March 18, 2024, 11:12:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708910 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 03:01:05 AM »

snipfind it rather coincidental that she disappeared the day before Valentine's and has a 45 year old buddy

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it may be nothing.

For example.  I have a son in  college, before he left he made me a myspace and a facebook page so that I could keep in contact with him.
I am now into my 2nd year of this myspace and facebook stuff, I find that I am on many of my son's friends pages.

I use facebook way more than myspace.

And I don't find it unusual  anymore to see adults on kids friends lists.  most of them are parents or relatives.
Remember, you cant just add yourself as a buddy on someones page, you have to request it and then the person has to accept it.   

just food for thought. 

Where does the person commenting on the 45 year old buddy get their information? is what I want to know.
I agree it is not unusual for parents, family friends and relatives to be on each others facebook. My childrens friends are adults now as are my nieces and nephews and it is a great way to get to keep in contact with them, hear their news and see current pictures of their families.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 03:15:22 AM »

Teen vanishes on way to school

By Emanuella Grinberg
CNN

(CNN) -- Last Friday the 13th was supposed to be a special day for 14-year-old Amber Leeanne DuBois.

She left her home in Escondido, California, around 7 a.m. for school with a check in hand, a down payment on a baby lamb that she was going to raise and care for as part of her Future Farmers of America class.

It was a day that she'd been looking forward to for more than a year, her family says. But she never made it to school and hasn't been heard from since, prompting authorities to launch a massive search for the missing teen.

"She would not have given up that lamb for anything," her mother, Carrie McGonigle, said. "She's a wholesome kid. She doesn't run amok like most teenagers. She did not run away, I guarantee it."

Her cell phone was turned on once for about 20 seconds the day after she disappeared and has not been turned on since then, Escondido Police spokesman Lt. Bob Benton said.

Her mother and her live-in boyfriend voluntarily submitted to polygraph tests and passed, Benton said. Amber's father, who lives in Orange County, California, and other relatives have been interviewed, he added.

A classmate reported seeing Amber a week ago on Sunday, walking with an unidentified person about half a mile from her home, Benton said.

"We don't know the circumstances of her disappearance or the person she was walking with, but being 14 years old and missing as long as she has without ever having gone missing before is very suspicious," Benton said.

The FBI is assisting the Escondido Police in the investigation, said Special Agent Darrell Foxworth from the agency's San Diego office.

"The assistance that we are providing includes conducting interviews and following up on leads as they develop," Foxworth said.

Amber's parents insist she would never stay away from home for so long without notifying them, leading them to believe she was abducted.

"As a person who knows my daughter very, very well, I'm 95 percent positive she's not just wandering around the area," said her father, Maurice DuBois. "If she was abducted by stranger -- hopefully not -- she could be anywhere in the U.S, Mexico by now. Eight days is a long time to be missing."

Amber's parents say she was a not-so-typical teen who shunned social networking sites like MySpace.com and Facebook and preferred reading, drawing and spending time with friends at home over hanging out at the mall.

"When she'd get in trouble, I'd have to take her books away," McGonigle said, chuckling as she recalled her daughter's habit of hiding under her bed sheets with a flashlight so she could read late at night.

Her first passion was animals, a lifelong devotion that began with her first horse, Rojo, and led to her joining the FFA when she entered high school.

Two weeks before she disappeared, she wrote her mother a letter urging her to let her buy the lamb she planned to name Nannette, outlining how she would care for it and suggesting it would look good on her resume, McGonigle said.

"I know in my heart that there's nothing that would take her away from that lamb. She would never miss that day. That's how I know she didn't just run away," McGonigle said.

"I go to sleep thinking she's going to be walking in my room any minute saying, 'Mom, I'm back.' But now it's just becoming a numb feeling."

Members of the community of Escondido, a bedroom community of San Diego, have been generous with donations of money, resources and manpower in the efforts to locate Amber, her mother said.

