March 18, 2024, 09:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708885 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »

Dad: 'Clues' Turned Over In Missing-Teen Case

By Eric S. Page
NBCSanDiego.com
updated 1 minute ago

The father of a missing teenager girl told a local paper that some "clues were turned over to" local investigators.

Maurice Dubois' 14-year-old daughter, Amber Dubois, was last seen Feb. 13 as she walked to Escondido High School.

Dubois also told the North County Times that the "clues" may be helpful but that he did not know anything specific about them.

Searchers that included family,friends and volunteers combed the county for the fourth weekend on Saturday and Sunday. KFMB reported that the searches had turned "up possible evidence." The station's Web site said representatives of the sheriff's department said several items of clothing had been located that would be checked for connections to the case.

In another heartbreaking development in the case, Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, said that she had been awakened twice in the middle night since she last saw her daughter by callers claiming to have Amber. Both calls, however, turned out to be made by crank callers.

Anyone with information about the case is being urged to call the Escondido police at 760-743-8477.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29724053/

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »

I am hoping at this time she is safe and alive.. All can be forgiven as she is just 14 years old.
Finding her safe would really be uplifting.
But that does not blind me from All we have witnessed and followed over the last 4 years.
I am just trying to stay positive..

There is a few things..
1. A tattoo on mom.. That was really strange.. Means little, but to tattoo the date of disappearance? Not like anybody would forget that..  Anyways it means nothing.. I probably read to much into that.. Like she said she was just reacting to stress of the F.B.I. rummaging through her house..

2. Various comments made by others as to indications of some sort of drug usage.
      This is not uncommon many people use drugs. That can be cleared up with a simple test.
3. A Divorce and distance.. Do not know the relationship between mother and father.
4. A cell phone that tries to check messages and then shuts off.. A day later, not to far away from where she is last seen. Same city
5. No witness to struggle in a very populated area near the school as many high school age kids arrive. Amber herself is seen.. Witnessed by various people walking.

I have suspects
In a man who actually abducted a 16 year old one week later by pulling up next to her in a stolen car and pointing what appears to be a gun and telling her to get into his car.. She does without struggle. He rapes her and lets her go..
 Police should be looking at all video surveillance cameras or sending his photo to all gas stations and convenience stores asking them to check there cameras on the date in question looking for her and this fellow William who committed this other act..
 The fact that he was smart enough to get his court appointed attorney to keep his face out of the news says he is hiding his face for a reason..
I find him as high suspect.. Because he did an early morning attack around 8.a.m. he had a stolen car and he had what appeared to be a gun, which he could have disposed of before police arrested him. He shows the MO for the act of abduction.
Finding him in video in the area would be the ultimate, possible in another stolen vehicle. Maybe he has chatted with Amber online previously.. Possibly, He knew she was going to school at what time..

Also
 I have read about a group of hookers working the motels in Escondido.. It was noted in the news media. Not far away from the high school.
 There could be a pimp who abducts a girl to indoctrinate her.. He would have to be half crazy and on drugs.. Happens all the time.
 Moves her to another city, Breaks her in and threatens her with grave bodily harm to herself and her loved ones, and is Hiding her in plain sight.. In another city far far away by now.
This is how it is done and noted by Dr.Donna Hughes in her study called "Hiding in plain sight"
But does it happen every day ?? I do not think so. But it does happen.
I do not think the police have considered this option.. They should be taking the girls off the streets to jail and interrogating them looking for strange acting males in the area... Other males who may have a desire for young girls.
Also finding there pimp if there is one, interrogating him or her too. Watching that pimp like a hawk!! They are very dangerous people... They would kill you for.. Anything. Generally the type of personality that seeks to control and enslave other human beings are sociopathic.
 MO.

The chances are though, she has in fact run away, because there was no sign of struggle.
Although people see her walking there is no witness to a vehicle approaching her. There is a witness to one tall dark fellow walking with her by this one witness account..
Who is that person ? Is that William ? If so he would have a bald head and a short beard and he is 23 years old ?.. she is 14, BIG age difference and the witness said it looked like another student.. But that student has not been reported to have stepped forward.
Police do not have to tell the media anything.. He "the student" may have already stepped up.
I hope so.
The other options are not nice..

I just keep reading and praying for the best for Amber and her family.
Even though I comment with my thoughts on each article I read or comment made by others My best thoughts and hopes are for the safe return of Amber and relief for her family knowing she is safe.

If not her safe.. Then I want the bad guy. Identifying people "suspect" early is important.
I have never seen searches where flyer's are handed out be successful.. Property invasions should be high on LE list of things to do.. I have not seen that happen and there are many many illegals living in outlying areas farms and ranches.. The police do not appear from the beginning to be aggressive in there search efforts.
jmho
jmho

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »

I am hoping at this time she is safe and alive.. All can be forgiven as she is just 14 years old.
Finding her safe would really be uplifting.
But that does not blind me from All we have witnessed and followed over the last 4 years.
I am just trying to stay positive..

