March 18, 2024, 07:47:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708870 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 03:31:54 PM »

Mom and Dad and sister are viewed on this video.. 1 month later..
http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=590350@xetv.dayport.com&navCatId=5&rss=800

Escondido teen Amber Dubois went missing one month ago, and on Friday, family and friends of the 14-year-old gathered at a candlelight vigil.
Though police have received numerous tips, they said they are still no closer to finding her.

Dubois was last seen walking to Escondido High School on Friday, Feb. 13.

Friends and family members have scheduled regular searches for the girl and are urging people to volunteer in the search.

They are asking gas staion owners to review there videos from march 13 2009 looking for amber.

It's been one month since a teenager vanished in Escondido. Friday night family, friends and volunteers held a candlelight vigil for 14-year-old Amber Dubois.

After investigating about 100 tips, detectives still have no solid leads. Amber's family says she would never run away but police can't find any evidence of foul play.
And now on this one month anniversary, Amber's family is worried about volunteers losing interest in searching for the missing teen.

They're releasing more photos of Amber and passing out blue ribbons in hopes of keeping Amber in people's thoughts as time goes by.

The search continues this weekend. If you would like to join in, check in Saturday morning at the Amber Dubois Search Center, located at 755 N Quince Street in Escondido between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.  Volunteers must be 18-years-old and wear comfortable clothes.

Authorities asked anyone with information on the missing teenager's possible whereabouts to call (760) 743-TIPS.

Reward Increased

The search continues for Amber Dubois, the 14-year old Escondido high school student who's been missing for 18 days.
Wednesday night, the reward for information leading to her discovery was raised to $60,000.

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department search team is looking for clues to Amber's disappearance in a rugged area off Rincon Road in Escondido.

The area they searched Wednesday is called Sunrise Mountain. That follows Tuesday night's search of Daily Ranch. This comes after a resident reported suspicious activity in the area.

Although missing for more than three weeks, Sergeant Don Parker remains confident that Amber will be found.

"Instead of looking for a body, we like to look for a live person," explained Parker. "We're still doing that."

The Klass Kids Foundation is now part of the search efforts. Marc Klass will search areas that have yet to be explored in Escondido. Marc Klass' daughter, Polly, was kidnapped and murdered in 1993.

"Probably the most important thing you can tell the family is that they have to eat and that they have to rest and that they have to try to hold onto their sanity," said Klass.

The Klass Kids Foundation will begin searching the area on Saturday. They are using the Laura Recovery Center, the same group that helped find Danielle van Dam.

Community Support

Amber has not seen since she walked to school in Escondido on Friday, February 13th.

Amber's family thinks all evidence points toward Amber planning to arrive at school on Friday, February 13th.

They say she was carrying Valentine's Day gifts for her friends and a $200 check for a deposit on a lamb she planned to raise as part of her school's Future Farmer's program.

The family also revealed Amber sent four text messages to her grandmother before leaving the house that morning for the roughly mile-long walk to school.  Amber was last seen by two family friends only about 300 yards from the school's gate.

Police interviewed hundreds of students at Amber's high school, according to published reports that also say the girl's family members have been given polygraph tests.

Escondido police asked for the public's help in finding a young man who offered rides to girls as they walk home from school in Escondido's Oak Hill neighborhood.  That's about three miles from Amber's school.

Police have not said if they see a possible connection between the two cases.  For more on the Oak Hill story, click here.

The FBI is assisting police in the investigation. Amber's family also hired a private detective.

Amber's mother led hundreds on a search for Amber through local mountains,  Many in the community joined Carrie to help her pass out more than 40,000 fliers she printed regarding Amber's disappearance, going door to door to as many of Escondido's 80,000 homes as possible.

A link to download copies of the flier is above on the right.

Among the volunteers passing out fliers were La Mesa resident Celeste Dopp.

"I've never met (Amber). I've never even been to Escondido, this is my first time up here" she said.

But she felt obliged to donate her weekend to Amber's family. "If it were my child, I would expect everybody to be outside all day everyday until she is found."

