April 30, 2024, 06:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #22 2/24/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 86655 times)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2009, 04:14:37 AM »

Bud's hon, it's 4:10am here and I've got to work a some point tomorrow. Please set your alarm earlier, 'cause I really miss you!!!

I'm turning in! It's been real.............

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT US ALL!!!     

Night!

Just trying to make a couple of them feel bad for keeping me up till 5 a.m. a lot of mornings !   

Night, CBB !

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2009, 04:20:01 AM »

Bud's hon, it's 4:10am here and I've got to work a some point tomorrow. Please set your alarm earlier, 'cause I really miss you!!!

Night!

Just trying to make a couple of them feel bad for keeping me up till 5 a.m. a lot of mornings !   

Night, CBB !

Who did that???   
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2009, 04:25:55 AM »

Night!

Night, CBB !

Who did that???   

Got a mirror handy?   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: February 24, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »

I've got this vision of the Monkey girls backing out the boat, armed with the oregano and refreshment!!!  We'd never get it back in the slip!!!

We'd be hitting the Marina for burgers in no time!!!! 

cheers
The Marina's about 10 minutes by boat...............let's see.................. YEP! That's about how long it would take to need munchies!!!   

Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
Memries, may be beautiful and yet
Whats too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So its the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

Are you kiddng me??? Those times are HARD to remember!!!

We need to make new memories. I'm not done yet!!!!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: February 24, 2009, 07:26:04 AM »

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2009, 07:39:10 AM »

Good Morning Bearly, How are you?
GE

Fine, GE, and you?

It looks like it was a quiet night.   

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2009, 10:43:48 AM »

Hey everyone, Please help me out with this! My granddaughter attends a private academy. The tuition has just gone up once again & is now $5400. a year or 450.00 a month. We pay her tuition & it's getting harder & harder! She is in 4th grade, highschool tuition is now at 492.00 a month! i would like to know what the tuition rates are across the country. If you have children or grandchildren that attend private school or if you know the tuition costs of schools in your area please post them. We will be attending the next board of directors meeting. Thanks!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »

Hey everyone, Please help me out with this! My granddaughter attends a private academy. The tuition has just gone up once again & is now $5400. a year or 450.00 a month. We pay her tuition & it's getting harder & harder! She is in 4th grade, highschool tuition is now at 492.00 a month! i would like to know what the tuition rates are across the country. If you have children or grandchildren that attend private school or if you know the tuition costs of schools in your area please post them. We will be attending the next board of directors meeting. Thanks!!

Hi Monken.   I came over to see what question you had about private schools.   My kids went to private schools.   I had them in both - Christian and Catholic schools.   The Catholic schools were normally cheaper, especially if you were a member of the Parrish.  My three girls have all graduated from college, now - but when my oldest was in a Catholic High School (94-99) we were paying about $4500 a year plus books.   The two youngest were in a private grade Jr. High - about $6000 for both of them.   I couldn't afford to send the two younger ones to the private HS - so I switched them to public.    All three graduated from Universities in MD - and all three are working as civil servants for the government. 

Now its time for them to remember dear old mom - and repay the favor one day.     

My oldest is expecting in August.   I finally get to be a grandma!

I think the rates for your school are about average.   That's my opinion based on living in MD - where everything is expensive!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »

Hi Monken,

We also pay tuition for our granddaughter to attend private school here in Southeast Texas.  Thankfully it's not as high as yours is ! The cost is $330.00/month or $3,960/yr.  She will be in 4th grade next year.  Tuition increased last year but they have said it won't increase for the next school year -- which probably means there will be a lot more fund raisers, lol.   
If you need more specific info, please ask or feel free to get my email address from Klaas.

BG

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »

Hi Monken.   I came over to see what question you had about private schools.   My kids went to private schools.   I had them in both - Christian and Catholic schools.   The Catholic schools were normally cheaper, especially if you were a member of the Parrish.  My three girls have all graduated from college, now - but when my oldest was in a Catholic High School (94-99) we were paying about $4500 a year plus books.   The two youngest were in a private grade Jr. High - about $6000 for both of them.   I couldn't afford to send the two younger ones to the private HS - so I switched them to public.    All three graduated from Universities in MD - and all three are working as civil servants for the government. 