There is a few things..
1. A tattoo on mom.. That was really strange.. Means little, but to tattoo the date of disappearance? Not like anybody would forget that..  Anyways it means nothing.. I probably read to much into that.. Like she said she was just reacting to stress of the F.B.I. rummaging through her house..

2. Various comments made by others as to indications of some sort of drug usage.
      This is not uncommon many people use drugs. That can be cleared up with a simple test.
3. A Divorce and distance.. Do not know the relationship between mother and father.
4. A cell phone that tries to check messages and then shuts off.. A day later, not to far away from where she is last seen. Same city
5. No witness to struggle in a very populated area near the school as many high school age kids arrive. Amber herself is seen.. Witnessed by various people walking.

Edward, I thank you for covering this situation for us.  For some reason I too seem to be obsessed with the case.   I wish SM were giving it a more prominant listing.   

The main fact to remember is that Amber is 14 years old.  I know at that age she feels invincible and may take risks and make bad choices, but the fact remains that she is ONLY 14.   Sometimes after worrying and caring for a time with no good information forthcoming, I may become impatient with the victim for not dressing right,  going  out alone at night, having shady friends,  trying drugs, etc.  Then I remember... she is the victim and ONLY 14. 

Guess by now you can see my take on the case.  It looks to me as if people are beginning to "slime" her and her family.  I see why, and sincere people as well as trolls may do it, but I do not agree.  I agree with you that LE needs to be looking for predators both criminals and male relatives and friends of the family.   Statistically, that would make more sense.

You mention her Mom's tattoo.  Well I too am speechless (or not).  No way can I imagine the urge to tattoo, or tattoo that date on myself, but that's just me.  Probably my age.

Drugs and divorce may be factors, but neither lead me to think so in this case.

The cell phone call for messages is odd.  Don't know what to think about that.

No witness to the abduction indicates to me that she either knew, or had no reason to fear the abductor.  Including teachers, parents of other students, etc.  Or that he showed a gun.   She is young and athletic and smart, too smart to go quietly.

The alternate possibility to abduction seems to me the "Romeo and Juliet" plot.  I too hope that is what happened.     

Let's just hold the thought that when this happened Amber was said to be a good student, well behaved, reasonable, and giving no trouble to anyone   Talking to boys on the Internet ...   well she is a 14 year old girl.

Gee, I got a little wordy.  Again Edward, I value your opinions and thank you again for posting this news. 

chi-mama

JMO    Just my opinion, and possibly worth even less than you paid for it.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »

I appriciate your comments.
I am keeping on top of this in the news and any other news that may or may not be relative in the area in case I have to make a trip down there to physically search ..

I like you, hope she turns up soon.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »

The toll it is taking is discussed in the news video at this link..
I feel terrible for anybody in this position..

http://www.10news.com/news/18934963/detail.html

*fixed by me Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:00:38 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 09:14:31 PM »

Reader comments...

I feel like I am reading a Jack in the box soap opera here, there is a real person missing, this is real, there real people are suffering and want a real person to come home. We are getting off track. If you know something or even have a feeling about something, call the tip hot line, you don't have to leave a name, and let the police handle it . I believe that the police is doing everything they can, if you think you can do better than you go out there and find her. We should also be careful what we say cause it might be harmful to her. 
Also, unless you know for a fact about the family, we should stop spreading nasty rumors about something we know or even sure about. 
I really hope that the families and friends don't read any of the hurtful comments. Amber's family and friends are in my prayer and thoughts everyday until she come home.

ambie
Wednesday, March 18, 2009Thank You Real!!!!
I personally know the family and they are truly loving drug free people!!! 

Being Real
Thursday, March 19, 2009 Your welcome,

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10012681&nav=menu1607_2_1

Trolls..

They are a terrible thing.. We have been dealing with them since day 1 of the Natalee Holloway investigation..
Know it all types "To many to mention" ... Siding against the family.. Psychics "although some of them are well meaning"..
Those that write something just to piss everyone off..

A few friends of mine work for a police department here
We have discussed this before, they all insist that "Trolls" have been around forever.. Not just on the Internet
Calling in false leads and claiming to know things they have no clue about.. Wasting valuable time and money.. Even Police get into a position where they start questioning everything anyone says.. Sometimes discounting information when they should not and sometimes chasing a lead and ending up with nothing.. Very frustrating.

