June 01, 2024, 05:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #23 2/26/09 - 3/1/09  (Read 104815 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »

For those that don't believe and because I hate it when computer geeks think the rest of the world is stupid (and they are a god sitting on the white throne) and think they can twist words to give the impression of something else. And because I used to Admin a board (about pictures) and hate it when board members are lied to.  One simple Google search.

Read PMs
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91369

There it is in black & white at the site that was recommended. 

RANT OVER LOL

Looks like it's readily available for download.  How do we know that WS doesn't have this?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95698

PM Workbench - Read/Search Private Messages

This Module let administrators who are given permission, search and read PM's

Features:
- Access to the PM's is controlled in your config.php for added security
- PM's can be searched for:
- Keyword (title and/or body)
- Username (sender/receiver/both, optional exact match)
- Send date after
- Send date before
- With a simple click read the PM and see who still have it in their folders.

Because the man that sits on the great white throne says they don't
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »

For those that don't believe and because I hate it when computer geeks think the rest of the world is stupid (and they are a god sitting on the white throne) and think they can twist words to give the impression of something else. And because I used to Admin a board (about pictures) and hate it when board members are lied to.  One simple Google search.

Read PMs

RANT OVER LOL

Looks like it's readily available for download.  How do we know that WS doesn't have this?

Features:
- Send date after
- Send date before

as i understand it there has to be specific access allowed by the main administrator, same as if you use a phbb hack. ive been an admin and also a mod on both, and we never have had the ability to access anyones pms but our own.

now, since the person at ws is the main admin(as far as i know anyway), there is no way of knowing what modifications have been made or added, as only they and the tech who works on the coding would be able to tell. but no mods can ever access that (possibly)added feature.
Mods can access anything that the Admin gives them permission to.  Mod is just a title, its the underlying privileges that matter.  What I am saying is that someone with the title of Mod can have Admin privileges, you don't have to have a title at all to have Admin privileges for that matter. As a board owner you can have as many Admins as you want. You as an end user would never know.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »

Today 

We probably have that ability here but since we don't have the PM's working, it's not an issue 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »

Today - you are 100% correct.  The title can mean nothing.
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2009, 08:40:03 PM »

Read PMs

RANT OVER LOL

Features:
- Send date after
- Send date before

as i understand it there has to be specific access allowed by the main administrator, same as if you use a phbb hack. ive been an admin and also a mod on both, and we never have had the ability to access anyones pms but our own.

now, since the person at ws is the main admin(as far as i know anyway), there is no way of knowing what modifications have been made or added, as only they and the tech who works on the coding would be able to tell. but no mods can ever access that (possibly)added feature.
Mods can access anything that the Admin gives them permission to.  Mod is just a title, its the underlying privileges that matter.  What I am saying is that someone with the title of Mod can have Admin privileges, you don't have to have a title at all to have Admin privileges for that matter. As a board owner you can have as many Admins as you want. You as an end user would never know.

yes, i know that. thats why i said noone but the main admin or their tech would know.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »

There are tornado warnings all across the middle of Alabama and Mississippi.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »

STARTS IN JUST A FEW MINUTES!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Today 

We probably have that ability here but since we don't have the PM's working, it's not an issue 
I have never been able to figure out what this forum is written in.  It's not the usual phpBB, but alot of the code works. You seem to have more than most forums.

PS the search here drives me nuts, but I am slowly gaining on it, search by search LMAO
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2009, 10:16:20 PM »

Today 

I have never been able to figure out what this forum is written in.  It's not the usual phpBB, but alot of the code works. You seem to have more than most forums.

PS the search here drives me nuts, but I am slowly gaining on it, search by search LMAO

I don't care for the search in this forum software either.  After alot of research Dugga decided the SMF forums had the options we needed and the highest security.
Tracy1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »

Hi all!  I am LuvLeBron's mom!  No Rose Colored Glasses:

LuvLebron told me that you were curious about what I was calling The White House about?!?!

I don't know if we have the same political leanings but I called TWH and spoke with a living person and said:
1.  The people in this country are hurting.  Many of us have a hard time paying our electric bills, yet since President Obama's inaugaration, Michelle and he are seen out on the social scene nearly every night.....Movies, Five Star Restaurants, Opening plays etc.  I told him that I don't think that is very classy and I am tired of being told by 'Washington' that times are hard and we need to rein in our spending etc.  I think it's hypocritical.

2.  That the so called "Stimulus" Bill (1000+ pages) was delivered to Congress at 11 pm on 2/13.  At 9 am the next morning, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi insisted that 'discussion' start on this huge bill...not debate, mind you, but discussion because she had a plane to catch to ITALY at 6pm that night (2/14)  She worked so hard she needed an 8 day vacation.

3.  That the people of this country DO care about the mindless, crazy pork in this bill. 

4.  That the Stimulus is a joke as only THIRTEEN percent of these huge sums of OUR money is going to go to jobs and help for businesses.

5.   That he campaigned on how awful Bush was and that if he were elected, there would be total transparancy in his government!!!??  Yeah, giving Congress 10 hours to read over 1000 pages of documents is SOOOOOOOOOO transparent.

6.  That I really resented him saying to reporters who questioned his committment to bipartisan cooperation..."Well, I'm not worried because we won"  with a laugh/smirk.

7.  That there will be a taxpayer revolt, a freedom of speech revolt, and the American people are in charge of this country...we do NOT need, nor do we want, 'the big, smart, know whats best for us government' to run our lives.

8.  That government is here to serve THE PEOPLE.  We are not here to serve the government.

I hope you don't hate me because my daughter, luvlebron, loves talking to you and sleuthing with you.

But I have been so angry for the last week that I had to sign on to SM and tell you why I called the White House./!?!

If you agree or disagree, I would love to know your thoughts as well!

And how about Lee's interview.  He lied so much that it was almost comical!!

BOYCOTT ARUBA!! Justice for Natalee
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »

Hi Jackie and Klaas -

Lee is such an idiot!!!   
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:04 PM »

Dugga has written an interesting article about handwriting on the front page.  He is asking for our comments.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: February 27, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »

Hello Mytime!!!!  How are you???

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #393 on: February 27, 2009, 10:42:38 PM »

Dugga has written an interesting article about handwriting on the front page.  He is asking for our comments.

HI A1 - did you bring any more of your home grown oregano? 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #394 on: February 27, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »

I guess we were posting at the same time!!    

I am doing ok and YOU??
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »

Bearly, you know me better.  Mytime has a little green house in her yard!!!!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

LOL - C'mon.....just a little....

It is only oregano!!   
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: February 27, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

I guess we were posting at the same time!!    

I am doing ok and YOU??
Im good!!!  I made pork chops, mac and cheeze and green beans.  Rm said he is full as a tick!!!  That's gross, isnt it?

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »

Bearly, you know me better.  Mytime has a little green house in her yard!!!!

I'm the bartender.  I was hoping you were not trying to put me out of a job...

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.