Celeste is confident that day will come. "A girl doesn't just go missing and nobody didn't see anything, tell anybody anything. Somebody saw something! And we're going to find this girl."

New Theory
ESCONDIDO - There is another possible theory behind the disappearance of Amber Dubois. The 14-year-old girl has been missing since Friday February 13th. Amber's family and Private Investigator Bill Garcia are piecing together what they think may have happened. Their primary theory remains that Amber was abducted by a stranger while on her way to school, but now another possibility is developing.

“Either someone that knew Amber or knew of Amber may have played a cruel prank on her being that is was Friday the 13th and the Valentine's day holiday,” says Garcia.

According to Garcia, based on talks with Amber's friends, Escondido High School has seen its fair share of cruel and unusual pranks. Specific details on what kind of pranks were not released.

“I don't feel in my heart, even though I've heard stories of it, but I don't feel in my heart that any child would hold a prank on this long,” says Amber’s father, Maurice Dubois. Dubois says from day one he's felt that Amber was abducted.

Residents in San Diego County are reminded of Amber nearly everyday, but now her search is gaining National and even International attention; but Escondido will remain the primary area of search. “It was disgusting, within two miles of her school there are 29 registered sex offenders,” said Dubois.

The family has launched a new 24 hour hotline. If you know anything, you can now call 1-888-55-AMBER and you can remain anonymous. You are also urged to call Escondido Police at (760) 839-4722.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Candlelight-Vigil-for-Missing-Teenage-Escondido/glZVEOPuJU6Tpv0R0QtFMw.cspx?rss=800

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »

I hate to think this situation is all about drugs... It could be.. Not from dad.

I am not a supporter of Mark Klass... I hate to see him show up anu place.
Polly's situation was all about drugs.. Now it is all about publicity and money for Mark.

jmho
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 03:54:28 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: New details surface in Amber Dubois case
Missing Escondido teen's Web activity focus of search warrants
Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:00 PM PDT

ESCONDIDO ---- Friends of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois told police last month that the girl had been chatting with boys online, a situation that drew concern from one of her friends, according to court records obtained Friday.

And a forensic probe of the computer used by Amber and her family revealed a bump in Internet activity in the week before the teen's disappearance, according to an affidavit Escondido police filed last week to get a warrant to look at the computer communications of Amber, who went by the screen name "wolfintheend."

Download the search warrant
http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf

"This is not unusual, and it doesn't change our opinion of the case," Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter said Saturday of the increased activity. "We are still classifying this as a missing juvenile, not a runaway or an abduction."

Family and friends have described Amber as a bookish, sheltered girl who loved animals, including wolves, and never spoke of running away. They believe the Escondido High School freshman was abducted.

Massive searches have been mounted to find Amber, and dozens of volunteers headed out this weekend to search for the girl.

Amber was last seen heading to school at 7:10 a.m. Feb. 13, with a $200 check in hand to purchase a lamb for her 4-H project. She was also toting Valentine's Day gifts for her friends as she headed along busy North Broadway Avenue close to the campus.

One witness saw her walking toward Escondido High with a tall, slender, dark-complexioned young male, according to court documents. Carter said police are hoping that person, who could have been a fellow student, will recognize himself in the description and come forward to help them.

Online chats?

In court documents obtained Friday by the North County Times, Escondido police state that two of Amber's friends told a police detective Feb. 19 that the teenager had told each of them she had been spending time online talking to boys.

One of her friends told officers she tried to dissuade Amber from doing so, "due to her type of conversations that Amber stated she was talking about and the dangers associated with this behavior," according to the search warrant affidavit from Escondido police Officer Damon Vander Vorst.

Amber's parents each said they were surprised to hear the revelation. Both raised doubts and concerns about what their daughter's friends had said.

"I hope police follow through with that and check it out," Maurice Dubois said. "We want them to follow upon any such leads.

"It makes me nervous about Internet predators," he said, adding that he was unaware that his daughter could have been taking part in online chats with boys. He said he routinely checked her computer communications when she was with him at his Orange County home.

Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, echoed those concerns and said she also monitored her daughter's Internet activity. She said Amber could have been lured by someone she may have known or somehow had been acquainted with.

The warrant affidavit also states that a probe of the computer revealed Internet activity on it had increased the week prior to her disappearance ---- and that activity stopped after Amber went missing.

The warrant obtained by police last week allows them to search the content and subscriber information of Amber's Yahoo account, on which she used the online name "wolfintheend."

With no solid leads, police said they are putting out feelers everywhere they can, looking into everything they can ---- including obtaining warrants to search Amber's Internet records.

The warrant for the Yahoo account is one of many police have sought and received to view the content of Amber's communications on various social networking or other Internet sites she may have been visited, Escondido police Lt. Robert Benton said.

The law requires that each social networking site, as well as Internet content providers like Yahoo, must be individually served with a search warrant in order for police to probe Amber's activity on those sites.

Searches of electronic communications are a standard investigating tool for police. In Amber's case, police said they are also looking through the teenager's cell phone calls and text messages.

"This is just a normal course of action in a case like this," Lt. Carter said. "We are going to make every effort in case there are any additional clues."

Search continues

Amber's father and mother, along with the mother's boyfriend, all voluntarily took and passed polygraph tests, Lt. Benton said last month. All have been ruled out as suspects.

The case has gained local and national media attention, with the family holding several press conferences and community searches for Amber.

On Friday, which marked exactly four weeks since Amber disappeared, about 100 people joined her family in front of Escondido High School for a candlelight vigil.

"She's very precious to me," Amber's grandmother Genie Dubois said Friday evening as she handed out blue ribbons for attendees to wear. "On a busy street like this, how can a girl just disappear?"

A few of her friends sobbed and hugged afterward as they sat in the grass and talked about Amber.

A reward of $50,000 has been offered for information leading to the teen's safe return. Another $10,000 is offered for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

The search for the child continues, and her mother said about 90 volunteers showing up Saturday to help comb Escondido for signs of her.

A similar search is set for Sunday. Volunteers are asked to meet at 755 N. Quince St. in Escondido any time between 8 a.m. and noon to help. More information is available at www.bringamberhome.com.

Amber is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds with medium-length brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information about the case is urged to call Escondido police at (760) 743-8477.
http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/03/14/news/inland/escondido/z01d2d40cc4e7093388257579006e3580.txt

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 02:07:07 AM »

I just heard latest news. Sounds like a possible computer related abduction. 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 02:08:56 AM »

Her Mom was on TV tonight, so sad. We all stress the importance of security online, but the kids do not see the dangers. They said tonight, she was seen walking with a guy.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 04:08:01 AM »

Her Mom was on TV tonight, so sad. We all stress the importance of security online, but the kids do not see the dangers. They said tonight, she was seen walking with a guy.

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- There are new details in the case of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois, and they come from a search warrant obtained by 10 News. Escondido detectives are looking to see with whom Amber was communicating on an email account she had with Yahoo. She used the screen name “wolf in the end,” and police want to know not only who Amber was emailing but also to whom she was talking. The search warrant also reveals that friends of Amber told detectives she was talking to boys on social networking sites. Her mother said she closely monitors Amber’s computer use and she doesn’t believe she was talking to boys. It’s now been a month and two days since the 14-year-old disappeared. The search continues to be coordinated through the Amber Dubois search center at 755 Quince St. in Escondido. Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, is appealing for more volunteers to show up next weekend as there is still a lot of land to be cleared in the Escondido area.
http://www.10news.com/news/18934963/detail.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »

One witness saw her walking toward Escondido High with a tall, slender, dark-complexioned young male

No student has stepped forward... Indicating it is NOT a student.

I am happy to see LE gave the boyfriend a test and he passed..

I wrote in and told LE about the fellow W.Williams currently being held for the rape of a 16 year old. and asked them to check all video at and around the area.

I noticed that the family mom and dad have requested all gas station videos be looked at on the date of disappearance looking for Amber in the Video.

