me to this day because the girl they claim died the night she was taken actually didn't and from the looks of her she endured much abuse. I feel her story has never  been fully told and that to me is sad.
Anyway, I digress. I know in the beginning it was believed Amber may have ran away so if a tip came in from a person who saw amber it may not have fit their profile and been given the proper attention. Maybe I am grasping at straws, but I cannot not believe to this day, there has not been nothing and all leads so far has added up to zip. 

Hi Tracy,
I am with you on this. It is unbelievable that NONE of the tips have panned out. There truly have been thousands. I spoke to Carrie and she said that she feels confident that LE is following up on them all at this point. She has a good liason with LE and she trusts her. Very little gets by Carrie. Truly! I cannot even begin to tell you how many things that she and I have looked into. I still do not have a good feeling about some of the friends. If you check their "myspace" accounts, there is very little mention of Amber AT ALL! I find that odd. You would think that if a teen has a friend that goes missing, it would be talked about ALOT. I have not been a teen in many years, but I find their re-action to the whole situation cold and aloof at best. I have checked and checked on all sorts of different sites and have never once found any mention or hint that she may have runaway. Either she was abducted or these are the tightest lipped group of teens ever!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1487 on: December 13, 2009, 02:29:56 AM »

Hi Tracy,
I am with you on this. It is unbelievable that NONE of the tips have panned out. There truly have been thousands. I spoke to Carrie and she said that she feels confident that LE is following up on them all at this point. She has a good liason with LE and she trusts her. Very little gets by Carrie. Truly! I cannot even begin to tell you how many things that she and I have looked into. I still do not have a good feeling about some of the friends. If you check their "myspace" accounts, there is very little mention of Amber AT ALL! I find that odd. You would think that if a teen has a friend that goes missing, it would be talked about ALOT. I have not been a teen in many years, but I find their re-action to the whole situation cold and aloof at best. I have checked and checked on all sorts of different sites and have never once found any mention or hint that she may have runaway. Either she was abducted or these are the tightest lipped group of teens ever!

Sebatian I still suggest that she personally looks into if there were any leads in the beginning of this case that the police simply didn't pay attention to. I know I spoke of my situation, but this happens all of the time. There are calls that come in and sound  so outrageous LE doesn't give them attention, however who is to say that the one lead that was once deemed as crazy could not have been the one that leads us to Amber. Did you know many times a mentally disabled person calling in that lead is not taken seriously? They are not considered a reliable witness. I also would also suggest that she ask how the leads were looked into. After all if 1000's of leads come in what police force has the man power to personally go and check it out. They had to of sorted out leads and I bet there are a few that didn't get the attention or due diligence some did.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1488 on: December 13, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »

One more user comment... Take it or leave it.. jmho

just me
Tuesday, March 17, 2009I do not want to bring false hope however, I do want to help Amber get home. I'm sure I sound crazy and maybe I am, but I could not let it go. Last night a friend of mine, out of the blue, said "I drove by a sign with Amber Dubois name on it and I experienced something really strange". He continued on to say that Amber was taken by someone she knew, not personally, but someone she saw everyday either driving by , or someone that maybe used to wave to her all the time, he offered to get her stoned. My friend seems to think Amber liked to smoke pot. He said that is why she got in this mans car on her own free will. He said Amber was taken to a house near the school on a street called Nina. The house is coral color with white trim and it has dividers on the window. There is a dark green or dark blue older style truck sitting at or near the house. I have never been in that area but I drove there tonight. I could not see the house colors well because it was dark, but as I drove down nina there was a house with dividers in the window and outside on the street was a green older style truck. In the driveway was a dark blue older style truck. I called and told him about what I saw on the street and asked him if he were bullshitting or not. He said "I've never been on that street". he stated it just came to him and it was so overwhelming, he thinks the police should hit every house on that street at 5am and search for Amber or evidence of her. The mind is a powerful thing and can often play tricks on us, but like I said I could not let it go. I think my friend is psychic, but I know there has been many cases solved by psychics. If that were my daughter I would of had a psychic involved immediately. The police didn't handle that other missing girls case very well. The one where they arrested the brother and his friend and let them sit in juvenile hall forever without looking into other leads. Anyway, I do not know Amber or her family. I never heard of her until news broke she was missing. Now I may never forget her. I pray she is found.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10012681

