March 28, 2024, 10:35:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois, 14yr, Last seen 02/13/09 #1 1/20/09 - 1/15/10  (Read 709749 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: June 12, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »

Thanks Edward.  I watched the video last night but have no clue how to imbed it here.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: June 12, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »

I had just figured it out .. use the insert flash icon.. then play the video and copy and past the address bar at the top of the page ..http://whatever  and there it is..
I am not the brightest ball on the Christmas tree but it appears to work.. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1042 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »

Edward thanks for posting the video. I am going to drop her aunt a line about the driveway.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1043 on: June 12, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »

Thank Tracygirl
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: June 12, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/The-Day-Amber-Disappeared-.html

The comments started off by readers was insulting and so I gave them some info in hopes that the public in Escondido may get themselves involved..

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Catalina island for a week of scouting as I am a assistant scout master and apparently will not be able to communicate via my computer.
I will bring it along anyway just in case..
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1045 on: June 13, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »

Edward I hope you have a great time. We will try to hold down the fort while your gone. Check in if you can!
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1046 on: June 13, 2009, 01:35:01 AM »

Saw this good looking red truck. 

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1047 on: June 13, 2009, 01:38:35 AM »

Oops. 

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss16/rightyj/?action=view&current=RedPickup2.jpg
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1048 on: June 13, 2009, 02:01:39 AM »

Oops x 2.

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1049 on: June 13, 2009, 02:07:31 AM »

Edward I hope you have a great time. We will try to hold down the fort while your gone. Check in if you can!

Hope Edward just concentrates on something else for a week.  We all need a break sometimes.     

Let's keep on looking.   It's all for Amber!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: June 13, 2009, 02:33:50 PM »

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jun/12/1mi12dubois2186-vigil-set-missing-girl-14/
Vigil is set for missing girl, 14
Search continues for Amber Dubois
By J. Harry Jones

2:00 a.m. June 12, 2009
ESCONDIDO — It will be four months tomorrow since 14-year-old Amber Dubois went missing while walking to school in Escondido, and a search center established shortly after she disappeared is closing down.

Every weekend volunteers have been scouring nearby hills for any sign of the teen, without success. The number of volunteers has dwindled to a point that only about 20 people have been showing up to help.

Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, said that the center will close this weekend and that future search efforts will concentrate on distributing fliers in Riverside and Orange counties.

“Most people know about Amber in San Diego,” she said. “But nobody knows about her further north.”

The search center, at 755 N. Quince St. in Escondido, will be the site of a candlelight vigil from 1 to 4 p.m. tomorrow, culminating in the release of balloons at 4 p.m.

McGonigle said she still harbors hope.

“I still feel she's alive and I still feel she's nearby,” she said. “We just have to find where.”

Police say they have followed up on about 900 tips, including false sightings of the teen, without anything concrete being found.

An examination of Amber's Internet activity so far has shown only that she visited sites that any normal 14-year-old girl would, Escondido Police Lt. Bob Benton said. Some records still have not been obtained because the Web site operators are based outside the United States. The FBI has been helping with the Internet side of the investigation.

Amber's cell phone has not been used since the day after she disappeared, when someone in northern Escondido tried to access her voice mail for about 20 seconds but gave up after realizing the password had been changed. Her parents had it changed when she didn't come home so they could listen to any messages that might have been left for her.

It now appears that a burgundy pickup truck seen on surveillance videotape of a school bus maintenance yard near Escondido High School about the same time that Amber disappeared is not the same pickup spotted in another case.

San Diego police are searching for a similar pickup in connection with the molestation of two young girls at two Wal-Mart stores in April and May. But Benton said the trucks appear to be different.

Police still classify Amber as a missing juvenile, saying there isn't enough information to say definitively whether she was abducted or ran away.

Nationally known missing children's advocate Marc Klaas will attend the vigil, McGonigle said.

Anyone with information about Amber's whereabouts is asked to call (760) 743-TIPS (8477).

Amber's family has offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to her return, and a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrests.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1051 on: June 13, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »

bump
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: June 14, 2009, 12:52:12 AM »

It only stands to reason that the guy seen walking with Amber Leeann Dubois was associated with the Red/Maroon Pick up..
He must have known her enough to talk with her, or he could have been a Con Artist who knows how to make an approach and when she came close to the red truck her forced her inside.. Then the driver finds a spot to get her under control..

This could be gang related if Amber pissed off somebody in the teen world..

I doubt Amber Leeann Dubois Ran Away from home. I do believe if she had been abused she would have ran to her Aunt or her Grandma or her DAD first before that would happen.
I know I am going out on a limb to make that claim but it is my gut feeling which is usually correct.
Amber was attacked for one reason or another..

I am starting to think GANG related.. That Phone is not the pattern of the Kidnappers from San Bernadino and Redondo Beach, but I can see some immature gang members doing that for sure.

Edward, I do not think she was abused and ran away either. She visited her Dad on a regular basis and had a good support group in her family IMHO.

This part of your comment >"I am starting to think GANG related.. That Phone is not the pattern of the Kidnappers from San Bernadino and Redondo Beach, but I can see some immature gang members doing that for sure." I do not understand. That phone, what pattern?
As we all know, San Diego (Escondido) is very close to the Mexican border and many work here on a daily basis. We are also close to San Bernadino and areas of gang activity. I think many/most communities in SoCal have gang activity to a degree. It is a possibility, IMHO

Keep Amber in your thoughts and prayers.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: June 14, 2009, 12:59:46 AM »

I wish I was closer, I would be out there every weekend helping out.

