April 30, 2024, 06:40:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #803 2/25/09 - 3/1/09  (Read 208047 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »

I was locked out for a few minutes....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2009, 10:15:29 AM »

Me too 
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

So it certainly seems plausible that Trahan and Cooper could have become acquainted at some point.

IF this is 'the' Holly J Cooper.........
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »

I have a question...

Kyle Kingman: "Right before the Dateline special aired Tim and Louis asked if I could go to ABC to try to sell the footage in an attempt to recoup some of the money invested in the search efforts. ABC was very interested, but decided to wait until the Dateline special aired. After the show they came back to me and declined to purchase it because they felt too much of the story was already told by Dateline. That ended any communication with ABC. About 6 executive producers saw the footage, but none were allowed copies or any pictures. Everything remained in my possesion."

Do we know for sure which Tim Kyle is referring to - Trahan or Miller?  I've assumed Tim Trahan...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »

I have a question...

Kyle Kingman: "Right before the Dateline special aired Tim and Louis asked if I could go to ABC to try to sell the footage in an attempt to recoup some of the money invested in the search efforts. ABC was very interested, but decided to wait until the Dateline special aired. After the show they came back to me and declined to purchase it because they felt too much of the story was already told by Dateline. That ended any communication with ABC. About 6 executive producers saw the footage, but none were allowed copies or any pictures. Everything remained in my possesion."

Do we know for sure which Tim Kyle is referring to - Trahan or Miller?  I've assumed Tim Trahan...

I've assumed Trahan, as well. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2009, 10:23:48 AM »

Definitely Trahan.

Miller didn't even know the footage existed at that point.

And Kyle referred to Trahan as Schaefer's representative to us.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »

Definitely Trahan.

Miller didn't even know the footage existed at that point.

And Kyle referred to Trahan as Schaefer's representative to us.

Thanks, Jen - that's what I thought.  So its the 2 guys not even on the boat...

(I had inserted [trahan] after the Tim in that quote and reviewing it, realized I should confirm that.)

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2009, 10:37:39 AM »

It seems the port/harbor construction IS moving forward:

Minister Briesen visits mtbs

2008-09-15 12:47

On the fourth of September we had the honor of welcoming the Minister of Tourism and Transportation of Aruba who, together with Mr. Henry Vingal, visited our office within the framework of the Aruba Port Investments Project. During the visit the progress of the project was discussed.

The Aruba Port Investments Project concerns the implementation of 4 port related investments i.e. cruise and container terminal, real estate and a free zone. mtbs provides legal and PPP advise and has developed several strategic scenario's of which the financial feasibility was assessed.

Minister Briesen was impressed by the historical White House, the warm welcome by the mtbs team and above all by the results that mtbs realised on the project so far.
http://www.mtbs.nl/news/minister_briesen_visits_mtbs

And this link will show you how the process will (should) work.  Most is public - although I'm not sure where/how we would access it.  I have yet to find anything on mtbs' site about it, other than general information about what the project is.

http://www.mtbs.nl/our_services/transaction_public
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »

Have we seen this?

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2007/11/12/daily38.html?jst=s_cn_hl

Thursday, November 15, 2007
Superior names Persky chairman
Houston Business Journal

Superior Offshore International Inc. has appointed James Persky as board chairman.

Persky replaces Louis Schaefer Jr., founder of the Houston subsea construction and commercial diving service provider, who retired and resigned from the board on Nov. 14.

Persky has been a director of Superior Offshore (NASDAQ: DEEP) since April.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2009, 11:41:08 AM »

BillB.HotPing.This is where i got that thought process from!Check this link out and look at the relationships to Superior energy.Considering where they do business.It would be interesting!

http://www.marketvisual.com/DirectProfile.aspx?ID=af9c3889-2144-4b60-9b17-b34fa5b78331