This is a map of that street mentioned.. and it has a street view on the map so you can look up and down the street.
I agree with one thing... The Human mind is a very powerful thing... So who knows, anything is possible..
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIC_enUS317US317&q=nina+drive++escondido

Last time I taled with Carrie I promised to find this one and bring it forward for review.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1489 on: December 13, 2009, 03:40:08 PM »

Thanks Edward for posting this. This is the type of lead I was referring to, one that seems a bit odd or unrealistic. We just never know.....I went on google and found this street, I have to say there are a lot of houses within the color scheme and which also have trucks. So far I have not found anyone with criminal records which show violent behavior, (I have a paid site, but it is only as good as what it can find). One house has younger people living there, a young man in his early 30's and a young woman in her early 20's. Another house has a middle aged man living with his parents, from what I can gather, he has had a few violations regarding traffic, but for his age seems a little inappropriate, having to do with window tinting and lights. To me that seems like something a younger man would do.
I did find 2 SO in that direct area. One on Vista and another on Ash. Both were convicted on lewd charges with children under 14, but still, thier "taste" could have changed. One is an older man and one is a hispanic middle aged man.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=CA1869525005062&aID=213704126&at=1&sid={7ABF2C77-AD7E-4092-9F83-62A318E22964}&lat=33.153263&long=-117.086838&clr=%23ff0000&rm=0

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=CA18698144B7329&aID=213710421&at=1&sid={F7DD97C7-2817-4A53-8A2F-D9AC1B9D2E44}&lat=33.15650518433566&long=-117.08683490753174&clr=%23ff0000&rm=0

If there is anyone to be checked into, I would not mind running a backround on them. Like I said though, these sites are not always 100%.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1490 on: December 14, 2009, 01:39:41 AM »

One more user comment... Take it or leave it.. jmho

just me
Tuesday, March 17, 2009I do not want to bring false hope however, I do want to help Amber get home. I'm sure I sound crazy and maybe I am, but I could not let it go. Last night a friend of mine, out of the blue, said "I drove by a sign with Amber Dubois name on it and I experienced something really strange". He continued on to say that Amber was taken by someone she knew, not personally, but someone she saw everyday either driving by , or someone that maybe used to wave to her all the time, he offered to get her stoned. My friend seems to think Amber liked to smoke pot. He said that is why she got in this mans car on her own free will. He said Amber was taken to a house near the school on a street called Nina. The house is coral color with white trim and it has dividers on the window. There is a dark green or dark blue older style truck sitting at or near the house. I have never been in that area but I drove there tonight. I could not see the house colors well because it was dark, but as I drove down nina there was a house with dividers in the window and outside on the street was a green older style truck. In the driveway was a dark blue older style truck. I called and told him about what I saw on the street and asked him if he were bullshitting or not. He said "I've never been on that street". he stated it just came to him and it was so overwhelming, he thinks the police should hit every house on that street at 5am and search for Amber or evidence of her. The mind is a powerful thing and can often play tricks on us, but like I said I could not let it go. I think my friend is psychic, but I know there has been many cases solved by psychics. If that were my daughter I would of had a psychic involved immediately. The police didn't handle that other missing girls case very well. The one where they arrested the brother and his friend and let them sit in juvenile hall forever without looking into other leads. Anyway, I do not know Amber or her family. I never heard of her until news broke she was missing. Now I may never forget her. I pray she is found.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10012681

This is a map of that street mentioned.. and it has a street view on the map so you can look up and down the street.
I agree with one thing... The Human mind is a very powerful thing... So who knows, anything is possible..
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIC_enUS317US317&q=nina+drive++escondido

Last time I taled with Carrie I promised to find this one and bring it forward for review.

