March 18, 2024, 11:40:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708917 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1740 on: December 31, 2009, 05:44:58 PM »

Wishing you all a blessed New Year.  To Amber's family my wish is that you find answers, peace and Amber. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1741 on: December 31, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »

Happy new year Northern Rose. 

That fellow In Yucca Valley lives very close to where the skull was found..

Yup he sure does.  The lady who found the skull said that it smelled really bad.  That would indicate it had not skeletonized yet. 

I agree. Death was not so long ago OR it was just dug up.
How far do you think an animal can move such an item ? The remains could still be buried. ??

Dogs Dig ..

Searchers may be looking for on top of the ground evidence? I would assume they would be looking for fresh diggings.
It would be hard.

I know that desert.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1742 on: January 01, 2010, 03:13:43 AM »

Two possible routes directly to cell tower from school.  Depending on where in the coverage area the cell is, the distance and travel time would change but this gives you an idea.

First route that goes south then onto 15 is 7.4 miles 10 mins

Second route that goes north on N Broadway is 5.2 miles 12 mins.

Thank you so much for the maps Northern Rose! They are awsome! To see it on a map is really interesting! I have friends who live in Hidden Meadows. If you look at this map it is an area to the right at the end of the ping. My friends say that the folks in Hidden Meadows get sick of all of the teenagers who go out there to party and make out and such. It is an area where you can travel down a road for a short distance and quickly be in the middle of nowhere.
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1743 on: January 01, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »

Two possible routes directly to cell tower from school.  Depending on where in the coverage area the cell is, the distance and travel time would change but this gives you an idea.

First route that goes south then onto 15 is 7.4 miles 10 mins

Second route that goes north on N Broadway is 5.2 miles 12 mins.

thanks Northern for the maps

regarding the question as to if all phone companies have a code that you must enter to retrieve voicemails: I have ATT and am in Northern Cali.  All I do is hold down the "1" on my phone and it goes directly to voicemail.  If Amber were hurt, you are right, she would not call voicemail... that does not make any sense.  But if the perp left a message to lure her, they may want to delete it.  Did authorities ever access her voicemails? I don't rememer hearing about that.  My husband made a point that maybe someone found the fone and tried to access the voicemail to see who it belonged to to possibly return it, then could not.  Wonder where it is now...looks like it was fairly close to the school tho.

I

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1744 on: January 01, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »

Okay, using Northern's address for the tower as :2691 Mesa Rock Road (Lat: 33.199167 Lon: -117.128333), Type: Pole, Structure height: 16.1 m, Overall height: 16.1 m
Registrant: At&t Wireless Services, Inc.,

that zip code is 92026.  There are 33 registered sex offenders in that zip code.

this is getting interesting.  let me look some more.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1745 on: January 01, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »

Many smart phones have built in global positioning systems. Senior members of the Bush Administration and other politicians reportedly turned that capability off. But cell transmissions are different. The cell device’s locations are monitored via towers by phone companies, which are required to keep data in case of an emergency.

“There’s no way you can make [cell phones] untraceable,” says James Atkinson, president of Granite Island Group, an engineering firm near Boston that specializes in technical surveillance countermeasures.

One technology, triggerfish, reportedly used by the government and law enforcement, can simulate a cell tower, tricking nearby phones into transmitting data be-  fore sending the call to a tower.

Cell towers can locate a phone to within about 50 feet on average; in highly populated areas with more towers, it could be within 10 feet. Someone could learn whose phone is whose by a process of elimination. 

http://www.securitymanagement.com/article/can-you-see-me-now-005570
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1746 on: January 01, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »

Edward   Do you think LE has the phone pinpointed within 10-50 feet, or was it not on long enough or something?   

Could this phone be in use by someone else now with just the changing of the SIM card?   Pawned or sold on E-Bay.  Is there a way to trace the cell phone ID number apart from the SIM?

Northern R.  Many thanks for the maps.

Chi-M
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1747 on: January 01, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »

I wonder what kind of phone amber had?  I bet it wasn't a smart phone as they tend to be pretty expensive and now all must come with an expensive data plan... I just got the new blackberry bold so yea.  So do we know what kind of a phone she had?

Oh and I have been looking up the nurseries and looking at the "birdseye" view on google... I can't tell you how many of them look like there is a red truck in the parking lot..... wish I could zoom in more but it only lets you go so far.

I am really interested to know if cadavar dogs ever searched the pinged area. and if not, why not.

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1748 on: January 01, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »

I posted something else earlier about one of the nurseries and megan's law.  But I don't see my post.  Have I been regulated? did I post something I should not have? I didn't use any names... just wondering or was there a glich with the computer?

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1749 on: January 01, 2010, 03:06:11 PM »

I wonder what kind of phone amber had?  I bet it wasn't a smart phone as they tend to be pretty expensive and now all must come with an expensive data plan... I just got the new blackberry bold so yea.  So do we know what kind of a phone she had?

