March 18, 2024, 08:04:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708874 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2009, 02:30:20 AM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Eat-at-Applebees-Raise--To-FInd-Amber.html

Bikers Roll Out, Raise $$$ To Find Amber

By  SUSAN TAYLOR and H. HUGHES

Updated 2:53 PM PDT, Sun, Mar 29, 2009

Related Topics: Escondido

0 Comments    Post a Comment Print Email Share ShareDel.icio.us
Buzz up!
MySpace
Digg
 Fark
Facebook

Hayne Palmour IV/North County Times
Bikers from San Juan Capistrano take part in the "poker run" Saturday to raise money for the Amber Leeanne Dubois Trust Fund.

The parents of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois organized two events this past week, hoping to keep the spotlight on the search for their daughter.  Amber's been missing now for five weeks. Her parents, though frustrated,  say they're not giving up hope, even though the number of volunteers has dwindled and police have no new leads.

"The more attention the better," Amber's father Maurice Dubois said. "There's got to be someone out there who knows something."

On Wednesday night,  Applebee's restaurants in San Diego, Riverside and Orange counties donated 15 percent of their revenue to help in the search.

Saturday there was a "poker run" motorcycle ride from San Juan Capistrano to Escondido that ended at the search center that's been set up for Amber.

Event organizers said about 150 riders showed up at the center. After the run there was a giant raffle, live entertainment and food provided by Buckboard BBQ.

Maurice Dubois told our media partner The North County Times that the riders with the best poker hands won thousands, but declined the prize money, instead donating it back to the search fund.

"It shows you the kind of heart these people have," he said.

Maurice Dubois said they raised over $5,000 Saturday. He also told NBC 7/39 that they are narrowing their search to weekends only.

Amber was last seen walking to school on February 13, 2009. Considered a model student, her parents believe she was abducted by strangers.

Note by me: The newscast said they were going to search outside of Escondido.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2009, 02:36:54 AM »

http://nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/28/news/inland/escondido/z5aab182fb63684ec88257587007ec20e.txt

ESCONDIDO: Bikers raise money to help search for missing Escondido teen
By SARAH GORDON - Staff Writer | Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:07 PM PDT ∞

ESCONDIDO ---- Patches on their leather and denim jackets proclaimed alliances with mean-sounding motorcycle clubs like the "Gunfighters" and the "Sinners and Saints," but the hundreds of bikers who rumbled into central Escondido Saturday shared a benign purpose.

Event organizers said about 150 riders cruised from San Juan Capistrano to Escondido for the "poker run" fundraiser to help the search for missing Escondido teen Amber Dubois.

About 100 more bikers showed up at the Amber Search Center, on the corner of Mission Avenue and Quince Street, to listen to live music, check out each others' motorcycles and get in on raffles supporting the search.

Maurice Dubois, father of the Escondido High School student last seen walking near the school Feb. 13, said he didn't know much about bikers or motorcycles. But he hoped the event, organized by the San Diego Confederation of Clubs, would help keep the story of his missing daughter alive. With police turning up no leads on her disappearance, he said, it has become harder as time passes to enlist volunteers and spread the word that people should call with any information about Amber's disappearance.

"The more attention the better," Dubois said. "There's got to be someone out there who knows something."

Amber's family members say she would never run away, and they believe she was abducted. Police have said there is no strong evidence to support either theory.

In their matching club jackets, long beards and tattoos, the groups on two-wheeled cruisers attracted plenty of attention Saturday. Taking advantage of the spectacle, people stood on Mission Avenue with large signs calling for more search volunteers.

Kyle Cearley, a member of the Peckerwoods Motorcycle Club in East County helped organize the Saturday ride. She said the plight of Amber and her family had resonated with him and others in his club.

"I've got kids and so do a lot of these guys," he explained.

Bonnie Collins, the treasurer of the North County-based women's motorcycle club Graveyard Gamblers, said she came out for the fun of the ride and, she hoped, for a good cause.

"They really need to find that girl," she said.

Entry fees for the event, in which riders made several stops to pick up playing cards to incorporate into a poker hand, was $30 for individuals and $35 for riders with a passenger. Maurice Dubois said he was unsure how much money was raised.

But he said that the riders with the best poker hands had declined over $1,000 of $1,200 offered in prize money, instead donating it back to the search fund.

"It shows you the kind of heart these people have," he said.

Dubois said he had a meeting with Escondido police this week, in part to discuss how to best spend the money raised to search for Amber. Rebecca Smith, Maurice Dubois' longtime girlfriend, said that before Saturday's event, the Amber Leanne Dubois Trust Fund had about $12,000 in donations.

