March 18, 2024, 08:11:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708877 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2009, 02:48:46 AM »

Jesmond Dene Park.  I find it interesting that there is a powerplant in that area.  Do they not work shiftwork?:
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #621 on: May 24, 2009, 02:54:57 AM »

So much to read.  Thank you all.  I will do my best to answer, in no particular order, your many queres. The paragraphs are choppy in that each is directed at one or more questions you have posed.

Lovinlife:  I will cause the binders to go to 150 if that is what it takes.  When LE pointed out the 9 binders to me in the Lt.'s office, I told them that represented a SMALL case to me.  Most of my work in the past has been environmental law.  It is typical to have millions of documents and a  website dedicated to the pending case so as to control the paperwork.  So, 9 or 12, it is merely a number.  If it happens to be garbage in, it is garbage out.  Since we do not KNOW what is there, we are requesting an audit/review by an outside agency.  After all, EPD has never had a case like this before.  I would not want to have a brain surgeon that had never operated before to work on me and I am surely am not happy  to have novices in charge of finding Amber. It has nothing to do with "good intentions"...it is experience that is needed. Specific experience with kidnapping by a non-family member. LE always loses time with the assumption it is a family member.  No Amber Alert because no one saw anything.  No immediate dogs because maybe "she ran away" and it takes time to get them. Excuses.

Doubledeck: eventually, trailing and cadaver dogs were used.  Way..way...too late for most purposes.  We are prepared to bring in specially trained long term cadaver dogs in the future--with or without help of LE.

Her Verizon phone is model LG VX 10,000.  It was part of several purchased and maintained by my law office.  Amber did not use the voice elements very often. She texted.  In the month before she was taken: 294 texts, 417 in text, 31 pix.  The in calling was only 88 min for the month. 

Wolves: See article in current BringAmberHome.com which explains her history with wolves.
No, she has not been to Wolf Mt. Sanctuary.  The small pendant seen on photos of Amber dressed for her school holiday dance was not the general one she wore on a day to day basis.  The one she wore, and had on when she was taken, is one I had made for her and is very unique, sterling silver, wolf head in 3 dimension.  LE has the details on the pendant and also of another piece of jewelry she was wearing which I bought her in Ireland and which I have been requested not to detail by LE. 

Amber liked to write stories.  She wrote about a girl who was lost and raised by wolves. She had previously read about girls/dolphins in similar situations.  I do not know what is meant by the cite to Lance Foxx that states she may have been a "furry writer" so perhaps someone can let me know.  I will say that her stories could be read in Sunday school.

Blink: the weekend of Feb. 7-8-9 Amber took the train to Fullerton and was met by Maurice DuBois, her birth father.  She had the 9th off school so she was put on the train Monday evening.  She must ride near the conductor, but, on Fri/Sun trips there are others kids she knows and they talk during the trips.  Monday: she was alone.  Although she did not say she was nervous, in the 5 hours between getting on the train and going to bed, she exchanged over 70 text messages with me...a lot even for the 2 of us.  It was usual talk about a book she was reading on line, telling me she really wanted to see a movie with her cousin Kelly and that is why I did not get to see her on Monday (yes, I was hurt and she knew it but who could have thought it could be ...what it has become).

I told LE that I was concerned because "new" people would have seen her on the commuter train and someone could easily have followed her home that night.  LE elected to ignore that so far as I can ascertain.  The train has no cameras.

She went to school TWTh. Thurs night she made a valentine's package for her 5 year old sister because Carrie was bringing the sister up to visit with me from Thurs nite thru Mon night.  Sister was excited with the gifts from Amber. That night I sent Amber a text telling her what a great big sister she was.  Amber replied by text to me Fri morning at 6:23 a.m.  It woke me up.  Now, I wish I had gotten up and called her, but the message didn't seek a reply  so I stayed in bed a bit longer until sister woke up.

That morning the school left a message on the answering machine at home that Amber had missed first period.  Amber had a perfect attendance record.  I remain in shock that the school thinks a phone call to a message is sufficient notice. 

When Amber did not call in after school, Carrie left work and came home.  She called me in utter hysterics that Amber was missing and to have me contact Verizon.  The operator tried to get though on Amber's line (in case Amber did not want a call from family) and replied that Amber had answered her phone and hung up.  That was incorrect as Verizon later confirmed to me.  Amber had a LONG message to make you think she was on line with you when it was only a recording.

CAVEAT:  Amber's first phone of this type was stolen at school in October and recovered by LE after she was taken from us. The one in use is still missing.  I think it was thrown away by whoever took her because of tracking possiblities.  The phone is still on service, so, if charged, would function.  Her charger was left at home because Amber expected to be home that afternoon.