Oh and I have been looking up the nurseries and looking at the "birdseye" view on google... I can't tell you how many of them look like there is a red truck in the parking lot..... wish I could zoom in more but it only lets you go so far.

I am really interested to know if cadavar dogs ever searched the pinged area. and if not, why not.

Hi ChiChi, I too have doubts that Amber actually tried to get her voice messages.  More than likely the phone automatically checks when turned on.  Here's gmother's info.

"Amber, Aunt and I have the same phone Verizon LG. You can open
the keyboard without a password. Amber's first of these phones
was stolen in school the first day she had it and later found
by LE after she was taken.  The current one was likely tossed
as any idiot would know it could be traced. Probably was a kid
 that found and opened it.  I really doubt they tried to get
into her voice mail. NOt an expert but likely the phone pinged
 when the phone was opened and then died. This phone does that."

Chi-M

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1750 on: January 01, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

chichi..
your posts are not regulated..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1751 on: January 01, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »

I remember her writing that ChiMonkey.
I would like to know exactly what happened and IF yes or no somebody tried to access voice mail and tired the original password before mom changed it. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1752 on: January 01, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »

I have been told about the tracking, I am not sure if it included this area, I think it did, I hope it did but maybe this can be confirm. I found the dog tracking very interesting, not sure what to post or what not to post.  Dogs don't lie, they have no reason to, they have no other motive then to find the correct scent and follow it.
I am very curious about the people that are within the area of the phone ping
considering a phone could be brought to a home or business without Amber. I don't understand why the voicemail password was changed, that seems like it was not the right move to me, jmo. The phone could have been a way of tracking or communicating with Amber or her kidnapper. What messages were on the phone? Is the voicemail still active? You know one thing that doesn't ping a phone that is turned off or without power would be voicemail. Have any messages been left on it since that day? Is there anyway to trace a call made to that phone's voicemail?

Someone correct me but I think it the sim card that actually triggers the signal for the ping and not within the board inside of the phone itself, Hmmm anyone know of anyone in the cellular phone business? 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1753 on: January 01, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »

I posted something else earlier about one of the nurseries and megan's law.  But I don't see my post.  Have I been regulated? did I post something I should not have? I didn't use any names... just wondering or was there a glich with the computer?

No ChiChi, if you posted it should be here.  Did you find the post you are referring to?  Could you have attempted to post then the site went down and you thought the post went through?  We have not edited or deleted any of your posts.  We would let you know if we edited or deleted something and we have not.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1754 on: January 01, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »

Edward you have knowledge of human trafficking to Mexico.  This article caught my attention in regards to the suspect in the attempted abduction of a 15 year old girl.  He tried to flee to El Paso.  Do you think if there was a child taken into Mexico that they may bring them back to the US if the heat is on?

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/world/story/973088.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1755 on: January 01, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »

Long Beach Police Hunt For Sexual Predator

LONG BEACH (CBS) ―  Click to enlarge1 of 1
Police today sought the public's help in identifying a suspect who sexually assaulted a woman in her home in Long Beach.

The attack occurred around 8 p.m. Wednesday near Cherry Avenue and Ocean Boulevard, according to the Long Beach Police Department.

The victim, a woman in her mid-20s, stepped out of the shower and was confronted by an armed suspect who forced her into her living room and sexually assaulted her, police said.

The suspect was between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall and of average build. He was wearing a black ski mask with red trim around the eyes.

Police believe this incident may be related to a sexual assault that occurred near the same area on Aug. 8. The suspect in that incident had a similar physical description, and the victim was able to get a good look at him, pointing out his short black hair, green or hazel eyes, long eyelashes and a small scar above his right eyebrow.

The suspect, who got into the victims' homes through unlocked windows, was familiar with the area and may have worked there, giving him the chance to watch the victims' routines, police said.

Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact Long Beach Police at (562) 435-6711.

http://cbs2.com/local/long.beach.masked.2.1400122.html

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1756 on: January 01, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »

For Immediate Release
 Alleged Sexual Predator Frederick McLean Still Running From Justice
U.S. Marshals ask for the Public's Help in the Manhunt for 15 Most Wanted Fugitive

WASHINGTON – Nearly five years after charges were first filed on Frederick McLean, he is still running from the law. McLean, an alleged sexual predator, is wanted in California on four counts of child molestation, one count of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 and one count of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

Authorities need the public’s help in getting McLean off the streets and away from potential victims. Law enforcement officials say they have already identified potentially 17 victims and additional charges could be filed against McLean once he is in custody.

The U.S. Marshals believe his crimes are heinous enough to have earned him a spot on the Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted fugitive list in 2006. Authorities regard McLean as a high risk for committing additional sex crimes against minors. Research on sex offender recidivism shows it is a variety of factors that contribute to reoffending.

