April 24, 2024, 10:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #110 2/25/09 - 2/27/09  (Read 230367 times)
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: February 26, 2009, 12:02:27 AM »

I got a kick outta Mark Klass saying almost exactly what I said in the last cage!
ME : Yes, and it might oppress their ability to earn a living - hey cindy and george, that is Zanida's claim - FIND YOU OWN!
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4579.msg690416#msg690416   Sometimes, I do wonder if they read us here!

Have to admit, the first time I heard Mark Klaas weigh in on this case months ago, I didn't like him....but now I look forward to what he has to say.  He usually points out the obvious... how the A's are total opposites of how people who lost someone react.

Oh well, I'm off to bed in case we get some good things to read tomorrow! 

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
wendiw8780
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #621 on: February 26, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »

to all monkeys, just wanted to say THANK YOU for being so patient with me. it means so much. i only wanted to thank all of ya'll.  sorry o/t but i think you know what i mean.

huggs, wendi

ps-maybe in a few days i will be able to think clearly-i hope.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: February 26, 2009, 12:17:17 AM »

to all monkeys, just wanted to say THANK YOU for being so patient with me. it means so much. i only wanted to thank all of ya'll.  sorry o/t but i think you know what i mean.

huggs, wendi

ps-maybe in a few days i will be able to think clearly-i hope.
Wendi - you are not allowed to say I am sorry or any combo of those words again!  Your a monkey - all is good!!!!!!!  If you ever want to just vent, musings usually has monkeys looking for a break away from the doom and gloom of the case.  I peek in there several times, just to get away. 
We are all glad you are back and feeling more and more yourself each day!
Nights monkeys, here is to my desk looking like this in the am. (Pic will only show once, no idea how to make it stick!)
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #623 on: February 26, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »

Now that ZG's lawyer knows this little tidbit .. can he file some emergency motion with the judge ... or file charges against Conway?

Sure am hoping so!  Am betting he's not a happy camper with this news.  Can just see the wheels turning...  Whatcha want to bet he's the first one in the door of the court tomorrow morning, with an emergency motion in hand? 

Can you imagine the pow wow going on at Mr. Morgan's office today? How the hell are we shown up by a bunch of monkeys??? You never checked to see if GA and CA were on TV? Someone is in t-r-o-u-b-l-e!!!!

They best be reading over here before they attempt to go into court again. 

Maybe they should publish their documents here ahead of time for review. Remember this is the same law firm/attorneys that misspelled Caylee's name throughout the documents they filed in court. Not impressive!

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #624 on: February 26, 2009, 06:05:31 AM »

The case against Casey Anthony: Do the pieces add up?
Sarah Lundy and Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writers February 26, 2009
A hair, a laundry bag, some duct tape and a strange odor in the car. Throw in a mother who lied to investigators and showed little concern for weeks that her 2-year-old daughter had disappeared.

Since Casey Anthony became the prime suspect in the disappearance — and eventual death — of her daughter Caylee Marie, prosecutors have released thousands of pages of evidence in their case against her.

But does the case, with its countless morsels of evidence, truly link the 22-year-old Orange County mother to Caylee's remains?

The Orlando Sentinel asked a handful of legal experts about some of the evidence released so far. They predict a difficult case for both sides.
"At this point ... this is a dogfight. This is not a slam-dunk for the state," said Charles Rose, a professor at Stetson University College of Law near St. Petersburg.
Skeletal remains
Anthony was charged with first-degree murder in Caylee's death before the toddler's remains were uncovered. Prosecutors faced the challenge of proving a murder without a body.

That changed when Caylee's remains turned up Dec.11 a few blocks from her home. Prosecutors can show that Caylee was the victim of a homicide. But the medical examiner ruled Caylee's death as homicide by "undetermined means."

For prosecutors trying to prove murder, "that's a huge factor," Orlando attorney Diana Tennis said.

Did Caylee die by accident, or was she intentionally killed?

Anthony contends that Caylee was kidnapped by a nanny and says that she had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Orlando attorney Bill Sheaffer, a legal analyst for WFTV-Channel9, said if the defense were to argue that Caylee died by accident, it would have to admit Anthony was involved in her daughter's death.

"The defense is far away even from making that decision," Sheaffer said.
Crime-scene items
When investigators uncovered Caylee's tiny bones scattered across a patch of woods, they also found a collection of items: a canvas laundry bag that held some of the remains, a piece of duct tape stuck to the child's skull, a Winnie the Pooh blanket and a heart sticker, among others.

At the Anthony home nearby, detectives seized a gasoline can with a piece of duct tape stuck to it — the same brand of tape found on Caylee's skull. They found the same type of laundry bag and a variety of heart stickers. Caylee's grandmother said a Pooh blanket was missing.

