April 30, 2024, 03:51:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #22 2/24/09 - 2/26/09  (Read 86589 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »

Monken, check out any Catholic schools in your area.  They also usually give a volume discount for additional children in the same family enrolled. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »

My son went to private school also, and the rates are higher than those mentioned. The rate for grades 1-3 are almost $7000.00 a year. This is in Tulsa Oklahoma. 

I had no idea what tuition rates are. It's getting so hard  but we'll do whatever it takes to keep them in private school. The public schools here are not good at all! This is a college prep school with 100% of graduates going to college. I wanted to know tuition rates esp. in the mid-west & south. Thanks, Always! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »

monken-

I live in the second largest metro area in our state. The current tuition for the most popular and largest catholic school is $8,000, however the current tuition rate for a comparable christian school your granddaughter's school is $3,950 in K5  and rises up to $4,815 in senior high school. Some other private high schools here are 12K to 20K annually but they are all nationally recognized. Hope that helps but yes, tuition costs are rising across the nation. Fewer federal educational grants will also impact private schools, to include a stressed fundraising environment - they will need to make up the shortfall and that means higher tuition.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »

Monken, check out any Catholic schools in your area.  They also usually give a volume discount for additional children in the same family enrolled. 
Thank you Anna, I have & it's a really good school, but it only goes through 5th grade, so she'd only be there one year. The other private schools have, just in the last couple years, enrolled enough students to go through grade 12. We have other options but the schools are just not comparable. We'll just have to dig deeper in our pockets, I guess!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2009, 01:22:31 PM »

Monken,

Here's a link to a private school in Northeastern Ohio.  This is the tuition page.
http://www.gilmour.org/page.cfm?p=112
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2009, 01:26:35 PM »

In the mood for good news?  Couldn't find a thread for her......but..........
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/national/Missing_California_Girl_4_Located_in_Mexico_780188
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2009, 01:29:41 PM »

Hey everyone, Please help me out with this! My granddaughter attends a private academy. The tuition has just gone up once again & is now $5400. a year or 450.00 a month. We pay her tuition & it's getting harder & harder! She is in 4th grade, highschool tuition is now at 492.00 a month! i would like to know what the tuition rates are across the country. If you have children or grandchildren that attend private school or if you know the tuition costs of schools in your area please post them. We will be attending the next board of directors meeting. Thanks!!

Monken this link is for Sacred Heart Catholic School in Cullman,Alabama
http://www.privateschoolreview.com/school_ov/school_id/228

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: February 24, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Monken,Here is Sumiton Christian School.I have nieces who attended ther and I think it's supposed to be a good school.Hope this helps.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: February 24, 2009, 01:33:13 PM »

Monken,Here is Sumiton Christian School.I have nieces who attended ther and I think it's supposed to be a good school.Hope this helps.

I forgot the link.
http://www.privateschoolreview.com/school_ov/school_id/277

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »

In the mood for good news?  Couldn't find a thread for her......but..........
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/national/Missing_California_Girl_4_Located_in_Mexico_780188
Bless her heart.
Great news.

~ Peter Frampton
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »

I have spent most of this am reading past musing threads from December up until now. wow. I had been wondering where old monkeys went, they seemed to just stop posting. I was also online when some got a red button. So many questions have been answered.
If you have to know the secret code and handshake to enter another forum, then that means there is something to hide. I appreciate each and every monkey here. All have something to offer. I dont agree with everyone, but I read ALOT of what's written and sometimes even change my mind due to it! I was in the Caylee thread one night when a poster was after the personal info and IP of another member who they felt was leaking confidential info on the case from LE. I was appalled that they would consider making this info and a potential false accusation public. I felt compelled to say so and soon after that poster was responsible for getting herself the red button. I really appreciated this forum and the mods here. I am also glad that alot of this petty crap was limited to musings, and sorry it got into Natalee's thread. From a psych perspective, it was an interesting read.
Anyways, that was my 2 cents

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »

Hey everyone, Please help me out with this! My granddaughter attends a private academy. The tuition has just gone up once again & is now $5400. a year or 450.00 a month. We pay her tuition & it's getting harder & harder! She is in 4th grade, highschool tuition is now at 492.00 a month! i would like to know what the tuition rates are across the country. If you have children or grandchildren that attend private school or if you know the tuition costs of schools in your area please post them. We will be attending the next board of directors meeting. Thanks!!

Hi Monken.   I came over to see what question you had about private schools.   My kids went to private schools.   I had them in both - Christian and Catholic schools.   The Catholic schools were normally cheaper, especially if you were a member of the Parrish.  My three girls have all graduated from college, now - but when my oldest was in a Catholic High School (94-99) we were paying about $4500 a year plus books.   The two youngest were in a private grade Jr. High - about $6000 for both of them.   I couldn't afford to send the two younger ones to the private HS - so I switched them to public.    All three graduated from Universities in MD - and all three are working as civil servants for the government. 

Now its time for them to remember dear old mom - and repay the favor one day.     

My oldest is expecting in August.   I finally get to be a grandma!

I think the rates for your school are about average.   That's my opinion based on living in MD - where everything is expensive!

