March 28, 2024, 02:33:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 709573 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: May 27, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »

Wal-Mart Groper May Be Linked To Teen's Disappearance

FOX 5 San Diego
2:25 PM PDT, May 26, 2009

ESCONDIDO -- A burgundy-colored pickup truck may link the disappearance of 14-year-old Amber Dubois three months ago to the sexual molestation of two little girls at a pair of Wal-Mart stores in San Diego.

Surveillance tapes from the two Wal-Marts showed a large, burgundy pickup truck that also may have been spotted on tapes recorded three months ago near where Dubois disappeared, the San Diego Union-Tribune said.

San Diego police immediately contacted Escondido detectives when they saw a burgundy pickup truck pop up in the Wal-Mart surveillance tapes, Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton told the newspaper.

No suspect has been named or arrested in any of the cases.

Related links

Video May Hold Clue to Escondido Teen's Disappearance

The man molested two girls, a 5-and 6-year-old, in separate incidents. On April 1, a little girl was abused at the Wal-Mart at College Grove, and the other on May 17 at the Wal-Mart on Kearny Mesa. Neither girl was seriously injured, according to the newspaper.

In those two cases, surveillance tapes showed a 25-to 30-year old, 6- foot-tall white man who drove what appeared to be a burgundy, four-door, full- sized truck with a silver or chrome storage box in the bed, the newspaper stated.

The model is believed to be between 1998 and 2006.

In the Dubois case, a surveillance tape from a school-bus maintenance yard recorded a pickup entering the maintenance parking lot at 7:10 a.m. around the time she disappeared Feb. 13. The truck left 3 minutes later.

That burgundy truck was a newer model, full-sized, four-door maroon or burgundy truck with a crew cab.

It was equipped with chrome bed rails or tie- down rails with chrome running boards and wheels, the newspaper reported.

But the appearance of the truck at College Grove and Kearny Mesa was slightly different, police said.

The color of the pickup truck in those incidents was a "definite match,'' but the truck in the other cases is missing some of the customization spotted at Escondido, Benton told the newspaper.
But he added that there's a possibility the suspect "may have taken some things off'' the truck.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,4314038.story

I took this from this web site..
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10966&page=15

His face is as clear as can be on video..
His license plate could be an easy to identify on the original video..

Where is the WANTED POSTER on this guy ?   
ELE should already have him in custody.
jmho

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: May 27, 2009, 03:42:44 PM »

edward, where is the photo of this guy's face?  in the burgandy pu at wal-mart?
thanks

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: May 27, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »

It must be a page or 2 back as we were able to view a security video.
I do not have the ability or knowledge to save still images off video. I did stop the video at various points and viewed his face... and we are looking at a web video..
If it was the original video, I am sure they have a picture of his face,,
Ampersand
Scared Monkey

« Reply #743 on: May 27, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »

It must be a page or 2 back as we were able to view a security video.
I do not have the ability or knowledge to save still images off video. I did stop the video at various points and viewed his face... and we are looking at a web video..
If it was the original video, I am sure they have a picture of his face,,

~Thank you for helping to break through the darkness by being one of the lights that will bring our Amber home~  www.AmberLeeanneDubois.com
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:40 PM »

Clear as a Bell..
We are looking at a web based video still image, imagine what the police are looking at.

Thank you Ampersand.. You are wonderful

I think Escondido should go looking for him.. What a piece of garbage.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: May 27, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »

I swear this guy has a tat on the inside of his right arm

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: May 27, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »

I've tried fooling around with the truck, and it keeps looking like to me it might have a different color frontend?  primered black?

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: May 27, 2009, 08:24:56 PM »

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: May 27, 2009, 08:28:32 PM »

To find me:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: May 27, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »

You did very good with that image doubledecker
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: May 27, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »

I do believe the F.B.I. could make it very clear with some very impressive software and people with know how on images..