I wish I was healthier, and I would too.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1054 on: June 14, 2009, 06:10:59 AM »

I wish I was closer, I would be out there every weekend helping out.

I wish I was healthier, and I would too.

Me three.

I can't sleep so I am using the time this morning to reflect and pray. Amber and her family are both in my prayers this morning. May she come home safe and soon to the family that loves and misses her.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1055 on: June 14, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »

Yes  prayers for Amber...May  God shed his light of protection over Amber. May he send his heavenly angels to guide the searchers to where Amber is. May she come home safetly and soon. Prays of strength for her family..

I heard back from Ambers aunt. I am going to email to clarify something, I will repost when I hear from her. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1056 on: June 14, 2009, 01:26:54 PM »

Here are the Web Sleuths images courtesy of member, Cloudajo

These pics are great. the set of pics which shows the arrows, are we sure this is the right area of the maintance yard the truck is seen parking? I say this because on google maps I don't see a fence there and it is not the area the buses are parked. could the truck be  on the other side of the building?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1057 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »

They didn't follow me. how do you bump a post with pics so they post as well? Can someone help? It was a post from 5/18
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1058 on: June 14, 2009, 01:42:36 PM »

Balloons carry hopes of missing girl's family

By J. Harry Jones
2:00 a.m. June 14, 2009

Amber Dubois' sister Allison (center) and their mother, Carrie McGonigle, prepare to release balloons with information on the missing teenager. - Peggy Peattie / Union-Tribune
DETAILS

Amber Dubois

Missing since Feb. 13

Online: bringamberhome.com

Background: See an archive of stories on the case at uniontrib. com/more/amber

ESCONDIDO — Hundreds of blue balloons soared into the eastern sky above Escondido yesterday afternoon, carried by the wind.

Each bore a message about Amber Dubois, and maybe, her father said, one might be found by someone who knows something – anything – about what happened to the 14-year-old.

It was a somber, emotional gathering at the Amber Dubois Search Center yesterday afternoon. It marked the four-month anniversary of when the teenager went missing while walking to Escondido High School, and the donated building on Quince Street where searches have been coordinated is closing down this weekend.

“Sadly, this is the last gathering at this location, but it won't be the last thing we do because we will all keep on working until we bring Amber home,” said the girl's grandmother, Sheila Welch. “We can only look to the day when we can have a celebration when Amber comes home.”

Since shortly after the teen's disappearance, volunteer searchers have been scouring the countryside and hills within a roughly eight-mile radius of where Amber was last seen. They have found nothing.

“The good news, if there is good news, is that three months ago we came here to help the family organize a search effort to find a body,” said nationally known lost-child advocate Marc Klaas. “They have not found that body. That's exceptional news. That's very good news. Amber is out there, and we think Amber is alive.”

Klaas said a switch in strategy is about to take place: “We're not looking for a body. We're looking for a little girl.”

Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, spoke only briefly yesterday, tearing up while introducing Klaas. She said last week that she and others will concentrate on distributing fliers in Riverside, Orange and Los Angeles counties.

“Most people know about Amber in San Diego,” McGonigle said. “But nobody knows about her further north.”

Police say they have followed up on about 900 tips, including false sightings of the teen, without finding anything concrete.

Authorities classify Amber as a missing juvenile, saying there isn't enough information to say definitively whether she was abducted or ran away.

From the very beginning, her family has been convinced that she was kidnapped. Amber's father, Maurice Dubois, said he will never quit looking.

“It's unfortunate I'm in front of you again talking,” Dubois said. “Any of you who have been here from Day One know what our family is going through. It's been difficult, frustrating, sad.”

Although donated, the search center carries utilities and other expenses that would be better spent on other efforts, the family says.

“This is not going to be over until Amber is home,” Dubois said. “We're not stopping. People think that by closing this center, we're giving up. But we're not – not by any means. We won't give up until Amber is home.”

Dubois said some days have been worse than others.

“Easter was a very tough day for many of us,” he said. “Mother's Day was very tough on Carrie and me. Just around the corner is Father's Day. I'm not ready for it ... not without my daughter here.”

Klaas said it's imperative that Amber's case continue to be publicized.

“I think it's well-known that if the family stops searching, this case will go into the cold-case file very quickly,” he said. “Therefore, we have to create strategies to keep it moving forward, to keep it in the public eye ... so that Amber can ultimately be recovered. It really is the only goal that we have right now.”

One of those ways of keeping the story alive was yesterday's “raise awareness” balloon release. Dubois said that perhaps one of the balloons will end up in the hands of someone who knows something.

“We're leaving it up to Mother Nature,” he said.

J. Harry Jones: (760) 737-7579; jharry.jones@uniontrib.com

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jun/14/1m14amber235946-balloons-carry-hopes-missing-girls/?northcounty&zIndex=116379

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: June 14, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/The-Day-Amber-Disappeared-.html

The comments started off by readers was insulting and so I gave them some info in hopes that the public in Escondido may get themselves involved..

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Catalina island for a week of scouting as I am a assistant scout master and apparently will not be able to communicate via my computer.
I will bring it along anyway just in case..

Edward,  My co-worker's son will be there too... he is really looking forward to it.  I hope you all have a great time!! 

Thanks for all of the information you and the other monkeys post about Amber!  I read here almost everyday. I pray everyday for Amber's safe return. 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.