March 19, 2024, 03:13:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 708953 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: December 28, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »

Different one

Pet Dog Digs Up Human Skull
KTLA News

LANDERS, Calif. -- Authorities are searching for human remains after a dog unearthed a skull and brought it back to its owners backyard.

The dog's owners called Riverside County Sheriff's authorities Wednesday after their pet carried the human skull to their back yard, adding it to a pile of animal bones.

According to sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Beavers, the dog's discovery prompted a 10 acre search of desert nearby on Thursday.

Coroner's officials say the skull may have been buried in the desert for up to 2 years.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-dog-finds-skull,0,6838920.story

I can make 2 different routes from Escondido to this location.
I tried to draw it and print it but this computer wont allow me to do it.

Here is one route , 138 miles, travel time 2.5 hours.  What is your other route?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1641 on: December 28, 2009, 04:03:36 PM »

Sorry Edward, I answered my own question.  122 miles, travel time 2 hours 48 mins.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1642 on: December 28, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »

Great work Northern Rose.

Both directions are well withing range.

Nobody would be able to tell the age of a bone by looking at it..

He said 2 years..Could be 1 year in that enviorment.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1643 on: December 28, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »

I can get to that location by going through San Bernadino and heading up the same road where the womans body was found a year ago.

Looking for a pattern of behavior.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1644 on: December 28, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »

It is strange that 3 skulls have been found in such a sort time.  Wondering if a archaeological dog was taken out to that area how many other remains would be found.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1645 on: December 28, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »

I wonder if that a picture of THE Skull that was found or just a picture of any skull they could come up with on that news site you posted as alink ?
The skull looks um... Too intact.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1646 on: December 28, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

I wonder if that a picture of THE Skull that was found or just a picture of any skull they could come up with on that news site you posted as alink ?
The skull looks um... Too intact.

I believe it is just "a skull" not  "the skull".
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1647 on: December 28, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »

LE should be aware of this..
Dental records, for a quick possible or not.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1648 on: December 28, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »

Sebastian
Quote:
What started off with myself thinking that I was doing something good for someone else, ended up with myself being the truly blessed one.
end

God Bless You for being by Carrie"s side during this extreme difficult time.
I feel so bad for anyone who has a missing loved one but especially for those that have a missing child.
Your written words make my heart hurt for rhis family of great people.

Hi Edward,
Carrie makes it easy to be by her side. I know that she talks to you as well and I am so glad that she has your support too. I wonder how long it will take to get the results back from the two skulls? Carrie was up in Big Bear recently putting up more signs for Amber. They are getting a lot of traffic from all over due to the skiing, maybe someone will call in a lead. Something needs to break!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1649 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:36 AM »

In that video it shows cloth going into a bag..
So they do not have Only a Skull to go by.

They find bodies up there all the time according to the detective on the interview.
It will take quite awhile to identify if at all.

I missed that when I first watched it.  Here are two screen captures.  In the second one it almost looks like whatever they are putting in the bag has a strap.

Its dark clothing of somesort. I suppose given it was in a fire, it could be burnt? I would think fabric would turn to ash but if it is covered with dirt I suppose you never know. Anyway, to me it looks like a small shirt or jacket or something.

I know this area, I think there is a shooting range around there somewhere. Or I think that is where I went once. Remember I am from So Cal.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1650 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:46 AM »

Sebastian
Quote:
What started off with myself thinking that I was doing something good for someone else, ended up with myself being the truly blessed one.
end

I feel so bad for anyone who has a missing loved one but especially for those that have a missing child.

Hi Edward,
Carrie makes it easy to be by her side. I know that she talks to you as well and I am so glad that she has your support too. I wonder how long it will take to get the results back from the two skulls? Carrie was up in Big Bear recently putting up more signs for Amber. They are getting a lot of traffic from all over due to the skiing, maybe someone will call in a lead. Something needs to break!

There are 3 skulls in two different areas now.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1651 on: December 29, 2009, 01:04:25 AM »

They find bodies up there all the time according to the detective on the interview.