The lawyers who spoke to the Sentinel predicted that Anthony's defense team will try to explain away some of the similarities. The Henkel duct tape is a common brand. Whitney Design laundry bags are all over the place — Tennis said she has one at home.

Prosecutors are likely to argue that one or two items might be dismissed as coincidence, but that so many similarities point straight to Casey Anthony.

"They're really going to have to paint a mosaic one piece at a time and hope that the jury can see the complete picture when they're done," Stetson's Rose said. "It's the most challenging type of a case for a prosecutor to try."
Forensic evidence
The results of certain forensic tests — DNA, fingerprints and blood splatter, for example — are accepted as evidence in U.S. courts every day.

But analysis of whether a hair strand came from a dead or live person, or whether components of an air sample prove the presence of something dead — two issues in the Anthony case — are fairly new to the criminal-justice system.

That could be a problem for prosecutors.
Anthony's defense team can use this cutting-edge science to its advantage by asking the judge to disallow it in trial.

Bob Jarvis, who teaches legal ethics and law and popular culture at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, said judges are supposed to keep what some call "junk science" out of the courtroom.

Still, the hair strand and air samples, which came from the trunk of Anthony's car, might not play such a prominent role now that Caylee's remains have been found.

This discovery made Caylee's death more like a typical murder case. Prosecutors can focus on the body and evidence from the scene.
Results of several forensic tests on items taken in December have not been released yet. But one analysis released last week — that the FBI found no fingerprints on duct tape from the crime scene — was not good news for prosecutors.

"I believe this case is going to be won or lost on forensic testimony and whether the jury believes the state expert or defense's — if the defense can find someone that contradicts the state's forensic evidence," lawyer Sheaffer said.
Lies and misbehavior
Anthony has lied to investigators, her family and friends. Detectives say she made up her story about having a nanny and led them on a wild goose chase to Universal Studios before admitting she didn't work there.

Then there's Anthony's behavior: After Caylee supposedly went missing, Anthony waited a month to tell her family.

The young mother claimed she was doing her own investigation during that time, but text messages and interviews with friends paint Anthony as a party girl, not as a frantic mother missing her daughter.

"The No.1 piece of circumstantial evidence that is going to bury the defense is [Anthony's] behavior when the daughter goes missing. It's not the kind of behavior we have come to expect of a parent who is frantically looking for their child," Jarvis said.

Prosecutors also have charged her with stealing checks from a friend — an arrest that led to the release of store video showing Anthony shopping for herself and her boyfriend — but not for missing Caylee.

Although such information might help prosecutors turn a jury against Anthony, prosecutors may not get to present much of it unless they can convince the judge that Anthony's demeanor is relevant in proving that she killed Caylee, Stetson's Rose said.

Defense lawyers could counter by bringing in an expert to explain that everyone reacts differently to stressful situations, Nova's Jarvis said.

But jurors tend to have an idea of how people should behave in certain situations. Even if the judge reminds jurors that a suspect is considered innocent until proven guilty, "'odd' behavior tends to have a big impact for the prosecution," Jarvis said.

Upcoming legal fights over the accumulated evidence will set the tone for what jurors will see and hear.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/services/newspaper/printedition/thursday/orl-asec-casey-anthony-evidence-022609,0,3030186.story?page=2
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #625 on: February 26, 2009, 06:11:26 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- I see you sweet Scarlett -- I hope you are doing well. 

I and crossing my fingers and hoping today is our lucky day for more documents.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: February 26, 2009, 06:24:14 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 
Hope today is a doc day.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: February 26, 2009, 06:36:55 AM »

Nancy Grace Transcripts.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/25/ng.01.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #628 on: February 26, 2009, 06:37:49 AM »

Good morning Monkeys! A nice doc dump would make me so happy - this is the one day I have nothing scheduled so I could spend the whole day just reading . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
sharlock
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: February 26, 2009, 06:44:05 AM »

No Rose Quote:  (from last thread)      About the dismemberment comment made by a lawyer on HLN.   

Yes, I remember watching him say it.   Was it that Mark E. defense lawyer HLN talking head that said it?    He was the one who knew about Baez trying to sell the photo's of KC as a child - and that Baez told him that if anyone used them, he would sue.    He might have had some inside scoop.   

Sorry I was having a brain fart and didn't know what you were talking about at first.    I'm not doing too good today. I found out a friend of mine committed suicide.   This case is pissing me off.   Freaking C&G.   Just answer the stupid questions C&G - and let us have our doc dump.    There.  I feel better. 

