April 26, 2024, 06:43:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE NATALEE HOLLOWAY STORY ON LIFETIME APRIL 19, 2009 at 8pm EST USA  (Read 30299 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 01, 2009, 01:59:31 PM »

LMN announces air date: April 19, 2009 at 8pm EST USA

Time:  8:00 PM 
Date:  April 19, 2009

Natalee Holloway

Starring: Tracy Pollan, Amy Gumenick, Grant Show

http://us.vdc.imdb.com/title/tt1307456/combined

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:02:29 PM »

Thanks San!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »

http://www.diarioaruba.com/diahuebs/noticia/news2.html

3/5/2009 Diario Online

Papiamentu translation:

much expectativa here at aruba! pelicula “natalee holloway: the movie” will happen at tv at month of april oranjestad (aan): in the dianan here can see cu on the canal lifetime movie network (lmn) they're promocionando the pelicula “natalee holloway: the movie”. the pelicula, basa in the book of beth twitty (loving natalee: owing to mother’s testament or hope and faith), will happen on canal 27 day 19 of april for 9 pm. according beth twitty, the is one pelicula is focus on the esfuerzonan cu owing to being haci for achieve know kico owing to happen cu his child muher of 18 year cu owing to desaparece at aruba. lifetime movie network (lmn) is one canal dirigi at person muher. akinan they have one day special caminda they're happen peliculanan relaciona cu casonan regal. the actriz tracy pollan (“family ties”, “law & order: svu”), casa of the conocido actor michael j. fox (“back to the future”) is interpreta the paper of mother of natalee. in the paper of natalee will have amy gumenick (“supernatural”), y also the participacion of grant show (melrose place). the pelicula owing to wordo filma at south africa at month of january. come across

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »

Tracy Pollen is the wife of Michael J. Fox who grew up in Coquitlam, B.C. ...  a neighbouring community on the other side of the Fraser River.

I had to share.  It may not seem much but it is one of my few claims to fame.

I am looking so forward to Beth Holloway's movie.  Between Beth and Dave's respective books and ... now this movie ... Aruba will go down in history as the Island where a corrupt investigation prevented justice from prevailing for an 18 year old American named Natalee Holloway.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/the-beth-holloway-interview

The Beth Holloway Interview

by Rachel Cohen Created 03/25/2009 - 12:55

What prompted you to write the book “Loving Natalee: A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith”?

The writing of the book actually evolved over a period of time. Shortly after this happened to Natalee, I made a pledge that I would share her story with every high school I could, because I hoped that no other family would have to endure the challenges that we faced during our first few weeks in Aruba. I lived in Aruba for about four months while I was searching for her, and during the fifth month, I thought it was time for me to make good on my pledge as Natalee’s case was now in the hands of John Kelly, attorney at law. I began traveling and, over the course of two years, presented personal safety messages to over 20,000 high school and college students in 22 states. During this time I thought, “How could I reach more travelers?” and I started thinking about writing a book.

How did this movie come to be?

It’s a direct result of the book. We started talking about it with Lifetime, and at first I wasn’t sure if I could take the next step. But then I had the privilege and opportunity to fly to Los Angeles and to sit down with an incredible creative staff from Sony and Lifetime. I knew instantly that this was the next step and the right thing to do.

What was it like being on set?

I was nervous and overwhelmed at first. Even the equipment and the logistics were fascinating to me. I had my camera and took pictures whenever I could. It was really an honor to be there.

Has it been emotional to replay these events?

I don’t think that anything could compare with the first four months of what we endured while searching for Natalee in Aruba. The movie is something I view as an accomplishment, because we are able to help shed light on a lot of things that I wrote about in my book.

What is it like having Tracy Pollan play you?

It’s an honor. I think she’s a genuine, sincere, real person. There could not have been a better choice.

In the movie, we watch Beth change and grow into an activist as she searches for her daughter and for the truth about what happened. Tell us about that experience.

There seems to be a common thread among all of us who have experienced a devastating or traumatic event, and that is the wanting to reach out to others — whether it’s through philanthropic events or in my case, taking Natalee’s story podium to podium, high school to high school and college to college. You want to make a difference and ensure that no other family will have to endure the same tragedy.

What do you really think happened to Natalee?