I missed that when I first watched it.  Here are two screen captures.  In the second one it almost looks like whatever they are putting in the bag has a strap.

Its dark clothing of somesort. I suppose given it was in a fire, it could be burnt? I would think fabric would turn to ash but if it is covered with dirt I suppose you never know. Anyway, to me it looks like a small shirt or jacket or something.

I know this area, I think there is a shooting range around there somewhere. Or I think that is where I went once. Remember I am from So Cal.

Could the strap be a belt then?  like a fabric belt you find on a womans blazer for example?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1652 on: December 29, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »

Where are the bodies? So far they have found skulls and no bodies, right?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1653 on: December 29, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »

Investigators try to solve mystery involving 2 skulls found in L.A. forest
December 28, 2009

Coroner's investigators and a forensic anthropologist today were trying to determine the identities behind two human skulls found last week in the Angeles National Forest.

One of the skulls, found by two hikers Thursday, had a bullet hole, according to authorities. The second human skull, found Saturday by detectives and forensic archaeologists, appeared to show signs of trauma.

Authorities said both skulls had apparently been in the forest before the Station fire, which began in late August.

"We’re trying to figure out who they are, what sex, what race," said Ed Winter of the L.A. County Coroner's Office. He said the office's in-house skeletal recovery team, a consultant for the office who is a forensic anthropologist, and other investigators were working to determine the identities of the two skulls.

"It appears that both of them are homicides, but we're not going to say right now," Winter said.

The human remains were found along Angeles Forest Highway near Lucas Creek.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/12/archaeologists-try-to-solve-murder-mystery-involving-human-skulls-found-in-angeles-national-forest.html
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1654 on: December 29, 2009, 01:08:18 AM »

Sebastian
Quote:
end

Hi Edward,

Hi Northern Rose,
Oh geez, I did not know that there were 3 skulls! Do you know how long it takes to at least identify the sex? Were all 3 found near each other? Is there a missing family from that area? Did we ever find out what started that fire in the first place in August? Was it arson? I am going to have to go on a google hunt. Thank you so much for the maps and the information!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: December 29, 2009, 01:08:19 AM »

Where are the bodies? So far they have found skulls and no bodies, right?

They have not said a lot of anything.  The video shows them sifting for bones and the clothe recovered but the articles are saying little.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1656 on: December 29, 2009, 01:11:31 AM »

Could the strap be a belt then?  like a fabric belt you find on a womans blazer for example?

Well lets see, how could this fabric survive a forest fire? Could it have been buried deep enough? And if it was deep enough would the fabric stay intact or would it fray and separate? To me it looks like a hole or the fabric was deteriorating. Can you do a close up shot of that fabric? 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1657 on: December 29, 2009, 01:13:26 AM »

Hi Northern Rose
Can you tell me from the map how far away from Big Bear the skulls were found? Also how far from San Bernardino? There is an old freak job that I read about that is still out and about that has not been caught doing anything for years that was once from that area.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1658 on: December 29, 2009, 01:13:55 AM »

Sebastian
Quote:
end

Hi Edward,

Hi Northern Rose,
Oh geez, I did not know that there were 3 skulls! Do you know how long it takes to at least identify the sex? Were all 3 found near each other? Is there a missing family from that area? Did we ever find out what started that fire in the first place in August? Was it arson? I am going to have to go on a google hunt. Thank you so much for the maps and the information!

No idea how long it would take to determine sex.  If other bones are found it would be easier to determine based on which bones they find and the condition of the bones.  One skull was found in Landers - a mans dog brought it to his back yard and officials are trying to get the dog to take them to where he got the skull.  The other two skulls were found in Angeles National Forest .  I don't know if the fire was arson. I would think a firestorm would be my first choice based on time of the year the fire went through there. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1659 on: December 29, 2009, 01:14:46 AM »

Hi Northern Rose
Can you tell me from the map how far away from Big Bear the skulls were found? Also how far from San Bernardino? There is an old freak job that I read about that is still out and about that has not been caught doing anything for years that was once from that area.

Sure.  Give me a few minutes and I will do a map for each location.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.