June 01, 2024, 07:52:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #23 2/26/09 - 3/1/09  (Read 104832 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »

Blink - back in 2005 the Admins and Moderators at SM were reading PM's and playing around with peoples accounts etc.  That is why we no longer have PM's or the Edit function here at SM.

Red actually closed the site down for a month and reopened in October 2005 with only ME as an Admin/Mod. 

I see. Kinda takes the "private" out of the equation, dont you think?
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »

All the court documents regarding Windchime are here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/beaconhell/Offense?feat=embedwebsite#

Sick
In looking over those documents, it seems that this lady had sex with her husband on the dining room table then let her husband take x-rated pictures of her on said dining table. They weren't careful and their under-16 years-old child saw more than the child should have seen.

I do not excuse their recklessness in doing their private naughty business in an area of the house where a child could walk in and see it. Truly, there is no excuse for that.

But, how many married couples have had a child walk into their bedroom while they were "doing it?"  I once opened the bathroom door at my Grandma's house and saw her naked in the bathtub. Was she molesting me? Should she have been arrested?

I once had a child open what I thought was a locked bathroom stall door and see me sitting on the pot. Should I have been arrested?

What this lady and her husband did was reckless and negligent and they deserve to be embarrassed but what she did seems a far cry from somebody lurking about just waiting for a little child to rape and molest. Perhaps, molesting children was the furthest thing from her mind at the moment her husband was snapping those nasty pictures.

Perhaps there is more to the story but there is nothing mentioned in those court records about anything that was actually done TO the child. It was more about what this lady and her husband did with each other in the presence of a child.

It was stupid. Reckless. Negligent. Perhaps even worthy of being arrested. But, I don't see some horrid child-raping monster here.

We must have clarity in pursuing the real monsters that really are out there. I don't think this lady is a monster. Or if she is, I can't find it in the court papers.

OBG - I respectfully ask you to reread the documents!!  The childrens DOB and the year of the offense is in there!!  It is was not reckless or neglient!!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

All the court documents regarding Windchime are here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/beaconhell/Offense?feat=embedwebsite#

Sick
In looking over those documents, it seems that this lady had sex with her husband on the dining room table then let her husband take x-rated pictures of her on said dining table. They weren't careful and their under-16 years-old child saw more than the child should have seen.

I do not excuse their recklessness in doing their private naughty business in an area of the house where a child could walk in and see it. Truly, there is no excuse for that.

But, how many married couples have had a child walk into their bedroom while they were "doing it?"  I once opened the bathroom door at my Grandma's house and saw her naked in the bathtub. Was she molesting me? Should she have been arrested?

I once had a child open what I thought was a locked bathroom stall door and see me sitting on the pot. Should I have been arrested?

What this lady and her husband did was reckless and negligent and they deserve to be embarrassed but what she did seems a far cry from somebody lurking about just waiting for a little child to rape and molest. Perhaps, molesting children was the furthest thing from her mind at the moment her husband was snapping those nasty pictures.

Perhaps there is more to the story but there is nothing mentioned in those court records about anything that was actually done TO the child. It was more about what this lady and her husband did with each other in the presence of a child.

It was stupid. Reckless. Negligent. Perhaps even worthy of being arrested. But, I don't see some horrid child-raping monster here.

We must have clarity in pursuing the real monsters that really are out there. I don't think this lady is a monster. Or if she is, I can't find it in the court papers.

Oldie- respectfully, this woman witnessed this guy have sex with his own kid and more in the event you wish to rethink your position on it. I believe he got 15 years or something and she and her sister can be seen all over the web calling the kids liars. Lovely. Its vile, sick and many things I cannot say here cause I love Klaas and dont want to make more work for her Smile

That being said, if I were still a member at WS, which btw I left as a direct result of calling out this woman's specific behavior  as a mod (yep that's right AND calling it to TG's attention IN WRITING) I would be screaming from the treetrops wanting to know what she specifically had access to as well as the other mods reading the PM's without telling anyone.   

You see, I didn't see in those court papers where it said the husband was having sex with his own child and the lady was the voyeur watching. So obviously, there is more to the case than what is reflected in this lady's court records. Her court records only said she and her husband were having sex on the dining room table and the husband was taking pictures of her.

You would think her court records would reflect that she was a participant (even if only observing) in any act of sexual battery against a child. And yet, her court records specifically state in each count that no sexual battery was involved.

So that makes it all very confusing.

I agree that forums and their owners should protect the privacy of individual members. If there is no need for a moderator to know a member's private information, they should not have access to it. I was once stalked by a gang of internet bullies who were helped by a website owner/moderator who gave them my IP addy and my real name and other personal information. It can be very scary.

I know, which is why I pointed it out, there's more but really no point in discussing it and be stuck with the visual all day.

I completely agree. I am also aware of 3 Legal professionals who were forced to vet all their personal info recently and as a result have left. One works in a related capacity to Windchime's crimes, she is going to freak out big big.

Your correct, cyber bullies are a huge problem but recent cases and laws have made a ton of inroads in that area. You cannot harass or malign anyone anonymously anymore and cry free speech, not gonna happen
crazybabyborg
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2009, 12:42:48 PM »

Blink - back in 2005 the Admins and Moderators at SM were reading PM's and playing around with peoples accounts etc.  That is why we no longer have PM's or the Edit function here at SM.

