March 28, 2024, 07:35:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 709740 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2009, 11:13:41 AM »

Those who cannot be at the vigil may light a candle here:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Amber

Thanks, Sweetie, what time is this in ET so we can all join in together here?

I cannot get into the website.  Anyone else having trouble?

The vigil is at 7pm PT, so it would be 10pm ET.  I can get into both Amber's and the gratefulness candle website. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: May 13, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »

2NJSons -

This is just wonderful - thank you - thank you - thank you!

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »

Some searchers fanned out north of Escondido on Saturday to look for 14-year-old Amber Dubois. Thirty to 40 people a day are involved in searches, compared with up to 200 during the first weeks since Amber's disappearance.

ESCONDIDO — As public attention about missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois wanes, her family's angst grows and their faith in the police investigation diminishes.
Three months ago today, the 14-year-old disappeared. Two days ago, her mother, Carrie McGonigle, e-mailed Escondido Police Chief Jim Maher. She asked him to bring in an outside team of missing-children experts to review the 12 to 15 binders of information accumulated in the investigation thus far.
“I want the experts to go through the case from the beginning to see what the police have missed,” McGonigle said. “There was stuff they didn't touch, things they didn't do, mistakes they made.”
She said the department, which is down 11 officers because of Escondido's budget crisis, had to ask staff members of the Alexandria, Va.-based National Center for Missing & Exploited Children to help type transcripts on Amber's case into a computer.
Members of the center's staff were in Escondido during the first few weeks of Amber's disappearance to help police search for her.
“Are they reading back through all the transcripts?” McGonigle asked. “I feel they haven't even had a chance to go back through the case all the way through, and they are not experts on missing children.”
Yesterday, Escondido Police Lt. Craig Carter said he will meet with McGonigle this morning to discuss her concerns.
“The Dubois case is a high-priority case for us,” Carter said. “I can understand why she may have frustrations. We'll have a quick coffee. Anything she thinks we have not covered, we will address it.”
The police will hold a news conference at 7 p.m. today at a candlelight vigil for Amber outside her school, Escondido High, at 1535 N. Broadway.
Police have received hundreds of tips. About 200 concerned a maroon or burgundy pickup recorded by a surveillance camera near Escondido High on Feb. 13, around the time Amber disappeared while headed to school. The tips have not led to any suspects.
Police also have been alerted to numerous possible sightings of the teen. For some of them, investigators viewed surveillance tapes, Carter said, but none has panned out.
Police have issued more than 60 search warrants to owners of computers, servers and Web sites that were involved in Amber's Internet use, said her father, Maurice Dubois. Carter said he was not certain how many search warrants have been filed.
Information that was disseminated nationwide by the national missing children's center also has not resulted in anything significant, center President Ernie Allen said.
In the meantime, donated Amber Dubois billboards on Interstate 8 and state Route 163 have been removed.
The number of volunteers searching for her on weekends in and around Escondido has dwindled from more than 200 during the first three weeks after she was reported missing to 30 to 40 a day now.
“I'm absolutely concerned,” McGonigle said. “I know things die down.”
McGonigle, who has a younger daughter, said she couldn't make it to the search center Saturday because she was grief-stricken about Amber's absence on Mother's Day weekend.
The mood among the volunteers that day was a little more upbeat.
Scott Pfaucht, 40, of Escondido, led a group up a small hill in north Escondido searching for clues. They found nothing, but pressed ahead.
“Children have been missing for years, and people have found them alive,” said volunteer Leora Slocum. “I'm hopeful she's alive – until we find out differently.”
Even if the searches have come up empty, Amber's disappearance has focused attention on missing children, San Diego Police Detective Gary Hassen said.
“It heightens the attention of everybody – law enforcement, schools – for everybody, for kids,” he said.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/13/1m13amber231415-vigil-will-mark-3-months-teen-went/?northcounty&zIndex=98388

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »

Amber Dubois' Family Wants Outside Investigators Brought In

ESCONDIDO - Friends and family of missing Escondido teenager Amber Dubois were expected to hold a candlelight vigil Wednesday night to mark the three- month anniversary of her disappearance.

The 14-year-old was last seen walking to Escondido High School the morning of Feb. 13. Since then, Escondido police said they have received hundreds of tips in the case but none have panned out.

Many of those tips involved an unaccounted-for reddish full-sized pickup truck seen on surveillance video in a maintenance yard at Escondido High around the time Dubois went missing.

Numerous searches involving hundreds of volunteers have taken place -- with no success. In the first three weekends following the disappearance, more than 200 volunteers searched for Dubois in and around Escondido. Since then, the number of searchers has dwindled to about 30 to 40 volunteers.

Police said Dubois is an exemplary student with no history of running away from home. In the week leading to her disappearance, Dubois was more active than usual in online chats, according to police, who have issued several dozen search warrants for computers, servers and Web sites but have not reported finding anything significant.

Earlier this week, Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, e-mailed Escondido Police Chief Jim Maher, asking him to bring in an outside team of missing- children experts to review the 12 to 15 binders of information accumulated in the investigation, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

"I want the experts to go through the case from the beginning to see what the police have missed," McGonigle told the newspaper. "There was stuff they didn't touch, things they didn't do, mistakes they made."