Thank you, Sassy, I know that the other private schools here are much less. We do have a catholic school and 2 baptist based schools here, as well. My daughter graduated from this school & it is absolutely wonderful, but I don't know how we are going to be able to afford much more. And we also have our 3 yr old granddaughter who will be entering kindergarten in a year & a half. My daughter cannot afford to send them there & we made the decision to do this. Just hope my hubby finds a slammin" job after graduation! 

I think it is really great that you're doing that for your grandchildren   (Bud's Girl, too).
I'm sure their parents appreciate more than you will ever know.    My ex-inlaws paid for one year of our daughter's HS tuition - and it was a HUGE help.    My daughter wrote her grandparents numerous thank you cards throughout the school year.   
God bless you for being good grandparents and for your generosity.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2009, 03:45:21 PM »

I have spent most of this am reading past musing threads from December up until now. wow. I had been wondering where old monkeys went, they seemed to just stop posting. I was also online when some got a red button. So many questions have been answered.
If you have to know the secret code and handshake to enter another forum, then that means there is something to hide. I appreciate each and every monkey here. All have something to offer. I dont agree with everyone, but I read ALOT of what's written and sometimes even change my mind due to it! I was in the Caylee thread one night when a poster was after the personal info and IP of another member who they felt was leaking confidential info on the case from LE. I was appalled that they would consider making this info and a potential false accusation public. I felt compelled to say so and soon after that poster was responsible for getting herself the red button. I really appreciated this forum and the mods here. I am also glad that alot of this petty crap was limited to musings, and sorry it got into Natalee's thread. From a psych perspective, it was an interesting read.
Anyways, that was my 2 cents

Hi flamom!! This mod just wanted to add my own 2 cents and say thank you!! Nice summation and we're glad you are here too!! 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: February 24, 2009, 03:49:28 PM »

Thank you all for the websites! I'm printing alot of info to have on hand. I so appreciate everyone's response! 
Trimm, my niece lives in Arab & has 2 girls, one who will start school this fall. I'm going to send her the Cullman school website; she may be interested!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »

Monken,

Here's a link to a private school in Northeastern Ohio.  This is the tuition page.
  Good Lord, I would have to have financial assistance! Do you know anyone that goes there? It looks like a beuatiful location, too! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: February 24, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »

Monken,

Good Lord, I would have to have financial assistance! Do you know anyone that goes there? It looks like a beuatiful location, too! 

Beautiful, Sorry! 

Phaedrus
crazybabyborg
« Reply #336 on: February 24, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

Monken? I can't offer any help with tuition information, but just had to say how loving you are to do this for your grandchildren. That obligation would put a strain on most anyone's finances, and you're very generous to do it! I'm sure you are one heck of a Grandma, and the kids are very fortunate to have you!   
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: February 24, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »

Hi Monken.   I came over to see what question you had about private schools.   My kids went to private schools.   I had them in both - Christian and Catholic schools.   The Catholic schools were normally cheaper, especially if you were a member of the Parrish.  My three girls have all graduated from college, now - but when my oldest was in a Catholic High School (94-99) we were paying about $4500 a year plus books.   The two youngest were in a private grade Jr. High - about $6000 for both of them.   I couldn't afford to send the two younger ones to the private HS - so I switched them to public.    All three graduated from Universities in MD - and all three are working as civil servants for the government. 

Now its time for them to remember dear old mom - and repay the favor one day.     

My oldest is expecting in August.   I finally get to be a grandma!

I think the rates for your school are about average.   That's my opinion based on living in MD - where everything is expensive!

Thank you, Sassy, I know that the other private schools here are much less. We do have a catholic school and 2 baptist based schools here, as well. My daughter graduated from this school & it is absolutely wonderful, but I don't know how we are going to be able to afford much more. And we also have our 3 yr old granddaughter who will be entering kindergarten in a year & a half. My daughter cannot afford to send them there & we made the decision to do this. Just hope my hubby finds a slammin" job after graduation! 

I think it is really great that you're doing that for your grandchildren   (Bud's Girl, too).
I'm sure their parents appreciate more than you will ever know.    My ex-inlaws paid for one year of our daughter's HS tuition - and it was a HUGE help.    My daughter wrote her grandparents numerous thank you cards throughout the school year.   
God bless you for being good grandparents and for your generosity.   

You are so sweet, Sassy! My Mom & Dad paid for my daughter's dance lessons for 14 years because we were paying for private school. My brother, my daughter & niece all graduated from Lamar & my sister worked there for 6 years. We know everyone there, so it's really more than a school to us. I'm just glad we don't have a car note right now! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »

Monken? I can't offer any help with tuition information, but just had to say how loving you are to do this for your grandchildren. That obligation would put a strain on most anyone's finances, and you're very generous to do it! I'm sure you are one heck of a Grandma, and the kids are very fortunate to have you!   

CBB,  We love them to pieces, really! I've done it all today including hot pink nails & I'm exhausted!  I gotta get coffee quick, my housecleaning starts when Mom picks her up! 
Hey, don't I look cute in my hat & bow! 

Phaedrus
crazybabyborg
« Reply #339 on: February 24, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »

CBB,  We love them to pieces, really! I've done it all today including hot pink nails & I'm exhausted!  I gotta get coffee quick, my housecleaning starts when Mom picks her up! 
Hey, don't I look cute in my hat & bow! 

Yes, I must say, even if I did dress you, that outfit suits you well!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.