A candlelight vigil at Escondido High School on Friday night drew about 200 people, Amber's friend Hailey Kosinski said, in a show of support that brought a measure of comfort to her family and friends.

Hailey, who has known Amber since the sixth grade, said she could always count on her to brighten her day when she was feeling down.

"She smiles and tells you everything's going to be OK and you just feel better," she said. "She's sort of shy when you first meet her, but once you get to know her, she's the kindest person you'll ever meet."

The 14-year-old described her friend's disappearance as a rude awakening to the dangers of ordinary life.

"It makes you think of the many, many situations that could occur when you're walking on the street, or when you walk away from friends for just a little while," said Hailey, who has spent most of her free time in the past week posting fliers on traffic poles and in stores.

"It's the most horrible, gut-wrenching feeling to know your friend is out there and there's nothing you can do to help her. You feel so powerless."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/22/amber.dubois/index.html

>>>snipped from above article--- Amber's parents say she was a not-so-typical teen who shunned social networking sites like MySpace.com and Facebook and preferred reading, drawing and spending time with friends at home over hanging out at the mall.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »

NANCY GRACE COVERAGE 2/25/09

Right now I want to tell you about a story about a 14-year-old girl missing on her way to school. Take a listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I go to bed at night and just wake up and hope she`s going to be here and she`s not.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Missing teenager, Amber Dubois, has not been seen since the day before Valentine`s Day and her family says she would never leave on her own.

BILL GARCIA, CALIFORNIA LICENSES P.I., HELPING FAMILY IN SEARCH FOR MISSING TEEN, AMBER DUBOIS: I don`t think she`s a run away. She had too many things planned, there was nothing taken from the home. Usually in a runaway situation, I mean, they at least take a change of clothes. That`s not the case here. The little cash that she had was not taken.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Two people said they saw Amber just 300 yards from her school the morning she was last seen. But hours later, the school told the family Amber hadn`t showed for class. A private investigator hired by the family believes that Amber was abducted by strangers and says someone tried to access the voice mail on Amber`s cell phone but the password was rejected.

Police are still combing for clues, continuing their investigation.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: The last time this girl was seen she was walking to school just 300 yards from her school. It was the last time she was seen at 7 a.m. on a school morning.

With me right now her father, Maurice Dubois is joining us. Mr. Dubois, our thoughts and our prayers are with you and your family.

MAURICE DUBOIS, FATHER OF MISSING 14-YR-OLD, AMBER DUBOIS: Thank you.

GRACE: Amber had never run away from home before, correct?

DUBOIS: Absolutely not.

GRACE: You saw her, as I recall, on February the 6th. What were her spirits?

DUBOIS: Great. She`s in a great mood. We went out to the movies, went out and fed the ducks at the park, like we typically do, me, her and my niece. She was in a great spirits.

GRACE: Was there any suggestion she was unhappy at home?

DUBOIS: No, absolutely not. No, they -- I mean typical home life, I mean I`m not going to paint a golden picture. I mean everything`s great there. I mean she loves her house, she loves her life, great friends, no problems.

GRACE: Mr. Dubois, what are police telling you?

DUBOIS: Basically, they`re continuing their investigation, you know. They are following up on leads that come in. There`s been no concrete leads, nothing significant that can help us find her at this point.

GRACE: Have you spoken to Amber`s school? Is there any way they can help? She was 300 yards from school. She had about a mile walk to you school. That`s what I had when I was a little girl.

DUBOIS: Yes.

GRACE: You`d think in one mile she`d be safe. Take a look at this, just one mile from her home to the Escondido High School.

DUBOIS: That`s correct. Even less than that, I would probably say it`s closer to a half mile than a mile.

GRACE: And it`s all residential.

DUBOIS: Absolutely.

GRACE: It just seems to me that at that time there would be a lot of kids walking to school. She was only 300 yards from the doorstep.

DUBOIS: That`s correct. Yes.

GRACE: Joining me right now is Bill Garcia, a private eye there in California, that`s helping the family.

Bill, what more can you tell me?

