April 25, 2024, 06:07:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 8208 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 26, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »

New thread for fans of American Idol 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »

Woo hoo!  I must say i was glad to see weirdo guy go tonight!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

Well, I am happy with everyone who went through tonight, but I am not happy with the format this year at all.  They don't give us enough time to see the singer develop.  I mean it is great for someone like Adam who has been appearing on stage for a long time but for some, it is overwhelming and they TIME.  I hate this set up.  And you know who the judges will pick as wild cards because they are drooling over some people.  Like Megan and Matt the dueling piano player.

I will be happy to see the top twelve next week, then we will have a show!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »

Well, I am happy with everyone who went through tonight, but I am not happy with the format this year at all.  They don't give us enough time to see the singer develop.  I mean it is great for someone like Adam who has been appearing on stage for a long time but for some, it is overwhelming and they TIME.  I hate this set up.  And you know who the judges will pick as wild cards because they are drooling over some people.  Like Megan and Matt the dueling piano player.

I will be happy to see the top twelve next week, then we will have a show!

I do not like it either - it is way to confusing for people to follow - and I don't have a fav yet because of the format - I am going to be glad to have the more normal format back.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »

meant they NEED time.

Note to self, PREVIEW.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »

must not read! i am WEST COAST..
MAN.. we need TWO threads..*L* east coast... west coast..

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »

Hey Hey with the Monkeys!

I made a passing comment in the Haleigh thread and Rana asked me who my favs were so far, so I was happy to see when I returned that a new thread was opened.

So far I agree with the F6 that have been selected.  I was so disappointed with Jasmine from MS, while young I thought she had more in her & was totally flabbergasted that she blew it with the wrong song & nerves.   Allison who is only 16 totally impressed me with how "BIG" she sings, a bit quirky otherwise but man o man can she belt out a tune!  Adam Lambert is very comfortable on stage & has a wide range, it will be interesting to see how both Allison & Adam handle other gendres.   Personally, I thought the rest of them suxed & found Jesse (other redhead) & Miss Jeanine Who Wears Short Shorts annoying to watch & listen to, phew glad they're gone!  Awws...I'll miss Nick/Norm's sense of humor but while I found him entertaining & certainly not Idol typical we knew he wouldnt win so hopefully he'll find another entertainment outlet that is more suited to his zaniness

From last week, I adore David Gokey, he has a soulfully beautiful voice & his strength in such a short time after the loss of his wife pulled my heartstrings HARD!   I swear to God if they put Tatiania thru I was gonna have a "Caplosion" get that girl a straight jacket & some valium!  Alexis Grace from last week is a cutie patonie who also has an impressive range , she lives about an hour 15 away from me, but no one from my homestate JOISEY is representing, moved to northern MS just about 4 1/2 years ago.

Next week, I'm looking forward to seeing how Scott MacIntrye does (the visually impaired guy).    Outside guess so far who they will consider for wild cards so far  ANOOP, Megan Joy Corkrey and o my will the other three judges fight Simon to get Nick/Norm back...cliffhanger for wildcard week 

Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »

I had wondered if someone, maybe Randy, would nominate Norman/Nick?  I think it would hilarious if he made top twelve, maybe even top 10, so he could tour.  The show could use some comic relief!

I am very happy with the winners so far.  Love watching Adam, Danny is great and I liked Kris's version of Man In The Mirror. 

Yep, will be happy when we get the top 12 next Thursday.  The last couple of shows, the first in particular, was just not worth two hours of my time.  I hope they don't keep this format.  If they did it for ratings, they lost, because they are down 15% from last year.  And they were down last year.....

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »

I wanted that kid who'd had such rough knocks in life and had his Grandma in the audience to go through. He has the spiky weird hair. I think his name is Nate, but I'm not sure. He gave his headband to Simon.

I'm glad Ricky Braddy got into the Wild Card round. I know they put Tatiana into the Wild Card round just for the dramatics because she is great TV.

I sometimes visit Vote for the Worst because they OBVIOUSLY have somebody working on the show feeding them inside information and I love to get the AI gossip when it's hot. I know they have a show insider spoonfeeding them info because their website posted the full list of the Top 36 two weeks before you saw it on TV.

Having said that, they are snooty and extremely mean-spirited but they remain a great source of inside info.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »

Hey all. I've been in the Haleigh Cummings thread and I  forgot this was here!! EEK! I missed some parts of Idol the last couple of shows, but I'm trying to catch up and learn the names thru "the YouTubes" etc. Then I had to watch Gordon Ramsay (aka GRrrr!!!) call everyone "donkeys" on  Hell's Kitchen **snort**

Back to Idol, that one Wild Card contender girl, was nasally all up in her nasal.

Floved Ricky (sp?) Braddy, but TPTB (The Powers That Be) -heh gave him no screen time. Plus I liked him which generally means they're toast. (Except for Cookie and Taylor and Ruben and Carrie - I like them - so I lucked out there.)

And why was Paul-ler (TM Sim-mee) why was she wearing a window treatment night before last?

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »

I wanted that kid who'd had such rough knocks in life and had his Grandma in the audience to go through. He has the spiky weird hair. I think his name is Nate, but I'm not sure. He gave his headband to Simon.

I'm glad Ricky Braddy got into the Wild Card round. I know they put Tatiana into the Wild Card round just for the dramatics because she is great TV.

I sometimes visit Vote for the Worst because they OBVIOUSLY have somebody working on the show feeding them inside information and I love to get the AI gossip when it's hot. I know they have a show insider spoonfeeding them info because their website posted the full list of the Top 36 two weeks before you saw it on TV.

