April 26, 2024, 11:39:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #803 2/25/09 - 3/1/09  (Read 207910 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: February 28, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »

Just wanted to drop by and see if there is any news, either from Jug, Beth, Dave or anyone else pertinent to the case.  I want to wave to Klaas, Red, Mrs. Red, NoneSuche, San, CBB and Anna and all the other great monkeys.

Perhaps I can spend a bit more time here in the near future.  I am getting tired of working of not being able to say 'no' to every project that comes along.    Does Kermit still come here?  If so, has our favorite frog shared anything of late?

Hello Hello glad to see you back.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #781 on: February 28, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »

Kermit, I can't get this link to work:

FEBRUARY 1, 2008 Superior is reorganizing & in a cash flow crunch.
http://tinyurl.com/55995b   

Do you have another one?

*Parts 1 & 2 are updated and posted in the timeline thread - and we're only at 2/01/08 starting Part 3. 
Try this one
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-193405439.html
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: February 28, 2009, 06:37:36 PM »

Brazil
Brazil’s state-owned company
Petrobras is so optimistic that there is oil
and gas below the Colombian portion of the
Caribbean sea that it plans to expand its
operations there and regain rights on an
area it relinquished to the government earlier
this year
, according to a MarketWatch
news report. Dirceu Abrahao, the chief
executive of Petrobras’ Colombian unit,
told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview
that the company would participate in the
auction of ten oil blocks scheduled in
December, MarketWatch said. The sale
will include the Tayrona block, which
Petrobras and its partners had to hand back
to the government in February under terms
of their original exploration contract. In
May 2004, Petrobras teamed up with U.S.
major ExxonMobil and Colombia’s stateowned
company Ecopetrol to explore
Tayrona, an area of more than 4.4 million
hectares off Colombia’s northern coast in
the Caribbean waters.
Armando Zamora,
the head of the Colombian hydrocarbonlicensing
agency, or ANH, in July identified
at least eight companies interested in
participating in the auction, including
Norway’s Statoil, Italy’s Eni and Russian
gas giant Gazprom
. Total investment in the
ten blocks could reach $500 million,
according to Zamora.

http://www.offshoresource.com/pdf/os_nov_06.pdf

This is an article from 2006 but found it interesting!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #783 on: February 28, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »

LifeSong.Your Photo of Mermis....

http://investor.shareholder.com/ceosignature/webcast.cfm?mediaid=26379&k=FBBFF958840BCB922703D465D331FA2D

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #784 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »

Howdy, Tyler!   

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #785 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45:46 PM »

I noticed something we had researched before following John Silvetti from the case documents that KFT posted. I noticed this in the case filing:

The defendants in the lawsuit are talking about Superior Offshore:
"the Company had only two or three very small customers and a single large customer,
British Petroleum ("BP")

Judge approves sale of most Torch Offshore vessels

The judge said Torch Offshore could sell much of its assets to Houston-based Cal Dive and Epic Divers Incorporated for US$86.5 million dollars
http://www.tugspotters.com/verslag/archief/int.juli.2005.htm

---------

Activity Summary

Over the last few years we continued to evolve the Helix model by completing a variety of transactions and events that have had, and we believe will continue to have, significant impacts on our results of operations and financial condition. In 2005, we substantially increased the size of our Shelf Contracting fleet and deepwater pipelay fleet through the acquisition of assets from Torch Offshore, Inc. and Acergy US Inc. for a combined purchase price of $210.2 million. We also acquired a significant mature property package on the Gulf of Mexico OCS from Murphy Oil Corporation for $163.5 million cash and assumption of abandonment liability of $32 million. Finally, we established our Reservoir and Well Technology Services group through the acquisition of Helix Energy Limited for $32.7 million and the assumption of $7.5 million of liabilities. In 2006, we acquired Remington, an exploration, development and production company, for approximately $1.4 billion in cash and stock and the assumption of $358.4 million of liabilities. We changed our name from Cal Dive International, Inc. to Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc., leaving the “Cal Dive” name in our Shelf Contracting subsidiary, and in December 2006 completed a carve-out initial public offering of that company, selling a 26.5% stake and receiving pre-tax net proceeds of $264.4 million from Cal Dive and a pre-tax dividend of $200 million from additional borrowings under the Cal Dive revolving credit facility
www.dailystocks.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/544/