This mom of Amber has received 2 calls last week alone with people claiming they have Amber in there possession..
Can anyone imagine that phone call? What kind of heart stopping horror that is for this parent?
What kind of low life person does that ? What is wrong with some peoples minds ?

In the reality of what this family is going through " which is hell on Earth" and so many more like them, the false reports and dead ends are endless.
 I have followed many many missing persons cases and done some searches and I have been witness myself to these false leads taking time money and precious energy away from the family and those who are trying to help them..

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2009, 11:09:08 PM »

The toll it is taking is discussed in the news video at this link..
I feel terrible for anybody in this position..

http://www.10news.com/news/18934963/detail.html
[/quote/

Thanks Edward for the link.  Interesting and very sad with her Father obvious pain. 

Chi-mama
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2009, 09:51:27 AM »

I have seen the father on news shows and he talks about what a close family they all are..
Let's hope that this child is found safe soon..
I can't even imagine going through this hell...sad...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »

Applebee's to hold benefit night for missing teen

Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:43 PM PDT

NORTH COUNTY ---- Local Applebee's restaurants will hold a benefit night for Amber Dubois on Tuesday, family of the missing Escondido teen said.

Fifteen percent of the proceeds from all participants will go to the Amber Leeanne Dubois Trust, which supports efforts to bring the 14-year-old home, the teen's family said.

To participate, download a flier from www.bringamberhome.com and present it at one of 13 Applebee's restaurants. The locations include: Escondido, Oceanside, San Marcos, Temecula, Murrieta, Mira Mesa, Mission Valley, Clairemont Mesa, Rancho San Diego, El Cajon, National City, La Habra and Corona.

The benefit runs from 5 to 9 p.m.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/23/news/inland/escondido/z1a83ff1a8b4a077a882575820012fb58

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2009, 02:19:03 PM »

Well, the weekend search did not produce any new information, and general interest is waining.  Family is working hard to keep Amber's story in the news.  Next Sunday they are planning another search.   

I am worried that is is probably too late for good news.

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/03/23/news/inland/escondido/z979dc148916552978825758200670db2.txt
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »

Well, the weekend search did not produce any new information, and general interest is waining.  Family is working hard to keep Amber's story in the news.  Next Sunday they are planning another search.   

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/03/23/news/inland/escondido/z979dc148916552978825758200670db2.txt

Thanks for the update.  So sad...and not many seem to care...   Any new information posted in regard to the computer search?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »

Thanks for the update.  So sad...and not many seem to care...   Any new information posted in regard to the computer search?
Sorry Chi-mama...maybe if I would have READ THE ARTICLE!!! I would see that hopefully next week they will have more information from the computer.  It seems to be taking an awfully long time. 

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2009, 03:47:18 PM »

Lovinlife    .. no problem.  We are all anxious for the information in the computer search.  That seems to be the best lead so far.   
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »

Lovinlife    .. no problem.  We are all anxious for the information in the computer search.  That seems to be the best lead so far.   
I agree.  I hope there will be some sort of lead to go on.  Too bad there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency there.

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2009, 01:37:52 AM »

I agree.  I hope there will be some sort of lead to go on.  Too bad there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency there.

Darn!  The Police say there was really not anything on the computer to indicate what might have happened to Amber.  This is the newspaper article:

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/mar/25/bn25dubois-no-leads/?zIndex=72624

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »

Another reader comment...

love
Tuesday, March 17, 2009Amber's Mom didn't want to believe it could be internet related I think her brain is fried from drugs 
look at her she a tweeker that poor girl probably had to deal with people coming in and out of her house thats why she was a quiet and keeped to her self no love at home to her so she went to run away with some -one on line so give her love thats what i feel , You can see that her dad loves her to death he's the only one thats talking you hardly see her mom on news . thank god her dad can show her love more than her mom and thats sad

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10012681

The second time somebody has made a comment on Meth... Interesting.. Not colclusive and I am not accusing.

Just commenting on what little I know. But...it does seem the Dad is on TV more often and his grief comes across (at least to me). I have heard that the area where Amber resided has been described as crack city.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2009, 02:46:56 AM »

In the North County of San Diego there is a lot of open space. I thought (before I moved here) that the San Diego area was a dense big city. It is not.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2009, 03:00:16 AM »

Who thinks about getting a tatoo when your daughter is missing? Good grief. My point? I do not know, am just shaking my head. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »

Casey Anthony did  (even though Caylee was never missing...just murdered by her sloremomma)

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »

Who thinks about getting a tatoo when your daughter is missing? Good grief. My point? I do not know, am just shaking my head. 

I agree....Ron Cummings, Haleigh's father also got a tattoo....would never occur to me to do that, but to each their own I guess...
and the mom here who had the date tattooed on her, like she could ever forget that date...dunno

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.