March 19, 2024, 03:21:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708955 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »

I have been notified the links from web sleuths are not working for the vehicle comparrison photos..
We will get that fixed and repost the images without a link.. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »

The day 14-year old Amber Dubois disappeared, she was carrying a check for $200 to buy a lamb. She never made the purchase.

Amber vanished on February 13th as she walked to Escondido High School and hasn't been seen since. But what has become of the lamb, who Amber had named 'Nanette'?

In the month's that Amber disappeared, Nanette has been cared for by the Agricultural club at Escondido High School, according to Amber's father Maurice Dubois. The school has incurred the cost of boarding and caring for the lamb.

Now, the plan is for the lamb to be auctioned off at the San Diego County Fair in Del Mar. Any profits made from the sale will be given to the Amber Search Center.

There is at least one person who is hoping she can win the auction.

Amber's niece Kelly is hoping to raise enough money to buy the lamb herself and keep it in the family. She says if she's able to raise enough money, she'll keep the lamb at a farm or petting zoo with the hopes of one day giving it to Amber.

"To me, Nanette is a symbol that Amber is going to come home and I just want Amber to see her little lamb that she was so anxious to see that morning she disappeared," said Kelly.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Ambers-Lamb-To-Be-Auctioned.html

There is a video of this lamb at the link can somebody please bring that over ?
 Thank You
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2009, 11:10:13 AM »

<a href="http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=45233912&amp;path=%2Fnews%2Flocal" target="_blank">http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=45233912&amp;path=%2Fnews%2Flocal</a>

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Ambers-Lamb-To-Be-Auctioned.html

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:41 AM »

Thinking about you and your family and praying continuously with my family to bring Amber safely home.

Light Amber's way home:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Amber

Amber's website:
http://www.bringamberhome.com/

God bless Amber's family and keep them well and rested enough to continue to be the wonderful advocates, support, and information gatherers they have been for their well-loved and heart fully missed child, Amber.

Bringing this forward. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37:57 PM »

That little lamb is camera shy.. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »

The road behind the handler of the lamb looks pretty busy ..
Is she in the animal area of the high school ? Or at another place?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

There is only 2 spots which appear to have vulnerable positions..

Although along Broadway there is a couple of spots that appear to also be positions in which a vehicle could pull over and make some fast move out of sight from most people in the area, He/They Could have pulled over and pointed a weapon at her and told her to get in..
and maybe this is what happened.. I will not discount that idea..
This could have happened after the bus parking lot in front of the sports stadium as the houses across the street have fences and views are limited..
This is also within range of what other witnesses have said they had seen.. She would have been 200-300 yards from the main school entrance.

But other then that I have 2 areas that are without a doubt out of sight areas.. 

1.The church parking lot. Very vacant early A.M. and because of growth around the perimeter of the parking lot.. The abductor could be laying in wait for a victim..

Noted

" Amber's Grand-mom says no way, Amber would never cut across the church parking lot.

I still think it is possible.. jmho

2. The Maroon pick up... At first the pick up parks facing the street.. THEN the pick up backs up past the open gate to the bus yard.."This is seen in various news videos"
 Then, when he drives forward the white car comes in behind him into the open gated bus parking area and the maroon pick up drives around a parked car and parks for some minutes facing a bus. His rear window is dark and therefore he is hidden from street view on the rear and by the bus on the front as well as the parked car on his right side..

That is why I think Amber is already in the vehicle..

I have been thinking, She must have been headed over to the animal area when she was intercepted by the maroon pick up.. It came down the bus driveway behind her. He would have pointed a weapon at her and told her to get in.. Then he goes looking for a hidden spot to get the situation under control, he can see the white car enter the drive way and that is Why he backs up and drives forward looking for a better position.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »

Here are the Web Sleuths images courtesy of member, Cloudajo

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »

The only thing I have left to consider .. Is the cell phone location.

If it is turned on the next day and in a local area, then one would have to consider the suspect to be a local citizen.

If it is turned on the next day and it is 20 miles away..
Then the suspect may not be a local..

The position of that cell phone would most likely be the direction of travel and the search line.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2009, 02:38:01 PM »

Quote from: cloudajo;3721447
Someone on another forum posted a link to this Sacramento crime blog. I did a search on "red pickup truck" and several articles came back.

This one caught my eye - an incident on Feb 25, 2009 about attempted abduction of 16 year old girl walking to h.s. in Auburn (about 7-9 hours drive south of Escondido). The man had a full size red pickup truck and asked her for the time when she was walking by. Scary how this stuff happens. Not saying necessarily that it's related but who knows, and I wonder if LE can search police reports in the area/state on certain criteria like "red pickup truck." Article includes a sketch of the man.

Feb 25, 2009

Authorities released a sketch this afternoon of a man who allegedly tried to kidnap a teenager as she walked to school in Auburn this morning.

The 16-year-old girl was walking along Richardson Drive on her way to school at Maidu High School, said Dena Erwin, a spokeswoman for the Placer County Sheriff's Department.

The girl said that as she walked by a red, four-door pickup, a man asked her for the time, Erwin said.

"She looked down for her cell phone and he grabbed her and threw her against the truck," she said.

The girl said she elbowed the man in the stomach and ran.