Now its time for them to remember dear old mom - and repay the favor one day.     

My oldest is expecting in August.   I finally get to be a grandma!

I think the rates for your school are about average.   That's my opinion based on living in MD - where everything is expensive!

Thank you, Sassy, I know that the other private schools here are much less. We do have a catholic school and 2 baptist based schools here, as well. My daughter graduated from this school & it is absolutely wonderful, but I don't know how we are going to be able to afford much more. And we also have our 3 yr old granddaughter who will be entering kindergarten in a year & a half. My daughter cannot afford to send them there & we made the decision to do this. Just hope my hubby finds a slammin" job after graduation! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »

I am answering this although mine do not go to private school. I am a homeschooler.

My grandson does go to private school because his mother travels extensively and cannot homeschool him like I did her. She pays $1,100 per month for 10 months. There is one here where the tuition is 4500.00 per year, but it is not convenient for her.

I have been a homeschooler since the late 70s and all of my older children graduated with honors from the university on academic scholarships.  

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »

Hi Monken,

We also pay tuition for our granddaughter to attend private school here in Southeast Texas.  Thankfully it's not as high as yours is ! The cost is $330.00/month or $3,960/yr.  She will be in 4th grade next year.  Tuition increased last year but they have said it won't increase for the next school year -- which probably means there will be a lot more fund raisers, lol.   
If you need more specific info, please ask or feel free to get my email address from Klaas.

BG

See they have been increasing tuition every year since she has been there. 5.00 a month every school year. They gave us a break this year & only went up 10.00. I understand the teacher pay situation in private schools, they do not get payed even close to public, & private schools get no gov. funds, but my God, the economy has affected us too! They have numerous fund raisers here as well, at least every other month. And her books are very expensive, several hundred plus a 300.00 registration fee every year!  Thanks for your info, I'm making a note of every post. 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: February 24, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »

Hi Monken,

BG

See they have been increasing tuition every year since she has been there.15.00 a month every school year. They gave us a break this year & only went up 10.00. I understand the teacher pay situation in private schools, they do not get payed even close to public, & private schools get no gov. funds, but my God, the economy has affected us too! They have numerous fund raisers here as well, at least every other month. And her books are very expensive, several hundred plus a 300.00 registration fee every year!  Thanks for your info, I'm making a note of every post. 

That should have been 15.00!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »

Hi Monken,

BG

See they have been increasing tuition every year since she has been there.15.00 a month every school year. They gave us a break this year & only went up 10.00. I understand the teacher pay situation in private schools, they do not get payed even close to public, & private schools get no gov. funds, but my God, the economy has affected us too! They have numerous fund raisers here as well, at least every other month. And her books are very expensive, several hundred plus a 300.00 registration fee every year!  Thanks for your info, I'm making a note of every post. 

That should have been 15.00!

I swear.... Payed/paid! Can you tell I'm typing with a 3 yr old in my lap!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »

I am answering this although mine do not go to private school. I am a homeschooler.

My grandson does go to private school because his mother travels extensively and cannot homeschool him like I did her. She pays $1,100 per month for 10 months. There is one here where the tuition is 4500.00 per year, but it is not convenient for her.

I have been a homeschooler since the late 70s and all of my older children graduated with honors from the university on academic scholarships.  

Good Grief!! 1100. a month, it does seem to be headed in that direction!  We have thought of home schooling as well & I admire anyone that does this! It's just not feasible for us at this time. My sister will be graduating this spring, she is in elem. ed, president's list, 4.0 grade point avg. We have discussed her helping teach as well. We'll find out more at the next meeting. Thanks for your post! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »

Hi Monken,

BG
Buds girl, does your school have a website? my school's is www.lamarschool.com   

Phaedrus
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »

My son went to private school also, and the rates are higher than those mentioned. The rate for grades 1-3 are almost $7000.00 a year. This is in Tulsa Oklahoma. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »

im in nj, monken. private schools around here - 26k a year/2015 monthly.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

Hi Monks! 
Monken, my kids went to private school k-9 and I just couldnt afford it anymore.It averaged out to 100/month for both, not including books and uniforms...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2009, 01:08:32 PM »

MAJOR EDIT... 1100/month     

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.