Oh Sassy! My heart fell when I read your post. I have lost too many friends to suicide and waiver between feelings of great loss and mourning to a bit of anger with them even though it is probably unwarranted. I feel for you honey and just remember that we can ever know what haunts another's heart but we can be there for those left behind who need us. Please don't blame yourself or allow anyone else to blame themselves, it is no ones fault.
Hugs

Be the change you want to see in the world~Gandhi
sharlock
Scared Monkey

« Reply #630 on: February 26, 2009, 06:47:10 AM »

Good morning Monkeys! A nice doc dump would make me so happy - this is the one day I have nothing scheduled so I could spend the whole day just reading . . .
Good morning monkeys, did I read somewhere that the court hearing is soon or was that posted hours ago? If I haven't missed it will someone post the link please I am really behind my fellow monkeys today and don't know what is going on lol.

Be the change you want to see in the world~Gandhi
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #631 on: February 26, 2009, 07:05:07 AM »

OK night monkeys and Remember You Too Can Stay On Topic with a simple sentence added to your post!  only $19.99 shipping, handling and taxes not included.

I just love you Boo!      And I am making the Cocoa mug cake today!! Can't wait.

I am not to fond of the Anthony's. If GA can go to search for another child and be on cameras making statements it would seem this court appearance would be a walk in the park??? They should ALL go today and give their depo. These people have wasted enough time and money with their lies and ANY money Casey gets in jail should go to re-pay for the search for her daughter. They really have some nerve!!

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #632 on: February 26, 2009, 07:06:07 AM »

Good morning monkeys, did I read somewhere that the court hearing is soon or was that posted hours ago? If I haven't missed it will someone post the link please I am really behind my fellow monkeys today and don't know what is going on lol.

Good morning Sharlock -- the hearing on the depositions of George and Cindy was yesterday.  Here is a link to an article which tells what happened.  http://www.wftv.com/news/18792577/detail.html#-
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #633 on: February 26, 2009, 07:14:24 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- I see you sweet Scarlett -- I hope you are doing well. 

I and crossing my fingers and hoping today is our lucky day for more documents.

Hi there Pooky...Oh and Trimm..I am doing better today. Just a little snow last night with no winds.  Hope all is good in your neck of the woods. Hi little Pooky...
I was wondering if in fact more docs. are headed our way? Is it so?

I also can't wait to see what happens with Lee today.

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #634 on: February 26, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »

Hmmmm, no doc dump, so we're talking donuts!!!!

IMO the next round will tell of the 'shoe collection' evidence...soil samples from KC's shoe collection/samples from the trunk/samples from the body dump site...etc. Get ready...... Wink

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: February 26, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »

OK night monkeys and Remember You Too Can Stay On Topic with a simple sentence added to your post!  only $19.99 shipping, handling and taxes not included.

I just love you Boo!      And I am making the Cocoa mug cake today!! Can't wait.

I am not to fond of the Anthony's. If GA can go to search for another child and be on cameras making statements it would seem this court appearance would be a walk in the park??? They should ALL go today and give their depo. These people have wasted enough time and money with their lies and ANY money Casey gets in jail should go to re-pay for the search for her daughter. They really have some nerve!!

Q: Have you ever met ZFG?
A:
Q: Have you ever seen a picture of ZFG?
A:
Q: Did you ever have a phone number for ZFG?
A:
Q: Have you ever spoke with ZFG on the phone?
A:
Q: Did Caylee ever speak of ZFG?
A:
Q: When was the first time you heard the name ZFG?
A:
Q: Have you ever seen this ZFG before July 16, 2008
A:

RIP Sweet Puppy
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: February 26, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »

Good morning Sharlock -- the hearing on the depositions of George and Cindy was yesterday.  Here is a link to an article which tells what happened.  http://www.wftv.com/news/18792577/detail.html#-

Yesterday was terrible....What was the judge thinking and why did the FG lawyer nail a's lawyer when he said they haven't been out since the funeral??  Which is a down right out lie!!!!!!!!!!

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: February 26, 2009, 07:36:53 AM »

Hmmmm, no doc dump, so we're talking donuts!!!!

IMO the next round will tell of the 'shoe collection' evidence...soil samples from KC's shoe collection/samples from the trunk/samples from the body dump site...etc. Get ready...... Wink

Nut,I like it.Interesting.   

~ Peter Frampton
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »

RIP Sweet Puppy
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #639 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »

Good Morning Fellow Primates!

All these talking heads who say this will not be a slam dunk for the prosecution forget one thing...

The average juror has common sense!

Us monkeys know the truth because we have been following the evidence.  Once the jury learns what we already know, how can they come to any other conclusion?

Put a fork in her, she's done!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.