GARCIA: Good evening, Nancy. We`re continuing our investigation, along with the Escondido police. We`ve had a lot of leads come in since the tip line has been initiated. There`s a lot of people that have concern for Amber`s whereabouts and the community has come together bring her home.

GRACE: To Stacy Taylor, he is joining us from -- he`s a news talk show host at 1700 AM there in San Diego. Stacy, it`s great to have you with us.

It`s my understanding that there have been approximately four similar transactions in and around that area where people were attempted to be kidnapped, typically in a white van. And one woman, one young girl was kidnapped and held for about 20 to 30 minutes. What do you know?

STACY TAYLOR, NEWS TALK SHOW HOST, 1700 AM, COVERING STORY: That`s my understanding as well. And Mr. Garcia, I believe, has also been in contact with an adult woman who they attempted to abduct apparently in a similar circumstance with a white van.

And she -- she refused their, their proposal, and apparently actually ran, literally ran into an elementary school to escape. That is my understanding. I also learned from Maurice and I did some research on this today, and it appears to be true, there are any number of registered sex offenders living within approximately two miles of that high school in Escondido.

So you`re telling me that one of the victims actually ran into a school? It sounds like they`re targeting areas near schools, Stacy?

TAYLOR: It sounds like it to me, too. And that`s a pretty brazen attack.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PHIL FARRAR, NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER, KOGO RADIO: She was last seen on Friday the 13th. And she was on her way to school. And this we believe was shortly after 7:00 in the morning.

DUBOIS: If she was abducted, kidnapped. She can be anywhere. Anywhere.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: The tip line, 888-55-AMBER. Go to www.bringamberhome.com. She was last seen wearing dark pants, a hoody and sneakers. Snatched on her way to school. Since when is it in this country a little girl can`t walk less than one mile to her public school? That`s what the father is asking tonight.

Marc Klaas, weigh in.

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, it`s well known that school bus stops and school routes are playgrounds for predators. I mean they know that children are going to be in those places. So they go to those places. I think there`s a couple of things. The simple lesson in this situation is that children shouldn`t walk to school alone. It`s a well-known fact.

As I said that the predators understand the kids will be there and they do take advantage of that. Secondly I think if people were to look at all of the white vans out there, they`d be alarmed. There are tens of thousands of them.

And then finally, I think, that if they want to dispel any rumors that the little girl has run away and is still in the community something that they can do very quickly is saturate the community with posters of her on every telephone poll, retail store, et cetera, et cetera.

GRACE: To her father, Maurice Dubois, why do you believe she did not run away?

DUBOIS: I know my child, you know. When you have a relationship like our family has, we`re very, very close, you know. She is not the type of girl to runaway and not come back and face the music, you know? She has no reason to run away.

GRACE: Everybody, take a look at this little girl. Amber Dubois, she`s just 14. She was so excited that morning about exchanging Valentine`s at school.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/25/ng.01.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 02:10:53 AM »

My stylist lives in same neck of the woods as Amber. He says kids are still walking to school, just not alone.

They upped the reward to $60,000.00. Maybe someone will speak up.

Prayers for Amber

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 02:14:47 AM »

Also, somebody surely heard or saw something. The time of day when kids are walking to school, parents are going to work, carpooling to school, walking dogs. How can this happen in broad daylight!!!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 02:30:34 AM »

http://www.10news.com/news/18857146/detail.html

Reward Increased As Search For Missing Teen Continues

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Authorities have stepped up the search for missing Escondido girl Amber Dubois, combing the northeast area of Escondido Wednesday.

An Escondido police officer following a lead at a homeowner's house Tuesday spotted three girls on top of a large rock in Escondido. The call prompted search crews to investigate the area.

According to authorities, many teenagers hang around the Daly Canyon and Daly Ranch areas off Rincon Avenue.

"Basically, our mission was to try to locate the teenagers up in the hillside or identify who they were," said Sgt. Mark Johnston of the Sheriff's Department.

