March 18, 2024, 08:12:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708878 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1760 on: January 02, 2010, 12:44:02 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I didn't really think so cause I didn't put any info in it, but it was weird...

Nothern,

I think in my post that never made it, I asked you why you were looking into nurseries.  Was it just because there are quite a few in the Escondido area, especially near where the phone pinged? or was there something else.

Also, I went to a couple of those websites today that belong to some of the nurseries in that area... and some of them list names of employees, founders, etc.  I ran every name listed on Megan's Law and one of the names came up as "incarcerated" for sexual crimes against child under age, but of course, I do not know if that is the same person, could be they just have the same name.  I will check monday to see where incarcerated, when and from what county.

Hi ChiChi

I was looking into garden centers and nurseries because of the red truck in the video.  It would be a common vehicle for someone in that profession (as well as lawn care etc).  IIRCC someone had mentioned that it looked like there was a toolbox or somehing similar in the truck bed and to me it seemed like a good guess to follow.

The other thing that I looked into was campground and places you could story a 5th wheel, camper etc.  Again truck angel. 
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1761 on: January 02, 2010, 12:49:04 AM »

Northern... gotcha,

did you read my post earlier that on the birdseye google view of some of the nurseries I did today, I swear to God there were a couple that had red trucks in their parking lots, maybe customer, maybe worker.... but of course I don't know when these aerial photo posted there were taken... do we know if there were any landscaping projects going on for the city or other local business during the time of her disappearance?

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1762 on: January 02, 2010, 12:57:46 AM »

Northern... gotcha,

did you read my post earlier that on the birdseye google view of some of the nurseries I did today, I swear to God there were a couple that had red trucks in their parking lots, maybe customer, maybe worker.... but of course I don't know when these aerial photo posted there were taken... do we know if there were any landscaping projects going on for the city or other local business during the time of her disappearance?

I did.  I believe I saw a few red trucks when I was looking as well.  I am curious, a few pages back Edward stated he did not think the explanation of the red truck was credible. What have I missed?  Was the truck and driver located and if so what was the explanation?
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1763 on: January 02, 2010, 01:04:23 AM »

if it was I am not aware of it...  what about it Edward?  What's the story with the red truck? 

I can't believe there are no new leads... at least none that we know of.... I wish something would develop... the fact that none of the "stuff" she was carrying that morning has shown up is interesting too.  Perhaps held for a trophy? tossed somewhere...? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1764 on: January 02, 2010, 01:05:54 AM »

I have been reading like crazy about phone pings and had a few moments of holy smoly.  First I have not found whether it is the sim card or the phone itself and what I have determined is phone model makes a world of difference.  I have discovered that the newer 3G models of phones can be pinged even after the battery dies as they are equipped with a built-in micro-cell battery integrated circuitry that is thinner than a strand of hair and even if you take the phone battery out you can still get GPS location from the phone. 

I know police got the ping records for Amber after she went missing and that is how we know about the 20-30 second attempt of accessing voice mail.  Has a full record of pings been looked at prior to Amber going missing?  Sometimes where someone has been can tell a lot about where they may be.  There might be something in a pattern from the months before she went missing that may give clues if she went with someone she was familiar with if even remotely. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1765 on: January 02, 2010, 01:08:40 AM »

if it was I am not aware of it...  what about it Edward?  What's the story with the red truck? 

I can't believe there are no new leads... at least none that we know of.... I wish something would develop... the fact that none of the "stuff" she was carrying that morning has shown up is interesting too.  Perhaps held for a trophy? tossed somewhere...? 

I know.  I would hope that ebay and the local resale shops have been monitored for her ring.  Were the valentines presents ever recovered that she had with her to give to her friends?  What were they?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1766 on: January 02, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »

I know.  I would hope that ebay and the local resale shops have been monitored for her ring.  Were the valentines presents ever recovered that she had with her to give to her friends?  What were they?

Sorry I should have said rings - blue saphire as well as silver claddagh ring.
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1767 on: January 02, 2010, 01:35:33 AM »

I stop in to SM every now and then as time permits... do Amber's family still post and provide feedback, info?  I hope so... keeps us going.  I wonder if they take any ideas or anything from here and approach LE... Happy New Year Amber! we still remember you and pray for your safe return!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1768 on: January 02, 2010, 01:43:51 AM »

I think I found the answer to our truck question.  I do not buy it

<snipped>

A red pickup seen in a grainy video parked in the school bus lot near the football field has been all but dismissed as a lead.