Entities Related to Superior Energy Services Inc

Top 16 of 79 entities related to Superior Energy Services Inc. Search list by name:
Retrieving... 
  Map Robert S Taylor and Superior Energy Services Inc's 8 relationships 
  Map David Weinhoffer and Superior Energy Services Inc's 8 relationships 
  Map Lynton G Cook III and Superior Energy Services Inc's 8 relationships 
  Map KENNETH BLANCHARD and Superior Energy Services Inc's 7 relationships 
  Map A Patrick Bernard and Superior Energy Services Inc's 7 relationships 
  Map R Joshua Koch Jr and Superior Energy Services Inc's 7 relationships 
  Map Terence E Hall and Superior Energy Services Inc's 7 relationships 
  Map James Persky and Superior Energy Services Inc's 6 relationships 
  Map E Donald Terry and Superior Energy Services Inc's 6 relationships 
  Map Richard A Pattarozzi and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 
  Map James J Mermis and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 
  Map Louis E Schaefer Jr and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 
  Map James M Funk and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 
  Map Harold J Bouillion and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 
  Map John F Guarisco and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 
  Map Enoch L Dawkins and Superior Energy Services Inc's 5 relationships 

I'm trying to see if there is a connection.Seems they all have Superior energy in common?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

I don't know if the above means anything or not.I will also look at the companies Jen adn 2nj were talking about regarding Holly J Cooper!Off to work.BBL Monkeys..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

This is a very nice summary of Superior Offshore's troubles.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2008/02/25/story3.html

Friday, February 22, 2008
Superior Offshore stock dive creates wave of departures in executive suite
Houston Business Journal

The revolving door in the executive suite of Superior Offshore Inc. began to spin in November 2007.

The changes started with the resignation of Louis Schaefer Jr. -- who founded the company in 1986 -- from the board and the appointment of James Persky as board chairman.

Meanwhile, Superior Offshore shares were spiraling downward. In a Nov. 19 report, analyst David Smith of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. noted that company insiders James Murmis, the CEO, and Roger Burks, the chief financial officer, were continuing to sell thousands of shares during October and November as part of prearranged stock trading plans -- until the company reported that the two executives terminated the plans effective Nov. 16 in order to try to prop up the stock. (Ed. 11/16 = one day after the earnings conference call when Murmis explained away the insider trading as within their prearranged stock trading plans.)

Superior shares had run up briefly in April after the initial public offering was issued at $15 a share. The stock reached as high as $19.58 on May 4 but began to slip and then tumble as disappointing financial results were announced.

By Dec. 31 the stock had dropped to $5.02 -- a 67 percent decline for the year. After reaching an all-time low of $2.94 on Jan. 23, Superior shares closed at $4.55 on Feb. 13.

Murmis and Burks in December reduced their annual compensation. Mermis lowered his salary from $750,000 to $600,000 effective Jan. 1 while Burks took an annual salary cut to $500,000 from $600,000.

Then in late December, Superior announced the company would not proceed with a planned $15 million acquisition of Ocean Flow International LLC. At the same time, the company would shell out $4.2 million to settle a dispute and terminate a charter agreement for one of its deepwater vessels.   (Ed. I'm lost - what dispute?)

A month later, Mermis abruptly announced he would quit, tendering his resignation on Jan. 28. He agreed to forfeit severance payments as well as the remaining 616,000 shares of unvested restricted stock he owned at the time. He still holds about 53,000 shares.

Thomas Coleman, a director, followed Mermis out the door a few days later, on Feb. 1.

On Feb. 11, Burks announced that he would quit March 30, to be replaced April 1 by Thomas Daman, currently the company's treasurer and senior vice president of finance.

Regulatory filings show E. Donald Terry, who replaced Murmis as CEO, is to be paid $60,000 a month and has been granted stock options on 100,000 shares expiring in 2018, at an exercise price of $3.55.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

On the fourth of September we had the honor of welcoming the Minister of Tourism and Transportation of Aruba who, together with Mr. Henry Vingal, visited our office within the framework of the Aruba Port Investments Project. During the visit the progress of the project was discussed.

The Aruba Port Investments Project concerns the implementation of 4 port related investments i.e. cruise and container terminal, real estate and a free zone. mtbs provides legal and PPP advise and has developed several strategic scenario's of which the financial feasibility was assessed.

Minister Briesen was impressed by the historical White House, the warm welcome by the mtbs team and above all by the results that mtbs realised on the project so far.

And this link will show you how the process will (should) work.  Most is public - although I'm not sure where/how we would access it.  I have yet to find anything on mtbs' site about it, other than general information about what the project is.

BUMP!!  If anyone can find anything on this, it would sure be appreciated.  Since this meeting took place 6 months ago, surely there has been some momentum in getting this moving forward since then.

And according to their website, it's a public tender - so we should be able to find something on it.

