March 28, 2024, 05:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 709720 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »

Don't spill yer coffee! 

I learned when reading on this site, never drink coffee while on the computer!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »

What direction is the desert you referred to early on?  I'm geographically challenged. 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2009, 03:18:52 PM »

East ..
Traveling North though and a little to the right is the desert.. The Mohave and Barstow and you can travel on a road that will eventually take you to Auburn on highway 395 Although 5 would be the direct route..

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »

Are the FBI involved in Amber's case?  I would imagine they would be interested in Abersand's comparason photos.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2009, 03:56:35 PM »

Are the FBI involved in Amber's case?  I would imagine they would be interested in Abersand's comparason photos.

They are "involved" whatever that is supposed to mean in FBI 'speak'.  For example, Amber is not even on the FBI's website for Kidnapped and Missing Persons - we have yet to get a response as to why this is.

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2009, 04:16:40 PM »

Very typical...
They need A witness to the abduction and possibly a crossing of state lines with Amber..
That would change everything for the F.B.I.
jmho

Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »

Very typical...
They need A witness to the abduction and possibly a crossing of state lines with Amber..
jmho

It's very frustrating to say the least 

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »

Very typical...
jmho

Ampersand it is stupid isn't it? Take the Sandra Cantu case, They would not call it an abudution, it was classified as a possible run away although it did not make any sense what so ever
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »

Very typical...
jmho

Ampersand it is stupid isn't it? Take the Sandra Cantu case, They would not call it an abudution, it was classified as a possible run away although it did not make any sense what so ever

No, it really doesn't make sense - but when someone you love just vanishes - not much makes sense anymore.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:37 PM »

Are you a member of Ambers family? (((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you. She will be found and until she is we will  do whatever we can.

1 suggestion, there is not awareness up this way. I live in NorCal and I had heard nothing about this nor  read in the newspapers. Lets say there is an auburn tie, it might do some good to try to get the word out up this way.
Has NG or the other shows talked about this? Sorry I don't normally watch...
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2009, 06:51:52 PM »

Are you a member of Ambers family? (((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you. She will be found and until she is we will  do whatever we can.

1 suggestion, there is not awareness up this way. I live in NorCal and I had heard nothing about this nor  read in the newspapers. Lets say there is an auburn tie, it might do some good to try to get the word out up this way.

I am very proud to be one of Amber's aunts.  We all appreciate everything you all are doing.  We've all been working had to spread the news and attract as much media attention as possible - and as widespread as possible.  Amber's story was covered briefly by NG, but not nearly to the degree of some others.  With abductions at a sickeningly epidemic level - it isn't easy to get the coverage.  It's sites like SM that help to get the word out - it's the people that care and put forth the effort.   an angelic monkey  The media is in it for the ratings.     JMHO

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »

I am very proud to be one of Amber's aunts.  We all appreciate everything you all are doing.  We've all been working had to spread the news and attract as much media attention as possible - and as widespread as possible.  Amber's story was covered briefly by NG, but not nearly to the degree of some others.  With abductions at a sickeningly epidemic level - it isn't easy to get the coverage.  It's sites like SM that help to get the word out - it's the people that care and put forth the effort.   an angelic monkey  The media is in it for the ratings.     JMHO

I was told it takes hundreds of emails to these shows to get in the spot light. I dont' watch because I have to admit, I don't care that much for NG, Wykes told me that JVM (is that right?) is a good one, is that CNN?  Lets do a write in campaign! Lets keep writing until they pick this up.

Amber seems like she was a good girl, she loved her family, had a good friends, cared about animals...she was excited about choosing her lamb she was going to care for, came from a good family, then vanished. If the message is concentrated, it might get picked up. Never know until we try! You game, I am if you are. Let me know what you think  and I will get together the links for writing.

BTW who is your congressman in that area? If  you haven't called his office do so, and also your california state reps, both senate and assembly. Ask for an inperson appointment immediately. They don't like when a family threatens to let the papers know they wont meet with you when it involves this sort of thing...
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

I was told it takes hundreds of emails to these shows to get in the spot light. I dont' watch because I have to admit, I don't care that much for NG, Wykes told me that JVM (is that right?) is a good one, is that CNN?  Lets do a write in campaign! Lets keep writing until they pick this up.

Amber seems like she was a good girl, she loved her family, had a good friends, cared about animals...she was excited about choosing her lamb she was going to care for, came from a good family, then vanished. If the message is concentrated, it might get picked up. Never know until we try! You game, I am if you are. Let me know what you think  and I will get together the links for writing.

BTW who is your congressman in that area? If  you haven't called his office do so, and also your california state reps, both senate and assembly. Ask for an inperson appointment immediately. They don't like when a family threatens to let the papers know they wont meet with you when it involves this sort of thing...

I'm absolutely game 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »

Pasted from Wykes on the Billy  Van Croft thread.