Hi Edward,
I am pretty sure that I told Carrie about this when you posted it a while back. I think she has driven by but I will ask again. The drug thing is all wrong. Amber was not into it, but who knows about the other. There is also a hispanic guy who posts ugly things locally quite often. Calls himself Escoviejo. I think he uses other names as well. I don't know what his agenda is. I still have not been able to find the article about the woman who someone tried to abduct prior to Amber. Supposedly she looked like Amber. I have heard that a psychic is saying that Amber was taken across the street from the high school where there are walls? I need to drive by the school again. Then there is someone recently posting all over youtube stating that
Amber was seen in Mexico City with an older guy who has sandy blonde/gray hair. He then goes on to say that she was seen dead in a ditch. You have no idea the kind of *&^% that Carrie deals with every day. So many people call her with so much stuff. Leads come into both websites and are forwarded on to LE. Carrie checks to make sure that they are followed up on and they usually are. This case, Lindsey's case, ugh! We need some answers!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1491 on: December 14, 2009, 02:09:18 AM »

I say this with all do respect for Amber and her family, but no one knows forsure if Amber was into drugs or not. I know her friends say she wasn't, which doesn't surprise me, they dont' want to get into trouble, the family say she wasn't but sometimes families don't know or haven't found out about it yet.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1492 on: December 14, 2009, 02:26:52 AM »

I say this with all do respect for Amber and her family, but no one knows forsure if Amber was into drugs or not. I know her friends say she wasn't, which doesn't surprise me, they dont' want to get into trouble, the family say she wasn't but sometimes families don't know or haven't found out about it yet.

Hi Tracy,
Kids hide things all of the time. I know this firsthand. I just don't think Amber could have maintained her great grades, and been so wrapped up in 4-H if she was involved with drugs. I think Carrie is too trusting and she thinks I am too judgemental. Believe me I have asked Carrie the hard questions. She has told me where I can go a few times, lol! I truly believe she has answered me honestly.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1493 on: December 14, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »

Walking from the corner of vista from the church towards the school the homes have fences all the way out to the sidewalk and some of the homes are not very well up kept meaning they may be rentals..
I have plenty of pictures of that side of the street because amber could have been pulled behind a fence quickly and not a soul would have seen it.
Anyways the answer to your psychic is TRUE
There are fences "walls"

I talk with Carrie quite frequent and I think she does an outstanding job or follow up.

Kids today can smoke pot without your knowledge as adults.

We have just recently seen 2 high school  girls both with grades at our kids school get kicked out for pot. They were caught in the Horse barn where they had it well hidden.
So high intelligence does not mean that kids wont do drugs.

I once knew a lawyer who used Heroin.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1494 on: December 14, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »

Follow up is our only hope for a clue as to what has happened. It is not something that any parent should have to do because the ups and downs of false leads can break a heart.
 Private investigators who have no heart connection to the missing person can take the ups and downs better because it is not there loss.

I have a great deal of respect for any parent who fights on for the truth reguardless of where and by whom the information comes from.

My heart goes out to this family durring these holiday time as it is a crushing blow to the heart to not have your loved one close. Not knowing anything makes it much worse.

This is just a child. Mexico leads are justifiable because of the high rate of hispanic involvment in attempted and executed abductions and the very his rate of involvment in sex crimes.
It is well within the Machismo Mentality to take a 14 year old girls as Slave and Wife.

Every person who lived in the homes along the oppisite side of the street from the high school at the time that Amber went missing should have a full background check and anyone from Mexico should be found and looked at.

That is a huge task..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1495 on: December 14, 2009, 12:11:12 PM »

On the subject of a body found in a ditch in Mexico..

There are many bodies found in Mexico who are never identified. The reason for that has many reasons..
Some of the bodies are from different countries..Guatemala ...all the way to Argentina
People who try to get to America but who are rape robbed and murdered by the people that are payed to get them to the U.S.
Many people of Mexico are born at home with the assistance of a midwife and therefore have no birth certificate and also have no dental records or medical records to identify them with.

It is a depressing reality in Mexico and people with fair skin are very common to Mexico and many Girls are murdered in Mexico by males who kidnap them for various reasons.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1496 on: December 14, 2009, 12:22:59 PM »

This is the reality of the situation in just one city in Mexico and Mexico is a very big nation..