I haven't been able to find a dang thing!
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »

BUMP!!  If anyone can find anything on this, it would sure be appreciated.  Since this meeting took place 6 months ago, surely there has been some momentum in getting this moving forward since then.

And according to their website, it's a public tender - so we should be able to find something on it.

I haven't been able to find a dang thing!

Jen,

That leaked VNO report that caesu linked has some information about a meeting on the port project that was just held in January.  Has to be translated and copied over - I have a lunch meeting in an hour and some reports to review beforehand, but I can take a look at it when I get back.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »

Thanks Lifesong - I will look for it!!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »

Well, well.

This is just done with Google - maybe ceasu could give us a better translation.

BUT - if I am reading this correctly, it DOES look like the port is going to AMERICAN COMPANIES

portMet the president of employers association ATIA, Juan David Irausquin is
discussed the plans for the new port, Nos Aruba 2025
(future) and the economic outlook for Aruba in the light of
credit crisis.

Irausquin, in March the gavel that he and Vice President
is, last week the MEP Group of the States a presentation
on the economic impact of moving the port. He
outlined the ignorance of the Group on the costs to move
entails Thursday to know what the yield will be. There is
never an economic impact study performed. The effect of the movement
for infrastructure, employment etc were unknown quantities
for the Co-Parliamentarians. Typical was the statement of one of them:
why are you (Irausquin) against the movement if your car only
but benefit from it. Similarly, the observation of another Statenlid that this
no debate in the States because you do not publicly your brother when you fall
home quarrel with him have. The Statenleden indicated not to be aware of
discussions between the government and the Spanish group of investors.

Parliament is not adequately informed. The presentation to the MEP
was the result of presentations to parliamentarians, trade unions, political
parties and officials.
About the impact of the global financial crisis, the
President employers are not too much worry. The group of Americans
Aruba is aimed at is generally feasible enough.
Expenditure to
site will probably decline in tourist accommodation.

http://www.nrc.nl/multimedia/archive/00205/week_3_1__205580a.pdf
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »

Thank you caesu for explaining this in detail with a timeline.

Excerpting this comment from you.....

i wouldn't be surprised if there is a major shift in the attitude towards Aruba.
already Bijleveld is giving out such sign by to giving in to Aruba's demands, in fact doing the opposite.

If there is a shift, what real and vivid consequences would there be? Would Croes and Oduber be at risk of losing their power?

I so hope your answer to that is yes.......and that it would be soon.

i think what has happened is that Bijleveld has said to Oduber: do you want independence? go right ahead.
don't you want independence? than we want you to behave and cooperate with the other countries of the Kingdom.

and the Dutch can't force Oduber or Croes out of power.
they only can do things Aruba don't like, like forcing through Kingdom laws without Aruba's consensus.
or refusing to give financial aid, but right now Aruba doesn't need Dutch money.
but this might change because of recession.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »

caesu,

Yes, thank you for keeping us up on this power struggle or infighting or whatever it is that Rudy Croes is doing.

Do you think he thinks Mos directly contributed to the allegations in the leaked report?  Or is Croes just striking out randomly at any Dutch he can?

With the replacement of Mos, we get yet another new person who will not be up to speed on the investigation into Natalee's disappearance.  The ALE in charge might as well have had a revolving door for the number of changes as to who was in charge it has changed so often.

What Rudy Croes seems to really want is all Arubans in all positions.  I wonder who he wants for OM now if Mos is leaving?

i don't think Mos has anything to do with the leaked report.
everyone who followed Aruba a little bit could have written that report.
the allegations in the report are pretty mainstream.
only by error it was send to an Aruba government employee.
Croes is angry because now he knows The Netherlands are paying attention.
this confirms hir paranoia he already had.

and yes, Croes is striking randomly at any Dutch.
i think this contributed also to this conflict within the police force around Peter de Witte earlier this month.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #458 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

This is a very nice summary of Superior Offshore's troubles.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2008/02/25/story3.html

Friday, February 22, 2008
Superior Offshore stock dive creates wave of departures in executive suite
Houston Business Journal

The revolving door in the executive suite of Superior Offshore Inc. began to spin in November 2007.

The changes started with the resignation of Louis Schaefer Jr. -- who founded the company in 1986 -- from the board and the appointment of James Persky as board chairman.