Amber's family is again asking for search volunteers to meet at 8 a.m. Sunday at the search center on Quince Street.

Anyone with information about Amber's whereabouts should call Escondido police at (760) 839-4722. More information about Amber is available at the family-run Web site www.bringamberhome.com.

Contact staff writer Sarah Gordon at (760) 740-3517 or sgordon@nctimes.com

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:26 AM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Eat-at-Applebees-Raise--To-FInd-Amber.html

.......[snipped for space] ......

Shell ... Thank you for the articles.  I was really hoping for something new to come of the Sunday search.   The family seems to be keeping the public interest up and encouraging LE.    I just hope LE actually has some leads and information that will provide a good ending to this story.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2009, 03:07:29 AM »

Another reader comment...

love
Tuesday, March 17, 2009Amber's Mom didn't want to believe it could be internet related I think her brain is fried from drugs 
look at her she a tweeker that poor girl probably had to deal with people coming in and out of her house thats why she was a quiet and keeped to her self no love at home to her so she went to run away with some -one on line so give her love thats what i feel , You can see that her dad loves her to death he's the only one thats talking you hardly see her mom on news . thank god her dad can show her love more than her mom and thats sad

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=10012681

The second time somebody has made a comment on Meth... Interesting.. Not colclusive and I am not accusing.

Just commenting on what little I know. But...it does seem the Dad is on TV more often and his grief comes across (at least to me). I have heard that the area where Amber resided has been described as crack city.

The more I think about it, I am sorry I made the crack city comment. Probably no more drug problem in that area than anywhere else. I really do not know considering I do not even live there. My heart breaks for both of the parents. A 14 year old is a child, their child. I feel strongly this is a stranger or acquaintence abduction. Given the location of the phone when it tried to check messages the day after Amber went missing makes me think it is a person who lives in or near Ambers neighborhood and knows the schedule and habits of the area.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2009, 03:17:42 AM »

.......[snipped for space] ......

Shell ... Thank you for the articles.  I was really hoping for something new to come of the Sunday search.   The family seems to be keeping the public interest up and encouraging LE.    I just hope LE actually has some leads and information that will provide a good ending to this story.

The story is mentioned often in the local news. I don't know about national coverage. Amber's photo seems to be everywhere I go. I too hope LE has more leads than what has been shared in the news. She seems like such a sweet innocent young lady, her parents were divorced but she seemed to have a good relationship with them both and I think I heard or read she spent weekends with her Dad.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2009, 09:54:24 AM »

Shell~This case is not mentioned on the national news.  Please keep the info coming if you can for us "east coast" monkeys!  It's difficult to stay on top of without your news links.  Thank you to all who have kept up with the case & kept us all informed.  God bless Amber and bring her home safely.  Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2009, 12:22:59 AM »

What upsets me:

This child is 14, for cripes sake. Amber, and all missing children should be given equal coverage.

There is the Stephanie Crow case (in the same area) that was botched up. I am going on the faith that the LE have learned from the past and know more and have taken this case very seriously...meaning not a runaway, but an abduction.

If she ended up being abducted by someone she met online I would not be surprised. Sometimes little lambs like to come off as a wolf online. Be somebody they are not. Talk about things they would never do. That in no way means Amber is not a sweet nice girl. Naive probably. I continue to pray and she is safe and she is found.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »

I agree shell, no longer a child but not yet a woman.  I remember being 14 and for me it was a very confusing time.  Trying to figure out life and very impressionable.  I do not believe she ran away.  JMO, lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »

On Monday, many Escondido parents were warned to talk to their children about being safe as they head to and from school. This is in light of an attempted abduction that took place near Mission Middle School, as two male students were walking toward school.
A voice recording made by Mission Middle School Principal Leticia Arroyo was sent by phone to the parents of all the students. In the beginning of the recording, Arroyo stated that, "At approximately 8 am, an attempt to abduct two male Mission students was attempted on the corner of Mission Avenue and Cedar St.  Both the students and the parents are receiving the necessary support from the Escondido Police Department and Mission Middle School."

This and a similar recording were sent to parents at Escondido Union School District and Escondido Union High School District. Parents were warned to be cautious when it comes to their children's paths to school and to notify police if they see anything suspicious. School officials said the suspects were a black and white male driving a four-door black sedan that could possibly be a Chrysler. There is a Chargers lightning bolt sticker on the rear window of the car.
The voice recording stated that the suspects attempted to physically put two eighth grade boys in their vehicle as they were approaching school. Parents say the news is frightening.