All the numbers she called or received from were checked out by family and LE.  I check the account regularly.  No action.

Cannot answer re: connects with other cases.  We send other data to LE in case they have not seen it on their own.  So, your help in connects is vital to us.

We arranged for drone overflight photos which were given to LE.  LE "says" they showed nothing.  I have repeatedly asked for a set for our own experts to review for abnormalities in the land, to date, have not received them. 

Foot searches every week since she was taken. Detailed maps on areas searched. 

Satellite: photos are related to sun movement so not relevant to our time period.

Aerial:  We have "Eye on Amber" project  work being done by Carrie's sisters and me  in which we are searching private enterprise for any plane over Escondido that morning who did photography.  Needle in haystack...but we continue search and inquiry. All help gratefully received.

My belief is that any such photo will evidence that Amber was taken BEFORE she crossed over Broadway towards school.  I believe the responsible persons probably took her on Paradise and then turned right on Broadway towards Jesmond Dere Park.

EPD Lt. states his belief in the 2 eye witnesses driving their kid to school that claim they saw Amber near the school driveway is 90%.  Rain, construction trucks, no place to park to drop off your child, congested streets and inaccuracy by eye witnesses in general leave questions in my mind.  The fact that these two parents kids are shown entering the school at the time frames only prove those kids were there, not that Amber was..as I explained the LE when they did a diagram of the movements.   

BUT, I continue to work on the "red truck" issues because nothing can be ignored. Tomorrow will discuss the truck in detail.

Yes, EPD remains lead.  FBI interviewed family members in LA County in their homes.  They went through all of Amber's drawers in my house, by example. They found a birthday card with money in it from her Great Grandfather.  The agent's commented to one another that ..she did not run away because she would take all the money if she had.  They asked why the money was still in the drawer.  I said Amber knew she could not take it out until she had written her thank you note, and, she had not , so it was still there.

There is nothing more I can tell you that FBI contributions except that one agent interviewed me along with an EPD Detective when I went to EPD. It was several hours.  After the first hour, they placed a paper in front of me that was a portion of a text message I had sent to Carrie. (Yes, I gave them permission to get the phone records.)  With what can only be described as glee in their eyes, they asked me to explain why, AFTER Amber was missing, I sent Carrie a text that said "...Amber home...." . I told the FBI agent to go to his tech person and get the whole message.  After a bit, they put it together.  The message related to my daughter, Carrie, was that  when Amber's sister had awakened, the first words she said were
" Grandmom, is Amber home?"  This experience relates in  the formation of my opinion as to the efficacy of the investigation.

Amber did not like to shop and was not into clothes or "matching underwear" type of things.  I bought a lot of her clothes.  We sat at the computer and shopped  Macy's on line most of the time.  So, I was able to provide exact copies of her clothing to LE. She was very modest about her person.  I asked her if she had a crush on anyone during our marathon train trip texting and she said no but one day she would find someone and I would call him her husband. That speaks  about her values and Christian belief.

So, this is long and I am quite tired.  Thank you for the comments about the funeral.  The lady adored Amber. Her own child had died at death. She had a long, full life and I never heard her complain or say a bad word about anyone.  RIP Delysia.

I will write about the truck tomorrow. Final comments:

Thank you for the suggestion re: Federal Marshalls.  I will make those contacts.

Thank you to everyone writing to media on Amber's behalf.  You might want to edit the letters in the following regards:

Nancy Grace put 2 short segments on her show early on the search.  She should be asked what happened and why there has not been any follow up.  [I have the tapes but don't know how to provide them to you to review off my TIVO.] 

AMW also did a brief segment on Amber early on. 

To write a letter that you are a regular fan and fail to know about  the previously shown segment(s) is a bit of clue that you are not! But, maybe they just count letters not content.

God bless you all.  Quoting Agatha: Keep your little grey cells working for our Amber.

AmbersGrandmom

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: May 24, 2009, 02:59:10 AM »

Girl, you are fast!!  Well that's VERY interesting, seems for sure your observation about the possible night work along with the perp wanting and NEEDING to go places they're familiar with...... hmmmm well, somebody who knows more about the ping will have to let you know.   I'm impressed with the mapping   salut

THat's all I got tonight, so goodnight from me.  Talk to you later, thanks for all your work.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: May 24, 2009, 03:14:58 AM »

Girl, you are fast!!  Well that's VERY interesting, seems for sure your observation about the possible night work along with the perp wanting and NEEDING to go places they're familiar with...... hmmmm well, somebody who knows more about the ping will have to let you know.   I'm impressed with the mapping   salut

THat's all I got tonight, so goodnight from me.  Talk to you later, thanks for all your work.
  NORTHERNROSE  the post above was for you, I didn't realize that AMBERS GRANDMOM posted in between.