But from the still alone his momma, brothers, sisters, wife, kids would know him
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: May 27, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »

I am not a expert but it looks pretty close to me..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: May 28, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »

omg, I did not mean to post that photo on here.  I thought I was posting a different one ...ughh

I deleted it 
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #753 on: May 28, 2009, 12:54:52 AM »

For anyone that might know:

Did EPD set up any roadblocks at the same time of the morning Amber went missing in the area? Any traffic cams, any convenience store cams, go through all traffic tickets for that morning, etc, next day, etc.

What vehicle detailing/Full service car wash data is available, has all this been checked, their regular dumpster routes, etc.

EPD should be able to account for every available possible piece of footage, have they?

No roadblocks because no Amber Alert was issued by EPD. The high school left a voice message that Amber missed her first period (she had perfect attendance!) so Carrie did not know until 4 pm that she had not been in school.  When Amber did not call at 3:30 she was in her car and searching for her!

The EPD considered her a runaway.  It took a lot of work to get them to enter her as "missing."  I was 100 miles away at the time, so, cannot give more details about how difficult it was for Carrie and Dave to persuade LE that she did not run away!

We have been told that the "ONLY" footage is that of the red truck and OTHER children entering school.

Hello AmbersGM,

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I do not have any grandchildren, but have teens of my own and cannot imagine the hell you all are living in.  Especially with so little to go on it seems.  I don't know if anyone has already done this, but what made me think of it was a neighbor of ours has a security system in his home.  While in his house one day, I was watching the video cameras.  The camera that was positioned in the front of his house captures all the activity in front of his house and accross the street.  Like I said, I don't know if anyone has but, what about going door to door to each house along the route she would have walked and asking about security cameras?  I know it is a lot of work, but if someone (time is the enemy now) had the video of that day you could find out whether or not she made it that far... local businesses she may have walked past may have cameras too.  Problem being that now so much time has passed, it may have been taped over, but it might be worth a shot.  Some systems use DVR and can record much longer than the old videos. 

Also, I was wondering if a list of newer vehicles matching the description of the truck on the school yard was compiled by maybe DMV and by process of elimination? Do any of the SO's in the area have basements in their homes?  Could be a place to hide someone away.  I don't mean to make your stomach turn, but just trying to think out loud. 

u\Using the route preferred by LE, they found no security cameras between the crossing at Broadway and the school yard, despite quite a few houses.  I am going down tomorrow and will be checking for cameras if the abductor turned right on Broadway towards the park.  Hoping if so, they used DVR because it has been a long time.  Will advise. Am staying overnight to have time to canvass the area in full. 

The family has an expert who has just about completed  a 3-D stereoscopic analysis of matched pairs, motion analysis, measurements with respect to surrounding structures, inventory of vehicle attributes, etc. as to what exact truck was on the video.  Must give LE a shot at items you mention above  (DMV etc) before we release the data to the public.  At that time, if the press release leaves questions (and from this group I am sure it will) we will supplement the data for you. 

Do not know how to find out about basements.  Ideas???GM
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #754 on: May 28, 2009, 01:02:07 AM »

Thank you Monkey Goddesses and gods for the repair to the above post.
 It appears if you click on that link you can now see the route of 16.1 miles and 22 minutes with a blue line ...
 This route would take them in front of the high school and she made be tied up and unable to communicate.
 Take a look it at and zoom in a little and use the birds eye buttons, then you can use the tools to show other possible travel routes..
You can Create your own possible route..

The link above represents a possible route to me ..

I think personally, that he drove out away from the high school .. the opposite direction .. which is different then the link.

It would also mean the perpetrator knows the area very well.
If it was the same person as in the previous park murder then he may be thinking he will hide her better this time..
But, Not the same park.. and a person can get to this destination from 2 directions, one far more rural then the other.

Just a thought.