I am very frustrated with that ... They are supposed to be looking for Willie in the video surveillance images..

Willie is a tall "young looking black male" with a bald head and mustache and close beard.
He will not allow his face on court camera to be released to the public, as requested by his court appointed attorney.
I would like to see his pictures in the hands of LE investigators and that they themselves go around gas stations and stores looking for his image in video.

If he has disposed of Amber, he is not going to jump up and admit it.. LE will have to prove him in the area.. Then searches can take place in his line of travel..
 He could have been talking with Amber on a computer... He could have been in a public library or on one of his other family members home doing that or even on one of these new hand held cell phone devices..

His last attack was to the south by 30 miles..
Amber would be between her home and there.. Still if it is him the area needs to be narrowed down. First they will have to prove HE was in the area at the time..
He would have been in a stolen car.

jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

The boyfriend I am referring to in the above post is MOMS boyfriend.
Just to clarify.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 03:36:36 PM »

LE should be taking A photo of W. Williams and should be seen by the one witness who had seen Amber with the tall dark fellow to see if it is him in the first place.

No doubt it could be ANYBODY.. I am not standing on a soapbox saying this IS the guy..
He is just a person who should be looked at closely because he has a similar MO.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Police are examining several new pieces of possible evidence today in the case of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois. The possible evidence includes clothing found over the weekend in the hills of northwest Escondido.
Police say they're also looking over recently subpoenaed cell phone and computer usage records, which show the 14-year-old was more active than usual in online chats the week before she disappeared.

Amber was last seen the morning of February 13th walking to Escondido High School, where she was a student.

http://www.kusi.com/news/local/41326262.html

Video
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=12511999&src=news

Several items of possible evidence were found as volunteers searched the hills in the northwest part of Escondido for clues in the disappearance of 14-year-old Amber Dubois.
The girl was last seen Feb. 13 as she walked to Escondido High School.

Sheriff's officials told KFMB-TV they found several items of clothing that will be analyzed during the week to see if they can be helpful in the search for the girl.

The North County Times reported that police subpoenaed cell phone and computer usage records recently and found that Amber was more active than usual in online chats the week before she disappeared.

Amber's father, Maurice DuBois, said Amber's disappearance has taken a toll on her family. The girl's 5-year-old half-sister is in counseling and Amber's mother struggles every day, he said. Her parents, who are divorced, haven't worked since Amber disappeared.

There's a $55,000 reward for anyone with information leading to her safe return and an additional $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

A search is scheduled every day, but investigators don't disclose where they are sending people to look. The command center houses a closed-off room with maps marked with search areas.

Since Amber's disappearance was so mysterious, there is a chance the girl was abducted by someone she knew, Dubois said.

Police and Amber's father have no strong theories on how she disappeared.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10012681

LE needs to look close at ALL suvalliance within 20 miles of this spot.

Read all user comments at the cbs8 link.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 10:03:10 AM »

User comment...

GOOD NEWS
Monday, March 16, 2009GOOD NEWS! There is a man posting on a different comment board by name of donleo. He says he saw Amber this morning in Balbo Park and that he called the police. He said she was wearing green plaid pajama type pants. He said he asked her if she was Amber and she said I'm out of here. Let's hope this is a solid sighting!!!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »

http://www.inetours.com/San_Diego/Balboa_Park.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balboa_Park,_San_Diego,_California

http://gothere.com/sandiego/BalboaPark/index.htm
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »

Could be mistaken identity...Could be something.. Could also be spoof.
I do hope this person did in fact call police and they are looking at video surveillance cameras at this moment.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »

Make no mistake about it-- from her big blues eyes to the generous sprinkle of fairy kisses (also known as freckles) Amber is Irish. Her Mom's family is proud of their heritage and Amber
never took off a piece of jewelry purchased for her in Dublin, Ireland by her Irish Grandmom. Her love and skill with horses comes from a long line of fine horsewomen in her ancestry and decades of farmers. 
On this St. Patrick's Day, please wear a bit of green for our lass.  When you hear "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" please think of how much we all want to see her Irish eyes smiling again.