AG   Thanks for all the background and information.  Try to get some rest.    Hugs for you from a monkey friend
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: May 24, 2009, 03:20:30 AM »

AG thank you so much for the answers to the many questions we have.  I can try to explain the "furry" reference by Lance Foxx.  Furry is a fascination with anthropomorphic animals which human capabilities.  We have a nephew who is a active Furry.  He draws and writes about the characters that he has developed which are his alter ego so to speak when he is with other Furries. He has developed character sheets why explain his character in detail from colour to special markings etc. There are actual gatherings/conventions of Furries and depending on the level of involvement, some even come in their Furry persona costumes.  I believe the fact that Amber had written the one story you refer to on the website, the pendant and the fact that there is an account on one of the Furry prose registered to wolfintheend , it may be an assumption by some that Amber may be a furry - have a wolf persona that she has created as part of her story writing.  I do not fully understand the Furry thing, but apparently there are quite a few that have this interest .  There are several websites that are dedicated to Furries so they can share their stories and art.  Being of the old school, the best way I can describe it is some children when young pretend to be horses, dog, cats, etc.  in their play.  Furries  rather than outgrowing this part of their imaginations, embraced and expanded it and it is actually another side of them. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: May 24, 2009, 03:28:54 AM »

Night mizjay.  You deserve a very restful sleep after all your effort today.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: May 24, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »

Ambers Grandmom-

I am jammed for time today, but wanted you to know I checked back here to see your thorough and extensive reply.

Please email our SM admin @: Klaasend@scaredmonkeys.com

She will put us in touch and I have some contacts for you re: the Satellite/Aerial Data.

Edward, Northern, MizJay and everyone working so hard on here, fantastic data.

Will post more when I get a chance.

B
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: May 24, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »

For anyone that might know:

Did EPD set up any roadblocks at the same time of the morning Amber went missing in the area? Any traffic cams, any convenience store cams, go through all traffic tickets for that morning, etc, next day, etc.

What vehicle detailing/Full service car wash data is available, has all this been checked, their regular dumpster routes, etc.

EPD should be able to account for every available possible piece of footage, have they?

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #628 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:36 PM »

---snip---

Thank you to everyone writing to media on Amber's behalf.  You might want to edit the letters in the following regards:

Nancy Grace put 2 short segments on her show early on the search.  She should be asked what happened and why there has not been any follow up.  [I have the tapes but don't know how to provide them to you to review off my TIVO.] 

AMW also did a brief segment on Amber early on. 

To write a letter that you are a regular fan and fail to know about  the previously shown segment(s) is a bit of clue that you are not! But, maybe they just count letters not content.

God bless you all.  Quoting Agatha: Keep your little grey cells working for our Amber.

AmbersGrandmom

No offense, but I believe that the sample email that was put together was alright, I will tweek it a bit more for the next time I run around requesting that people send in their requests.  The sample email does not state that they have never aired her story, just requests that they do.

Sample email:

Hello -

I am a faithful, longtime viewer.  I would like to call to your attention the case of Amber Dubois  - this beautiful 14 year old girl who went missing in Escondido, CA .

I want to hear more about this case.  I want to see her featured as a missing person.  This child’s disappearance could happen to any family and it is scary!  Please research and air her story.

Regards,

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #629 on: May 24, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »

Just want to note that I was not posting that to be arguementative, just posting that so that those who wrote or used that email will know that it was alright.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: May 24, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »

Ambers Grandmom :

I have some information for you that I don't feel should be put out on a public board.  Is there a way for me to get it to you? 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: May 24, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »

I don't understnad why LE first thought Amber ran away, nothing about her would make you first think that, other then age. I wonder how many teenaged girls are simply listed as runaway when in fact they were taken? Shameful. 

What is the backround regarding the thin kid amber was seen talking to? Did that happen? I still can't seem to find that posting. Where did that take place on the walk? this person could have been a lure to get her for someone else. 

The parking lot where the truck was seen, is this a known spot for kids to go to do drugs before schoool? I remember in my high school there was a place in the back of the school some kids would go. His is been check if as truck such as that one could be associated with anyone at school, either kids, parents etc... If this person was not involved then maybe they saw something but are afraid to come forward?
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: May 24, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »

Just want to note that I was not posting that to be arguementative, just posting that so that those who wrote or used that email will know that it was alright.

an angelic monkey
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: May 24, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »

I don't understnad why LE first thought Amber ran away, nothing about her would make you first think that, other then age. I wonder how many teenaged girls are simply listed as runaway when in fact they were taken? Shameful. 

