March 18, 2024, 11:12:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708911 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »

Everyone can help by writing to the the shows that spot light these cases. We need attention for this case and everyone to know Amber is missing.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: May 22, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »

Quote from: Dolce link=topic=4583.msg 816455#msg 816455 date=1242997692
Was someone looking for me? 

Sorry, I am not as familiar with this case as I would like to be.  Let me read back.  Smile
Thank you so much for stopping in. I was told you are one of the best in getting attention for a case! Amber has been missing since Feb, she is a sweet girl, her family misses her so much...you can feel it when visiting the website and reading the posts here. they are a good family and one which loves Amber very much. I think because there is no drama that is why the case has not grabbed national media. Amber didn't leave without permission, the family is the average American family, no suspected drug use, just every day people. for goodness sakes, Amber was on her way to buy a little lamb to raise!
My feeling is we need to grab the media's attention by getting an emotional connection, make people understand this can happen to even a normal, everyday American family,  just like there's. How can we make "No drama" =  attention in your opinion?
One thing I believe would grab attention is maybe using the possible connection to the truck, sketches of Braints kidnappers against the kidnapping attempt in Auburn and oh gosh where was that, redondo  beach or something like that.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: May 22, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

Ampersand here is your answer on the body found..

Coroner case 700903374 VN: On Monday, May 18, 2009, a crew performing a survey in the desert west of Primm, Nevada, came upon human skeletal remains west of the Interstate 15 Freeway. The Sheriff Department was notified of the discovery Wednesday morning (May 20, 2009), and recovered the remains that same day. Examinations will be conducted to determine the identity and cause of death. Anyone with information is urged to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division at 909-387-2978, or the Homicide Detail at 909-387-3589. [05/20/09 2057 VN] UPDATE 05/21/09: The skeletal remains were examined today by a forensic anthropologist and determined them to be of an adult male (designated "John Doe #40-09"), probably middle-aged. Additional examinations are scheduled. [05/21/09 1950 VN]

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: May 22, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »

Tracygirl you are doing wonderful things.. Thank You.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »

Tracygirl left a note in Tori Stafford's thread which is where I have been of late. As we await news on the search of Tori's reamins I have as well read this whole thread and made some notes.

First to Amber's aunt and grandma.  My heart goes out to you and your families.  Your messages show what love your family has for each other as well as Amber.  I will pray that Amber is safe until she can come home.  God has given you strength to endure this and we are all with you to help you.

Please forgive me if some of this has been addressed before, but it is what really stuck out to me as I read.

The first video of the truck backing up and pulling forward:
The white vehicle that pulls in has a logo on the drivers door.  Has LE found that driver and questioned them?  Is this someone that is typically at the bus lot at that time (going to work routine) and if so is it usual to see other vehicles there?  Have they seen that truck again?

The red truck did have a altered tailgate that either looked like it was to pull a 5th wheel or trailer.  Horse trailer came to mind.  Construction crews use them to store tools etc.  There was mention of contruction in the area.  Has LE taken the truck picture to the sites to see if it is recognized? It could be a independent contractor that goes from site to site based on contracts rather than working with a crew.  This would explain the ability to not be remembered by a certain crew if they come in, do their craft, get paid and leave.

I am also wondering if there are camping/trailer facilities in the area.  Could the altered truck really be to pull a 5th wheel that the driver lives out of and has parked on a long term site?  I know that is common down there to lease a site to have your camper/trailer/5th wheel on especially for snowbirds from Canada.  Has LE canvased the trailer/camping facilities to see if there is someone with a similar truck, or if a new girl has been seen around?

Cell phone.  Can you check based on make and model if you can set it up to automatically check voice mail/message when you turn it on.  On my cell I can and have it set that way.  Wondering if Amber had her phone set the same way and when it was powered on it went to check messages, did the audible acknowledgment that there were new messages which caused it to be turned off immediately. 

Amber walked to school that morning with gifts for some of her friends.  Have these been found?  Not knowing what the gifts where I am jumping here, but my daughter would give her friends friendship bracelets, pins, etc.  If they were similar gifts have the kids at her school/area been asked if any of them have seen someone with a new bracelet etc that they may have found? 

In regards to the morning abduction attempts.  That to me smells of someone who may work evenings and is doing this after getting off work.  It is unusual to happen in the morning without upsetting work schedules and triggering suspicions.  What type of evening work is in that area?  I have not mapped the dates on a  calendar to see day of week that these have taken place, but there may be a pattern if someone has done it please share. 