WE KNOW JOHN SILVETTI WANTS TO SET UP AN OFFICE IN ARUBA TO DO BUSINESS WITH SOUTH AMERICA

WE HAVE A CONNECTION BETWEEN JOHN'S COMPANY AND TORCH OFF SHORE AND A SHIP CALLED MIDNIGHT ARROW

Sonsub used a complete marine installation offshore spread consisting of its 100 hp Scorpion 24 ROV system, the Midnight Arrow, new build ROV vessel from Torch and surface and acoustic positioning services from J.D. Silvetti. Sonsub also provided cable maintenance services. FiberWeb is a project to provide high-bandwidth communication capability to fixed platforms in the Gulf
http://www.offshore-mag.com/display_article/83853/120/ARTCL/none/none/2/Subsea/Surface-Systems/

WE KNOW TORCH OFFSHORE IS/WAS A COMPANY THAT IS INVOLVED IN OFFSHORE PIPELINE INSTALLATION

Established in 1978, Torch Offshore, Inc., currently operates a fleet of nine vessels engaged in offshore pipeline installation and subsea construction for the oil and gas industry. Torch intends to expand beyond its established shallow water niche market in order to serve the industry's growing needs in the deeper waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
http://www.allbusiness.com/transportation/pipeline-transportation/6158384-1.html

Sonsub recently announced it has completed work on PetroCom's FiberWeb system in the Gulf of Mexico. Sonsub worked on about 30 pipeline crossings for the project in water depths up to 700-ft. The company installed concrete mattresses to protect the fiber optic cable crossings over pipelines. The company also performed pipeline location and cable inspection for the project.

Sonsub used a complete marine installation offshore spread consisting of its 100 hp Scorpion 24 ROV system, the Midnight Arrow, new build ROV vessel from Torch and surface and acoustic positioning services from J.D. Silvetti. Sonsub also provided cable maintenance services. FiberWeb is a project to provide high-bandwidth communication capability to fixed platforms in the Gulf. BP partners with CiDRA

In an unrelated announcement, BP has partnered with CiDRA Corp. for the provision of consulting services to integrate fiber optics into deepwater and other developments.

The goal is to undertake the development of new fiber optic products, enhance the capabilities of existing technologies, and integrate multiple, optical technologies for specific applications. Under the agreement, CiDRA will also provide fiber optic monitoring systems. Paul Martins, BP's Head of Well Performance Worldwide, said he sees CiDRA as a leader in a technology that will play a key strategic role in future field developments. He said the partnership was a starting point for routinely integrating fiber optics into well construction.
http://www.offshore-mag.com/display_article/83853/120/ARTCL/none/none/2/Subsea/Surface-Systems/

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #786 on: February 28, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »

It's so good to see all of you.  That was a lot to digest.  I am not sure I know all the minutia but it seems some people were in this to feather their nest and others knew where the nests were and were plucking the birds from the nests while we were all focused on other, more important things.

I always wondered why, after a huge pretense of groveling for funds, would they tuck tail and return, unless someone got the funds and made the contacts they were after all along and did not need the paltry Monkey Money. 

An expedition like that requires big bucks and those big bucks should have been either forthcoming or in the kitty before departing for Aruba.  There are plenty of money people who would have given that amount of money.  If someone had given me the rolodex with the names, I could have gotten the money for this.  I am sure Beth could have too.  John Q Kelly knows more money people and where their skeletons are hidden than most. 
He too could have made a few calls for funding. 

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #787 on: February 28, 2009, 06:50:25 PM »

89.CW 8 reported that a former female bartender who was hired to answer the phoneswas immediately promoted to a $50,000 accounts payable position.

I think we now know why the X-Wife was so mad!

Thank you for posting these, for some reason I can't get into the site to read them.

Here is the link to the Court document Kermit.All the posts i made are contained within it!

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:YzXYM0VYK8cJ:securities.stanford.edu/1039/DEEP_01/2008721_r01c_08-00687.pdf+Legacy+offshore+R+joshua+koch&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

I can't say I've read past the first few pages but if you note, section 4 tells much of the story as to why Aruba and the Caribbean, as well as South America became so important.  Furthermore, what better way to gain visibility and/or insider influence with powers-that-be in Aruba than to attach to the search for Natalee Holloway?

4. Plaintiffs allege that defendants each failed to conduct an adequate due diligence investigation into the Company prior to the IPO, and they also each failed to reveal, at that time of the IPO, that the Company's core business was not performing according to its stated plan, that its core market in the Gulf of Mexico was rapidly declining, and that defendants' actual undisclosed plan at the time ofthe IPO was to use the IPO funds raised to immediately transform and reorganize the Company, and to enter into new, untested markets such as deepwater and international operations - areas in which defendants had no record of success or meaningful experience and which required vastly different skills and greater expenditures than the Company's core business.

Additionally, in section 11......

11. (b) The Company already had an undisclosed plan to abandon the dwindling Gulf of Mexico work and "transform" the Company into an international and deepwater company - industries for which Superior Offshore lacked the necessary experience and assets.