We need your help to BringAmberHome. 

http://www.bringamberhome.com/

We are Prepared for the worst BUT Always Hoping for the best Amber..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »

Another reader comment...

love
Tuesday, March 17, 2009Amber's Mom didn't want to believe it could be internet related I think her brain is fried from drugs 
look at her she a tweeker that poor girl probably had to deal with people coming in and out of her house thats why she was a quiet and keeped to her self no love at home to her so she went to run away with some -one on line so give her love thats what i feel , You can see that her dad loves her to death he's the only one thats talking you hardly see her mom on news . thank god her dad can show her love more than her mom and thats sad

The second time somebody has made a comment on Meth... Interesting.. Not colclusive and I am not accusing.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2009, 05:07:25 PM »

But it does add weight to the possibility of a runaway.. Mom should be tested to rid the accusations.
 MO.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »

Here is the actual post where a "registered reader" posted his comment..

I called SDPD this morning and reported that I saw her in back of one of the buildings in Balboa Park. She was wearing a pair of green plaid lounge-type pants. And when I asked her if she was Amber she said I'm out of here.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Investigators-Amber-Dubois-Internet-Use-Increased/BjqQI9XLB0GIw1vBrNDMRw.cspx

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »

One more user comment... Take it or leave it.. jmho

just me
Tuesday, March 17, 2009I do not want to bring false hope however, I do want to help Amber get home. I'm sure I sound crazy and maybe I am, but I could not let it go. Last night a friend of mine, out of the blue, said "I drove by a sign with Amber Dubois name on it and I experienced something really strange". He continued on to say that Amber was taken by someone she knew, not personally, but someone she saw everyday either driving by , or someone that maybe used to wave to her all the time, he offered to get her stoned. My friend seems to think Amber liked to smoke pot. He said that is why she got in this mans car on her own free will. He said Amber was taken to a house near the school on a street called Nina. The house is coral color with white trim and it has dividers on the window. There is a dark green or dark blue older style truck sitting at or near the house. I have never been in that area but I drove there tonight. I could not see the house colors well because it was dark, but as I drove down nina there was a house with dividers in the window and outside on the street was a green older style truck. In the driveway was a dark blue older style truck. I called and told him about what I saw on the street and asked him if he were bullshitting or not. He said "I've never been on that street". he stated it just came to him and it was so overwhelming, he thinks the police should hit every house on that street at 5am and search for Amber or evidence of her. The mind is a powerful thing and can often play tricks on us, but like I said I could not let it go. I think my friend is psychic, but I know there has been many cases solved by psychics. If that were my daughter I would of had a psychic involved immediately. The police didn't handle that other missing girls case very well. The one where they arrested the brother and his friend and let them sit in juvenile hall forever without looking into other leads. Anyway, I do not know Amber or her family. I never heard of her until news broke she was missing. Now I may never forget her. I pray she is found.

This is a map of that street mentioned.. and it has a street view on the map so you can look up and down the street.
I agree with one thing... The Human mind is a very powerful thing... So who knows, anything is possible..
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIC_enUS317US317&q=nina+drive++escondido
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »

Another reader comment...

love
Tuesday, March 17, 2009Amber's Mom didn't want to believe it could be internet related I think her brain is fried from drugs 
look at her she a tweeker that poor girl probably had to deal with people coming in and out of her house thats why she was a quiet and keeped to her self no love at home to her so she went to run away with some -one on line so give her love thats what i feel , You can see that her dad loves her to death he's the only one thats talking you hardly see her mom on news . thank god her dad can show her love more than her mom and thats sad

The second time somebody has made a comment on Meth... Interesting.. Not colclusive and I am not accusing.

I am also considering this is Amber herself writing this as you can post without a user name or email address...

Just considering it and am not convinced. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »

Thanks Edward for all the updates on the case.  I hope that this young woman can be found safe.  I check back often, thanks again.

Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.