Thank you for all your work on this Edward!

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #465 on: May 22, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »

I'm aware that Illinois is quite the distance from California, but this struck me as almost the same description as the truck that may be involved with Amber.  The date is last August.  Not sure if this is helpful or not.

Two More Attempted Child Abductions Reported In Winnebago County
Reported by: Bob Ryder
Monday, Aug 4, 2008 @06:11pm CST

(Winnebago County)There are two More reports of possible attempted kidnappings in the Stateline today. The latest cases are being reported at West Lake Village and in the town of Winnebago. On Saturday a 13-year-old girl was in the neighborhood park near the beach at West Lake Village when she was approached by a man in a red pickup truck. Police say the girl told her mom that the man asked her to "help him with something" When she refused, the suspect reached toward her and that's when the teen screamed and ran away. The suspect got back into his truck and drove away. He's described as a white male, in his 40s driving a red pick up truck with chrome running boards. The second incident happened on July 30th at the McNair School playground when a man in a SUV asked a 13 year old girl for help in finding his dog. when the girl refused the man drive off. Winnebago Police Chief Todd Stockburger says, "Since then we've and some active patrols keeping their eyes out for a dark SUV.....parents do need to talk to their kids about incidents like this and tell them to report them as soon as possible." The investigations into both incidents are continuing

Edit to add link per canadianmonkey:
http://mystateline.com/content/fulltext/?cid=17751
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:45:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »

Ampersand here is your answer on the body found..

Coroner case 700903374 VN: On Monday, May 18, 2009, a crew performing a survey in the desert west of Primm, Nevada, came upon human skeletal remains west of the Interstate 15 Freeway. The Sheriff Department was notified of the discovery Wednesday morning (May 20, 2009), and recovered the remains that same day. Examinations will be conducted to determine the identity and cause of death. Anyone with information is urged to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division at 909-387-2978, or the Homicide Detail at 909-387-3589. [05/20/09 2057 VN] UPDATE 05/21/09: The skeletal remains were examined today by a forensic anthropologist and determined them to be of an adult male (designated "John Doe #40-09"), probably middle-aged. Additional examinations are scheduled. [05/21/09 1950 VN]

***exhale***  Prayers for his soul and peace to his family.

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: May 22, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »

Inside the Escondido Police Department there are 12 binders in a locked room.  The binders contain the investigative information collected by detectives during the past 3 months that Amber Dubois has been missing.

"Our typical homicide case, even a multiple homicide case might fill one or two binders,"said Lt. Bob Benton.  He says more than 20 detectives from Escondido Police have worked on the case, which has consumed countless hours of investigation.  "It's very frustrating to put the amount of hours and resources into this case and yet to determine exactly what happened that morning,"said Benton.

On February 13th, Amber Dubois disappeared while walking to Escondido High School.  She was last seen with an unknown teenage boy about a hundred yards from the school.  Since then, detectives have been collecting information about Amber.  "Anything that could help find her,"Benton said.

Inside the 12 binders there are transcripts to more than 500 interviews with people who know Amber or claim to have seen her.  There are photocopies of Amber's last emails.  There are also pictures of clothing found near Amber's home like a blue sweater that turned out to be nothing.  Pictures of shoes, the same type that Amber was wearing, so investigators know what to look for if they find footprints.  There are also 900 tips that detectives have spent months tracking down, to see if they led to the missing girl.  "One tipster thought they saw Amber in a semi-truck, coming across the Mexico border in Tecate.  Our investigators not only found the truck but talked to the driver and the girl who looked similar to Amber, but wasn't her,"said Benton. 

The lieutenant says the family of Amber Dubois has criticized the police department for not doing enough.  He says that's not true, and the 12 binders prove it.  Lt. Benton also says more than a dozen outside agencies have helped out in the case including the F.B.I.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ExclusiveAmber-Dubois-Case-Files.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: May 22, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »

there is a good interview with the mom to go along with the article. Can someone enbed it? I have no idea how to do that.

Ambers family, this would be good to include on your website. Putting a the moms face with the story will help make it personal.

thank you edward for posting the report, glad it is not related to this case. My prayers go out to the mans family though.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: May 22, 2009, 01:40:01 PM »

<a href="http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=43621232&amp;path=%2Fnews%2Flocal" target="_blank">http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=43621232&amp;path=%2Fnews%2Flocal</a>

Call me cynical but I think the 12 binders came from Ambersgrandmom.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:31:28 PM by klaasend » Logged

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »

<a href="http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=43621232&amp;path=%2Fnews%2Flocal" target="_blank">http://www.nbcsandiego.com/syndication?id=43621232&amp;path=%2Fnews%2Flocal</a>

Call me cynical but I think the 12 binders came from Ambersgrandmom.