Take note to the FACT that the police officer detective has a Machismo Personality and "IT IS ALL THE GIRLS FAULT" according to him.

There is over 1000 missing girls in this town mentioned over a 10 year period and I monitored the situation for the last 5 years now on the border towns like this one.

Here is the story..

March 6, 2009 Drug warfare is a plague in Ciudad Juarez in Mexico — since January 2008, the death toll has reached an unprecedented 2,000 people.

But between daily executions, kidnappings and extortions, another horribly familiar terror has been rekindled in the city. Young women are disappearing in an alarmingly similar pattern, with at least 18 missing in the past 14 months.

'She Never Arrived'

One of them is Lupita Perez Montes. The last time anyone saw her was on the evening of Jan. 31, when she was rushing through the bustling streets of downtown Juarez to catch the bus home. The 17-year-old high school student cradled a new pair of tennis shoes in her arms as she raced against the setting sun.

A friend of Lupita, Jose Ponce, says he saw her as she passed the fabric store where he works. So far, Ponce is the only witness to come forward.

"She walked by very quickly. I called to her, but she didn't pay attention, she just said she had to go because it was getting late," he recalls.

Susana Montes Rodriguez, Lupita's mother, describes her frenzy the night her daughter went missing.

"It got to be 7 o'clock in the evening, and my daughter just won't return. She never arrived," she says, sitting on her bed at home, surrounded by photographs of her daughter.

Montes and other family members launched an exhaustive search of downtown Juarez. She stopped numerous buses on their way back from downtown, desperately searching for her daughter in every row.

"We didn't sleep that night. We didn't sleep. The only other thing that came to mind was to search for her at clinics, in hospitals. But no, no, my daughter wasn't anywhere to be found," she says.

Echoes Of Crimes Past

Lupita is one of 18 young women — aged 13 to 18 — who have disappeared from the area in a little more a year. They are all pretty and slender, with dark, shoulder-length hair. At least nine of them vanished while downtown shopping or looking for work. Most come from humble families who live in the impoverished outskirts of the city.

Marilu Garcia, co-director of Nuestras Hijas de Regreso a Casa, or May Our Daughters Return Home, says the recent disappearances are reminiscent of past years. Garcia's sister, Lilia Alejandra, was kidnapped, raped and murdered in 2001. The case was never solved.

"Women disappeared and, unfortunately, soon after that we would find them dead because they had been brutally murdered. Unfortunately, now they are disappearing, but we don't know what's happening to them. We don't know if they are alive or dead," Garcia says.

Garcia's sister was one of 400 women murdered in Juarez over the course of a decade. At least 100 of them showed signs of torture, rape and mutilation. The crime wave attracted international attention.

But the current rash of missing teenage girls is different; their bodies are not turning up later. And it's unclear whether these recent disappearances have ties to the past murders.

One unconfirmed theory points in the direction of human trafficking. Last month, a 17-year-old girl appeared on a local news channel saying she was abducted from her native central Mexico by a trafficking ring that operates in Juarez.

There have been 347 reports of missing women in Juarez since last year. Of the 18 cases that remain unsolved, police classify six as high risk, meaning the women's lives could be in danger.

Official: Many Women Disappear Willingly

Local state prosecutor Alejandro Pariente Nunez downplays the problem. He claims that the majority of women who disappear in Juarez do so willingly.

He says that of the women who disappeared last year and were found later, a large percentage had willingly gone away with boyfriends or friends.

Pariente adds that multiple law enforcement agencies cooperate to investigate high-risk disappearances.

In the earlier wave of murders, police and law enforcement came under wide criticism for their inability to prosecute the killer or killers. No charges were ever filed in the cases of the so-called femicide cases.

This time, local activists and family members of the missing girls decry the inefficiency of police once more.

Garcia, of May Our Daughters Return Home, says that Juarez doesn't have enough personnel with the right training to deal with the missing women.

"Because of the high number of public servants and law enforcement who were murdered by organized crime last year, many cops quit out of fear," she says.