What is the backround regarding the thin kid amber was seen talking to? Did that happen? I still can't seem to find that posting. Where did that take place on the walk? this person could have been a lure to get her for someone else. 

The parking lot where the truck was seen, is this a known spot for kids to go to do drugs before schoool? I remember in my high school there was a place in the back of the school some kids would go. His is been check if as truck such as that one could be associated with anyone at school, either kids, parents etc... If this person was not involved then maybe they saw something but are afraid to come forward?

All good questions TRACYGIRL,  I don't know any answers, but like you, have thoughts and ideas about those "sightings" but I'm not even sure if these are accurate or directly linked with her disappearance.  So far, seems like very few confirmed facts.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: May 24, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »

This story is just so sad.  Sorry that I have not read EVERY page of this thread about Amber, just enough to try to get somewhat up to date.  Have a couple of questions/suggestions.

1.  Has a Registered Sex Offender map been produced and looked at?

2.  Has the family/LE/FBI asked the cell phone company for a ping map with the directions of the pings?  From what I have been told...the cell phone pings even when there are no calls.  So unless the perps grabbed the phone and turned it off immediately, we should be able to at least see what direction they were going in.

3.  Hiring a ping expert to map those directions shouldn't be that difficult (we saw what LE produced in the Caylee case).

4.  Has anyone filmed a drive-through so we can see the conditions and blind spots on her path that day?

MizJay..it's absolutely awesome that you all are close enough that you all can help w/the search.  God Bless You and may all of His Angels surround all and protect all of you on all future searches.  Yes, please watch out for the snakes.  Have watched that emergency room show that shows about those snake bites in that area.

NorthernRose....you are wonderful w/those maps, research, etc.

Praying for her safe return every day.  Thanks Dolce for all of your hard work.  Have sent a letter every day to the shows.

Praying Amber is returned soon.

PS. Ambers GrandMom....am so sorry for yours' and all of Amber's families' pain and what has happened to Amber.  You all are doing all that you can for her.  Hopefully your prayers will be answered soon)
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #635 on: May 24, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »

The frustrating thing, with your comments (EDWARD) about a possible park connection is that there are several big parks. Kit Carsen Park is not far, the one where the woman was found, Lake Wolford and up in that valley center area its all very remote but with a lot of accessible roads that wander back in the terrain.  There are also a couple of casinos up that way which is another place ppl. may work a night shift and be familiar with the out of the way spots however it still leaves open the question, why Amber?  Why at her school?

1.  Thank you to you and your daughter for helping to search - all of the generous volunteer efforts to bring Amber home mean so much to my family and me.

2.  You're on point about there being so many parks and rural, rugged terrain in the area.  Too many places to hide bad things.

3.  It seems too deliberate to abudct someone in front of some many potential witnesses in front of a busy school - bringing me to think Amber was targeted or knew the abductor - JMO

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #636 on: May 24, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »

NORTHERNROSE   That's incredible work.   I'm clueless about what they meant or any of that but when you get a chance could you try 92026? Just for the fact that it is where that other woman was found at jesmond dene park

Wow, great work NR - Mizjay has a good idea - I don't know what specifically LE meant by "north" - I'm going to hazard a guess that it's in the area East of Int 15, West of Valley Center Rd, South of Old Castle and North of E. El Norte Rd. 

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #637 on: May 24, 2009, 04:13:58 PM »

OMG - NR is fast - disregard my previous post!   

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: May 24, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »

AMPERSAND   Hi.   This will probably sound ridiculous but at this point?????/    IF a classmate knew that she would have cash ( or was it check?) that day to purchase the lamb, could there be any thought of a robbery by the student and an older sibling or friend that could drive.   Do you have eyes and ears by way of Ambers friends?
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #639 on: May 24, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »

Ambers Grandmom-

I am jammed for time today, but wanted you to know I checked back here to see your thorough and extensive reply.

Please email our SM admin @: Klaasend@scaredmonkeys.com

She will put us in touch and I have some contacts for you re: the Satellite/Aerial Data.

Edward, Northern, MizJay and everyone working so hard on here, fantastic data.

Will post more when I get a chance.

B

I emailed this post directly to my Mom (Amber's Grandmom) so she can write to SM admin.  Also - any information sent to missingamber at the yahoo account is forwarded by me to Mom and family.  Just FYI, thanks. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.