Contact JVM:

"Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" on HLN (headline news) at CNN

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/issues.with.jane/

email:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form11b.html?1

Contact Greta:

"On The Record With Greta Van Susteren" on FOXNews

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/

email:
Ontherecord@foxnews.com
This one is broken but I accessed it through the website
phone:
1-888-369-4762

Contact NG:

"Nancy Grace" on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

email:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81

America's most wanted
http://www.amw.com/

http://www.amw.com/about_amw/faq.cfm#cases

Seems though you have to do an old fashion write in campaign with actual paper and envelopes!
*INFORMATION*
How do I submit a case to AMW?

Cases to be profiled on AMW are carefully chosen from the hundreds of requests we receive every week. Due to the high volume of requests we often need to make tough decisions when it comes to choosing which cases to profile. We make every attempt to cover cases from all parts of the country and all type of crimes. Our ultimate goal is to give a voice to the maximum number of victims possible and help find Missing children and bring fugitives to justice.

If you would like to have a case considered for the show, please send all facts to:

America's Most Wanted

PO Box Crime TV

Washington DC 20016

Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive.

NOTE: We are not able to return materials, so do not send original or irreplaceable photos, documents, etc.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: May 19, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »

Cool! Now I have experience with awareness campaigns, not of this sort but they are all the same in principal if you ask me. As I have written on the Sandra Cantu thread....One clear message which answers the basic marketing questions.

1. what is the product (or message)
2. How  will it work for me (why should I care)
3. and why do I need it, (How can I help or what should I say in this case.)
All the while tugging on emotions.

So, you have an entire area to draw from. The more people writing and getting the attention the better, obviously. Making it as easy as possible for people is what will be needed. Not that people are lazy, but their time is limited.

Lets put a sample letter together so people have something to draw from and gather idea's from. It needs to be short, precise and to the point. the people reading these things read thousands of things  day. We need to use language which grabs them and grabs emotional strings. With the media, we use their need for ratings to our advantage. We make the story as compelling and heart wrenching as we can. (I know this sounds terrible but it is reality). After we do this, we ask everyone we know to help! People want to help, most people don't know what to do. 

Another idea is an online petition to politicians and also to the media as a cry for attention for this story. these are easy to get siggys for as long as it is something people care about, and they will care about this story.

I am sure other monkey's will have far more advice to offer, can anyone think of other things and ways to draw attention? Or maybe correct any of the suggestions I have made? I want to get this right.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »

I hope we are of some assistance to your family. We are all volunteers.
Doing research is the goal of investigative Forums on the Internet.
Most of us started doing research for the Holloway family.

The concept here is a mass of minds working together and a thousand keyboards pressing in keywords and searching for answers or information on any given subject matter.
Research takes vast amounts of time..

Once members bring that info to the forum and post it on these pages, which we call a thread. It should be printed out page by page and kept by you..
 If we are redundant and just posting things you already know or have access too, then we are of no help.

Time is of the essence..  The Families soul is damaged by the loss of a loved one and shrinking by the second.

This is what law enforcement does not and can not comprehend, because a family is built on heart and love.
Investigations are run on Logic.

This is not supposed to be a chat room BUT.. 
These Forums combine mind work and heart..
Sometimes that is wonderful and supportive thing.
Sometimes the hearts get in the way of investigation.

We have been doing this for 4 years on the Internet..
We have learned a lot but We are still learning and developing.
Members can be from anywhere in the world and there expertise and experience is of immeasurable value in my opinion.
I have a vast amount of respect for our researchers on this forum as well as BFN and W/S  and there are others.. As you have seen I will read and pull research from other forums.
 The researchers are scattered but are still connected by mind and a common thread to help others. Your family has a thread on almost every forum and I can tell by my emails Everyone who does research knows you are here and is willing to help in any way they can.

Why I try to develop a full picture of time and events..
 Once I develop enough research information and if a person has not been found, I tend to go out and search in person. This is why I focus on missing people within California.

I have seen our members out searching many times.. From Aruba to Florida and California.
I have seen them in protests and writing congress people. They are amazing people..

Never Give Up and Never Give In.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »

Edward I hope I didnt' post anything that was not within the forum's guidelines? If so, I will be happy to write privatly to the family about the letter campaign if they wish me too. Just let me know if I have over stepped by suggesting it.

That is great btw you would go searching yourself!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »

You are doing great Tracygirl .. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »

Ampersand your photo comparisons are amazing..

I did just get a call from the detective in Auburn ..
He told me to contact detectives in Placer county sheriff department as they have the attempted abduction case although he was amazed at the comparison photo.
He said when the attempted abduction occurred, he himself and half his force drove all over the area checking every red 4 door truck they had come across. Never found the guy..
Nobody has identified the truck yet..
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: May 20, 2009, 02:21:54 AM »

EDWARD  TRACYGIRL CHI MONKEY AMPERSAND  and any others I didn't name,    awesome work , all the details and pics are great.    Thank you for your dedication and your smarts! salut

As always, thoughts and prayers for Amber.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.