“McLean possesses many of the factors correlated with reoffense,” said Dr. Michael Bourke, Chief psychologist for the U.S. Marshals Sex Offender Investigations Branch, “and stress, including the stress that comes with being a fugitive, increases the risk for abusive acting out.”

Fugitive McLean, 58, is wanted by the San Diego Sheriff’s Department on multiple counts of sexual assault on a child, but according to the U.S. Marshals “multiple counts” is an understatement. One alleged victim, now an adult, reported McLean assaulted her more than 100 times, starting when she was five and ending about seven years later.

McLean is deemed to be at high risk for engaging in sexual assault of young girls, according to Bourke. However, he might also target young boys.

“This fugitive has evaded capture for nearly five years, but he needs to know that we will never cease our efforts of hunting him down,” said George W. Venables, U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of California. “We are absolutely resolute in our commitment to bringing in Frederick McLean to face the charges brought against him.”

Several months ago, the Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Task Force executed a search warrant and obtained new leads and updated photos on Frederick McLean.

Authorities believe McLean gained access to many of his victims through his leadership position in his local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses near San Diego.

An arrest warrant was issued in January 2005, for McLean, but authorities believe he sensed his days of freedom were numbered almost six months prior. In May 2004, family members confronted McLean regarding a young female victim’s allegations of molestation. McLean admitted they were true, and the victim’s family called Riverside County Sheriff’s Department. After the confrontation, McLean’s wife and children left him. He began liquidating financial assets, and he signed divorce papers.

In September 2004, McLean’s father-in-law woke up one morning to find McLean’s truck in his driveway. Inside the truck were McLean’s cell phone, letters for the family and instructions on how to sell the vehicle. It was evident from his actions that he believed criminal charges against him were looming.

McLean is a 58-year-old white male who weighs 170 pounds and is 5 feet, 11 inches tall. He has hazel eyes and brown/gray hair – possibly all gray hair. He is an auto mechanic by trade and once owned a racecar restoration business, specializing in racing cars from the 1960s and 1970s. McLean is also an experienced outdoorsman and may frequent camping areas. McLean’s character traits include: being financially frugal, meticulous, organized, and probably pays by cash. Investigators believe McLean may have assumed a new identity and could be using an alias name.

Authorities caution citizens to consider McLean armed and dangerous, and possibly suicidal.

There is a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of McLean, and all inquiries remain confidential. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact their nearest U.S. Marshals Service office, or call the Marshals’ 24-hour phone line at 1-800-336-0102.

U.S. Marshals are the nation’s primary fugitive hunting organization. Fugitive Task Forces led by the U.S. Marshals capture thousands of fugitives each year. For more information on the U.S. Marshals and 15 Most Wanted Fugitive Frederick McLean, go to www.usmarshals.gov.

Wanted Poster for Frederick McLean http://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2009/mclean.pdf

http://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2009/122909.htm

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1757 on: January 01, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »

Reading the release on Frederick Mclean has several things running through my brain right now. 

He is familiar with the San Diego area
He has been molesting children for a long time with no denial or remorse or stopping.
He saw the law coming for him and planned has escaped.
He is an outdoors man.

I doubt that he would be happy living in the bush by himself.  His urges would be getting the better of him and I can see him abducting a young girl to hold prisoner just as in Jaycee Dugard case.  He would plan it and then strike.  It would be too dangerous to be around around children all the time as he was when he was in his leadership position in the Jehovah’s Witnesses near San Diego so would need someone he could have all to himself while he was a fugitive IMO.  This man is a scumbag. 

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1758 on: January 02, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I didn't really think so cause I didn't put any info in it, but it was weird...

Nothern,

I think in my post that never made it, I asked you why you were looking into nurseries.  Was it just because there are quite a few in the Escondido area, especially near where the phone pinged? or was there something else.

Also, I went to a couple of those websites today that belong to some of the nurseries in that area... and some of them list names of employees, founders, etc.  I ran every name listed on Megan's Law and one of the names came up as "incarcerated" for sexual crimes against child under age, but of course, I do not know if that is the same person, could be they just have the same name.  I will check monday to see where incarcerated, when and from what county.

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1759 on: January 02, 2010, 12:41:42 AM »

Thanks Chi Monkey for the info from Ambers family.

Does anyone know if they searched with cadavar dogs there? I mean sorry to say, but if someone was buried in that forest, only way to find them pretty much would be to use those dogs.  They only hit on human remains, so why wouldn't they... other than man power and money I mean. 

Something that really gets me irritated too, is that I feel like Amber's story did not get much coverage from NG. She seems to be slipping lately about her coverage of missing children and rather is focusing on celebrities too much me thinks.  I even wrote to her and tried to get her to provide more coverage.  What can we do...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.