We have tried to be so careful not to speculate over the last four years. We always go back to the known facts, and the known facts are that we have indentified the three individuals who were last seen with Natalee alive. As she was leaving Carlos and Charlie’s, we know the condition that Natalee was in. And when the suspects took her from the establishment, we have 22 different versions that they have given to the police to explain what they did with her that night. We know the sexual conduct they engaged in with her in the car as she was semiconscious, falling asleep and waking up. So we know it doesn’t look good, the things that were transpiring. Other than this, we have no further information.

You are very involved in helping others stay safe while traveling abroad. As a public speaker, what words of guidance do you give your audiences?

I remind them about the importance of their personal safety and that personal safety boils down to making a plan. Whether that plan is investigating the infrastructure of a country that you will be visiting, securing police numbers and embassy contacts, or understanding what the United States Embassy can and cannot provide for tourists who find themselves in a crisis outside our borders, it’s important to be prepared. I also remind my audiences that a lot of these occurrences transpire in the early morning hours. I cannot tell you the exhausted list of families that I have been working with whose loved one was last seen leaving an establishment at 12:30 am, 1 am or 1:30 am.

It’s the same scenario time after time, and it’s never a good outcome. It sounds so simple and something you’d even tell an elementary child — never go anywhere with strangers, never leave a place alone, and have a time and place to meet with friends before you leave the establishment.

What would you like audiences to take away from this movie?

I think the overall message is the message of hope, the hope for justice and the hope of making a difference in other people’s lives. I think what this movie will do after all is said and done is give my definition of hope — which is the inexplicable empowerment that enables us to move successfully from challenge to resolution with courage. It’s more than just wishful thinking; it’s the guarantee that there’s light at the end of whatever tunnel we’re trying to find our way through. My first phase was a fantasy phase of hope, and I thought I was coming to Aruba and taking Natalee home alive. When I left home, I told my son I’d return with her in a couple of days. As you move through a crisis and your hope is shattered, you have to find a new hope to carry you through. If I had stayed in my fantasy hope for too long, I could have never have fought so hard for Natalee’s life to make a difference.

Another message is the importance of justice. I was going to bring Natalee home whether she was alive or not. I was going to have justice and put her perpetrators behind bars. Well, none of that happened, and I can only hope that it does one day, but if it doesn’t, I still have a real hope — and real hope has actions behind it.

And my real hope is that, when I present to colleges, churches, civic groups and attorney generals, I am making a difference. It’s tangible for me, and that is why I keep going.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 10:51:45 PM »

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=1

Natalee Holloway Movie Photos

"Natalee Holloway" tells the harrowing true story of a teenage girl's disappearance while on vacation in Aruba and her mother's frantic search to find her. Tune in to "Natalee Holloway" on the Lifetime Movie Network on Sunday, April 19 at 8 pm et/pt. Encores April 20 at 12 pm et/pt.

Posted: Thu., Mar. 26, 2009 , 11:00 am EDT

(From left to right) Grant Show (as George "Jug" Twitty), the real-life Beth Holloway (Natalee's mom) and Emmy Award nominee Tracy Pollan (as Beth Holloway) on the set of the "Natalee Holloway" movie.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcomer Amy Gumenick stars as Natalee Holloway, whose mysterious disappearance has never been solved.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracy Pollan as Beth Holloway is filled with anguish at the thought of what could have happened to her missing daughter, Natalee Holloway.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real-life mother of four Tracy Pollan walks the streets of Aruba while playing the mother of missing Natalee Holloway.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Melrose Place" star Grant Show plays Natalee’s concerned stepfather, Jug Twitty, in the "Natalee Holloway" movie.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=5

In this scene, a pained mother covers the island of Aruba with photos of her missing 18-year-old daughter.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=6

Natalee Holloway's mother, Beth Twitty (played by Tracy Pollan), gives a press conference to try to call attention to her daughter’s disappearance.

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=7

The real Beth Twitty looks on as a scene is shot from the Lifetime Movie Network's "Natalee Holloway."

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=8

Natalee Holloway (played here by Amy Gumenick) was seen getting into a car on the night of her disappearance with Joran Van Der Sloot (played by Jacques Strydom).

URL for this photo:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/natalee-holloway-movie-photos#id=9

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:17:36 AM »

From the current issue of US Weekly

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »

Having known about this upcoming movie, I set my mind on watching without a doubt.  I just checked our cable provider's lineup and found that we only are offered Lifetime and not LMN.  The film was not listed as offered in our area, nor is it a pay per view option.       It appears that Satellite & Time Warner offer it. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:25:24 PM »

4/15/2009 Amigoe

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_55229.php

Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »

I have this on my mind and will watch with a box of tissues.  Pollan is an excellent choice to play Beth as they both emanate class and style.