Red actually closed the site down for a month and reopened in October 2005 with only ME as an Admin/Mod. 

I know Klaas has already made it clear, but I'd like to interject once more, that the current mods are not those in existance prior to Oct. 2005 and that mods at SM today do not have access to the personal informaion of SM posters.

I'm appreciative to Klaas and Red for setting it up that way. It's more work for Klaas, no question about it, but it protects SM, SM posters, and SM mods.

Everything, including even putting in an avatar for a poster, goes through Klaas. As I said, it's much more work for her, but it's just an example of the overall effort to try to do things responsibly.

If I haven't said it lately, thank you for all you do, Klaas.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »

I know Klaas has already made it clear, but I'd like to interject once more, that the current mods are not those in existance prior to Oct. 2005 and that mods at SM today do not have access to the personal informaion of SM posters.

I'm appreciative to Klaas and Red for setting it up that way. It's more work for Klaas, no question about it, but it protects SM, SM posters, and SM mods.

Everything, including even putting in an avatar for a poster, goes through Klaas. As I said, it's much more work for her, but it's just an example of the overall effort to try to do things responsibly.

Thanks CBB - I forget to make that clear!  Right now only ME, Red and Dugga are Administrators and have the ability to go into or see members profiles, etc.  Moderators ONLY have the ability to edit and move posts/threads, they don't have access to members profiles.

Red and Dugga are both busy with stuff outside of the forum which leaves ME as the lone Admin in the forum.   
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »

POST FOR TEVYE (but hi all other monks too) 

If you're serious about help with the whole APA style thing, I would be glad to offer assistance. I won't go into my credentials on a public forum, but I have used this style professionally and am very familiar with working through citation issues.

I'm headed out for most of the day, but if you want to try to go over stuff later or another day, I'll be glad to help. In the meantime, if you'd rather go it alone, here's a link you might find helpful:

http://www.apastyle.org/

BTW--your paper sounds very creative and interesting.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »

POST FOR TEVYE (but hi all other monks too) 

If you're serious about help with the whole APA style thing, I would be glad to offer assistance. I won't go into my credentials on a public forum, but I have used this style professionally and am very familiar with working through citation issues.

I'm headed out for most of the day, but if you want to try to go over stuff later or another day, I'll be glad to help. In the meantime, if you'd rather go it alone, here's a link you might find helpful:

http://www.apastyle.org/

BTW--your paper sounds very creative and interesting.
thanks Blurry! In our last "module" (Critical Analysis & Research Writing), we were told that if we didn't pass that class, we're out of our program (Family Life Educator). My prof is the final say in all things APA, and each time I submitted a paper, I'd put the lyrics or music that I used as my "constant" or background music in it. Each time, he'd say "Well, we'll figure out how to do that properly" and then we never did. To be fair, he didn't mark me down for it, he did appreciate my eclectic taste (Traffic, Led Zepplin, Barber, Beethoven!) and seemed to like it...but we never figured out how to cite it properly. And I did earn a 4.0, so I can't complain. So, any advice you can give would be most appreciated!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »

MyTime Idon't know if you are reading right now. I just wanted to say Hi. And tell you that you and the family are in my prayers. I hope you have a better day today. Take Care & God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »

I would also like to Thank Klaas for what she does along with Red & Dugga. I read here a long time before I joined and read a lot of other forums. We really do appreciate all your hard work Klaas.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »

MyTime Idon't know if you are reading right now. I just wanted to say Hi. And tell you that you and the family are in my prayers. I hope you have a better day today. Take Care & God Bless
GE

Hi GE - thank you so much!!  Today is a sunny, beautiful day - so things are looking brighter! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »

Thanks CBB - I forget to make that clear!  Right now only ME, Red and Dugga are Administrators and have the ability to go into or see members profiles, etc.  Moderators ONLY have the ability to edit and move posts/threads, they don't have access to members profiles.

Red and Dugga are both busy with stuff outside of the forum which leaves ME as the lone Admin in the forum.   

I'll attest to that! If I were to ask anybody but Klaas to do half of what she does for me, I'd get a  for sure!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2009, 02:50:20 PM »

GE

Hi GE - thank you so much!!  Today is a sunny, beautiful day - so things are looking brighter! 

I'm glad, MT!!!     
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »

GE

I am very happy to hear that. God Bless GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2009, 03:15:16 PM »

Not only is today Friday    - But today is another Holiday that some may not be aware of!!

It is !!

So please be respectful and honor this day!!  It has a significant pace in our history!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »

Not only is today Friday    - But today is another Holiday that some may not be aware of!!

It is !!

So please be respectful and honor this day!!  It has a significant place in our history!!   

edit for typo 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2009, 03:25:33 PM »

GE

Hey Sunshine!  I'm glad you are feeling better. 
                                              Go take some pics of the manatees.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

I'll attest to that! If I were to ask anybody but Klaas to do half of what she does for me, I'd get a  for sure!!

I think it would be more like a sore finger - just sayin'   
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2009, 03:35:54 PM »

It is !!

So please be respectful and honor this day!!  It has a significant pace in our history!!   
Does this mean we have to post without our pants on? 

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »

It is !!

So please be respectful and honor this day!!  It has a significant place in our history!!   

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

It is !!

Does this mean we have to post without our pants on? 

I think so........ Drop Em!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.