Since Tuesday night, more than 45 people from Escondido police and the Sheriff's Department have scoured about a 3 sq. mile area around the hill.

"At this point we don't have any information that would lead us to believe that Amber is out there. But if the kids are talking about it, we want to make sure we follow up on it," said an official.

Police said they received a tip from students about a teen hangout near where the three girls were reportedly seen.

Thus far, there has been no luck in finding the girls or Dubois.

Dubois has been missing for nearly three weeks, having last been seen near Escondido High School.

On Wednesday, the Dubois family, as well as Mark Klaas, asked the public for help.

Klaas' daughter, Polly, was abducted and murdered in 1993 and has offered his support in the case.

"We're simply here to aid this family in a sustainable recovery effort. Hopefully one that won't be needed. Hopefully little Amber will come home sooner rather than later," said Klaas.

Meanwhile, the Dubois family is not giving up hope.

"Amber, if you're hearing this just know your family loves you and we cannot wait to have you back home in our arms, to have you home," said Amber's father, Maurice Dubois.

The family said the reward in this case has been increased to $60,000.

Copyright 2009 by 10News.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »

One theory is, a prank gone wrong. Video here, (I hope I did it right)

http://www.10news.com/news/18857146/detail.html#comment_doOuFOcvGr3OjGaby-s2LB

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »

I doubt it was a prank gone wrong..

I have a thread at bfn which I have been posting my research on.

There is a fellow arrested for the rape of a 16 year old girl which he kidnapped early morning.. 30 miles south of Escondido
He released her.. which I find interesting..

Early morning abduction is rare. She was a 16 year old.. He was driving a stolen car.. Both early morn and young fit the MO.
He also had a gun.. But police said that the gun they found was not real when they arrested him.

He is 27 years old and a black male with bald head and a beard with mustache but made a request by his defense attorney that his picture in court be withheld.
I find that interesting.. He does not want to be identified by others..

I already sent the time to the family.. Who knows..They need to look at every possible scenario.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 06:33:51 PM »

Her cell phone was turned on once for about 20 seconds the day after she disappeared and has not been turned on since then, Escondido Police spokesman Lt. Bob Benton said.

That should have given them a general area to search.

There is just something wrong with this..

Her mom got a tattoo "Friday 13th" on her leg.. she said she did not know why, it was just that the f.b.i. and the police going through there home made her feel like doing it, so she did..
Mom and dad are divorced.. There is a live in boyfriend.

That hits me so strange.. Never the less she says she left room for Ambers return date on her leg..

So Strange..

Then today an anonymous poster leaves a comment on a news web site..
Read it here as I will not post it..
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9967998&nav=menu1607_2_1

Anyways.. This poor girl.. Another one is lost.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »

It's been 24 days since an Escondido teenager went missing without a trace. In this News 8 CrimeFighters investigation, we take a closer look at the timeline in the disappearance of Amber Dubois.

Friday, Feb. 13 7:10 a.m.: Parents spot 9th grader Amber Dubois walking to school two blocks north of Escondido High School. It's the only confirmed sighting of Amber by two separate witnesses.

"There were other kids coming down Broadway. There were kids being dropped off at the south corner of the stadium," parent David Wahlquist said.

Because other students and vehicles are in the area, police say it's unlikely Amber was abducted from the street.

"The assumption is she continued past or went into the high school, but as far as an abduction, that would cause a commotion, and somebody would recognize that," Escondido Police Lt. Craig Carter said.

7:30 a.m.: Amber never shows up for class. The school leaves a voicemail for Amber's mother, but it isn't until 4 p.m. on Friday that the mother's boyfriend comes home from work to find Amber missing.

Later that night, Verizon Wireless resets the password on Amber's cell phone so Amber's frantic mother can access her daughter's cell phone voicemail.

"I'm trying to keep things positive but it's really hard," Amber's mother Carrie McGonigle said.

Saturday, Feb. 14: Amber's cell phone is turned on for less than 30 seconds and pings off a cell phone tower in North Escondido. Whoever turned it on tried to access voicemail but was unsuccessful because the password had already been reset.

