March 28, 2024, 07:32:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg Franta 58, Architect missing 2/9/09 CO (BODY FOUND) Car Accident  (Read 5308 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 26, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »

Published February 26, 2009 at 12:05 a.m.
Still no clues to missing architect's whereabouts

More than two weeks have gone by since anyone who knows Boulder architect Greg Franta has seen him - at least in person.

His larger-than-life image now looks out from a digital billboard in south Denver alongside the bright yellow words "Missing Person."

So far, that's what police consider Franta to be.

Franta, 58, had dinner with a daughter on

Feb. 8 - a Sunday night - then failed to show up for work the next morning.

"At this point, we're still treating it as missing persons case. We don't have any evidence that foul play has occurred," Boulder police spokeswoman Sarah Huntley said Wednesday.

"He had a close friend pass away fairly recently, so as I understand it, he was feeling the effects from that," Huntley said.

"In most cases, that in and of itself wouldn't cause somebody to leave," Huntley added.

"But it's the only indication we had he was having a difficult time recently," she said.

Franta's daughter told police that everything seemed fine during their dinner at a Cherry Creek restaurant.

Franta took money from his account that Sunday and attempted to retrieve more, Huntley said.

His ATM card was used again on the Monday he disappeared but hasn't been used since, she said.

A business surveillance camera caught Franta getting into his car in the 6700 block of Federal Boulevard at 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 9 and heading south into Denver.
http://maps.google.com/maps?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=6700%20Federal%20Boulevard%20Boulder%20CO&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

His 2006 white Honda Civic, which has a bright orange or yellow sticker on the back with the words hybrid electric, hasn't been seen since, Huntley said.

"The options we're exploring are one, he voluntarily has chosen to take a break from his life; two, he's the victim of a crime; or three, he's somehow involved in a crime," she said.

"At this point, we have no evidence at all of categories two or three. We're continuing to work with his family and friends to explore option one," Huntley said.

Franta, a former Colorado Architect of the Year, is a pioneer in environmentally sustainable architecture around the world, according to the Web site of the Rocky Mountain Institute, where he is a vice president.

Lamar Outdoor Advertising posted Franta's picture on a billboard at Interstate 25 and Colorado Boulevard, a spot it uses for free public service announcements.

It hasn't generated any tips.

But Vice President and General Manager Frank Bullock said the company has had great success with similar efforts on its 1,000 digital billboards nationwide.

"We don't like the bad news," he said. "But we love the opportunity to help."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/26/still-no-clues-to-missing-architects-whereabouts/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:14:59 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »

Renowned green architect Greg Franta of Boulder remains missing

Franta, 58, who made the White House more eco-friendly during the Clinton years, was last seen about 1:30 a.m. last Monday in unincorporated Adams County, Boulder police say.

He is senior vice president of the Rocky Mountain Institute, a a non-profit that researches renewable energy, oil independence and alternative transportation. He was Colorado's AIA architect of the year in 1998, and his designs of cities, buildings and campuses spans several continents.

He had dinner with his daughter Sunday night. Later, a surveillance camera spotted him at 67th Avenue and Federal Boulevard in unincorporated Adams County.

Some media outlets are quoting unnamed police sources as saying Franta was visiting The Players Club, a strip club at 6710 Federal Blvd.

Those with information who want to stay anonymous can call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or online at www.crimeshurt.com.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/16/search-boulder-architect-enters-second-week/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »

His BIO is interesting
http://www.bigspeak.com/greg-franta.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »

Body of missing Boulder architect found

Updated: 03/11/2009 09:22:50 AM MDT
The body of Boulder architect Greg Franta, missing for more than a month, was discovered Tuesday in his car off of Highway 93 in Jefferson County.

A leader in environmental design, Franta, a vice president with the Rocky Mountain Institute, was last seen in the 6700 block of Federal Boulevard in early February.

When he failed to show up for work, a missing-person report was filed with Boulder Police on Feb. 10.

The Colorado State Patrol said it appeared that Franta's white Honda Civic was southbound on Highway 93 slipped off the right side of the highway and began rolling, going down a steep embankment and colliding with trees.

The car ended upside down.

Based on the date of the missing person's report and the physical condition of the body, the accident likely occurred prior to Feb. 8, said the State Patrol.

Officials said further investigation will be necessary to narrow the timeline as to when the accident happened.

Alcohol and drugs are not suspected in the accident.

The case is under active investigation, said Trooper Ryan Sullivan.

At the time of his disappearance, Marty Pickett, an RMI executive, said it was highly out of character for Franta to miss work without letting colleagues know about it.

Pickett described Franta as a key executive with the company and a "beloved" staffer.

"He's obviously great at what he does," said Pickett. "He's also a caring and loving friend to a lot of people."

http://**/nationalpolitics/ci_11886903

Very sad

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.