Then in Section 13.........then mention of Shaefer's sons take as well as family "expenses"

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

Hi Tyerlgal it's wonderful to see you back posting !!!! 

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #789 on: February 28, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »

Updated Timeline is posted.

Part 1 begins with 1985

Part 2 begins on 12/29/07

Part 3 begins on 02/01/08

Part 4 begins on 04/04/08

Klaas or one of theAmazingMods - could you remove the previous revision from the thread?  TIA!

Lifesong, this is unbelievable and so well put together.  GREAT, GREAT, GREAT JOB!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #790 on: February 28, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »

Yes it is, Lifesong really does deserve many kudos, that was a large document to benchmark and create with the details that were inclusive. GREAT job !!

Kermit, did you see some of the snarky monkeys across the webpond think I'm "green" with you, seems I 'reappeared' to back you up.  I guess they need something to kvetch about.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: February 28, 2009, 07:04:23 PM »

makes me hungry now.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #792 on: February 28, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »

Yes it is, Lifesong really does deserve many kudos, that was a large document to benchmark and create with the details that were inclusive. GREAT job !!

Kermit, did you see some of the snarky monkeys across the webpond think I'm "green" with you, seems I 'reappeared' to back you up.  I guess they need something to kvetch about.

Oh really?
Isn't it dye their hair day?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »

Not much of a yard...

And right on top of your neighbor.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #794 on: February 28, 2009, 07:08:25 PM »

Oh really?
Isn't it dye their hair day?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: February 28, 2009, 07:10:36 PM »

Brazil
Brazil’s state-owned company
Petrobras is so optimistic that there is oil
and gas below the Colombian portion of the
Caribbean sea that it plans to expand its
operations there and regain rights on an
area it relinquished to the government earlier
this year
, according to a MarketWatch
news report. Dirceu Abrahao, the chief
executive of Petrobras’ Colombian unit,
told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview
that the company would participate in the
auction of ten oil blocks scheduled in
December, MarketWatch said. The sale
will include the Tayrona block, which
Petrobras and its partners had to hand back
to the government in February under terms
of their original exploration contract. In
May 2004, Petrobras teamed up with U.S.
major ExxonMobil and Colombia’s stateowned
company Ecopetrol to explore
Tayrona, an area of more than 4.4 million
hectares off Colombia’s northern coast in
the Caribbean waters.
Armando Zamora,
the head of the Colombian hydrocarbonlicensing
agency, or ANH, in July identified
at least eight companies interested in
participating in the auction, including
Norway’s Statoil, Italy’s Eni and Russian
gas giant Gazprom
. Total investment in the
ten blocks could reach $500 million,
according to Zamora.

http://www.offshoresource.com/pdf/os_nov_06.pdf

This is an article from 2006 but found it interesting!

* Mapping for oil in Aruba
* Petrobras wanted to buy Valero refinery
* Do business with South America

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #796 on: February 28, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »

No matter. I'm glad you showed up.

But it was KTF and Lifesong, and Hotping and bc??? cajun miracle oh darn I forgot the other nic, and bill and San and Klassend and whole bunch of monkeys that have made the inroads, not moi.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2009, 07:15:58 PM »

Capslockwizard (Comment #73) on December 24th, 2007 @ 2:38 am: 
“To Katablog, maybe you are so stupid that you do not se that I am trying to help. you are so absorb in your little peabean that you have no clue about the case.. First you need to be there to talk and see thing for your self… behinde that screen you can rumble and rumble and noting will get done… any Ideas overlook should be looked at… and this is what I am Doing now. I will go do someting about it…What are you going to do someting..I flow down and I am here … researching what not even a private investigater did over looked.”

So CapsLockwizard fle down there?

now add that to what I told ya before......remember.....
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

It is just so pointlessly shameful. If the Persistence would have just been up front and said: We are going to be mapping the ocean floor in that region and we would be honored to simultaneously search for Natalee while we are there. It would have been so greatly appreciated and noble!
They could have also handled it this way -- searched for Natalee under the guise of straight philanthropy. IF they indeed found her -- simply say: we accomplished our mission and now (while we are already here) we are going to try and pay for the trip by doing some surveying. They would still be "heroes" under either scenario!

Great to see you Tylergal!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #799 on: February 28, 2009, 07:18:09 PM »

No matter. I'm glad you showed up.

But it was KTF and Lifesong, and Hotping and bc??? cajun miracle oh darn I forgot the other nic, and bill and San and Klassend and whole bunch of monkeys that have made the inroads, not moi.

I quite agree!!

I don't think anyone could take more slings and arrows than Klaas does from the dark sides, you have endured many........I just found it so ridiculous that they would see this as yet one more conspiracy of effort. I think the last time you and I emailed it was over two years ago?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.