"The person dialed #86 to attempt to reach voicemail, couldn't get through and then they turned off the phone immediately," Amber's father Maurice Dubois said.

Police flood the neighborhood near the cell phone tower with reverse 911 calls, but fail to locate Amber. On Saturday night in downtown Escondido, a former classmate reports seeing Amber walking with two teenagers on Grand Avenue near Palomar Hospital. The sighting is unconfirmed.

Sunday night, Feb. 15: Another unconfirmed sighting near the intersection of Rincon Avenue and Conway. Search and rescue volunteers canvas the area handing out fliers, but still no Amber. She's been gone one week now, and friends at a candlelight vigil say there's no way Amber ran away.

"I know for a fact that there's zero percent chance that she just took off. That's an impossibility to me," friend Jade Fidell said.

Private investigator Bill Garcia organizes weekend searches. Then on March 3, a neighbor reports three teenage girls hiking near caves above Eastern Rincon Avenue.

"One of them, looking through binoculars, looked a lot like her," Escondido neighbor Tom Davids said.

The girls are never located, and the sighting is once again unconfirmed.

March 6: the family sets up Amber search headquarters. National organizations join the effort, offering a $50,000 reward for the girl's safe return.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9975976&nav=menu1607_2_1

Comment posted by reader..
Idea
Monday, March 09, 2009Maybe she forgot something and walked back home and something happened to her there.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 02:01:47 PM »

One reader suggested he knows the mom in this case uses meth.
Also there is a boyfriend of the mom..
Another reader asks a questions ..Did Amber return home..

My 14 year old forgets everything.. If Amber forgot her check for the lamb.. Did she return home to get it ??

Who would be at home if she did ?

Then there is the cell phone turning on the day after in a north direction and attempting to check messages and then turning off.. Never to be turned on again..

Now I have 2 suspects..
William who is in jail for the rape of a 16 year old..
and the Boyfriend.
Mom tattoo of a date of disappearance is still disturbing to me.. That date is forever..
Like death.

Just my thoughts and notes... jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »

ESCONDIDO — The father of missing teenager Amber DuBois has written her a letter and is asking the news media to circulate it.
Maurice DuBois says “our hope is that she will see our letter and know that her family is doing everything possible to bring her safely home.”
The letter talks about how he would be spending time with her if she were home, and describes pictures taken by her friends and a beach camping trip last summer. It concludes: “Don't lose hope in our finding you. I will never lose hope in our search for you.”
Amber, 14, disappeared while walking to Escondido High School the morning of Feb. 13. The family is offering a $60,000 reward – $50,000 for information leading to her safe return and $10,000 for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.
Anyone with information about Amber is asked to call a tip line at (760) 743-8477 or her father at (714) 231-1326. The family also has a Web site.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »

Amber Dubois' father wrote this letter to his missing daughter more than three weeks after she went missing in the hopes she would read it and know her family was doing everything possible to bring her safely home. --Ed.

March 06, 2009

Amber,                           

Hello my sweetheart, this is Dad. It’s late Friday night and I wanted to write you this letter since you are not here with me. This was supposed to be our weekend together and this afternoon at about the time I should be picking you up from the train station I was thinking about what I could do to talk to you like we would be doing right now. So I decided that tonight I would write you this letter and get it out where you might get a chance to read it.

One of your friends brought over a CD with pictures of you and your friends at their birthday beach party. Some cool pictures of you guys, one is of you running in the water at night by the pier with a cool sunset behind you. It reminds me of our midnight grunion run while camping last summer and all the fun we had that night catching all those darn fish with our hands. I guarantee on our next run, I will catch more than you!!!

Your Teacher Mr. Reyburn is keeping your lamb, ( Nénette ) for you till you get back. You can bet your Mom is looking as hard as she can for you since she will be doing your barn clean-up duties until you return.