I think he (they) drove away from the high school also.  Will be checking it out tomorrow using some ideas from my monkeys.  Will report back on Friday.  That 100 mile drive each way from LA area to San Diego area is a tuf one for such an old GM.
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: May 28, 2009, 01:09:06 AM »

Hard to get a good google earth showing enough area that is ok to post.  This is just the Escondido and surrounding areas:

How did you get Google Earth to print.  Which option did you use?  I just get a blank page unless I only ask for the map. Help!. I want to do segments for search purposes. GM
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: May 28, 2009, 01:11:29 AM »

100 miles at 120mph is only, umm.. 45 minutes ..
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: May 28, 2009, 01:15:32 AM »

One local resident claimed the moroon pick up was common to local Gardners.
Is there a landscape maintenence company that has a fleet of Maroon pick ups ?

Edward when I was doing the cell tower maps there was a odd looking complex on one of the satellite laps .  When I zoomed in it was a nursery.  Straight up the highway close to the At&T tower.  I will see if I can dig it out again.

NR  were you ever able to figure out which tower the ping came from or are you still having to use the general data from the zip codes?

Not able to pin it down as I do not have enough information and there are many unregistered towers in that area.  It literally could be any one of them with the information I know.
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #758 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:17 AM »

Hi Ambers Grandmom,  very sweet video. I understand how much you all want her home. Carrie helped us all see the little girl that is loved and missed.

I'm thinking about the house on a hill.  Tract home or custom?  New or old?  Family or single resident?
I know absolutely nothing about code, law etc., but if it's a tract home, the builder would more than likely be the same for all, a basement would probably require extra engineering, more support. If the builder was known, an" inquiry "from a neighbor interested if a basement is feasible, possible, have they ever built any in the area certainly wouldn't be a suspicious question. Without comprimising any actual house plans for any owner, the builder would probably at least be anxious to tell of this construction.

Same question could be posed to a custom builder if anyone might recall who it was.

The resident, if a single person, is the house close enough to get an idea of usual behavior? More groceries being brought in regularly than seems appropriate or than before?

Maybe all the clever monkeys will show up with more feasible ideas but until then here's mine.

Definitely custom homes on her street.  I'll take a better look on Paradise..maybe tract there as they are smaller, lots of vehicles parked there all the time..pickups.
Ambers Grandmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #759 on: May 28, 2009, 01:29:48 AM »

This is excellent.  I am hoping to set up another drone flight.  Clearly need overview of Jesmond Dene and Guajome Lake Rd.  Would be great if we could set up a priority list of suspected areas in similar format to this (and concurrent rationale).for overview photos.

Does anyone know a way to print Google Earth to show the terraine? It would sure help.

I hope you all take a look at the video.  Carrie has worked on it for the last month--pardon a Grandmom's bragging but a large segment of them I took.  Suspect that you  monkeys can figure out "my touch" on film.  Keen observation does that to you. Need all your skills ..keep them coming.

Crimes have a patterns...but, this is so hard because it does not seem to match with other abductions.  Too clean.  I am really afraid it was someone she knew...starting to rain...got in the car for ride to school. Lock mechanism to keep her inside. Discounts the eye witnesses, but makes sense to me that it happened before she got to school. What do you think?  Too many neighbors in past years murdered children nearby...even just now it's happened again.

And yes,  I so worry about a locked basement in a house that is right in view.  How do you find out if there is a basement in a house on a hill?  Ideas?

Thanks for being there. Ambers Grandmom

GM-
I posted earlier. I feel Amber was aquainted with this individual. I do not believe, most especially as you noted her interest in shows that reflect case files like this, that she got into a vehicle with a stranger. Not without a struggle. What I saw from your stunningly gorgeous grandaughter, is that she is confident and wicked strong.
B
I believe she might have known the person...either a ride to get out of the rain on way to school or she was told of an emergency with her Mom who left for work early that day...or , she did not know the person and was overcome with force along Paradise..in between all the pick up trucks down there. She is "wicked strong" [nice phrase] but not so much as to be able to overcome a strong male abductor.  At a family birthday last summer there was a bouncer with steps and a slide into a pool.  She got picked up and dumped into the pool. I've looked at the film over and over...she really DID TRY to avoid the dunking,,,she could not...but, she got him soaking wet, too.  That is good and bad.  She could have fought very hard and been murdered at a result.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.