Josephine Palaciso received the phone warning and said, "I'm scared. I want to make sure my kids get to school. I want to make sure someone's with them at all times, and I tell them, 'always watch your surroundings.'"

Parents said that, in the robo-call recording, the superintendent mentioned the case of Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old who went missing in February. Dubois' parents said the attempted abduction makes them frustrated.

Amber's father Maurice Dubois said, "Absolutely, you feel it's connected.  Anytime a child is abducted and yours is still missing, you feel there is some form of a connection. Personally, how I felt?  I felt real frustrated." Sad

Carrie McGonigle, Amber's mother, said the attempted abduction proves that children are being targeted in Escondido. McGonigle said, "I know she didn't run away, so obviously someone took her. They (the police) need to find who has Amber and find who did this.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »

Also.. NOTHING was found on the computer records... There was no conversations going on between Amber and anyone online according to police.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

Also.. NOTHING was found on the computer records... There was no conversations going on between Amber and anyone other then her friends online according to police.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »

Getting the description of the white and Black Males is significant... 

Now we have 2 attempted abductions..One with the girl and the van, she ran into a school to get away.
Then Amber
Now these 2 boys... Very unusual.. 2 boys in a attempted kidnap..8Th graders..
Just like Amber 

Wonder who was driving the van... and WHAT are they up too ?

This is all very strange.
jmho
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »

Police are offering a $1,000 reward to find two men who kidnapped a 14-year-old girl and sexually assaulted her.

The girl told San Diego police it happened last month as she was walking home from school through Chicano Park.

Detectives said the girl was forced into a van, blindfolded, then sexually assaulted at another location. She was released after the attack.

Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at (888)580-8477.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10082246

San Diego is not far away.. 2 males and a van
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

Look at the time period...
Look at the Van ...
Look at the 2 guys involved..
Look at the age of the girl attacked 14 !
San Diego is not far away at all.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »

Update:
ESCONDIDO -   Escondido police said Tuesday afternoon they have confirmed the report of a kidnapping attempt on two boys was a hoax
The report set off an alert with police and Escondido's Mission Middle School Monday after two children reported someone tried to force them into a car Monday morning.
Police say the boys made up the story, hoping to avoid school disciplinary action for a different incident.

http://www.bringamberhome.com/

Unbelievable.. With all that is going on in Escondido with Amber..
The immaturity of these boys is beyond reason..
How freakin stupid can they be ?

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »

Edward, I see you posted about the hoax re: the 2 boys. I hope they get in big trouble.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »

Police Seek Man Accused Of Assaulting Students

POSTED: 1:45 pm PDT March 31, 2009
UPDATED: 2:23 pm PDT March 31, 2009

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego police are looking for a man accused of assaulting three female students as they walked to school on Monday morning.

According to police, three girls were walking to Correia Middle School at approximately 8:10 a.m. Monday when a man allegedly attempted to grab them and put him in his van. The incident took place near the corner of Valeta Street and Famosa Boulevard.

The girls were able to escape from the man, and the San Diego Unified School Police and SDPD were contacted. The girls' parents were also contacted.

Two of the girls were treated for slight injuries to their wrists, police said.

The alleged attacker was described as a black male in his early 30s and over 6 feet tall. He was thin, bald and wearing a black shirt.

The van was described as an older, burgundy-colored Ford with solid side panels.

Police are asking the public to notify them if they see anyone who fits the alleged attacker's description or if anyone locates the van.

http://www.10news.com/news/19057410/detail.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2009, 06:57:36 PM »

There is a van again.. and a black male mentioned..
Amber seen with a black male student ? Are they sure ?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »

Also.. NOTHING was found on the computer records... There was no conversations going on between Amber and anyone online according to police.

They said nothing...but I wonder if they did find something and have not divuldged that information to the media.
*Salon gossip alert*-her friends say she had a 25 year old boyfriend. *gossip*

Also, I asked if people are still discussing it and the answer was...not really. Those 2 boys did a bad thing by telling a story of attempted abduction and should be punished, but I think it stirred up discussion of Amber.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »

There is a van again.. and a black male mentioned..
Amber seen with a black male student ? Are they sure ?

I recall reading a dark skinned male. I would have to re read all articles to find how he was described. If it was a fellow student, I have not heard. If it was a stranger, where are the sketches? I do recall she was 300 yards from the school when last seen (by a friend)?
Areas around highschools are usually so busy, I can't imagine her being snatched off the street.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.