This is still my weekend, so I will be waiting to hear from you so I can come get you. Next Friday is the 13th again and it will be a month that you have been away, I don’t want to wait that long before I get my next hug from you. Well, I really just wanted to say we all miss you and love you very much. I hope you get to read this, or better yet I hope you are back in my arms soon, so I can tell you in person. Don’t lose hope in our finding you. I will never lose hope in our search for you.

Always Loving You,

DAD  xoxo

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/A-Dads-Letter-to-His-Missing-Daugher.html

This father is a wonderful human being. A very sad situation.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »

This article indicates a mindset of some teens in the area and is not directley relative to this case. Just more information that shows it could be possible that somebody Amber knows has taken her captive for ??
Who really knows what this currant generation is thinking .. Morals are changing or gone..mo.

Torture and murder conspiracy charges were filed against two men accused of kidnapping a 76-year-old woman and holding her captive in her car for 26 hours.

Nineteen-year-old Jeffrey Nelson and 18-year-old Luis Osborne pleaded not guilty to the charges Wednesday in San Diego Superior Court.

The teenagers bound and gagged Natalie Herbst-Vinge on Dec. 8 as they searched her home in the San Diego suburbs for money and credit cards.

Another judge dismissed attempted murder charges after a hearing in February because he said there was no evidence they tried to kill her.

EL CAJON, Calif. -- Three teenagers accused of kidnapping a 75-year-old La Mesa woman and subjecting her to what a prosecutor called a "26-hour nightmare" pleaded not guilty Friday to torture and other charges.

Jeffrey Edward Nelson, 19, of Lakeside; Luis Lomeli Osborne, 18; and Antoinette Baker, 19, both of El Cajon; are accused of abducting Natalie Herbst-Vinge last week and keeping her bound and without food or water in the trunk of her own car as they went on a daylong joyride in it.
 The prosecutor said Nelson sold a vacuum cleaner to Herbst-Vinge last week, then returned to her house twice on Monday.

The second time -- around 10 p.m. -- he allegedly attacked her from behind after asking if he could use her telephone.

Nelson allegedly choked her until she was unconscious.

When she awoke, she found herself bound and gagged with duct tape, said Greenwood.

"(Nelson) went through the house looking for personal identification like credit cards," the prosecutor said.

At some point, Osborne and Baker joined Nelson and they drove to Ocean Beach with Herbst-Vinge in the trunk of her car and used her gas card, Greenwood said.

Both men punched the victim and denied her pleas for water, and Baker refused to help her, the prosecutor alleged.

"We know (Baker) knew exactly what was going on with the victim and did absolutely nothing to help," Greenwood said.

The woman was found in the trunk after her alleged abductors were pulled over for a traffic violation around midnight Wednesday in El Cajon.

All three are charged with torture, robbery, kidnapping to commit a felony, willful cruelty to an elder causing great bodily injury, false imprisonment of an elder and theft from an elder.

Nelson is also charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon with force likely to cause great bodily injury, burglary, carjacking and kidnapping during a carjacking.

Judge Patricia Cookson set bail at $2 million for each defendant and set a readiness conference for Dec. 23 at the East County Courthouse.

After the hearing, Greenwood -- who has prosecuted elder abuse cases for 12 years -- said seniors can no longer take a chance by being kind and letting a stranger into their homes.

Candace Mahoney, the victim's granddaughter, said, "(Herbst-Vinge) doesn't understand why (Nelson) would do that to her."

The woman is doing well in the hospital and is no longer bedridden, although it's uncertain when she will be released, according to her family.

Tests are being run because it's possible she suffered a heart attack during her ordeal, they said.

Her son, Daniel Allen, said his mother hasn't lost her ability to laugh.

"She said, 'The things I have to do to get my family together' -- that's her sense of humor," he said.

http://www.10news.com/news/18266168/detail.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »

Fourteen-year-old Amber Dubois was on her way to Escondido High School to buy a lamb for her 4-H project when she disappeared more than three weeks ago. Now that lamb is helping in the search to find her.