“We think we've identified it,” Benton said. “We're hoping to confirm soon that the red truck had nothing to do with the case.”

From same article what concerns me are two sentences:

Amber was last seen at 7:10 a.m. Feb. 13 walking to Escondido High School on North Broadway. She was walking with a tall boy who has yet to be identified.

Two video recordings made from cameras at the school show that Amber did not keep walking toward the campus.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/police-press-their-quest-find-escondido-girl/

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1769 on: January 02, 2010, 03:24:04 AM »

I think I found the answer to our truck question.  I do not buy it

<snipped>

A red pickup seen in a grainy video parked in the school bus lot near the football field has been all but dismissed as a lead.

“We think we've identified it,” Benton said. “We're hoping to confirm soon that the red truck had nothing to do with the case.”

From same article what concerns me are two sentences:

Amber was last seen at 7:10 a.m. Feb. 13 walking to Escondido High School on North Broadway. She was walking with a tall boy who has yet to be identified.

Two video recordings made from cameras at the school show that Amber did not keep walking toward the campus.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/police-press-their-quest-find-escondido-girl/

I have spoken to Carrie and I am not sure what I can and cannot say she didn't tell me. I am not sure about the truck, from what I have been told the explanation leaves a bit to be desired, but LE doesn't believe this person is responsible. I am not sure, I wish I had the guys name, I do not.

That last sentance about the camera's, that is interesting and makes me wonder again, even stronger then before if she turned around to go back home, maybe she forgot something, maybe someone called her, maybe whatever. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1770 on: January 02, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »

They found the red truck. Police do not consider the male driver a suspect. He is a father of a student at the school.
 I think this male wants his privacy protected and may have made legal threat if his name is drug into this.
That is why we do not discuss it and we will just have to leave it up to LE to decide.
They know who he is.. That is the bottom line.

LE and Carrie get leads and people come forward and offer help in all kinds of ways.
Recently a Indian fellow hunted Carrie down and he wanted to Meet with mom. He came over and did some form of Indian trance related vision, in doing this interesting presentation, he gave Carrie info he thinks may be true.
It was relative to horse stables, which Amber did in fact enjoy riding horses and the stables she frequented are located closer to San Diego where her father and grandmothers live and Amber did not apparently ride in Escondido at all.
People in question that would work for such stables come from south of our borders. They work as ranch hands.
Amber again.. Traveled from San Diego Area to a Train depot near Escondido.. She traveled alone but under the eye of Railroad personal.
While in San Diego visiting family, she would ride horses.

Yesterday ..After being contacted by a psychic, number 112 I think  ,  Carrie took a ride to Slab City at the request of said psychic.
The psychic appears to believe the Amber may have been taken to this area or that the suspect in Amber's disappearance frequented this area..
The area has some fame and I found Web reference to it..
http://www.desertdutch.org/slabcity.htm

http://gathering.digihitch.com/slabs.php

Carrie spent some time interviewing these folks and I have to give Carrie a High Five for doing that..
I hope that Carrie will always take others with her when she investigates..
Carrie has looked into and checked out all kinds of dead end leads in this case in hope and prayer that one of them will be true.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1771 on: January 02, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »

Thank you Northern Rose for your perp info posted..
maybe that guy or the other guy you posted info on live in Slab City ?

Here is another interesting link to look at ..
http://www.vbs.tv/watch/americana/slab-city

also this..

I would like yo know the position of these video cameras and there viewing area..

It more and more looks like the approch made on Amber would be along Vista Ave.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1772 on: January 02, 2010, 12:50:31 PM »

ChiChi

The family does read here and post occasionally.
The family is looking for a LIVE Amber and anything anyone can find that may suggest where she could be, is helpful to them.
It really is entirely possible that Amber is alive.

We deal in research that brings far more dead then live victims of crime and so it is common for us to look for perpetrators of such.

In cases like Amber's and others such as Lindsey it is possible and we should never give up hope and research for live persons who are being held and we do have various cases where live victims have been found even after long periods of time.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1773 on: January 02, 2010, 01:18:20 PM »

Thank you Northern Rose for your perp info posted..
maybe that guy or the other guy you posted info on live in Slab City ?