When family met with LE about a month ago - there were at least 9 binders - so 12 doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities now. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:31:44 PM by klaasend » Logged

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: May 22, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »

Everyone can help by writing to the the shows that spot light these cases. We need attention for this case and everyone to know Amber is missing.

TG - thank you for emailing your sample letter - it's exactly what I needed to get started - I've made a few edits and I'm putting together as comprehensive a list of shows/media contacts as possible to send out with the letter.  I'll forward ASAP. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2009, 02:29:24 PM »

Tracygirl - I have found that we have power in numbers, regardless of the drama factor.  If there are enough "viewers" who want to raise the ratings for the shows they will put out what it is that the viewers want. 

I will put something together and run around the cages asking that everyone write in.  That is a way to start.  Also, local media can do wonders too...that is another thing to look at, just because they may be small time, the big time pays a lot of people to watch everything and pick up what they consider to be of worth. 

AMW, Nancy Grace, and Greta seem to be the best bet for this case...IMO.  Does anyone else have any suggestions??

Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #473 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »

I'm compiling email addresses of national media that have been in contact via Amber's website - which I will post here with the sample letter etc.

Amber's website has been previously contacted by a tv network in Mexico - a bilingual letter campaign would be tremendous.  Is that possible? 

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: May 22, 2009, 02:52:36 PM »

okay, I have now read up and studied up on everything in this thread, and also whatever is in any of the links etc. 
Her walk started on Paradise? is that correct?
And did they have trailing dogs follow her scent to see where she went and where her trail ended?  Please do not tell me they did not do that

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #475 on: May 22, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

A CALL TO MONKEY ACTION - AMBER DUBOIS

Please help raise awareness for this missing teen who’s story has never been told as others have.  Please help give Amber the chance to come home.  I have made it so easy for you to shoot an email over to Greta and Nancy.  Also, links to post and send comments.  Please take a moment to do this for her family who are active Monkeys.
TIA

SEND A COMMENT:

Nancy Grace:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81

America’s Most Wanted:
http://www.amw.com/contact%5Fus/

Greta:
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2009/05/22/open-thread-and-a-question/#comments

SEND AN EMAIL: (Simply copy and paste into your “To” section of email)

TO:

nancy.grace@turner.com; viewerservices@foxnews.com

-----------

I am a faithfull long time viewer of your show.  I would like to call to your attention the case of Amber DuBois is a beautiful 13 y/o girl who went missing in Escondido, CA.
I want to hear more about this case.  I want to see her featured as a missing person.  This childs disappearance could happen to any family and it is scary!  Please research and air her story.

Regards,

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »

A CALL TO MONKEY ACTION - AMBER DUBOIS

Please help raise awareness for this missing teen who’s story has never been told as others have.  Please help give Amber the chance to come home.  I have made it so easy for you to shoot an email over to Greta and Nancy.  Also, links to post and send comments.  Please take a moment to do this for her family who are active Monkeys.
TIA

SEND A COMMENT:

Nancy Grace:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81

America’s Most Wanted:
http://www.amw.com/contact%5Fus/

Greta:
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2009/05/22/open-thread-and-a-question/#comments

SEND AN EMAIL: (Simply copy and paste into your “To” section of email)

TO:

nancy.grace@turner.com; viewerservices@foxnews.com

-----------

I am a faithfull long time viewer of your show.  I would like to call to your attention the case of Amber DuBois is a beautiful 13 y/o girl who went missing in Escondido, CA.
I want to hear more about this case.  I want to see her featured as a missing person.  This childs disappearance could happen to any family and it is scary!  Please research and air her story.

Regards,

Thank you!!!! Big monkey hug coming at you ((((((((((HUG))))))))))) 
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #477 on: May 22, 2009, 03:34:53 PM »

My emails are sent out to all the links.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: May 22, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »

I sent emails out to all links.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #479 on: May 22, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »

Thanks Darla!!

Monkeys and Lurkers and Guests...it is not enough to sit here and read and post all day long if you are not willing to do something as simple as sending an email or post a comment requesting that media attention be brought to these cases.  It takes only a moment of your time to help save a childs entire life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.