This tragedy is what brought me to the front page of SM. I did not go into the forums back then but this has always upset me so.  I can identify with Natalee as  many people and family have always said I was to trusting. She trusted in another in a strange country and then the real hell began for her family. Poor little girl..All she did was trust.

I have always agreed with Jug that the police covered this up and I also beleive that it was in fact a police boat that navigated Natalee far far away from that nasty Island.  The Holloway's and twittys never stood a chance and them showing up so soon was surprising to them but they still had the upper hand.

Jan Van der Straten was involved up to his eye balls and only one boat could of gone undetected that night and that was LE.  This is JMO but who else could of covered up so well?  Daddy and God-Uncle scumbags.
Aruba Blows...Even the wind knows that.

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »

From Good Day L.A.:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway/book-excerpt-%E2%80%9Cloving-natalee-a-mother%E2%80%99s-testament-of-hope-and-faith%E2%80%9D

Book Excerpt: “Loving Natalee: A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith” by Beth Holloway

Created 04/01/2009 - 15:07 

Natalee had never had a boyfriend per se, as in going steady, or “going out,” as it’s referred to these days. But she had plenty of “friendboys,” as we called boys who were just friends. At Mountain Brook High School it seemed most of the boys and girls were part of big groups. Only a very few had actually paired up as couples. Natalee and I always talked very openly with each other about sexual matters. She confided to me that she was a virgin. And I let her know that I was very glad about that. I continued my lecture and explained that some men might try to engage her. “People who go on these exotic trips are generally there to have fun, but there are others who may have another agenda. You could be a target. They might try to get you drunk and take advantage of the situation. You need to be on your guard at all times and stay with people you know.” It would be very difficult to identify a time when Natalee was not with her friends. She was always with her group. We joked about how they all traveled in a pack. She promised to be careful. And I had absolutely no reason not to believe her.

Parents teach children about the dangers of the world not to make them live in fear, but because it’s just not safe anywhere any more. It might not be safe in your own home on the Internet in a chat room, and it might not be safe on an exotic island trip with a hundred friends. I made sure Natalee heard me when I warned her to guard her personal safety.

A former Mountain Brook student had returned from his senior trip to Aruba two years prior and told about an experience he had in the popular nightspot there called Carlos ’n Charlie’s. Some locals were trying to get a couple of his female classmates to leave with them when this young man stepped in. He said he believed that he had helped abort a potentially dangerous situation.

My recollection of his chilling account of this experience gave me my first feeling of apprehension about the trip. Natalee and I discussed what happened to this former student, and I felt better after reminding her about the possible dangers she could face. She had proven to be very responsible all of her life. I trusted her to be able to take care of herself. As the countdown to graduation and her senior trip ticked down, the time moved very fast. On Friday night Natalee danced at the senior prom. The following Tuesday night she walked across the stage and accepted her high-school diploma. Two days after that she left for Aruba. And by the next Monday morning she was missing.On Thursday, May 26, 2005, Natalee came into my bedroom at three o’clock in the morning to tell me it was almost time to go. Everyone was gathering at a friend’s house for the ride to the airport. My job was to pick everyone up at the airport when they returned on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2005.

While Natalee was going to be out of town, Jug was going to his lake house to visit with his family and friends. In our marriage, the second for both of us, we rarely vacationed together. My son, Matt, had made his own plans with friends for the weekend, so it was the perfect time for me to take a much-needed, overdue trip to my family’s lake house in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I had not been there in a very long time. Birmingham is about nine hours away, so it was just too long a drive since moving here to make the trip on a regular basis. I was very much looking forward to visiting with my family. Everyone’s plans were made.

In the wee hours on this Thursday morning Natalee and I loaded her things in the back of the car and headed off to her friend’s house. It was very dark at that hour, and we were both only half awake. But we did talk some. Small talk. We reviewed what she had packed, going through a mental checklist of passport, cash, camera, sunscreen, and the like. When we arrived at her friend’s house, she came to life. The adventure she had been excitedly awaiting for months was finally about to begin. She jumped out of the car and bounced to the back to get her bag. I got out and walked around the car to help her. She gathered her things and looked up long enough for me to kiss her on the cheek.

“I love you! Have a great time!” I told her.