Search For Lupita Goes On

Back on the streets of downtown Juarez, Susana Montes Rodriguez shoulders her way through the Sunday afternoon crowds, past the shouting sidewalk merchants who might have seen her daughter the day she disappeared. She doles out black-and-white fliers with her daughter's smiling face to passersby, repeating the phrase, "If you see her please contact me."

Lupita is not a runaway, her mother says. She loves her family, played volleyball and dreamed of a profession in forensics.

"We can't leave things as they are. My daughter must feel that we are working hard to find her wherever she is," Montes says. "We will get her from wherever she's been taken. … Right now, we are incomplete. We are missing her."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101479041
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1497 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »

Here is the other side of the coin in Mexico..

girl who vanished at age 11 and recently turned up in Mexico -- now 15 years old, and with two children -- says she left home with an adult neighbor after becoming pregnant by him and was then kept as a virtual captive.
Before Dana Pevia came home to Raeford, N.C., this week, her family had not seen her since she walked to the school bus just after 6 a.m. on June 4, 1999. They thought she had been kidnapped, possibly killed.
But since coming home Wednesday to a tearful reunion with her mother, Dana has told authorities that she left with her neighbor, Hector Majarro Frausto, now 22.
She had been involved with Frausto, and shortly before she disappeared she told him she had been getting sick every morning, Hoke County Sheriff Hubert Peterkin said Thursday. Frausto, suspecting Dana was pregnant, arranged for them to travel to his family home in Mexico, Peterkin said.
"She went along with the situation and realized it was a problem once she was on a plane to Mexico," Peterkin said after interviewing the girl.
When she disappeared, Dana was just short of her 12th birthday. She was attending sixth grade at West Hoke Middle School.
That was the last her mother, Wanda Pevia, knew until earlier this month, when Dana showed up at the U.S. Consulate Generals office in Guadalajara. Consulate officials contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which contacted the Hoke County sheriff's office.

On Wednesday night, Wanda Pevia was finally reunited with her daughter -- and her two new grandchildren -- at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

"Oh, my god, my baby, my baby," Wanda Pevia repeated as she and her daughter embraced, tears streaming down both their faces.

Dana declined to speak to reporters then or at the sheriff's Thursday news conference. But Peterkin said she told authorities that after a couple of months in Mexico, Frausto abandoned her with his relatives. They abused her and wouldn't allow her to leave, the sheriff said.

"She could not go out of their sight," he said.

After a couple of years, she befriended a local worker who eventually took her away from Frausto's family and brought her to live with his own, Peterkin said.

He said Dana tried to reach her mother and grandmother, but they had changed their phone numbers. Ultimately, the new family took her to the consulate's office.

Police confirmed that Frausto is the father of 3-year-old Sandra, Dana's oldest child. They would not say who is the father of 3-month-old Francisco.

Warrants have been issued charging Frausto with kidnapping and statutory rape. Police believe Frausto is in the United States.

"There's no doubt in my mind that Hector knows we're looking for him," Peterkin said.

http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2003/03/28/AggieLifepeopleInNews/Missing.Girl.Found.Nearly.Four.Years.After.Disappearance-514250.shtml

4 years later found alive...kids and all by a Machismo who kept her as Slave and Wife.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1498 on: December 14, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »

I am not saying Amber is in Mexico but only pointing out 2 scenarios that are current events.
Amber could have been taken almost anywhere or be living with friends inside the united states or be prisoner of some people within the united states..

Just one clean clue could take us in the right direction..

I pray that God brings one clue to this family of Amer Leann Dubois.
Amen.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1499 on: December 14, 2009, 12:49:25 PM »

Hi Edward,
Thank you so much for all of your posts. The things that go on are horrible! What a blessing about the girl who was re-united with her family. We need more good stories! I lived in El Paso years ago and know all too well about the girls that have gone missing from Juarez. The mentality of the Mexican authorities is disgusting. Women have very little rights and usually do not even bother to report rapes etc as they know it will fall upon deaf ears. All of the missing girls in Juarez and the total lack of follow-up on the part of the Mexican authorities is sadly the norm in Mexico.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.