See video at this link... Read readers comments for opinions of locals and idiots..

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9991267&nav=menu1607_2_1
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 01:20:08 PM »

Police said Tuesday that a 27-year-old man was in custody on suspicion of abducting and raping a 16-year-old girl in the East County.
The man, Willie Kendall Williams, was arrested around 6 p.m. Monday at a relative's home in San Diego, El Cajon police Lt. Tim Henton said.

Williams allegedly forced the girl into a green older-model car in or near the 1100 block of East Main Street in El Cajon about 9 a.m. Monday, Lt. Steve Shakowski said.

According to the girl, Williams then drove a short distance, pulled over in an alley and sexually assaulted her before letting her go, he said.

The teen said she saw a pistol in the sedan, according to police.

The vehicle description given by the girl matched that of one stolen Monday morning about a mile from where the assault took place, Henton said.

Once Williams was identified as a suspect in the auto theft, his picture was included in a photo line-up shown to the girl who reported being assaulted, according to Henton. He said the girl identified Williams as her attacker.

Williams was booked into San Diego County Jail on suspicion of kidnapping for the purpose of sexual assault, forcible oral copulation with a juvenile and assault with a deadly weapon.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9936708&nav=menu1607_2_1

Police need to see if this is relative to Amber LeeAnne DuBois. 
This fellow did a early morning attack on this girl and Amber went missing early A.M. 
He had stolen a vehicle. He could have stole one previous.. 
He had a gun. 
It is only 30 miles or so from Escondido. 
This guy was found in San Diego showing how willing he is to travel. 
Where was he on the day in question concerning Amber, possible he was seen on video surveillance in Escondido ?

I did contact and give this info to investigators ...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 01:32:07 PM »

On Feb. 13, David remembers seeing Amber walking two blocks from the school around 7:10 a.m. - a full 20 minutes before the first bell.

"In fact, I remember thinking oh, she's a little bit early," he said.

The total distance of the route Amber takes from her home to the location of the school is less than a mile, north on Paradise Street, West on Vista Avenue and finally South on Broadway walking toward the school. It was here where two parents in different cars reported seeing Amber walking on the west side of the street.

"She was kind of jogging when I saw her and I thought she just looked like she was in a hurry," Wahlquist said.

The location is right next to a driveway that leads past a school bus maintenance yard and down to the school's livestock farmyard.

Multiple surveillance cameras monitor the farmyard, and the principal says that students, volunteers and teachers frequently stop by before school. Police have looked at that surveillance tape, but so far, nothing.

"There is that possibility that she went in that direction. Reports are she was seen around that driveway. It's a possibility, but it's not showing up on the video," Escondido Police Lt. Craig Carter said.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9939230

Either Whlquist is full is chit..Or the Police need to take a closer look !!
Either she was there or she was Not.

You can't advance in the search on nothing.. jmho

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »

A Post from a Parent in the farm area of the high school.. located in reader comments..

It is actually a snip from the parents written words as they are commenting on what some other person has written.. and they are upset at an accusation..

"She never made it to the school farm. Bottom line whatever happen was on the way to school.I'm at the farm all the time and for the record Amber didn't hang out at the farm or in the Ag classroom."

I love the open comments..
Sometimes you get some good acurate info...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »

Above comment is from this link..
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9991267&nav=menu1607_2_1
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »

In the news stories I have not seen the mother. The Dad is on TV a lot. I agree, he seems to be a good man. There have been abduction attempts at other locations. Maybe the El Cahon perp is connected. I do recall report of a previous attempt by 2 men in a white service vehichle. Of course, there are thousands of white service vans. I know, I notice them all now that the story was released.

Brenda VanDam was on the news. She was helping the family of Amber. Brenda looks great btw.

I hate when any child is abducted but this one hits too close to home. I never let my daughters walk alone to school. People probably think that overprotective, but oh well, it was my choice. It is a sad state of affairs when a 14 year old gets snatched off the street on her way to school.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.