Here is another interesting link to look at ..
http://www.vbs.tv/watch/americana/slab-city

also this..

I would like yo know the position of these video cameras and there viewing area..

It more and more looks like the approch made on Amber would be along Vista Ave.

Me too.  I also want to know if the tall boy that has not be identified is on any of the cameras as well.  Surely the school has looked at the images and if he was a student they would be able to identify him by now.  I really hope that a ping map of Amber's movements prior to her disappearance has been made.  It may shed some light on the tall boy.  Was Amber still carrying her bag in the videos or had tall boy offered to carry it ?  It would speak to her level of comfort with tall boy.  Have any of the valentine presents been found?

As for the red truck....pfttt.  I understand a parent wanting to watch their child if they feel they may be skipping school, hanging out with friends they were told not to etc.  However with the publicity of this case and the time sensitivity why would this person not have stepped forward immediately if it was that innocent?  Even if they did not watch news, listen to radio or see even one poster, when the side by sides of the Walmart truck was all over the place they   

Edward I left you at least one question in my ramblings last night.  When you have a minute could you please look at it.  I am very interested in your opinion.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1774 on: January 02, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »

Uh Oh.... My understanding about the school video cameras was that LE said they did not see Amber on any tape.  No Amber and no tall dark boy. 

Because of the possible sighting of Amber and the boy by another parent near the school the assumption is that she must have stopped or something because otherwise there would be tape of her coming into the camera areas nearer the school.

IMO, I too think that she probably disappeared between her home and Vista.  The school sighting being an honest error.   

Chi-M

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1775 on: January 02, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »

Yes I agre ChiMonkey

Some very kind individuals made mistakes in identification of Amber walking..

She was grabbed on Vista without any witness to it.

She could have been approached by some person she was familiar with.. walked up to a vehicle because she trusted the person.

I like the " Pfft ' on the Red Truck    IF, He is so well known at the school then would Amber know him ??
It would not be the first time a person well known by a school system got involved with a student..
That is not an accusation, just an observation.

Maybe it is his son that has seen to it that all students stay silent ?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1776 on: January 02, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »

Yes I agre ChiMonkey

Some very kind individuals made mistakes in identification of Amber walking..

She was grabbed on Vista without any witness to it.

She could have been approached by some person she was familiar with.. walked up to a vehicle because she trusted the person.

I like the " Pfft ' on the Red Truck    IF, He is so well known at the school then would Amber know him ??
It would not be the first time a person well known by a school system got involved with a student..
That is not an accusation, just an observation.

Maybe it is his son that has seen to it that all students stay silent ?

Well known at the school or well known in the community?  Last night was going through old news articles to read comments.  There was one that said the key is a guy who was involved with Proposition 8.  Maybe that person was correct?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1777 on: January 02, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »

<snipped>
The truck appears to be a newer full size four-door crew cab pickup truck. It is burgundy or maroon in color and is equipped with chrome bed rails or tie down rails with chrome running boards and wheels, according to police.

Also, it appears from the video, the tailgate is either missing or has a modified black tailgate to accommodate a 5th wheel trailer, police said in a written release.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Red-Truck-Spotted-Near-Amber-Dubois-School.html

The most recent tip came from two neighbors who independently said they saw Amber at 7:10 a.m. walking on Broadway near the school's football stadium -- the last time anyone has reported seeing the girl. One of the neighbors said they saw her with the boy, according to Escondido police.

I have seen the bad reporting of media in other cases.  The one article that states Amber was on the School video walking away from the school could be just bad reporting.  So many articles state she was last seen about 200 yards from school. I take it this is based on the above witnesses.  Was it not raining that day?  Would she not walk with her head somewhat down so rain would not be in her face?  With the black hoodie on it would be really hard to see her face if that was the case.

Some of you think she was taking on Vista before she reached Broadway, the news states she was already on the west side of Broadway by the stadium.  There are cameras all four directions at the intersection of Vista and broadway.  Were these looked into?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1778 on: January 02, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »

Nice traffic cameras on those Light poles.. Were they there when Amber went missing ?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1779 on: January 02, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »

Let me tell you what concerns me and I told Carrie this. In the beginning LE believed amber ran away so I wonder were all of the camera's searched?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.