"He got back in his truck and fled," Erwin said.

The girl ran home and called 911.

The girl described the man as white, in his 30s, with a muscular build and a goatee, wearing a black hooded, zip-up sweatshirt, Erwin said.

Deputies have searched the area and issued a "be on the lookout" to other law enforcement agencies. They also are "looking at potential suspects," Erwin said.

Article: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/crime/archives/020046.html

Video: http://www.truveo.com/Search-For-Suspect-In-Auburn-Attempted-Kidnapping/id/4152446953

Folsom / Aurburn is just outside of Sacramento... RED pick up .. 25th of February 
High school girl attempted abduction..
Please see news video..
Video: http://www.truveo.com/Search-For-Suspect-In-Auburn-Attempted-Kidnapping/id/4152446953

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

This is a video that shows the Maroon truck backing up..

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Red-Truck-Spotted-Near-Amber-Dubois-School.html
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »

Thank you Edward and thanks to Cloudajo over at WS.  Some useful information.  I totally agree with your theory.  Is there anyway to get a police report from the Sacramento incident to find out if there is more info on the truck?  When I first saw the video, I thought it was a Dodge Ram, I had no idea there were so many trucks like that. 

Prayers to Amber & those that love her!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »

Yes I think a person Could contact LE Sacramento..Like I have done in other cases and talk with the detective in charge of that case. I do not know if you can get a copy of the police report or not.. But They may be interested in knowing about THIS case.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »

Everyone should read that sacbee.com link posted above..
 One of the reader comments already references this case but somebody should make sure that Auburn LE has been contacted and that detectives on both sides have talked to each other and compared notes..
Anything is possible ...

AUBURN POLICE DEPARTMENT  530- 823- 4237

I just tried to call and it says offices are closed for the day.. umm, it is
3 oclock !! 
Bankers hours.. lol

Anyways somebody does need to confirm..
jmho

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »

I hope that was ok to post that lamb auction item, I took the address from the family web site.
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:53 PM »

The road behind the handler of the lamb looks pretty busy ..
Is she in the animal area of the high school ? Or at another place?

That would be N. Centre City Pkwy which runs behind the high school and it's properties.

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2009, 06:49:14 PM »

Thank You Ampersand
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »

We will need an answer from you on how anyone who wishes to send  donation for her auction for the purpose of wining the lamb in the animal auction can do so..

Then maybe one of the moderators can clean up any posts not relative. 

Again, it's a wonderful idea    Kelly and Amber are very close.  As soon as I saw the post I got on the phone to find out if/how this could be accomplished.  Sorry if my response above seems abrupt - for some reason the page kept jumping as I typed and I couldn't see what I was typing . . . 

We'll be sure to post whatever we come up with in that regard.   

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:06 PM »

It was very generous to suggest that folks send money to Maurice Dubois' niece,  Kelly, to help her raise money to buy the lamb. But, Amber's Trust does not allow the use of public donations except for "search and rescue" efforts for Amber.  The trust is in two parts: the reward, which is frozen until paid out ($50,000 for Amber's safe return, $10,000 for information leading to the arrest of responsible parties, and $10,000 for location of her burial if she has been murdered). This fund was paid for exclusively  by the family of Amber's Mom and three close friends.

The "search fund" is from public donations and certain fund raising activities (Fire Dept, Motorcyle run, Applebees).  In total, the "search fund" donations received are less than half of the reward fund.  Very few donations have been received in the past two weeks but costs for insurance for the center, the 800 number for "tips" answered at the police department, and related expenses for the search continue. Only essentials are charged to the trust account. We have been blessed with help from several organizations for office supplies and search materials such as bottled water, vests, etc. and remain grateful.

I like the lamb. I am impressed by the school farm facilities and the kids I met there were terrific young people. My daughter said the lamb  needed some things and I have purchased the "extras" needed, personally. It was never intended by Amber that the lamb become a pet. It was a Future Farmers educational project and Amber was looking forward to the Fair and the auction of her lamb. Her plan was to use the auction money to get her next animal. It has been a gesture of kindness for the school provide so much for the lamb and for Nicki who is the young lady attending EHS who has taken care of the lamb (no small task) on a day to day basis. It has been a project to raise funds. And, the sale of the lamb will provide extra monies needed  for the continued search for Amber, and, that must remain our priority. 

While I can represent that Amber's Trust has been legally set up, filed with the IRS, properly set up with the bank and trustees, audited by a CPA, etc., I cannot make any representations about any "lamb fund" because I do not know what, if anything, has been done.   In any event,  Amber's Trust cannot accept donations which are to go personally to Kelly. No funds can go directly to ANY family member for ANY purpose.

If this sounds harsh, please remember that it is my granddaughter that is missing and only God knows how long the search will go on. So, our first priority has to be for Amber. 

Thank you again for your tenacity in your investigations.  I will have specific comments on the progress in the next day or so.  God Bless you.

Amber's Grandmom
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31:31 PM »

It is not harsh at all, thank you for clarifying how it all works..

I have to go find a moderator to clean up my posts.. 

We have 4h projects future farmers and the kids raise the animal for 3 or 4 months and then they Show the animals and they get auctioned and the kids keep the money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.