Meanwhile, Superior Offshore shares were spiraling downward. In a Nov. 19 report, analyst David Smith of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. noted that company insiders James Murmis, the CEO, and Roger Burks, the chief financial officer, were continuing to sell thousands of shares during October and November as part of prearranged stock trading plans -- until the company reported that the two executives terminated the plans effective Nov. 16 in order to try to prop up the stock. (Ed. 11/16 = one day after the earnings conference call when Murmis explained away the insider trading as within their prearranged stock trading plans.)

Superior shares had run up briefly in April after the initial public offering was issued at $15 a share. The stock reached as high as $19.58 on May 4 but began to slip and then tumble as disappointing financial results were announced.

By Dec. 31 the stock had dropped to $5.02 -- a 67 percent decline for the year. After reaching an all-time low of $2.94 on Jan. 23, Superior shares closed at $4.55 on Feb. 13.

Murmis and Burks in December reduced their annual compensation. Mermis lowered his salary from $750,000 to $600,000 effective Jan. 1 while Burks took an annual salary cut to $500,000 from $600,000.

Then in late December, Superior announced the company would not proceed with a planned $15 million acquisition of Ocean Flow International LLC. At the same time, the company would shell out $4.2 million to settle a dispute and terminate a charter agreement for one of its deepwater vessels.   (Ed. I'm lost - what dispute?)

A month later, Mermis abruptly announced he would quit, tendering his resignation on Jan. 28. He agreed to forfeit severance payments as well as the remaining 616,000 shares of unvested restricted stock he owned at the time. He still holds about 53,000 shares.

Thomas Coleman, a director, followed Mermis out the door a few days later, on Feb. 1.

On Feb. 11, Burks announced that he would quit March 30, to be replaced April 1 by Thomas Daman, currently the company's treasurer and senior vice president of finance.

Regulatory filings show E. Donald Terry, who replaced Murmis as CEO, is to be paid $60,000 a month and has been granted stock options on 100,000 shares expiring in 2018, at an exercise price of $3.55.

Dispute explained here:

Superior Cancels Ocean Flow Acquisition, Settles Toisa Puma Dispute
Superior Offshore International  12/31/2007
URL: http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=54613

Superior Offshore International, Inc. has jointly agreed with Ocean Flow International L.L.C. to cancel a definitive merger agreement between the two companies. Ocean Flow is a privately held deepwater subsea project engineering and offshore project management services firm.

"While both companies decided that now is not the right time to complete the merger, our discussions have laid the groundwork for what we expect to be a closer cooperative relationship in future marketing opportunities for large projects requiring deepwater fabrication and construction, pipeline engineering and project management capabilities," said Superior Offshore President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Mermis.

Separately, Superior Offshore announced that it has settled a dispute over the charter of the DP-II vessel, Toisa Puma. Under the settlement agreement, Superior Offshore will pay the vessel owner an additional $4.2 million to terminate the two-year charter. This settlement will relieve Superior Offshore of any future charter payments that would have totaled approximately $27 million.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

Hendrik Croes is very active in the promotion of business interests on Bonaire and Curacao (Aruba and, of course). Netherlands (which increasingly demands transparency of governance) is not used. The MEP will be the next time on ramkoers Holland go on the instructions of Hendrik Croes.

The political game with the Netherlands by Henry with the following players and roles filled:

Nel Oduber is moderately cooperative and ever apologized for the behavior of Rudy Croes in the Netherlands. Bano Lopez makes the line with Justice, the Netherlands and in particular  the Minister of Justice and remains open, the Aruban ideas about spotlight. Henry is always in the background but is of course architect of the game. Note that with Oduber consider the strategy. This is therefore an active player and not a victim. Rudy plays the ramkoers role and set the tone in order to focus on the heritage of Betico to monitor and thus keep the electorate happy. Minister Wever feeds the nationalist sentiments of the electorate. Edward Son of Henry, Edward Croes is an advisor to the Minister and carry out the more "physical" role: he harasses people in the Croes-faction direction, together with Oduber's son (who recently against all advice of the Police Corps Aruba got a gun permit).  The PG is the oil man: he pursues public to cooperate, his minister called an initiated projectile and enter the meantime the plans of Henry from.

Edit to add:  This is taken from the leaked VNO report, run through a Google translator.

Who holds the office of PG now?  Would that be Pieterz?

yes, Robert Pietersz

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.