There is a $55,000 reward for anyone with information leading to Dubois' safe return and an additional $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

Tuesday night's vigil is scheduled to start at 7:00 outside Escondido High School, 1535 N. Broadway.

San Diego 6 - May 13
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »

Earlier this week, Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, e-mailed Escondido Police Chief Jim Maher, asking him to bring in an outside team of missing- children experts to review the 12 to 15 binders of information accumulated in the investigation, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

"I want the experts to go through the case from the beginning to see what the police have missed," McGonigle told the newspaper. "There was stuff they didn't touch, things they didn't do, mistakes they made."

You have the whip now .. 
It will make them pay attention to this case..
Its Tough Love, Good Job on the Families part.
jmho   
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »

2NJSons -

bump
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »

2NJSons -

bump

Edward - I'm new at this - can you explain "bump"?  Thanks!

2NJSons - I've forwarded the candle link to everyone who has written in to Amber's website - thank you again.  Lisa

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »

Bump..
That just means I am bringing your post forward so that others may read it first..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »

I got your email..

Although I live in Monterey it is still quite a drive to Escondido..
So I hope my virtual Candle will show you all we are thinking of you..

Your Amber reminds me so much of my youngest daughter .. same age, freckles, horses and all. She asks me each night if Amber has been found yet.. 
We in our family have you in our thoughts of prayers each night and every day.

I hope you have contacted Trinity search and rescue.. Mike. He is a good guy..

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »

2NJSons -

bump

Edward - I'm new at this - can you explain "bump"?  Thanks!

2NJSons - I've forwarded the candle link to everyone who has written in to Amber's website - thank you again.  Lisa

Glad to help in the smallest way, Lisa.  Great idea to forward the link.  May strength in numbers help answer your prayers.     an angelic monkey

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2009, 02:54:43 PM »

4 pages of candles 
That is wonderful.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »

I love that picture of Amber, she looks so young and beautiful.  She looks like someone surprised her with the picture and she's half p.o'd but smiling at the same time.  I hope she comes home soon to play her DS.  Prayers for Amber and her family!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »

ESCONDIDO – About 50 people gathered in front of Escondido High School on Wednesday night to pray for the safe return of Amber Dubois and to ask everyone to help find the missing 14-year old girl.
Amber disappeared Feb. 13, three months ago Wednesday, while walking to school shortly after 7 a.m.

Despite nearly a thousand tips and an extensive investigation, police appear to be no closer to finding out what happened to Amber, who continues to be classified by law enforcement as a missing juvenile – not a runaway and not necessarily a victim of abduction. 

“These have been very difficult days for us,” said Amber's father, Maurice Dubois.
“We need this out nationwide,” said her mother, Carrie McGonigle. “Amber could be anywhere in this world.” 

Some in the crowd held signs reading, “Escondido Police Have You Done Enough?” and “What if it were your kid?”

Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter said he understood the frustration those closest to Amber feel. But he defended his department and said the case has been a high priority since it began.
“We have had a large group of people working on this,” Carter said. “We have the resources available. If you bring in more leads we will look into them.

“We would certainly like to have a solid lead, a person of interest, a location,” he said. “And we're missing that.”

After meeting with the Amber's parents Wednesday morning for two hours, police decided to invite the FBI and the nonprofit National Center for Missing & Exploited Children to review about 15 binders of documents. 
“It makes sense; we have no issue with that,” Carter said. “We will reach out to both those agencies.”

Carter said he hopes the review will be finished in the next few weeks. Both the FBI and the national center have been involved in the search for Amber since the early stages, he said, but police are hoping they might find something that may have been overlooked.

Amber's parents have maintained that their daughter wouldn't have run away, and that it is completely out of character for her not to have checked in.

Every possible sighting of Amber has been investigated, Carter said, and the family's computers have been examined to see if Amber may have been in contact with a predator. “As a result of the (computer) search there is nothing alarming for us. We're not focusing on it,” he said.
Police have also been working with Mexican officials on the chance that Amber was abducted and taken south of the border, Carter said. However, nothing has come of that either.

Following the brief news conference in front of the school the crowd gathered in a circle with lit candles in their hands and prayed.

To report information related to the case, call (760) 743-8477.

I called them again about William.. I am not sure they looked at him..
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2009, 03:44:52 PM »

Just like her mom stated..
She could be anywhere in the world..

The world needs to be aware and Nobody should give up looking for any missing child.
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »

4 pages of candles 
That is wonderful.

5 pages now - from 7 countries!   

It's wonderful and so very touching . . .

Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »

Just after Christmas 2008 - visiting Grandmom - wearing her favorite of Grandmom's flannel robes . . . an angelic monkey

Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2009, 05:01:13 PM »

Just like her mom stated..
She could be anywhere in the world..

The world needs to be aware and Nobody should give up looking for any missing child.

Amen

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13:11 PM »

What ever happened with the 3 psychic ladies and there common thoughts?
Did police get anything from that ?
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2009, 05:34:02 PM »

What ever happened with the 3 psychic ladies and there common thoughts?
Did police get anything from that ?

Not that I am aware of - but if anything arises that I'm able to divulge - I will.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.