She replied, “Bye, Mom! Love you!” and slung her purple duffel bag over her shoulder. The bag made her walk slightly bent to its opposite side. I got back in the car as she made her way up the long walkway to the front door. Turning the car around to leave, I stopped and looked back over my shoulder to see her go inside. The front door of the house opened just wide enough for her to slip in. I saw her silhouette in the beam of light that shone from inside. The light narrowed as the door closed, then disappeared completely. It was pitch-black again. I drove away not knowing that would be the last time I would ever see Natalee.

Excerpted from “Loving Natalee: A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith.” Copyright © 2007 by Beth Holloway. Reprinted by permission of HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 07:04:59 PM »

http://www.diarioaruba.com/diasabra/noticia/news4.html

Papiamentu translation:

much promocion at merca y on internet for this... diadomingo now have pelicula of natalee

oranjestad (aan): much person is cla y prepara for see the pelicula of natalee holloway! one pelicula “made-for-tv” is enfoca on the teenager of alabama, that owing to desaparece at end of half 2005 while the is bishitando aruba together cu his class.

the premiere of the pelicula here will is diadomingo now, 19 of april 2009, for 8’or of night at lifetime movie network, esta lmn at canal 27 of cable of aruba.

the pelicula is enfoca on the mother of natalee, esta beth holloway, y the buskeda for his child muher perdi, y for “berdad y husticia”, according the productornan.

the is basa on the book “loving natalee; owing to mother’s testament or hope and faith” of beth holloway self.

tracy pollan is the actriz in dje, y is conoci for his rol because; the chick of michael j. fox in the serie “family ties” in pasado. the is play the rol of beth holloway.

natalee holloway never more owing to worde achieve, y none person owing to worde acusa formalmente cu his desaparicion, although here owing to detene joran van der sloot, because; also two young of suriname at various ocasion. come across

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 01:46:26 AM »

FYI - Carpe is uploading it to Youtube.  He's not done uploading all the segments but he's working on it!  Scroll down on the left where it says recent activity!  He still has to finish uploading 1-3 but 4-8 are there!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjuicykungfu
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »

FYI - Carpe is uploading it to Youtube.  He's not done uploading all the segments but he's working on it!  Scroll down on the left where it says recent activity!  He still has to finish uploading 1-3 but 4-8 are there!

Thanks Klaas & Carpe! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 01:56:59 PM »

Carpe just posted thest links on the front page of SM as an additional way to view - THANKS CARPE!

For any who missed it:

The Natalee Holloway Aruba Movie

worldwide video download links

just download to watch (8 segments)

natalee holloway 1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SNR11AO1

natalee holloway 2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GC63KKSE

natalee holloway 3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1HKBLQQA

natalee holloway 4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKYFG766

natalee holloway 5

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0XK6B9GP

natalee holloway 6

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SQJI6DZE

natalee holloway 7

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZ2W3WQ5

natalee holloway 8 - final

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQL1GZR3

—-

you can also see it on you tube

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 03:46:42 PM »

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/movies/natalee-holloway

Links to all aspects encompassing Beth Holloway's movie.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »

LifetimeRebecca 12:40pm Today

For those of you who were unable to view this movie or wish to view it again, the full movie, "Natalee Holloway", is now available streaming on our site. Visit this link:

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/lmn/natalee-holloway-movie/full-movie/video/natalee-holloway-part-1

to see the entire movie.

http://community.mylifetime.com/community/lmn/discussions/talk-about-natalee-holloway#comment-6997

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nXyIwfyZCXXtdMpu8FGccA/WEEKLY_News.pdf

News Items and Public Crime Summary for Week Ending
April 25, 2009

Aruba – Media in Aruba Moderately Positive About Holloway Movie

Media reaction in Aruba was somewhat positive after watching the television movie, "Natalee Holloway," which aired yesterday on Lifetime Movie Network. The movie is based on "Loving Natalee," the book by Natalee's mother Beth. Aruban journalist Dilma Arends-Geerman said that the movie was disappointing, but that Aruba was treated fairly by the movie makers. (Various media)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nXyIwfyZCXXtdMpu8FGccA/WEEKLY_News.pdf

Aruba – Rating Records “Natalee Holloway” Movie
The premiere of "Natalee Holloway" on the Lifetime Movie Network set a number of ratings and viewership records. The Sunday night premiere attracted 3.2 million total viewers for a 1.8 rating and was the highest-rated telecast among women 18 to 49 on basic cable in the last 12 months, with 1 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in that demographic category. (Various media)

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.