Having said that, they are snooty and extremely mean-spirited but they remain a great source of inside info.

SO.MUCH.WORD. That VFTW place is a trip... and a hoot.... very mean tho - but great inside info.

And Tatiana brought the crazy. She actually (groan) sang well. They skewered her for singing the same song (Not smart  - she had the most time to prepare) but they totally let the Noopster off the hook for singing the same song (However, I like him a lot too so...)

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »

I had wondered if someone, maybe Randy, would nominate Norman/Nick?  I think it would hilarious if he made top twelve, maybe even top 10, so he could tour.  The show could use some comic relief!

I am very happy with the winners so far.  Love watching Adam, Danny is great and I liked Kris's version of Man In The Mirror. 

Yep, will be happy when we get the top 12 next Thursday.  The last couple of shows, the first in particular, was just not worth two hours of my time.  I hope they don't keep this format.  If they did it for ratings, they lost, because they are down 15% from last year.  And they were down last year.....

I know this format moves things along expediently, but IMO some great folks take time to develop (thinking Cookie last year;) And with this format they get one shot (well and a semi chance with WC - Wild Card) and it's hard for me to know them this way. When they lose one or two in elminiations every week (the format from seasons 4 -7 (?) and the rest of the survivors sing WEEKLY, I can begin to keep them straight in my meat-head and have a horse in the race... as they say....

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

Sorry I'm talking too much. I just found this thread! WOO HOO!!

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

"My woo slipped out"

Oopps wrong season (TM Brooke White last year) heh

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »

I think Jasmine had a better voice than a couple of others who are still in the running and I don't think she should have been sent home. At least, not yet. Anoop doesn't have a great voice and neither does that oil rig guy. Either on eof them could go at any time and it wouldn't break my heart. Anoop is still there because he has a great personality that plays well off of the judges but he is not an outstanding singer.

The Top 4 will most likely be: Adam, Allison, Danny, and Lil. I think Lil Rounds needs to be very, very careful or she just might go out too early like Jennifer Hudson did. Her performance last week was good but "good" is not stellar like Adam's performance was and which knocked everyone's socks off. She does not connect to the audience when she sings -- the audience connects to her through the mini-bio videos but that's still not going to be enough as things get tough.

The pretty blonde (Megan?) is an okay singer, about on par with Anoop in skill and talent but she sparkles because she has real stage pizazz and people are more willing to forgive a pretty girl for not being perfect just because she's pretty.

The guy I like is Kris, I think. He plays the guitar and sang "Remember the Time." I see him in the category of bubblegummer idol a la Justin Timberlake and other fab boy singers. I can see him being a commercial success. I can see Adam being a commercial success. I know Danny is adorable but his voice and his stage presence is just a bit too calm or smooth for me to envision him as a huge commercial success.

I know this is a nitpicking detail BUT... I am an artist as well as a writer and my eyes pick up details that other people might not pay any mind to and I noticed one curious detail about Adam's physical appearance that's at odds with the rest of his appearance and assumed youthful age...

The skin tone under Adam's jaw and his "jowel line" and in his neck is not the skin tone or tightness of a young man at the young age (20-something) that he supposedly is. He has some facial characteristics there that belong on an older man, perhaps someone who is 30ish or in his 30's. When I feel motivated, I'll go get pictures to show what I mean. But, the next time the show is on, look for it and you will see what I mean. There are other reasons besides aging for something like that -- I once had a boyfriend with "older skin" on his face and it was the result of a childhood accident with a lantern and his face catching on fire. I guess scar tissue made his skin look older.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »

I am confused - I thought there was a game here? LOL  Who took my monkey glasses?
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 10:13:09 PM »

I am confused - I thought there was a game here? LOL  Who took my monkey glasses?

Oh, sorry. I just meant that gossipping about AI is more fun when more people are gossipping. Know what I mean?

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:23 PM »

DialIdol.com Software -- What do you all think of this:

DialIdol is free & safe software you can use to speed dial votes for your favorite contestants.

DialIdol measures the busy signal to predict who will be voted off.

DialIdol was 97% accurate for season 7 of American Idol.

DialIdol has accurately predicted the winner of every American Idol season it has covered.

DialIdol works with many major shows that allow phone voting.

LINK

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 10:51:55 PM »

Oh, wow. Sanjaya has an album out:

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »

People: Report says Fox producers have already picked 'American Idol's' final four

According to an "American Idol" staff member, this season's top four contestants have already been picked by the show's producers, despite the fact viewers are supposed to vote for winners and that there are still 11 contestants in the running.

The New York Daily News reported Tuesday that a "female 'AI worker" has told several people that the show's producers picked Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Adam Lambert and Alexis Grace to be the final four. Furthermore, the unnamed employee (no, it's not Paula Abdul) said "Idol's" higher-ups were keen on making sure two of those final four don't win it all, said the Daily News.

"Adam Lambert and Lil Rounds are better singers and musicians than Gokey and Grace, but they're too much like past winners," the employee told the Daily News. "Adam's too close in style and sound to Chris Daughtry, while Lil Rounds is a dead ringer for Fantasia."

Meanwhile, she added, Gokey's story of the death of his wife, Sophia, during heart surgery a month before his audition is "a huge reason viewers are tuning in."

"American Idol" has weathered similar allegations in the past — they're actually too numerous to list here — and Fox-TV officials, who have declined to comment on the story, are no doubt counting on the new allegations to flow into the flotsam and jetsom of "American Idol" lore.

And, noted a skeptical insider at "American Idol," "There'd have to be so many people lying for them (producers) to pull something like this off — so I doubt it's true."

LINK

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.